View Full Version : Bears smackin' the Vikes

Blues1
12/28/2009, 10:37 PM
23 to 6 ~ 3 Qrt. ~~~ :(

Internet Link Below...

http://atdhe.net/11264/watch-minnesota-vikings-vs-chicago-bears

Blues1
12/28/2009, 10:45 PM
Vikings coming Back 23 to 13 ~~~ 1:18 left ~~3 Qt.

olevetonahill
12/28/2009, 10:54 PM
Im thinkin the Vs are gonna Take this Game away from ths Bears

StoopTroup
12/28/2009, 10:55 PM
Go Vikes!

Blues1
12/28/2009, 10:56 PM
Im thinkin the Vs are gonna Take this Game away from ths Bears

C'mon AD ~~~~ :)

OUinFLA
12/28/2009, 11:18 PM
Farve is incredible

OUinFLA
12/28/2009, 11:19 PM
Peterson and Harvin ain't so bad either.

OUinFLA
12/28/2009, 11:20 PM
I can hear the air coming out of New Orleans about now.

Sooner Eclipse
12/28/2009, 11:23 PM
I can hear the air coming out of New Orleans about now.

That aint air, Its bayou stench.

soonerboy
12/28/2009, 11:32 PM
^ this :)

Blues1
12/28/2009, 11:41 PM
WOW ~~~~ :)

SoonerStud615
12/28/2009, 11:44 PM
Favre does it again...OT here we come!

Leroy Lizard
12/28/2009, 11:45 PM
Can I get an update. GameCast is totally freaking out.

Blues1
12/28/2009, 11:47 PM

OVERTIME ``` 30 TO 30

Blues1
12/28/2009, 11:48 PM
GO HERE if YOU CAN

http://atdhe.net/11264/watch-minnesota-vikings-vs-chicago-bears

Blues1
12/28/2009, 11:51 PM
Bears Fg No Good....!!!!

OUinFLA
12/28/2009, 11:52 PM
bears fg is wide right
is he from fsu?

Collier11
12/28/2009, 11:54 PM
Run the fuggin ball with AD, what are they thinking?

Blues1
12/28/2009, 11:55 PM
Bears Ball ---- Vikes had to Kick....

Collier11
12/28/2009, 11:55 PM

Sure, C11>LL

Blues1
12/28/2009, 11:56 PM
Bears going to punt....

soonerboy
12/28/2009, 11:57 PM
Good game, I have nothing on this so I can enjoy it without having a stroke like I do everytime da soonas play

Blues1
12/28/2009, 11:59 PM
AD Fumbles.... :(

Leroy Lizard
12/28/2009, 11:59 PM
So much for that.

soonerfromgeorgia
12/29/2009, 12:00 AM
AD just fumbled away the game !

JLEW1818
12/29/2009, 12:00 AM
Gotta love bears +8

VA Sooner
12/29/2009, 12:01 AM
Damn fumble.

Blues1
12/29/2009, 12:02 AM
Bears Win ---Long Pass.....

soonerboy
12/29/2009, 12:02 AM
unreal

Frozen Sooner
12/29/2009, 12:03 AM
AD needs to get the fumblitis problem cleared up posthaste.

RoaminSooner
12/29/2009, 12:06 AM
Great game!

Blues1
12/29/2009, 12:07 AM
Bear Fans Got their's Money Worth tonight...!!

Feel bad for AD -- But...

olevetonahill
12/29/2009, 12:11 AM
Great Game
On the Fumble it Looked like they Had AD by the Face mask
and another D knocked the Ball loose :mad:

sooner59
12/29/2009, 12:12 AM
For the first time, I truly am disgusted by Adrian Peterson. I am so disappointed in him. He is so talented but always forgets the #1 rule of playing RB: Secure the football.....especially in OT.

OU-HSV
12/29/2009, 12:12 AM

No doubt, it's getting ridiculous. I don't understand how he doesn't have a solid grip on that football. Hate to say he lost them the game at the end, because their defense played like sh*t nearly all game...but AD fumbling it there at the end didn't help one bit. It's too bad, hope he can shake the problem.

Sooner04
12/29/2009, 12:13 AM
I am so sick TO DEATH of crippling Peterson fumbles. Be a ****ing pro and do your job. Secure the ball to your chest on the way down.

For ****'s sake he's KILLING me.

OU-HSV
12/29/2009, 12:13 AM
Great Game
On the Fumble it Looked like they Had AD by the Face mask
and another D knocked the Ball loose :mad:

Either way you'd like to see one of the top RBs in the NFL hold onto the ball. It's inexcusable.

Sooner04
12/29/2009, 12:14 AM
Maybe Dallas will want Peterson and we can finally make up for that Herschel Walker trade.

JLEW1818
12/29/2009, 12:16 AM
Maybe Dallas will want Peterson and we can finally make up for that Herschel Walker trade.

:eek:

rawlingsHOH
12/29/2009, 12:18 AM
I am so sick TO DEATH of crippling Peterson fumbles. Be a ****ing pro and do your job. Secure the ball to your chest on the way down.

For ****'s sake he's KILLING me.

How about Antoine Winfield? Worst game ever as a Vike?

Sooner04
12/29/2009, 12:19 AM
How about Antoine Winfield? Worst game ever as a Vike?
Without a doubt, but he's also hurt. Looked good his first week back against Cincinnati, but that foot is having trouble with the cold.

OU-HSV
12/29/2009, 12:24 AM
Without a doubt, but he's also hurt. Looked good his first week back against Cincinnati, but that foot is having trouble with covering people.

Fixed

rawlingsHOH
12/29/2009, 12:28 AM

In all fairness, option B isn't any better.

Since 2007...

Adrian Peterson... 13 fumbles lost in 990 touches... 1 every 76 touches

Chester Taylor... 6 fumbles lost in 460 touches... 1 every 76 touches

olevetonahill
12/29/2009, 12:34 AM
If Yall really have a Prob with AD
May I suggest you act like a man ? Tell him to his Face :pop:

OU-HSV
12/29/2009, 12:40 AM
If Yall really have a Prob with AD
May I suggest you act like a man ? Tell him to his Face :pop:

No way in hell I'd do that :D

Look, I still love the guy...he's an athletic freak of nature...he's always seemed to be a good role model for kids...and a humble guy...I mean who doesn't have a man crush on him right? :O
All I'm saying is hold onto the damn football. Maybe he needs to do extra ball protection drills after practice or something, I don't know the answer...but for the money he makes and the important role he plays on that team, in order to maintain his largely expected path/status of "one of the best RBs ever"...or even "the best RB ever" he needs to protect the football.

olevetonahill
12/29/2009, 12:47 AM
No way in hell I'd do that :D

Look, I still love the guy...he's an athletic freak of nature...he's always seemed to be a good role model for kids...and a humble guy...I mean who doesn't have a man crush on him right? :O
All I'm saying is hold onto the damn football. Maybe he needs to do extra ball protection drills after practice or something, I don't know the answer...but for the money he makes and the important role he plays on that team, in order to maintain his largely expected path/status of "one of the best RBs ever"...or even "the best RB ever" he needs to protect the football.

Just seems Like a Lot here are wantin to Pull an LL and toss him under the bus .

So He Fumbled and they Lost the Game . I didnt see a single Play thru 4 quarters that He caused them to be in OT. Cuttler thru 2 Intercepts Am I right ?
AD Fumbled ONCE am I right ?

Who should be tossed ?:D :D
Hell i dont care a Bit about NFL ball
I just watched to see Tommie and AD :cool:

JLEW1818
12/29/2009, 12:48 AM
i don't **** with people who have birds ....

olevetonahill
12/29/2009, 12:49 AM
i don't **** with people who have birds ....

Then Dont Mess wit Me cause I gots BOOMER :P

OU-HSV
12/29/2009, 12:50 AM
Just seems Like a Lot here are wantin to Pull an LL and toss him under the bus .

So He Fumbled and they Lost the Game . I didnt see a single Play thru 4 quarters that He caused them to be in OT. Cuttler thru 2 Intercepts Am I right ?
AD Fumbled ONCE am I right ?

Who should be tossed ?:D :D
Hell i dont care a Bit about NFL ball
I just watched to see Tommie and AD :cool:

Oh I agree...you can't put total blame on AD for the loss. My main point was that fumble wasn't helpful one bit. And he needs to get a grib on that ball.
The D and special teams were horrible. Couldn't stop them when they needed to stop them. Seriously AD had like 140 total yards or something..and 2 tds. So I agree if there's major finger pointing to be done maybe we should all shift our finger pointing to the special teams and the D.

rawlingsHOH
12/29/2009, 12:56 AM
Oh I agree...you can't put total blame on AD for the loss. My main point was that fumble wasn't helpful one bit. And he needs to get a grib on that ball.
The D and special teams were horrible. Couldn't stop them when they needed to stop them. Seriously AD had like 140 total yards or something..and 2 tds. So I agree if there's major finger pointing to be done maybe we should all shift our finger pointing to the special teams and the D.
Loss...
Favre fumble
Missed XP
Terrible KO coverage
Terrible DB play
Terrible (at times) OL play
Non-existent (at times) pass rush
Childress/Bevell's 1st half leash on Favre, just to show him who's boss, LOL
Berrian's huge drop
Not going for 2/win (that's a stretch, but no way did I want to kickoff in OT)
AD's fumble

Leroy Lizard
12/29/2009, 12:58 AM

Huh?

If you're referring to me, I'm the biggest defender in here of players who make mistakes or have bad days. Look at my posts after any loss.

Now, if AD had stolen the football he fumbled, that would be different. :D

OU-HSV
12/29/2009, 01:01 AM
Loss...
Missed XP
Terrible KO coverage
Terrible DB play
Terrible (at times) OL play
Non-existent (at times) pass rush
Childress/Bevell's 1st half leash on Favre, just to show him who's boss, LOL
Berrian's huge drop
Not going for 2/win (that's a stretch, but no way did I want to kickoff in OT)
AD's fumble

Agreed. All things to point fingers at

JLEW1818
12/29/2009, 01:03 AM
Then Dont Mess wit Me cause I gots BOOMER :P

oh i know.. STEP showed me some footage of that birdy :D

olevetonahill
12/29/2009, 01:06 AM

Dayum STEP :D
Had to keep him on my shoulder to keep hisass quiet :D

rawlingsHOH
12/29/2009, 09:21 AM
It is so blatantly obvious that the NFL is a passing/QB league. Why Childress/Bevell are too stuborn to recognize that, is beyond me? Too much Bucky Badger in them.

Look at the teams... Colts, Saints, Cowboys, Eagles, Packers, Patriots, Chargers, Cardinals; it's not even close to debatable, good passing equals success. Forcing the run equals 5-11 seasons.

Free Favre Now!

stoops the eternal pimp
12/29/2009, 09:25 AM

That bird hates people...

btw, the people a few weeks ago trying to force me to eat crow for the favre move by the vikings...if they lose next week, he'll have 1 more win than tarvaris jackson did last year....

not saying it was favre's fault though

sooner518
12/29/2009, 09:43 AM
i wonder if he would have fumbled if the other defender hadnt had a solid grasp on his facemask....

Jello Biafra
12/29/2009, 09:48 AM
Agreed. All things to point fingers at

friggin dorks...

the "missed XP" was blocked.

favres fumble was karma coming back to kick his *** for the play before when harris had his feet wrapped and had him on his way to the ground and he half asssed threw the ball away.

the kick off coverage was ok. why can't it be that the bears ko team is just that good? remember devin hester? the only difference in what you saw last night and what would have been if hester was out there would be tds instead of 60 yard retruns. hester doesnt do it by himself. he has 10 others helping him. i suspect this was that case last night too.

db play was terrible but that is a direct result of the line not getting pressure.
matter of fact, while we slept, Aromashodu caught another 3 balls for 100 yards. that dude that was covering him was turrrible.

the oline play... yeh it was bad but it was arrogance on the coaches part. you cant block harris AND idonije with one man and they attempted to do it for 3 of the 4 quarters.

as far as the non exsistant pass rush statement, wrong. it was there and he was being hit. but he was rolling out and running with it instead of standing in there and taking the hit. he was hit numerous times and was sacked twice.

cant blame peterson on the fumble. it was punched out while he was on his way down to the turf. now favres fumble....different story. he just shiite on himself and dropped it.

ouleaf
12/29/2009, 09:48 AM
It is so blatantly obvious that the NFL is a passing/QB league. Why Childress/Bevell are too stuborn to recognize that, is beyond me? Too much Bucky Badger in them.

Look at the teams... Colts, Saints, Cowboys, Eagles, Packers, Patriots, Chargers, Cardinals; it's not even close to debatable, good passing equals success. Forcing the run equals 5-11 seasons.

Free Favre Now!

I agree with this. As much as you want to see AD run the ball 25-30 times for 150+ every week, it's just not going to happen this year. The Vikings can't run block against 7 or 8 defenders in the box and AD gets swallowed up near the LOS every time.

You begged Brett Favre to come back for one reason only and that was to help win the Super Bowl. At this point the Vikings will only go as far as Brett can take them. I'd probably throw balance out the window and look for Brett to throw it at least 70% of the snaps. Use the Pass to set up the run or give it to AD in goal line situations or to run down the clock.

Furthermore, what are the chances of Childress being fired at the end of the year if they don't win the whole thing? The fact that the Bears were not only in that game but dominating it is ridiculous. The Bears are terrible this year. That and the struggles in other recent games after looking like a machine the first 3/4 of the season is puzzling.

I know there is all the speculation that Shanahan will be in DC next year, but what if the Vikings make a move for him or Cowher? Would Brett still stick around if one of those guys came over. Would love to see what AD could do in a Shanahan system. His RBs always put up great numbers.

Jello Biafra
12/29/2009, 09:51 AM
i wonder if he would have fumbled if the other defender hadnt had a solid grasp on his facemask....

what the hell does that have to do with holding onto the ball/getting the ball punched out?

thats like me saying. i wonder if cutler would have thrown that pick if the pass rusher didnt go helmet to helmet with him after he threw the ball.

Jello Biafra
12/29/2009, 09:53 AM
The Bears are terrible this year. .

suck my brown eye.

Collier11
12/29/2009, 09:54 AM
Hey Jello, did ya hear that stat from last nite that of Cutlers 26 ints, 23 were simply his fault for making a bad throw. Gotta love it ;)

Jello Biafra
12/29/2009, 09:58 AM
Hey Jello, did ya hear that stat from last nite that of Cutlers 26 ints, 23 were simply his fault for making a bad throw. Gotta love it ;)

yeh i heard it. it is an amazing stat but seeing as how it came from one of the worst nfl qbs ever to NOT hold a clipboard, i take it with a grain of salt.

i envision cutler trying to make things happen as opposed to just sticking his finger in the air looking up to the sky and just heaving it at some random receivers.

Collier11
12/29/2009, 10:05 AM
yea but eventually he has got to learn to not make so many bad decisions or you guys cant make it to the playoffs

msteudem
12/29/2009, 10:08 AM

Regardless of whether it help contribute to the fumble. That was a personal foul that wasn't called and it make a difference in the outcome of the game. AD's head was clearly being turned around on that play. Blind refs! Course if he just runs out of bounds that doesn't even happen. Oh well, he is still learning.

rawlingsHOH
12/29/2009, 10:14 AM
That bird hates people...

btw, the people a few weeks ago trying to force me to eat crow for the favre move by the vikings...if they lose next week, he'll have 1 more win than tarvaris jackson did last year....

not saying it was favre's fault though

QB play from 08 to 09 has been as big of an upgrade as I've ever seen in the NFL. Truly remarkable how much better Favre is than Jackson/Frerotte.

rawlingsHOH
12/29/2009, 10:18 AM
friggin dorks...

the "missed XP" was blocked.
Trajectory tragically low

favres fumble was karma coming back to kick his *** for the play before when harris had his feet wrapped and had him on his way to the ground and he half asssed threw the ball away.
Nothing half-assed about that throw away. It was a good play, at right at the fullback.

the kick off coverage was ok.
LOL

why can't it be that the bears ko team is just that good? remember devin hester? the only difference in what you saw last night and what would have been if hester was out there would be tds instead of 60 yard retruns. hester doesnt do it by himself. he has 10 others helping him. i suspect this was that case last night too.
LOL

db play was terrible but that is a direct result of the line not getting pressure.matter of fact, while we slept, Aromashodu caught another 3 balls for 100 yards. that dude that was covering him was turrrible.

the oline play... yeh it was bad but it was arrogance on the coaches part. you cant block harris AND idonije with one man and they attempted to do it for 3 of the 4 quarters.

as far as the non exsistant pass rush statement, wrong. it was there and he was being hit. but he was rolling out and running with it instead of standing in there and taking the hit. he was hit numerous times and was sacked twice.
Wait... wha?!?!

LOL

cant blame peterson on the fumble. it was punched out while he was on his way down to the turf. now favres fumble....different story. he just shiite on himself and dropped it.
LOL

All in all, nomination for Delusional post of the day!

stoops the eternal pimp
12/29/2009, 10:30 AM
QB play from 08 to 09 has been as big of an upgrade as I've ever seen in the NFL. Truly remarkable how much better Favre is than Jackson/Frerotte.

my argument was that when you make a move at a position like they did, if you don't win a super bowl, it was for not.....it hasn't resulted in any benefit for the team...A reason why I'm always against teams making moves and getting significantly older at a position...Maybe TJ could have developed more...maybe they make a move in the draft last year, and let TJ captain this ship for this season...

Teams still stack the line to stop AD.a few hundred more carries on his body..possibly just one more win...

A wasted season

rawlingsHOH
12/29/2009, 10:36 AM
my argument was that when you make a move at a position like they did, if you don't win a super bowl, it was for not.....it hasn't resulted in any benefit for the team...A reason why I'm always against teams making moves and getting significantly older at a position...Maybe TJ could have developed more...maybe they make a move in the draft last year, and let TJ captain this ship for this season...

Teams still stack the line to stop AD.a few hundred more carries on his body..possibly just one more win...

A wasted season

Totally disagree.

The NFC is a complete toss-up. All 6 teams are pretty even. I may even like Dallas as the favorite. But it is hard to tell, sometimes the "hot" team carries momentum into the playoffs, then again, sometimes the team that went 1-3 in December gets hot in January.

All I know is the Vikings will be playing a home game, and they are undefeated at home. They at least have a shot to get to the Super Bowl this season, unlike last. Favre gives them a puncher's chance.

Jello Biafra
12/29/2009, 10:38 AM
yea but eventually he has got to learn to not make so many bad decisions or you guys cant make it to the playoffs

and we wont until we get some players for that oline. most of those dudes have been around since christ was a corporal. unfortunately, the defense is getting old as well.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/29/2009, 10:41 AM
Totally disagree.

The NFC is a complete toss-up. All 6 teams are pretty even. I may even like Dallas as the favorite. But it is hard to tell, sometimes the "hot" team carries momentum into the playoffs, then again, sometimes the team that went 1-3 in December gets hot in January.

All I know is the Vikings will be playing a home game, and they are undefeated at home. They at least have a shot to get to the Super Bowl this season, unlike last. Favre gives them a puncher's chance.

If they win a superbowl then it was a success..other than that nope...

Jello Biafra
12/29/2009, 10:44 AM
Trajectory tragically low

Nothing half-assed about that throw away. It was a good play, at right at the fullback.

so nothing about "in the grasp"? at all eh? he was and he knew it but the refs still gave him the benefit of the doubt

LOL

LOL

Wait... wha?!?!

LOL

LOL

All in all, nomination for Delusional post of the day!

really? so all you can say is LOL and im the one who is delusional? we have 3 completely different ko returners go for 30+ yards and the fact that devin hester has led the league in ko returns for multiple years and it was "just bad kick return coverage" for the queens eh? ok whatever helps you sleep at night.

rawlingsHOH
12/29/2009, 10:45 AM
Handicapping the NFC playoffs...

Dallas
Eagles
Vikings
Green Bay
Arizona
Saints

Common denominator? Great QB play/passing game. I could see any of the six taking it.

I think the Cowboys are playing the best defense right now. But they've had their share of terrible play (especially in the secondary too). I loved Green Bay's defense until the Pittsburgh collaspe. I had a hard time buying into the Saints, but winning down there should be tough. Do the Cardinals have another run in them? We know they can do it. I guess I like the Eagles the least, but they are explosive too, and are on a huge roll.

Collier11
12/29/2009, 10:46 AM
Eh, Id say if they make it to the SB it is a success STEP, short of that it will be a failure though for all the reasons you mentioned

rawlingsHOH
12/29/2009, 10:50 AM
If they win a superbowl then it was a success..other than that nope...
You can say generic statements for every team like that.

It was a great acquisition. To argue against that is simply being stubborn. Unwillingness to admit a previous hardstance was taken in error.

Remember, hindsight is 20/20, use it!

Jello Biafra
12/29/2009, 10:50 AM
as far as the DLine of the queens not getting a pass rush not helping the dbs....

what don't you understand about that? the pressure was there he was simply sidestepping it or running away from it. the very first series randle had him by the shoulder, he slumped away rolled out and completed a 15 yard shot to the middle.

i said the pressure was there it just wasnt constant. if ANY qb in the nfl is allowed to roam around, eventually he will find a target no?

Sooner04
12/29/2009, 10:53 AM
The crippling thing about Peterson's fumbles is it takes the ball out of the hands of a HOF quarterback who's playing at an incredibly high level. Fighting for that extra half-yard was understandable last year because Peterson was the man and absolutely HAD to do it. It was his team, and if he didn't make the plays, well,who else would?

This year though, he's taking Favre off the field and that's just death. As poor as the defense was last night, they held in crucial situations late. You don't often see teams go scoreless in OT twice, especially at home. If Peterson just goes down it's 1st and 10 Minnesota at the 40.

But no.....

stoops the eternal pimp
12/29/2009, 10:57 AM
You can say generic statements for every team like that.

It was a great acquisition. To argue against that is simply being stubborn. Unwillingness to admit a previous hardstance was taken in error.

Remember, hindsight is 20/20, use it!

For a 40 year old quarterback? If they don't win the SB, which lets be honest, thats the reason they made the move, how could it be a great acquisition?

Once again, Favre has had a great season, but in a year or 2, your starting over at the qb position again with nothing to show for it..

rawlingsHOH
12/29/2009, 11:00 AM
The crippling thing about Peterson's fumbles is it takes the ball out of the hands of a HOF quarterback who's playing at an incredibly high level. Fighting for that extra half-yard was understandable last year because Peterson was the man and absolutely HAD to do it. It was his team, and if he didn't make the plays, well,who else would?

This year though, he's taking Favre off the field and that's just death. As poor as the defense was last night, they held in crucial situations late. You don't often see teams go scoreless in OT twice, especially at home. If Peterson just goes down it's 1st and 10 Minnesota at the 40.

But no.....

You are right about him trying to get every last inch. 90% of guys are out of bounds on that play. But Peterson takes a left turn in bounds to try at squeak out another yard. That is part of what has made him great. His will.

rawlingsHOH
12/29/2009, 11:04 AM
For a 40 year old quarterback? If they don't win the SB, which lets be honest, thats the reason they made the move, how could it be a great acquisition?

Once again, Favre has had a great season, but in a year or 2, your starting over at the qb position again with nothing to show for it..
Because it gave them at least a CHANCE to compete for a Super Bowl. Still does.

The Vikings are a veteran laden team with potentially a shrinking window. They didn't have a franchise quarterback on the roster, therefore they weren't sacraficing the development of any young prodigy.

Great move.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/29/2009, 11:09 AM
unless no superbowl

Collier11
12/29/2009, 11:09 AM

But no.....

Then you are asking AD to change the type of RB he is and has always been. Ill take a guy who tries to hard and makes a few mistakes as opposed to a guy who doesnt always give max effort every day

Jello Biafra
12/29/2009, 11:15 AM
Because it gave them at least a CHANCE to compete for a Super Bowl. Still does.

The Vikings are a veteran laden team with potentially a shrinking window. They didn't have a franchise quarterback on the roster, therefore they weren't sacraficing the development of any young prodigy.

Great move.

but instead of paying a large amount of money and stroking the ego of one brenda favre, they could have the next favre who is currently a backup to one of the mannings or brees or mcnabb or whatever. hey it worked for kansas city ;)

Jello Biafra
12/29/2009, 11:21 AM
Then you are asking AD to change the type of RB he is and has always been. Ill take a guy who tries to hard and makes a few mistakes as opposed to a guy who doesnt always give max effort every day

agreed. i know this is apples and oranges but as a little league coach, we always ask the kids to give 100% every play, every day and to be an athAlete. i would take ADs effort all day long. you never know what will happen. we don't have to look any farther than last nights game to see the results. cutler runs the ball to the left, the safety closed in and instead of sliding, cutler continues on and he runs over the safety and picks up another 5 yards. if you have an athlete like peterson, that missed tackled turns into another 20 yards.

at some point, the defense has to be able to stop a terrible offense like chicagos. period. to be honest with you, i was suprised favre didnt throw his typical 3 ints in the game. in which case, we wouldnt even be talking about ADs effort and fumble.

Sooner04
12/29/2009, 11:25 AM
I'll take Chris Johnson's effort. More yards, less fumbles.

Bourbon St Sooner
12/29/2009, 11:33 AM

Ooohhh. A slam on AD on a Sooner Board. This may require severe penance.

rawlingsHOH
12/29/2009, 11:36 AM
to be honest with you, i was suprised favre didnt throw his typical 3 ints in the game. in which case, we wouldnt even be talking about ADs effort and fumble.
Seems you're too blinded by spite to give a rational opinion on anything here.

Did Favre beat up on your team one year or something?

He's tied for the league lead in least amount of INTs (7) this year.

rawlingsHOH
12/29/2009, 11:38 AM

So you are saying you would take, agruably, the greatest season EVER by a running back instead?

I agreee!

While we are at it, can we swap OLs with them as well?

Sooner04
12/29/2009, 11:44 AM
So you are saying you would take, agruably, the greatest season EVER by a running back instead?

I agreee!

While we are at it, can we swap OLs with them as well?
It depends. Does Chris Johnson have some cool nickname? Or can we just call him "The Best"?

TMcGee86
12/29/2009, 11:48 AM
He fumbles way too often on Madden10 as well.

He srsly needs to fix that asap.

rawlingsHOH
12/29/2009, 11:51 AM
It depends. Does Chris Johnson have some cool nickname? Or can we just call him "The Best"?

We can certainly call him "The Best in 09", or at least "Flavor of the Year"!

Sooner04
12/29/2009, 11:54 AM
Well, which is it? Is he having the best season of any RB in NFL history of is he just a flash in the pan?

All I know is Chris Johnson has fumbled as many times in his career as Adrian Peterson has this year against the Bears alone.

Jello Biafra
12/29/2009, 12:00 PM
Seems you're too blinded by spite to give a rational opinion on anything here.

Did Favre beat up on your team one year or something?

He's tied for the league lead in least amount of INTs (7) this year.

do you have a fugging clue as to what you are talking about? you do know this isnt favres first season in the nfl right?

i dont give a shiite about this year. im talking about the other multiple games when he has had a bad game and instead of pulling up on the reigns, he hammers the gas and goes full throttle into an offensive meltdown. you do realize there have been 6 seasons he has had as many ints as TDs on the year?

something tells me you don't pay much attention.

rawlingsHOH
12/29/2009, 12:04 PM
Well, which is it? Is he having the best season of any RB in NFL history of is he just a flash in the pan?

All I know is Chris Johnson has fumbled as many times in his career as Adrian Peterson has this year against the Bears alone.

It's obviously unknown, and may be both. I've never seen anything like it. I also know I haven't seen too many NFL backs with a frame like his. He's built like Devin Hester. Looks more like a corner than a 25 carry/game runner.

rawlingsHOH
12/29/2009, 12:10 PM
do you have a fugging clue as to what you are talking about? you do know this isnt favres first season in the nfl right?

i dont give a shiite about this year.
So you don't care about what is actually relevent? Brilliant!

im talking about the other multiple games when he has had a bad game and instead of pulling up on the reigns, he hammers the gas and goes full throttle into an offensive meltdown. you do realize there have been 6 seasons he has had as many ints as TDs on the year?
Yep, in past seasons he's had his share of terrible games. But none yet in 15 games with the Vikings. His worst game this year was 73 rating, against the Bengals. In layman's terms, his WORST game this season is rated just as "good" as Jay Cutler's season rating.

something tells me you don't pay much attention
Do you honestly believe that?

The comment on your "team" was tongue in cheek at Favre's nearly 2 decades of dominance over the Bears.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/29/2009, 12:11 PM
IMO, its more about his running style than anything...Take a look at the player he was most often compared to in running style Eric Dickerson..He fumbled...a lot....

I also think that a lot of defensive players have stopped trying to tackle him and they just go for the ball due to his style and his refusal to go down

Sooner04
12/29/2009, 12:13 PM
It's obviously unknown, and may be both. I've never seen anything like it. I also know I haven't seen too many NFL backs with a frame like his. He's built like Devin Hester. Looks more like a corner than a 25 carry/game runner.
I remember Tiki Barber having fumble troubles and he went out and fixed it. He fumbled 9-8-9-9 times between the 2000 and 2003 seasons. Worked on it, tried some things and went 5-1-3 his last three seasons before retiring.

I have to retire from this topic now. Otherwise I'm never going to shed the bad mood last night's game put me in.

Go Vikes! They're killing me, but Go Vikes!

Mjcpr
12/29/2009, 12:16 PM
I am no RB expert but I think he doesn't tuck the ball agains his body so it's easily knocked out...he did the same thing at OU. He just holds it with his hand and against his forearm and doesn't tuck it in against his body. That's my untrained observation.

TXBOOMER
12/29/2009, 12:18 PM
How many yards would CJ have in Minnesota? They are both great but I'd take AD all day long over CJ if all things were equal. With that said, AD needs to hold the Fing ball tight to his chest.

Sooner04
12/29/2009, 12:20 PM
How many yards would CJ have in Minnesota? They are both great but I'd take AD all day long over CJ if all things were equal. Why? Because Peterson went to OU?

rawlingsHOH
12/29/2009, 12:26 PM
I remember Tiki Barber having fumble troubles and he went out and fixed it. He fumbled 9-8-9-9 times between the 2000 and 2003 seasons. Worked on it, tried some things and went 5-1-3 his last three seasons before retiring.

I have to retire from this topic now. Otherwise I'm never going to shed the bad mood last night's game put me in.

Go Vikes! They're killing me, but Go Vikes!

Not just Tiki, the all-timers....

Emmitt - 7 in '90, 8 in '91
Walter - 10 in '76, 11 in '77, 9 in '81
Barry - 10 in '89
Dickerson - 13 in '83, 14 in '84, 10 in '85, 12 in '86, 10 in '89
Tony D - 12 in '77, 10 in '81, 12 in '84
Tomlinson - 8 in '01
Jim Brown - 9 in '60, 9 in '62
Faulk - 8 in '95
Marcus - 14 in '83, 8 in '84
Franco - 9 in '74, 9 in '75, 10 in '77, 11 in '79, 10 in '83
Thurman - 9 in '88
OJ - 8 in '72
Earl - 9 in '78, 8 in '79, 10 in '81

Sooner04
12/29/2009, 12:31 PM
God, don't put Franco Harris in there. Dude's a *****. Same with Dorsett and his pansy self.

We had this conversation last year. I remember the numbers. I know the history. I'm just seeing a kid in Tennessee who's smaller but provides bigger numbers and less fumbles. What's the secret? Technique? Smarts?

I just looked it up Barry Sanders. 1994: 2166 yards from scrimmage, 375 touches, 0 fumbles. DAMN!

stoops the eternal pimp
12/29/2009, 12:38 PM
I think again its a style of runner...how many defenders got clean shots at Sanders or at Johnson?...Peterson's upright running style and someone takes on tacklers instead of making them miss IMO cause a lot of it...

rawlingsHOH
12/29/2009, 12:39 PM
God, don't put Franco Harris in there. Dude's a *****. Same with Dorsett and his pansy self.

We had this conversation last year. I remember the numbers. I know the history. I'm just seeing a kid in Tennessee who's smaller but provides bigger numbers and less fumbles. What's the secret? Technique? Smarts?
Probably everything.

I see Peterson protect the ball pretty well when he's running between the tackles. But when he's in the open field, he's seems less secure. Johnson definitely doesn't take the contact Peterson does, and isn't frequently pulling and dragging defenders. He just needs to be smarter. Two hands when you are going down, like last night.

I just looked it up Barry Sanders. 1994: 2166 yards from scrimmage, 375 touches, 0 fumbles. DAMN!
Yep, amazing. And proof it is correctable!

I just hope the Vikings don't try an make a huge issue out of it. It has to be improved but just work at that. Benching or anything like that would be ridiculous. I think he had gone about 100 touches since his last. Not great, but okay, at least.

JLEW1818
12/29/2009, 12:51 PM
just imagine Sanders on the cowboys.....

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
12/29/2009, 01:25 PM
peterson is a weird deal. i'm not sure with his style he is ever going to fix his fumbling problems. the normal method is to push the ball up your shoulder pads towards your chin. however, this method has a weakness - lowering your head and hitting someone will allow them to put a good hit on the ball when they submarine you.

Jello Biafra
12/29/2009, 03:12 PM
So you don't care about what is actually relevent? Brilliant!

You ****tard. i was commenting on how i was suprised when things werent going well for him last night, he didnt revert to the ole "gunslinger" of his younger years.

Yep, in past seasons he's had his share of terrible games. But none yet in 15 games with the Vikings. His worst game this year was 73 rating, against the Bengals. In layman's terms, his WORST game this season is rated just as "good" as Jay Cutler's season rating.

apples and oranges dork. we're talking about him melting down and saying "screw it. im going to throw us in or out of the game"

Do you honestly believe that?

The comment on your "team" was tongue in cheek at Favre's nearly 2 decades of dominance over the Bears.

well, a decade is 10 years and he hasnt played for 20 years so whatever. hes 3-8 against us since 2004. im sure theres more data out there, i didnt have time or care to find it. wouldn't exactly call that dominance

suck it

rawlingsHOH
12/29/2009, 03:37 PM
well, a decade is 10 years and he hasnt played for 20 years so whatever. hes 3-8 against us since 2004. im sure theres more data out there, i didnt have time or care to find it. wouldn't exactly call that dominance
Uhhh.... "nearly 2 decades"

This is Favre's 19th season in the NFL, 18th as a starter. As I said.

Before calling some one a "****tard", perhaps learn to read.

By the way, his career record is 23-11 against the Bears. As I said.

Jello Biafra
12/29/2009, 03:54 PM
Uhhh.... "nearly 2 decades"

This is Favre's 19th season in the NFL, 18th as a starter. As I said.

Before calling some one a "****tard", perhaps learn to read.

By the way, his career record is 23-11 against the Bears. As I said.

sit back, have a beer (assuming you ARE of legal age...doubtful but whatever) and enjoy the azz raping your team will take in the first round. you've earned it you lost to one of the worst offensive teams in the NFL this season.

rawlingsHOH
12/29/2009, 04:17 PM
sit back, have a beer (assuming you ARE of legal age...doubtful but whatever) and enjoy the azz raping your team will take in the first round. you've earned it you lost to one of the worst offensive teams in the NFL this season.

You're too emotional to endure rational discussions on the subject. You have such a deep-rooted fanatacism that it becomes difficult for you to present any good ideas you have. Reminds me of my wife.

I commend you on your vigor. But remember; never too high, never too low, the answer generally is found somewhere in the middle!

Jello Biafra
12/29/2009, 04:23 PM
You're too emotional to endure rational discussions on the subject. You have such a deep-rooted fanatacism that it becomes difficult for you to present any good ideas you have. Reminds me of my wife.

I commend you on your vigor. But remember; never too high, never too low, the answer generally is found somewhere in the middle!

:rolleyes:

rawlingsHOH
12/29/2009, 04:25 PM
By the way, I quit drinking in the 90s. I found it clouded my judgement.

Jello Biafra
12/29/2009, 04:35 PM
By the way, I quit drinking in the 90s. I found it clouded my judgement.

you should stop milkin the lizzard then...its shrouding your view...

stoops the eternal pimp
12/29/2009, 05:04 PM
From ESPN's Gregg Easterbrook

So the Minnesota Vikings have lost three of four, and Monday night managed to make Jay Cutler look like a star quarterback. Brett Favre and Brad Childress are at each other's throats. The Vikes, once 10-1, might go into meltdown.

This should hardly come as a surprise, since Favre's past two teams melted down late in the season. In 2007, the Green Bay Packers lost the NFC Championship Game at home, and Favre had so worn out his welcome in Green Bay -- he had his own dressing area so he wouldn't have to interact with other players -- that coaches and management couldn't wait to get rid of him. In 2008, the New York Jets were outstanding early, but lost four of their final five games and missed the playoffs. The coaches were all fired and Favre was given the boot. Basically, in a single season, he blew up an entire team. Now things have started well at Minnesota and are declining late. This is not a surprise, this is Brett Favre's recent pattern. Don't marry Zsa Zsa Gabor and think she really cares about you. Don't hire Favre and think he cares about anything but Favre.

There's a second level of the Favre-Childress nonsense -- bureaucratic infighting come to professional football. Childress wants to be the one in charge, calling the plays. Favre wants to be the one in charge, calling the plays. Favre refers to Childress as "Brad" in public, not because they are close pals but in order to make him sound like some minor factotum, perhaps a courtier -- and don't think Favre does not realize that he's doing this. Peyton Manning never refers to his head coach as "Jim," he calls him Coach Caldwell. No NFL quarterback other than Favre regularly refers to the head coach by his first name.

Favre is trying to broadcast the message, "I am the reason the Vikings are winning. Not the other players, not this guy on the sideline with the headset. I am the reason. The guy with the headset is just standing around. Admire me." Childress wants to broadcast the message, "The Vikings are winning because of me, not Favre. It's my plan you see unfolding." Like two ponderous federal agencies fighting for jurisdiction, Favre and Childress are fighting for the credit. Except the fight is turning credit into blame.

Players have a lot more to do with victories than coaches, and Favre clearly knows what he's doing on the field, so it might be better for Minnesota's chances if Childress simply let Favre call his own plays. And Childress, who learned NFL coaching in the Philadelphia Eagles' pass-wacky system, has a long-standing affection for tossing the ball, so you'd think the two could agree on this. But if a player directly challenges the authority of the head coach, trying to make him look bad, he tears up the cohesion of the team. The only thing a player can accomplish by challenging the authority of the head coach is drawing attention to himself. That's been Favre's No. 1 concern for years. It tore up his past two teams, and may tear up the Vikings.

rawlingsHOH
12/29/2009, 05:16 PM
In 2007, the Green Bay Packers lost the NFC Championship Game at home, and Favre had so worn out his welcome in Green Bay -- he had his own dressing area so he wouldn't have to interact with other players -- that coaches and management couldn't wait to get rid of him.
More myth than reality. Though I agree, it looks great in print. Shock 'em!

stoops the eternal pimp
12/29/2009, 05:29 PM
Right, because Farve loves people!!

rawlingsHOH
12/29/2009, 05:41 PM
Right, because Farve loves people!!
Well Mike McCarthy explained it... Favre spent as much time, long hours, there as anyone, as his wife and kids left in September to spend the school year in Mississippi, and the facility staff would often be gone before he left for the night. Coupled with him being there for 15+ seasons, being a living legened, etc... it didn't seem like much of a concession to give him have an area for himself.

But like I said, that doesn't sound as good, or get reader/viewer reaction, does it?

Maybe when Peyton's in Indy, or Tom is in Boston, for another 4 or 5 years, they'll do the same for them!

stoops the eternal pimp
12/29/2009, 08:22 PM
that sounds good too...looks good in print..HE CAN THROW A FOOTBALL A 1/4 OF A MILE, HE S GOT TO BE A GREAT FELLER! HE"S THE ONLY GUY WHO HAS A FAMILY ON THE TEAM!!

Scott D
12/29/2009, 08:26 PM
rawlings why so quick to defend Favre? The guy's been a ****** for years.

despite what the article says, it's not Favre v. Childress that has this team losing, it's the fact that without EJ Henderson their defense couldn't stop a bunch of preschoolers from scoring on them.

tulsaoilerfan
12/29/2009, 09:13 PM
Not to mention their kick coverage looks like OU's from 2008

OU-HSV
12/29/2009, 09:24 PM

A buddy and I were having a discussion about this very topic the other day. Ours was more geared toward who we plan to draft in fantasy football next year with the number 1 pick (if we were lucky enough to have the top pick).

Both of us are big OU fans...and big AD fans. But we both had to look at things realistically...we would take Chris Johnson.
And to me it's more than just a fantasy football topic. What Chris Johnson has done in his short career is amazing. And when you think about it, he gave up a ton of carries last year to Lendale White and that chunked into his stats quite a bit last season. But the guy rarely fumbles (like twice this year), and he's a home run type RB just like AD. And to me he looks faster than AD even, which is phenomenal. Bottom line is that he is currently a better stat producer than AD...and he protects the football.

So I guess the point for all of us is...although we all love AD it's okay to say someone else is having a better season.

I haven't given up on AD, the guy could still end up being the best RB to ever play in the NFL. However, Chris Johnson sure looks like he could snag that label as well. Time will tell.

Collier11
12/29/2009, 09:36 PM
This season Johnson has clearly been better, thus far through their careers ill take AD. Look at it this way, AD will end up with nearly 20 rushing TDs and over 1400 yds rushing if he plays this week and he has had a down year.

OU-HSV
12/29/2009, 09:56 PM
...Look at it this way, AD will end up with nearly 20 rushing TDs and over 1400 yds rushing if he plays this week and he has had a down year.
True, for him it's been mentioned as a down year.

Expanding on that thought,

-if you look at his '07 and '08 years he had 12 and 10 rushing tds. So in the case of TD runs it's actually an up year (with 17 currently).

But in a couple other categories it is considered a down year for AD
-In rushing avg it's a down year

-In rushing total it's a down year (I'm sure he'll surpass his '08 rush yards though in their next game.)

-He does have more fumbles this year than '07...and he's close to having as many as last season.

But all in all, he is still a stud...he is still AD.

But as you and I and many others are in agreement, all things considered, Chris Johnson seems to have put together a better '09 season than AD. They are close in TDs (AD has that advantage), but not close in rush yds or rush average...or fumbles

rawlingsHOH
12/29/2009, 11:29 PM
True, for him it's been mentioned as a down year.

Expanding on that thought,

-if you look at his '07 and '08 years he had 12 and 10 rushing tds. So in the case of TD runs it's actually an up year (with 17 currently).

But in a couple other categories it is considered a down year for AD
-In rushing avg it's a down year

-In rushing total it's a down year (I'm sure he'll surpass his '08 rush yards though in their next game.)

-He does have more fumbles this year than '07...and he's close to having as many as last season.

But all in all, he is still a stud...he is still AD.

But as you and I and many others are in agreement, all things considered, Chris Johnson seems to have put together a better '09 season than AD. They are close in TDs (AD has that advantage), but not close in rush yds or rush average...or fumbles

The one thing that stands out to me, that you didn't hit on, is the receiving numbers. AD is a true dual-threat back this year and is closing in on 500 receiving yards! More than his first two seasons combined.

OU-HSV
12/29/2009, 11:39 PM
The one thing that stands out to me, that you didn't hit on, is the receiving numbers. AD is a true dual-threat back this year and is closing in on 500 receiving yards! More than his first two seasons combined.

Very true. He has become a threat in that aspect as well. He and Chris Johnson have very similar stats this year as receivers out of the backfield:

Chris Johnson 2009 stats: 47 rec 483 yds 2 tds.

AD 2009 stats: 42 rec 435 yds 0 tds