PDA

View Full Version : "Debunking the Spin: Bama vs. Texas"

soonerloyal
12/28/2009, 01:12 PM
Good article/post!

http://www.rollbamaroll.com/2009/12/16/1202919/debunking-the-spin-bama-vs-texas

Debunking the Spin.....Bama vs Texas

Now that the two teams who are playing for the national championship have been determined, the sportscasters are in full spin mode to make this game appear to be a great matchup. Here's my take on why Alabama will win big.

First, I'll list the spin that the press is cranking out. Next, I'll give my reasons why I believe its B.S. S=spin, T=truth

S) You can't judge the title game based upon the conference championship games.
T) Why not? Bama dominated the #1 team with the #1 defense in the nation. UF had a 22 game winning streak with "Superman" leading them. Not only did Bama win, they beat the crap out of a team that was once considered "invincible". Texas barely escaped against a Nebraska team with a good defense and no offense. Alabama has a better defense than Nebraska, and although UT statistically has the best run defense, they haven't seen anything even close to the Tide's rushing attack combined with a potent passing game. Texas' defensive front is very good, but their LBs and secondary are just a little bit "above average", but not spectacular. You can bet that they'll try to stop the run, and if they do, McElroy will burn them with JJ, Maze, and Peek. UT's D line is fast, but they're not big and physical, and when they start to wear down, #s 22,3, and 5 will start the track meet.

S) Colt McCoy is the best QB in the nation, and Bama's defense hasn't faced anyone like him.
T) Bama's defense has made every "big shot" QB they've faced have the worst day of their career. Ryan Mallet, Jevon Snead, and the mighty Tim Tebow were made "null and void" by the Tide defense, and McCoy is the next in line. The Longhorn offensive line isn't that good, and they have no running game. Suh became an instant heisman consideration all by himself when he tossed McCoy around like a rag doll. I'll admit that Cody isn't a "sack artist", but he is such a dominating force in the middle that he basically gives Bama an "extra man" mismatch for the Tide defense. Shipley will be covered like a blanket, McCoy will be hurried, and without a running game, UT will be one-dimensional and spending a lot of time on the sideline watching their defense get worn down.

S) With over a month to prepare, Texas will be ready for Alabama.
T) Nick Saban has over a month to prepare. 'Nuff said.

S) Muschamp and Applewhite coached under Saban, and they know what to expect.
T) Saban was their teacher, and they're going to get a lot more "schoolin' " in this game.

S) Ingram winning the Heisman and Alabama hearing about how good they are in the press will go to their heads.
T) This is what the press is trying to sell to hype up the game, and again it shows how little they know about this Alabama team. They want that national title more than anything, and Saban's toughest job will be keeping a bunch of wild dogs on a leash before the game. I'm sure Ingram and everyone else on the team has read about how he "didn't deserve the Heisman", and they're probably pretty pissed off about it, which will give them even more motivation.

S) Texas enjoys being the underdog, and they are using that as motivation to prove everyone wrong.
T) Texas is the underdog because they haven't played anyone who is even close to a team like Bama. Honestly, they're probably not even as good as TCU, and they're definitely not as good as Florida.

S) This will be a close defensive struggle.
T) No it won't. The only "defensive struggle" will be be the Texas defense struggling to suck wind from being on the field all night with their offense watching from the bench.

S) McCoy has won more games than any quarterback.
T) McElroy has never lost a game.....EVER.

That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it.

RMFT!!!!!!!!!

Yyyyyyyyep. ROLL TIDE. :D

OUDoc
12/28/2009, 01:28 PM
I hope it's true, but that guy sounds like us before most of our recent MNC games.

TheUnnamedSooner
12/28/2009, 01:33 PM
I hope it's true, but that guy sounds like us before most of our recent MNC games.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

goingoneight
12/28/2009, 01:34 PM
I hope it's true, but I know a homer when I read one.

Two years ago, Bammer was 6-6 and struggled mightily with Hawkins and Co.

Last year, they lost to a mid-major after bragging on how tough the SEC-SEC-SEC is.

Much like us versus UT, it's not all written on paper. Tejas tends to play down to their opponents' level (ala Nebbish), but seems to come up victorious when they have to (OU, Okie Light).

The game is still a pretty even matchup IMO.

Saban's got Bama where they need to be, in title contention. They shouldn't count their chickens just yet.

Tulsa_Fireman
12/28/2009, 01:37 PM
Yeah.

As much as I want to see Texass get pasted, this is some pretty strong homersauce. The first point the guy makes is so shaded crimson, it's a wonder he can manage to make a coherent sentence.

Lord willing, every word ends up as truth, though.

soonerloyal
12/28/2009, 01:39 PM
Yeah.

Lord willing, every word ends up as truth, though.

That's my hope. :O

Dan Thompson
12/28/2009, 02:46 PM
If bama's D is that good and they have seen OU and Nebraska films, they will man handle McCoy and Shipley.

mightysooner
12/28/2009, 03:20 PM
Bama will steamroll Texas. They will run through, around, and over the Texas defense and they will take Shipley completely out of the game.

OUDoc
12/28/2009, 03:21 PM
McCoy and Shipley are texas' team. Shut down one of them and ut is toast.

mightysooner
12/28/2009, 03:26 PM
I predict at some point during the game the camera will pan over to Mccoy and he'll have the perch in the headlights look on his face that says "what's happening to us?" followed by a shot of him in prayer.

boomermagic
12/28/2009, 03:48 PM
I think it will be a great game.. Either team could pull this one out.. Let's face it, Texas is pretty darned good and we really don't know how good Bama is all we know is they haven't lost and beat florida.. I think florida was ripe to be picked anyway.. I don't think Bama will play as well as OU did against texas defensively.. We'll see.. Having said all that I hope Bama wins but It's anyone's game..

BoulderSooner79
12/28/2009, 04:47 PM
I have to go win the "spin" that this will be a tight, defensive game. 'Bama is not an explosive team on offense and the horns D is good. That would be 'Bama's type of game, but anything can happen in a low scoring game an UT is good at things like kick returns.

yankee
12/28/2009, 05:08 PM
give nick satan a month to prepare-nuff said?

then explain what the hell that was last year against utah?

CaliBornSoonerBred
12/28/2009, 05:08 PM

I.E. see RRS in October. We took Shipley out of the game and were a missed fg from being tied and 2 or 3 pick 6's from winning. Bama will hold them to less than 20 points

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
12/28/2009, 05:27 PM
if i was to pick a game from recent history that this one reminded me of it would be 2000 OU vs FSU

spatton713
12/28/2009, 05:30 PM
That's exactly what I was thinking.

sure does lol

Leroy Lizard
12/28/2009, 05:32 PM
Can we call the original "article" for what it is? A fan rant.

If only games were decided on message boards.

UTsucks
12/28/2009, 09:18 PM
if i was to pick a game from recent history that this one reminded me of it would be 2000 OU vs FSU

Yes indeed. Scary EVERYONE I know is picking bama. Why play the game? As much as I want to see UT get spanked remember "that's why they PLAY the game" :pop:

Leroy Lizard
12/28/2009, 09:22 PM
Georgia's manhandling of A&M is only going to increase the Tide's confidence, which is probably a bad thing.

StoopTroup
12/28/2009, 11:04 PM
Yep...confidence has no place in Div IA Football....LMAO

olevetonahill
12/28/2009, 11:10 PM
Yep...confidence has no place in Div IA Football....LMAO

Some peoples kids :rolleyes: :D

Leroy Lizard
12/28/2009, 11:19 PM
Depends on what you mean by confidence. Are you talking about having faith in one's own ability, or strutting around thinking that no team can beat you?

StoopTroup
12/28/2009, 11:26 PM
Depends on what you mean by confidence. Are you talking about having faith in one's own ability, or strutting around thinking that no team can beat you?
I'm thinking your post lacks confidence.

Leroy Lizard
12/28/2009, 11:48 PM
Then I will have my post attend the confidence training of Stoops and Saban.

Crucifax Autumn
12/29/2009, 02:29 AM
I just hope to see Bama make a second big-name QB in a row cry like a baby.

Leroy Lizard
12/29/2009, 05:51 AM
that would be cool

TUSooner
12/29/2009, 08:59 AM
Can we call the original "article" for what it is? A fan rant.

If only games were decided on message boards.
They're not?! :eek: :confused:

It's rants like that that almost make me want +exas to win. Almost. :)

soonerloyal
12/29/2009, 09:06 AM
Sheesh, man, I don't blame the poor guy for being positive and believing in his team's chances. I'm excited for the Tide and the Bama fans. If Texas pi**ses in their Post Toasties (*crosses fingers for that NOT to happen*), then so be it. The fella who wrote it is proud of his team and believes what he writes. Good for him. I hope it comes to pass exactly as he writes it. With a whole stadium of sobbing, heartbroken, losing Longhorn fans as the burnt-orange cherry on top of Bama's sundae. Sweet.

And bite yer tongue, TU.

OUDoc
12/29/2009, 09:07 AM
Mack is sorta Bowden-esque.

Jacie
12/29/2009, 10:51 AM
The only weakness compared to the whorns the Tide bring to this game is overconfidence. It is up to Saban to control that. If not, the Bama boosters should consider asking him to give back some of his incentive bonus money.

And seriously, underdogs they may be, but have you ever heard of any whorn thinking they could actually lose a game? I know they have a history of playing to the competition but overconfidence is a trait of Mack's teams as much as anything.

soonerloyal
4/25/2010, 04:27 PM

Just found this thread again.

Huh... :eek:

MiccoMacey
4/25/2010, 05:42 PM
I actually love reading old threads like this.

Reminds me what people were thinking and saying back then.

White House Boy
10/15/2010, 10:20 AM
I predict at some point during the game the camera will pan over to Mccoy and he'll have the perch in the headlights look on his face that says "what's happening to us?" followed by a shot of him in prayer.

Ummm... yeah... mind if I ask you a quick question?

Do you happen to have the winning numbers for the Florida Lotto?
http://cdn.picapp.com/ftp/Images/0/0/6/7/BCS_National_Championship_6187.jpg?adImageId=12682 611&imageId=7483432
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/0114/ncf_g_mccoyc_576.jpg

Crucifax Autumn
10/15/2010, 10:40 AM
I just hope to see Bama make a second big-name QB in a row cry like a baby.

Wow...I nailed that one! :D

Tidefan36854
10/15/2010, 11:31 PM
Ahhh, I needed this after the asskicking that the Visor gave us last weekend. Good times... Wait - I better be careful though, I wouldn't want to be accused of living in the past. ;)

P.S. I'm NOT going to claim another National Championship just because this thread got bumped back up. I thought about it, but decided against since we lost to USCe so recently!:P ;)