PDA

View Full Version : New retarded TSA rules

Veritas
12/28/2009, 12:17 AM
during the final hour of flight customers must remain seated, will not be allowed to access carry-on baggage, or have personal belongings or other items on their laps.

http://www.aircanada.com/en/news/trav_adv/091226.html

Could we just engage in some ****ing profiling already?

Thank God I'm learning to fly my own damn airplane.

yermom
12/28/2009, 12:22 AM
now Arabs and black d00ds?

colleyvillesooner
12/28/2009, 12:22 AM
So stupid.

SicEmBaylor
12/28/2009, 12:23 AM
TSA is the very definition of retarded.

Soonerus
12/28/2009, 12:24 AM
I do not think these rules apply to domestic flights...

Frozen Sooner
12/28/2009, 12:26 AM
I think this new rule only applies to international flights, but I could be wrong there.

Regardless, it's a stupid ****ing rule. Because keeping a guy in his seat who's trying to detonate a bomb will really stop him, and like they wouldn't just detonate the damn thing earlier.

Frozen Sooner
12/28/2009, 12:26 AM
Sorry Rus, I was typing when you posted.

yermom
12/28/2009, 12:36 AM
i was thinking the same thing Froz. why does it really matter when they blow up the plane?

soonerboomer93
12/28/2009, 01:11 AM
dramatic effect

SCOUT
12/28/2009, 01:56 AM
i was thinking the same thing Froz. why does it really matter when they blow up the plane?

Collateral damage and psychological affect, is my guess. A plane blowing up and splashing in the Atlantic doesn't have the same impact as one crashing into a metropolitan area.

Or, I could have just said... "Yep" and quoted soonerboomer93 :D

soonerboomer93
12/28/2009, 12:41 PM
they did baggage searches at the gate when I would fly from S. Korea to the US.

lexsooner
12/28/2009, 12:50 PM
I have to question TSA's training and professionalism after hearing this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEJpzVPmih0&feature=related This is part one of the three part audio recording this guy made on his cell phone of his questioning by TSA and other St Louis airport law enforcement after TSA security found he was carrying $4,710 while going through security to catch a flight to D.C.

It is obvious neither the TSA agent nor any of the other cops had a clue what the scope of their law enforcement authority was in this situation. If someone had merely told them in training or before they came onto duty that the scope of their enforcement duties extended only to matters relevant to airport and airline security, this guy would not be exposing their stupidity over the airwaves. Besides, a few thousand in cash is not that much these days, and air travelers headed on an extended vacation often carry large sums in cash. These Keystone cops even threaten to take the guy to the DEA or FBI, like those agencies would care about this guy having a few thousand on him. Unless there is a clever way to insert explosive materials on cash bills, they have absolutely no right to detain and question this guy.

If you go to the last part on YouTube, part 3, they let the guy go after he admits it is campaign donation money for Ron Paul. But listen carefully - the TSA bozo still says he is not comfortable with the guy roaming the terminal because he acted so "suspiciously" and he wanted to speak to his supervisor first. I think the TSA guy needs to be the bin collector and stacker in the security line and nothing else which requires one bit of brain power. If he can't handle that, he can go on prolonged smoke break outside by the departure area.

BermudaSooner
12/28/2009, 03:55 PM
Apparently they won't let me see the map on my video screen anymore either.
Cause it is real difficult to tell when a 777 is on approach without the map--frigan ridiculous.

Tulsa_Fireman
12/28/2009, 04:10 PM
"With great power comes great responsibility."

- Spiderman's uncle, that old dude

StoopTroup
12/28/2009, 04:18 PM
"With great power comes great responsibility."

- Spiderman's uncle, that old dude

The bastages killed him....I'm still not over it either....thanks for reminding me. :D

1890MilesToNorman
12/28/2009, 04:19 PM
Airline security now rests on the shoulders of the passengers. TSA systems don't work but passengers concerned about their lives does.

Tulsa_Fireman
12/28/2009, 04:21 PM
The kicker is, Joe Citizen doesn't get to search your bag.

Jane Citizen can do whatever she wants with my bag, but Joe needs to keep his damn hands off. Homo-wner.

KABOOKIE
12/28/2009, 04:52 PM

Nope. Just muslims.

Chuck Bao
12/28/2009, 04:55 PM
That is totally a BS call and the intent is to add more restrictions each time just to cover their ***. As 93 mentioned above, there are already additional carry-on baggage and body searches at the boarding gates for US carriers leaving Asia and heading to the US. They always find and confiscate my drinking water which I thought was bought in an already secured area.

The lights come on about an hour and a half before landing for the breakfast service. I like having a couple of bourbon cokes with my omelet. Maybe they'll start the service a bit earlier and I will have a chance to take a **** after they clear the carts from the aisles and before the one hour sit-down and shut-up new rule.

Flying without the benefit of alcohol, especially just before landing would totally suck. Obviously, security is far, far more important. I'm just not sure how this new rule helps besides making me even more cranky after a 12-hour flight.

yermom
12/28/2009, 05:13 PM
Nope. Just muslims.

i don't remember having to check the atheist box last time i flew

StoopTroup
12/28/2009, 06:01 PM
What we need to do is pass a law to help these poor guys who are crying out for help aboard our airways.

Chuck Bao
12/28/2009, 06:41 PM
What we need to do is pass a law to help these poor guys who are crying out for help aboard our airways.

Hell yeah and service to the customer and all that. Once you get used to Asian carriers and as much booze as you want, getting on a US plane is so anti-climatic. They don't want credit cards unless you are buying their inflight merchandise. They want correct change on the booze. It is almost like a strip club. If you are flying in the US, get a lot of the $5 and $1 notes as possible and you make them happy and they make you happy.

King Barry's Back
12/29/2009, 08:13 AM
Hell yeah and service to the customer and all that. Once you get used to Asian carriers and as much booze as you want, getting on a US plane is so anti-climatic. They don't want credit cards unless you are buying their inflight merchandise. They want correct change on the booze. It is almost like a strip club. If you are flying in the US, get a lot of the $5 and $1 notes as possible and you make them happy and they make you happy.

You got it Chuck. I've been flying mostly United (a once great airline which now sucks like a bucket of ticks, by the way) between the US and Europe lately.

Now, my wife is from Italy. I've moved past the "drink a Coke with dinner" phase of my life, into the "enjoy a nice glass of fine wine with my dinner" phase. I like the new phase far better.

Anywho, in coach, United charges $4 for a tiny bottle of undrinkable, vinegar-like wine.

I've found a great NEW OPTION, though! Washington Dulles terminal has a fine wine salon in their on-field terminal -- inside of security!

So I go there, and buy a half-bottle of a very nice, red, Australian selection -- that goes for almost exactly the same price as a comparable almount of the vinegar stuff once aborad the plane. (Both wines are overpriced, BUT, one is delicious and one is vinegar-like, so you see which is the better value.)

This has worked well the last few flights, UNTIL -- the stewardess caught me throwing away my empty bottle. At this point, there was literally nothing that could be done to me, as the bottle was already empty, but she let me know in no uncertain terms that, on US-flagged carriers, you COULD NOT DRINK ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES UNLESS YOU BOUGHT THEM FROM THE FLIGHT CREW.

Nice to see Homeland Security protecting us from foreign threats!

I'm now flying Lufthansa. A much better experience, thanks very much.

1890MilesToNorman
12/29/2009, 09:54 AM

They have already been through counseling, the poor boys jes graduated from the training camps ya know. :eek:

soonerboomer93
12/29/2009, 01:22 PM
hmmm, last time I flew coach internationally on United, there wasn't a charge for the booze

Bourbon St Sooner
12/29/2009, 02:12 PM

How about guys that are on a terrorist watch list that buy a one way ticket and aren't checking any bags?

Bourbon St Sooner
12/29/2009, 02:15 PM

Hang on. Did you say on Asian airlines you give them $5 and they make you happy? Damn, US airlines are anti-climactic.

Scott D
12/29/2009, 04:09 PM
Classic overreaction imo.

Chuck Bao
12/29/2009, 05:13 PM
Hang on. Did you say on Asian airlines you give them $5 and they make you happy? Damn, US airlines are anti-climactic.

Heh! I'm not sure I said that. But, heh!

You know I don't mind paying for the booze. After the 6-7-8-20 request for a bourbon coke, I get a bit sheepish.