PDA

View Full Version : Flo Rida to Make Terrible Music!!

Frozen Sooner
12/27/2009, 10:35 PM
Which isn't really a departure, or even news.

You spin me right 'round...

btk108
12/27/2009, 11:23 PM
that song was perfect for the end of "The Hangover"

Leroy Lizard
12/27/2009, 11:53 PM
What does this have to do with Dead or Alive?

Sooner98
12/28/2009, 12:08 AM
Pete Burns to Florida...

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/cHm-k5rRcww/0.jpg

Jello Biafra
12/28/2009, 10:16 AM
What does this have to do with Dead or Alive?

suprised you know ANYTHING about dead or alive. you strike me as the lawrence welk type.

StoopTroup
12/28/2009, 10:44 AM
They are on Regis and Kelly right now.

They suck....lol

"If I say jump! You say how high!"

''Like a bird! Like a plane!''

LMAO....they must be high....

KantoSooner
12/29/2009, 03:26 PM
suprised you know ANYTHING about dead or alive. you strike me as the lawrence welk type.

Now Jello, Lawrence has his place: Imagine him and his band kicking into a version of 'Kill the Poor' with those champagne bubbles floating around. Imagine what accordions could have done for punk.......ah, the waste, the waste......

Leroy Lizard
12/29/2009, 03:38 PM

Try death metal, darkwave, bluegrass, raw punk, electronic, and (especially) trance.

Jello Biafra
12/29/2009, 03:44 PM
raw punk,

lol is this like a 13 year old greazer like child standing in the park holding kids at switchblade comb point demanding milk money or?

Leroy Lizard
12/29/2009, 04:04 PM
I'll answer once I am able to parse your comment. This may take awhile.

Jello Biafra
12/29/2009, 04:26 PM
I'll answer once I am able to parse your comment. This may take awhile.

no it won't. you guys simply can't get over how smart you THINK you are can ya? anyway, punk is indeed dead. it only exsists in the minds of those that experienced it. it wasnt simply a sound. it was a lifestyle and you can't just bang on a bunch of shiite, scream into a mic and use a computer to make it look like you have an army of art fags working on it so you can coin the phrase "raw punk" like the original punk WASN'T raw or sumthin.

raw punk is simply a cross between heavy metal and goth/emo...you can't go back no matter how hard to try. stick with "fireflys" its more your speed.

Leroy Lizard
12/29/2009, 04:36 PM
Raw punk is a cross between heavy metal and goth/emo? Heh, okay. Whatever you say.

no it won't. punk is indeed dead. it only exsists in the minds of those that experienced it.

Dude, I just listen to the stuff. I don't try to embody it.

Jello Biafra
12/29/2009, 04:43 PM
Dude, I just listen to the stuff. I don't try to embody it.

Rock on...i dig

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00469/waynes_world_384_469901a.jpg

soonerborn30
12/29/2009, 11:42 PM
What in the blue hell is "darkwave"? Why couldn't you just say The Cure or Bauhaus?

SteelClip49
12/30/2009, 02:44 AM
Ladies would love to get stuck on Flo Rida's Elevator.

Oh and "In The Ayer" is also dope and wickedly good!

Leroy Lizard
12/30/2009, 07:11 AM
What in the blue hell is "darkwave"? Why couldn't you just say The Cure or Bauhaus?

Because I hate The Cure and Bauhaus hasn't done anything for me in over 20 years.

Crucifax Autumn
12/30/2009, 07:21 AM
I'm not a fan, but it IS true that there are more currently relevant darkwave bands out there, not to mention a long history of bands that fit the definition better than those two. As for death metal, if it's not complex, technical playing, the genre can pretty much die IMO. The complex ones though...That's the good stuff. I'm with Jello on the punk though...modern "punk" is pure crap, made commercial for the ignorant and detached MTV teens and jerkoffs that are too "hip and mainstream" for the rather mainstream and boring teen emo scene that is even shattier than modern punk.

KantoSooner
12/30/2009, 10:04 AM
The Stranglers brought on the nubiles at a time when I could still do nubiles....now I'm stuck with oldbiles. Or soon to be oldbiles. For I, too, have aged.
Not dead yet, though; a few ganglia left.

King Crimson
12/30/2009, 10:14 AM
people think Green Day is punk. sorority girl punk, maybe. i heard the Cure in Bed, Bath, and Beyond in Norman just two days ago. talk about the end. B, B, and B....LOL.

Crass or the Mekons, that's punk. and not the Ramones. the Stooges were already over as a band when the Ramones happened. the Ramones did not invent punk, which is often the erroneous opinion of many East Coast music writers. the Ramones are 5 years after the fact. the Who invented punk more than Joey and DeeDee.

Jacie
12/30/2009, 10:31 AM
Give me the 80's! The Dweety Column, The Residents, Cristina, Mal and Val, even some Kate Bush! And of course, Bauhaus.

KantoSooner
12/30/2009, 10:49 AM
Give me the 70's. By the 80's it was basically over. commercialized. Not that there wasn't good music, but the who-knows-what that made it special had kind of gone flat.

Leroy Lizard
12/30/2009, 05:51 PM
I was into The Residents for awhile, but I haven't listened to them for a long time. Have you seen the video of them backing Conway Twitty?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK5qKhPBnlA

As for raw punk, I am talking mostly about bands like Agent Orange and (more lately) Slapshot.