PDA

View Full Version : Hartley CHOKES! Saints doomed!

TUSooner
12/27/2009, 05:36 PM
Missed a 37-yard game-winner for the Saints. And that on the week where they cut their other kicker, John Carney, and handed Hartley the job. Way to BLOOOOOW it Garrett! Can't see you staying around here much longer, so I hope you do better with your next team. (I hope you didn't throw any of Carney's stuff out, he might want it when he comes back.)

Of course, the Saints richly deserved to lose anyway. They led a 2-12 team 17-0 and then attempted to coast home. Gutty job by Josh Freeman and the Bucs, who ran at will on the Saints.

Actually, the Saints have been coasting since they beat the Patriots. SO...I'm now on record: The Saints have won the last game they are going to win this season. To be precise, the Saints will lose to Carolina next week, and they will lose their first playoff game.
You saw it here first!

yermom
12/27/2009, 05:39 PM
his first miss under 50 yards i think they said

TUSooner
12/27/2009, 05:42 PM
his first miss under 50 yards i think they said

True, but he picked the worst possible time.
Like I suggested, the Saint's blew this one anyway, and it never should have come down to Hartley. Still.... They give you the job and you do THAT?!
Bad times.

mightysooner
12/27/2009, 05:42 PM
Did you really think the Saints were going to go undefeated? Nobody goes undefeated in the league.

yermom
12/27/2009, 05:45 PM
that was to clench home-field, they already lost to the Cowboys

85sooners
12/27/2009, 05:46 PM
screw the saints!!

TUSooner
12/27/2009, 05:50 PM
Did you really think the Saints were going to go undefeated? Nobody goes undefeated in the league.
[EDIT: Your post is a week late, but sure I "hoped" they would.]

But they started emitting a goofy vibe after they escaped from Washington. It's like they quit trying to win, and now they're just "waiting" to win. That's a bad vibe, and I don't think they'll get over it in time to beat a playoff team.
Sorry Saints fans, it's the Hindenburg syndrome all over again.

Yearly, balloon bursts:
try Hindenburg as logo?
The New Orleans Saints.

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/160/030902hindenburg.jpg

rawlingsHOH
12/27/2009, 06:31 PM
Dont post drunk next time

TUSooner
12/27/2009, 06:36 PM
Dont post drunk next time

Drunk? No. Just hysterically disgusted. :D

OUinFLA
12/27/2009, 07:10 PM
I was still convenced that Tampa would Buc it up in OT.

However, yea! we win our 3rd game......2 in a row!
(one must take pleasure in little things as a Tampa fan)

SPuL
12/27/2009, 08:45 PM
Jimmy Stevens? Is that you?

goingoneight
12/28/2009, 08:21 AM
So a guy's first miss under 50 and he's a choke now?

I dislike the Saints, but even I'm not that retarded. Where was the rest of the "greatest team ever" the previous four hours?

TUSooner
12/28/2009, 09:29 AM
So a guy's first miss under 50 and he's a choke now?

I dislike the Saints, but even I'm not that retarded. Where was the rest of the "greatest team ever" the previous four hours?

if you'd read my post you'd know i said

Of course, the Saints richly deserved to lose anyway. They led a 2-12 team 17-0 and then attempted to coast home. Gutty job by Josh Freeman and the Bucs, who ran at will on the Saints.

Actually, the Saints have been coasting since they beat the Patriots. SO...I'm now on record: The Saints have won the last game they are going to win this season. To be precise, the Saints will lose to Carolina next week, and they will lose their first playoff game.
You saw it here first!:rolleyes:

tbl
12/28/2009, 11:28 AM
I hope the Aints cut him, then the Cowboys could pick him up.

goingoneight
12/28/2009, 11:31 AM
Life of a kicker... gotta love it if you score a big contract... but one miss and the town will chase you out with torches.

Mississippi Sooner
12/28/2009, 02:36 PM
The best part of this episode was how they showed Tom Benson throwing up his arms to signal the kick was good, and then the people around him had to calm him down and tell him the kick was no good.

LSUdeek
12/28/2009, 06:04 PM
Are either of Vandersuck or Grammartica still available? I still think we make it to the Super Bowl especially with Greer, Shockey, and Ellis all set to be fully healthy after the bye week.

Bourbon St Sooner
12/28/2009, 06:13 PM
So TU, still ready to throw the season away one day after this disaster?

Frankly, I think the team really needed to lose and I hope Minn wins tonight so they have to come out a play a playoff like game next week. This team hasn't played worth a **** since the Patriots game and needs to get back to the focus of a desperate team.

Oh, and I think all this crap about moving around Mardi Gras parades and activities because it's on Super Bowl weekend, put bad gris gris on them also. Damn *******s. Don't mess with the jinx!

TUSooner
12/29/2009, 09:28 AM
So TU, still ready to throw the season away one day after this disaster?

Frankly, I think the team really needed to lose and I hope Minn wins tonight so they have to come out a play a playoff like game next week. This team hasn't played worth a **** since the Patriots game and needs to get back to the focus of a desperate team.

Oh, and I think all this crap about moving around Mardi Gras parades and activities because it's on Super Bowl weekend, put bad gris gris on them also. Damn *******s. Don't mess with the jinx!

They started coasting after beating the Pats.
Now the Saints need to show they can play well for 60 minutes vs Carolina, but they don't "need" to win to gain any playoff advantage. A bit of a problem. But unless they get ready to play some defense, their home field "advantage" will last exactly 1 game. Here's how a colleague put it:

The Saints "had the tough, blue collar mentality earlier and it got replaced by thinking they are the chosen ones--not helped any by crazed, delusional fans. They just need to get back to thinking that you gotta work for what you get, not just that you won't lose because it's the way it should be for some mystical reason."

Bourbon St Sooner
12/29/2009, 11:01 AM
I agree about the chosen ones thinking. I think that crazy Washington game cemented that in their heads which is why they needed to lose that game Sunday to show that they don't win because they are the annointed ones.

Anyways, we don't need the game against Carolina but we need to show that we can play 60 mins of football no matter who's playing. I say we play the starters the first half and they better play a full 30 mins. Hopefully we're up 21 at half and have some momentum building into the playoffs.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/29/2009, 01:29 PM
screw the saints!!With Reggie Bush AND Robt. Meacham on the team, heck yes, screw 'em!