PDA

View Full Version : The Plot Thickens

Scott D
12/27/2009, 01:48 PM
For the love of God this would be great

Louisville AD Jurich understands if Strong is interested in Florida job

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS (CP) – 1 hour ago

LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Louisville's athletic director says he's optimistic new football coach Charlie Strong will remain with the Cardinals

Tom Jurich said Sunday he understands if the longtime Florida defensive co-ordinator is interested in becoming the Gators' coach after Urban Meyer's surprise resignation. Jurich says he's spoken to Strong several times since Meyer announced Saturday night that he would be stepping down after the Sugar Bowl. Jurich calls his conversations with Strong "positive."

Strong signed a memorandum of understanding when the Cardinals hired him to replace Steve Kragthorpe on Dec. 9. Jurich says the two sides have been working on a formal contract.

Strong will coach the Gators defence in the Sugar Bowl and is expected to return to Louisville on Jan. 2.

85sooners
12/27/2009, 01:59 PM
:gary:

instigator
12/27/2009, 03:41 PM
If I were Louisville, I would be extremely pissed if I heard he was considering it.

bringit
12/27/2009, 03:48 PM
If I were Charlie Strong, I would take the UF job if offered. Timing sucks sometimes.

rawlingsHOH
12/27/2009, 04:08 PM
If I were Louisville, I would be extremely pissed if I heard he was considering it.

I'd be pissed it happened, but not pissed at him. How could you be? Can't blame him going from a "C" level job to one of the best 2 in the nation (the other being Texas).

budbarrybob
12/27/2009, 04:23 PM
If I were Charlie Strong, I would take the UF job if offered. Timing sucks sometimes.

Did he put on the Uni? Reminds me of the Wichita State BB coach who woudn't put on the OU jersey and later renegged. Sooo, maybe there is a Uni clause (seasonally relevant :D ) and he goes to Florida. :gary:

instigator
12/27/2009, 04:33 PM
I'd be pissed it happened, but not pissed at him. How could you be? Can't blame him going from a "C" level job to one of the best 2 in the nation (the other being Texas).

I don't care. From the outside it's easy to say that.

If you're the program that is giving him his first HC job and he bails before even coaching a game, you're gonna be pissed.

Scott D
12/27/2009, 04:37 PM
I don't care. From the outside it's easy to say that.

If you're the program that is giving him his first HC job and he bails before even coaching a game, you're gonna be pissed.

It was good enough for Billy Donavan....much to Ron Jerem....er Stan Van Gundy's delight.

StoopTroup
12/27/2009, 04:55 PM
The impact that Bourbon's announcement/retraction has made is hilarious.

These guys that gave sound bites about their interest have got to be pretty pissed.