PDA

View Full Version : Stoops to Florida.

Frozen Sooner
12/26/2009, 07:12 PM
There. Post it all in here. Please don't start 15 million threads about it every time you hear some guy down at the QT saying he heard Bob Stoops took a chartered jet to Gainesville.

VA Sooner
12/26/2009, 07:13 PM
I thought he was taking over Bama and Saban was moving to Florida?

Scott D
I heard from a guy who ate lunch in the same cafeteria as Jeremy Foley that Bob Stoops was in Tuscaloosa to talk to Nick Saban about how long he should wait to take the Florida Job.

VA Sooner
Damn that Foley.

Frozen Sooner
12/26/2009, 07:15 PM
I heard from a guy who ate lunch in the same cafeteria as Jeremy Foley that Bob Stoops was in Tuscaloosa to talk to Nick Saban about how long he should wait to take the Florida Job.

Save Ferris?

Petro-Sooner
12/26/2009, 07:15 PM
Thank you Frozen!!!

sooner59
12/26/2009, 07:16 PM
FOOOOOOOLLLLLLEEEEEEYYYYYYYY!!!!!

Blues1
12/26/2009, 07:16 PM
Please No --- Not This.....!!!

Scott D
12/26/2009, 07:17 PM
froze, get to merging the other threads now :)

Frozen Sooner
12/26/2009, 07:21 PM
Don't teach yer gramma to suck eggs. :D

Scott D
12/26/2009, 07:23 PM
boy don't make me start up a whole bunch of new rumors...the board is still coping with the olevet juice rumors right now. :D

fadada1
12/26/2009, 07:25 PM
stoops was just spotted at the gainesville bed, bath, and beyond picking out new orange and blue towels for his big house outside of town.

Scott D
12/26/2009, 07:27 PM
imo Will Muschamp is taking the Florida job in 3 days.

SoonerDood
12/26/2009, 07:39 PM
7:37 PM EST, ESPN SEC blogger on ESPNNews says Stoops is leading candidate.

Sabanball
12/26/2009, 07:42 PM
Keep your eye on Dan Mullen at Miss St.

VA Sooner
12/26/2009, 07:43 PM
Coach-in-Waiting Muschamp?

Could be that Mack gets his wish to coach longer...

I wonder how many programs in the NCAA are getting a little nervous right now.

Time to fly to Florida and scoop up some early Gator commits.

TXBOOMER
12/26/2009, 07:56 PM
Mark May just siad UF should go after Bob Stoops and if they can't get him go after his brother Mike. Lou Holtz said the Miss. State or Utah Coach. Stoops ain't going to Florida. He is a Sooner period end of story.

IronHorseSooner
12/26/2009, 07:59 PM
You have started to see some guys who were heavy FLA leans, like Stills and Luc whose now at FSU, back away from FLA. Again, I seriously doubt Bob goes to FLA. It would be a lateral move; therefore, I would look at a big time coordinator (Muschamp), or a big time midmajor coach (Patterson or Peterson). Heck, I wouldn't even rule out The Ol' Ball Coach for a second run at things.

instigator
12/26/2009, 08:00 PM
Mark May just siad UF should go after Bob Stoops and if they can't get him go after his brother Mike. Lou Holtz said the Miss. State or Utah Coach. Stoops ain't going to Florida. He is a Sooner period end of story.

Maybe we can give him a $2m bonus to make sure?? God I hope it doesn't come to that.

SoonerStormchaser
12/26/2009, 08:05 PM
http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?w=192s6&storyId=4772952&i=TOP&topslot=1

ESPiN is already tuning up the rumor mongering...

Frozen Sooner
12/26/2009, 08:07 PM
Oooh. I like the thought of Mike Shanahan. I mean, not so much because I think he's a hell of a coach and I think he'll give the Tide problems, but that's a good thought for Florida.

ouwasp
12/26/2009, 08:10 PM
hmm.....wonder how long it will take for Bob to issue an "at this time I'm very happy" statement?

Wishboned
12/26/2009, 08:12 PM
hmm.....wonder how long it will take for Bob to issue an "at this time I'm very happy" statement?

I wonder how bad he wants to turn his cell phone off right about now.

soonerfromgeorgia
12/26/2009, 08:13 PM
If I was the UF AD, I'd be on a plane to Utah again ! It worked last time and Utah beat Bama last year and just whipped Cal in a bowl game this season.
Seems like he'd be the perfect fit to keep things going in Gainesville.

delhalew
12/26/2009, 08:39 PM
LMAO, this is what happens when I take a couple hours off to watch Star Wars with my daughter?

A Sooner in Texas
12/26/2009, 08:59 PM
Sweat drops are beginning to form over at hornfans.com for the possibility of Muschamp leaving for Fla. But of course those who are absolutely positive he won't leave are firing up the Bob leaving rumors.
Idiotic *******s.

BoulderSooner79
12/26/2009, 09:42 PM
Why would horn fans worry about losing some nebbish assistant when they have Mack hog-tied with $5m/yr golden ropes? :D

Scott D
12/26/2009, 10:16 PM
Oooh. I like the thought of Mike Shanahan. I mean, not so much because I think he's a hell of a coach and I think he'll give the Tide problems, but that's a good thought for Florida.

I like that thought too, because Mike Shanahan the recruiter is going to be as terrible as Mike Shanahan the GM.

Frozen Sooner
12/26/2009, 10:27 PM
Hush, you. I'm trying to get a groundswell of public opinion started.

SanJoaquinSooner
12/26/2009, 10:47 PM
Thank you for this thread. No doubt Pres. Boren will read these posts and figure he better give Stoops a pay raise and contract extension to keep him in Norman. Stoops has to love the rumors.

TXBOOMER
12/26/2009, 11:07 PM
Maybe we can give him a $2m bonus to make sure?? God I hope it doesn't come to that.

I hear what you are saying. But thanks to Bob after his salary is paid their is a bunch of money left in the kitty brought in by the football program to over pay the coaches in the negative revenue sports.

Scott D
12/26/2009, 11:15 PM
Hush, you. I'm trying to get a groundswell of public opinion started.

Dude, I'm trying to get the Ron Zook to Florida rumors going, you aren't helping.

Scott D
12/26/2009, 11:19 PM
Ok this one is serious business.

I heard from the guy that maintains the toilets in a public venue downtown that he heard from his cousin who empties trash cans in Gainesville that it's a lock that Gus Malzhan will not be named the next head coach at Florida.

instigator
12/26/2009, 11:20 PM
I hear what you are saying. But thanks to Bob after his salary is paid their is a bunch of money left in the kitty brought in by the football program to over pay the coaches in the negative revenue sports.

Sure there's plenty of money and he's the biggest reason for it. I just want #8 before he gets another big raise. :)

tommieharris91
12/26/2009, 11:22 PM
Stoops is passed out in the Gainesville 31 Flavors right now.

sooner59
12/26/2009, 11:25 PM
Check out the ESPN SportsNation fan poll on the ESPN homepage at the bottom.

Will Bob Stoops be the next head coach of the Florida Gators?

31% Yes
69% No

DOOOOMED!!!

btk108
12/26/2009, 11:27 PM
Muschamp, Muschamp, Muschamp......before the big game and he bails....then Mack gets exposed for the DUMBASS he is....

delhalew
12/26/2009, 11:30 PM
Muschamp, Muschamp, Muschamp......before the big game and he bails....then Mack gets exposed for the DUMBASS he is....

You just made. me. so. Happy. sniffles...wipes away a single tear.

Scott D
12/26/2009, 11:33 PM
You know, in all honesty...if I'm Chris Peterson I'm calling Jeremy Foley before Foley can call anyone else.

Sabanball
12/26/2009, 11:33 PM
I only wish they would go after Muschamp...but I just don't see it happening. When Jeremy Foley was faced with this in basketball, he immediately went after a protege, Anthony Grant, before Billy Donovan eventually decided to come back. I think the same thing will happen here.

Look for him to make the obligatory call to Bob, but after he says 'no', the next phone call will be to Kyle Wittingham at Utah.

ndpruitt03
12/26/2009, 11:37 PM
He basically said "I'm not gonna bring it up" right after he talked about Stoops' connections to Florida. Okay then why did you even say bring it up!

Indy Sooner
12/26/2009, 11:50 PM
It would be a lateral move

Four years ago I would have agreed, but not today. Hopefully Bob can right the ship, add another MNC or two to his resume (as OU coach), and get OU back into the very upper echelon of the sport.

bringit
12/26/2009, 11:53 PM
B. Stoops to Florida
M. Stoops to OU

:D

Curly Bill
12/26/2009, 11:58 PM
B. Stoops to Florida
M. Stoops to OU

Wouldn't hurt my feelings any. ;)

tommieharris91
12/27/2009, 12:02 AM
Wouldn't hurt my feelings any. ;)

We'd probably still have Venables.

sendbaht
12/27/2009, 12:02 AM
Bobby Bowden said he would like to coach another 10 years and says he would like the job. Nice thing is he can still live in the same house just has a longer drive to work.

JLEW1818
12/27/2009, 12:06 AM
Mack Brown to Florida

Curly Bill
12/27/2009, 12:07 AM
We'd probably still have Venables.

Sh*t, sh*t, sh*t...:mad:

unbiasedtruth
12/27/2009, 12:08 AM
i swear, Tim Griffin of ESPN is one of the least factual bloggers I read in college football. below is his quote from his qucik blog tonight concerning how difficutl it will be for Stoops to turn down Florida if they come calling....

"But Florida clearly would be a special opportunity. He is familiar with recruiting throughout the sunshine state and it would give Stoops a chance to claim a program that is only a season removed from back-to-back national championships."

did I sleep through Florida winning back NC's???

VA Sooner
12/27/2009, 12:12 AM
Arse... don't bring it up, Kirk.

Don't bring it up.

Don't... just don't...

VA Sooner
12/27/2009, 12:17 AM
Still not elite enough for Stoops to consider this a good move. He's got a great job in Norman and he is King (or at least the present King, no offense Barry).

Best to go there to interview and come back with new recruits who see the change happening.

sooneredaco
12/27/2009, 12:30 AM
I hear Charlie Weis is looking for a job.... Just think of what je could do with all that talent at Florida. If not Charlie, how about Lou Holtz? He has an NC under his belt? That is if Bob hadn't signed a contract by now

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/27/2009, 12:32 AM
Sure there's plenty of money and he's the biggest reason for it. I just want #8 before he gets another big raise. :)maybe we can outspend the whorns on their budget for referee goodwill.

12/27/2009, 12:35 AM
Mack Brown to FloridaHushyumouf! The whorns might wind up with a top-quality coach.

Big D Sooner
12/27/2009, 12:37 AM
It blows my mind how the people at ESPN think that OU is some sort of stepping stone to a better job. It is O freaking U, we are the better job damnit.

Big D Sooner
12/27/2009, 12:38 AM
Florida would be a lateral move. Nothing more.

Curly Bill
12/27/2009, 12:41 AM
At this point in time Florida is the better job. Historically not so much, but right now...yep.

12/27/2009, 12:53 AM
B. Stoops to Florida
M. Stoops to OU

:Dwouldn't upset me, any.

12/27/2009, 12:59 AM
At this point in time Florida is the better job. Historically not so much, but right now...yep.Their natural(in-state) recruiting base is always going to keep some of the programs near the top of desirability. FU, FSU, the U, TX, suc, tOSU, PSU,all with big local football-crazed populations.

okiedokie
12/27/2009, 01:08 AM
Did anyone throw in Lou Holtz name yet? He may last long enough for Tebow to take over... :)

SbOrOiNaEnR
12/27/2009, 01:08 AM
"But Florida clearly would be a special opportunity. He is familiar with recruiting throughout the sunshine state and it would give Stoops a chance to claim a program that is only a season removed from back-to-back national championships."

did I sleep through Florida winning back NC's???

Keep this crap on the basketball boards!!! ;)

JLEW1818
12/27/2009, 01:24 AM
Imagine Stoops going to Florida.. and having Bobby Jack with ties to texas

yikes

SoonerShark
12/27/2009, 02:11 AM
I don't think that many places want him. Mississippi State's coach will take it and Stoops is heading to MSU.

Mississippi Sooner
12/27/2009, 02:58 AM
I live about an hour from Starkville, and I can tell you it will just crush folks around here if Dan Mullen takes the Florida job.

It would really be sweet if he takes it. :D

I know it isn't really right to laugh at such a sorry program as Mississippi State, but I do it anyway.

Frozen Sooner
12/27/2009, 03:27 AM
MSU does have a nice JumboTron, though.

tommieharris91
12/27/2009, 03:34 AM
I live about an hour from Starkville, and I can tell you it will just crush folks around here if Dan Mullen takes the Florida job.

It would really be sweet if he takes it. :D

I know it isn't really right to laugh at such a sorry program as Mississippi State, but I do it anyway.

Laughing at Oklahoma State is much more fun.

IronHorseSooner
12/27/2009, 10:24 AM
Because he knows that Coach will fillet him, just like Schechter and the guy over the summer who said we lost 6 of 7 to *. He knows better. Mark May, not so much.

IronHorseSooner
12/27/2009, 10:45 AM
In the end, I think it will be Mullen. I know it would be Petrino-like to just up and leave a team after 1 year, but this is such an obvious choice. I still view Bob to FLA as a lateral move. If he were to go to FLA, I believe that OUr job would be Mike's to refuse.

oudivesherpa
12/27/2009, 11:10 AM
I heard that Stoops is NOT taking a charter jet to Gainesville, it's a hot air balloon.:D

Soonermagik
12/27/2009, 11:23 AM
I could really see Stoops leaving. Florida has offered before, but they weren't built up like they are now. He has said many times that he loves the state and he's lived and coached there before. I think if they offered enough coin it may peak his interest to leave for something new.

However, he has the #1 recruiting class according to scout. Although he's struggled in bowl wins he has built a legacy here. Living here for a decade has surely rooted his family here. He has outside businesses that he's heavily involved with.

In the end, if Florida really came after him and offered serious money I think he would probably leave. However, Florida may be a little cautious due to his bowl losses and down year. It will be interesting to see how this thing shakes out.

fadada1
12/27/2009, 11:30 AM
he didn't take the UF job 5 years ago. why would he now?

AND, and this is a BIG "AND", how do you think stoops would feel knowing meyer is taking a "non-coaching" position at UF? coach stoops may be a lot of things, but would NEVAR consider getting "direction" from a coach that is his equal. "hey coach stoops, that's not what i would've done when i was coach..." NO WAY!!!

the_ouskull
12/27/2009, 11:37 AM
Meyer is Stoops' equal?

By what measure, exactly?

the_ouskull

Blues1
12/27/2009, 11:45 AM
I Can't see Bob leaving...
#1.The Money wouldn't be that much more
#2.Why move the whole family at this stage in their Lives
#3.Too many business contacts already in Oklahoma
#4.My guess is a little "Less Pressure" at OU than Florida (SEC)
#5.More Bonus Money here by staying at OU on his Contract...
#6 ~~~~ Your Turn ~~~~ :)

ndpruitt03
12/27/2009, 11:46 AM
Stoops won't take Florida. And everyone knows I would love it to happen.

JLEW1818
12/27/2009, 11:55 AM
Weis to Florida

IronHorseSooner
12/27/2009, 12:00 PM
I can tell you this, since the news, most FLA fans WANT Coach Stoops, but they don't figure that they can get him. Why, you ask? Because they view it as a lateral move! Like I stated before, I believe it will be Mullen. It makes sense. He installed that offense, and he helped recruit some of the youngsters who are there. It would be a smoother transition than if Coach Stoops came and retooled the entire thing.

fadada1
12/27/2009, 12:19 PM
Meyer is Stoops' equal?

By what measure, exactly?

the_ouskull

with the exception of conference championships (in stoops' favor) and MNCs (in meyer's favor), both leading 2 of the top 5 football programs, both powers in power conferences, both young with potential legendary status, heisman winners, all-americans, etc...

just sayin'

Rogue
12/27/2009, 12:35 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138523

Now that I'm accomplished the snarky drive-by...I don't think it's very likely at all. Which is what worries me this time.

He'd be crazy to go to UF where the expectations are to have a Tebow every year...even Urban Meyer knows he can't live up to that ever again.

starrca23
12/27/2009, 12:38 PM
Urban staying on at UF will make it tough to bring in a big name.

SCxxSOONER
12/27/2009, 12:46 PM
he didn't take the UF job 5 years ago. why would he now?

AND, and this is a BIG "AND", how do you think stoops would feel knowing meyer is taking a "non-coaching" position at UF? coach stoops may be a lot of things, but would NEVAR consider getting "direction" from a coach that is his equal. "hey coach stoops, that's not what i would've done when i was coach..." NO WAY!!!

It is a much more attractive job now, they have one of the most talented rosters in the country, national recognition with high school recruits not only in florida but nationwide, and fans all across the country. Not saying its a better job than OU or anything like that just saying its a much more attractive job than it was 5 yrs ago.

Zbird
12/27/2009, 12:55 PM
1. Holtz - Network tells him he's wonderful, brilliant, and they want to keep him., but know he'd be happier to return to coaching and that Notre Dame has moved to Gainesville and want him to return.

2. Bowden - Chance for revenge against FSU admin.

3. Franchione or Saban - always go where the deal is sweeter - contracts be damned.

4 Petey & coed sweety - his 18 y/o honey changing schools - program @ U-SUC
facing probation as continued recruiting violations surface.

Zbird
12/27/2009, 01:10 PM
Can't believe no one has suggested it yet. Obvious choice. Florida accepts offer by Baptist Church to purchase the University. Timothy Tebow named president, spiritual leader, and head coach! Recruits worldwide rush to be considered just for a chance to walk on. Scholarships become unnecessary.

fadada1
12/27/2009, 01:13 PM
It is a much more attractive job now, they have one of the most talented rosters in the country, national recognition with high school recruits not only in florida but nationwide, and fans all across the country. Not saying its a better job than OU or anything like that just saying its a much more attractive job than it was 5 yrs ago.

HOGWASH!!!!!!

Scott D
12/27/2009, 01:22 PM
I'm all for Mike Shanahan to Florida

Hell maybe they can get Jon Gruden.

SoonerMom2
12/27/2009, 01:33 PM
Urban staying on at UF will make it tough to bring in a big name.

You have that right! Why would any coach want to take the job and have Meyer looking over their shoulder. If he is as intense as they say, he would drive a new coach nuts. No coach will ever meet Meyer's standards. Bad move to keep him as part of the Athletic Department IMHO.

PLaw
12/27/2009, 01:42 PM

BLASPHEMY!! BANE THIS SPEACH!

UF may be on par with OU, but not "much more attractive". This decade OU has had as many AA's, more Heisman's, and more championship game appearances. As assistants continue to drain from the Meyer staff to HC jobs, let's see if they can do as well with sustaining the elite status that OU has acheived over at least seven decades.

BLASPHEMY!!

BOOMER

Scott D
12/27/2009, 01:43 PM
You have that right! Why would any coach want to take the job and have Meyer looking over their shoulder. If he is as intense as they say, he would drive a new coach nuts. No coach will ever meet Meyer's standards. Bad move to keep him as part of the Athletic Department IMHO.

Not to mention that it's very likely that said coach would likely be replaced by a 'rejuvenated' Meyer if things weren't up to snuff within 4-5 years.

StoopTroup
12/27/2009, 04:08 PM
I get the feeling that this sticky is outliving it's adhesiveness.

oudavid1
12/27/2009, 04:13 PM
Meyer is no longer stepping down, he is taking a leave of absence. And Stoops wouldnt leave

MyT Oklahoma
12/27/2009, 04:41 PM
^^ I just read the same thing at SI. But then who really cares what happens at Florida?

StoopTroup
12/27/2009, 04:43 PM
Meyer is no longer stepping down, he is taking a leave of absence. And Stoops wouldnt leave

Meyer who?

StoopTroup
12/27/2009, 04:44 PM
Oscar?

birddog
12/27/2009, 05:16 PM
Wilde?

stoopified
12/27/2009, 05:41 PM
Metro Golgwyn?

oudivesherpa
12/27/2009, 08:15 PM
I Can't see Bob leaving...
#1.The Money wouldn't be that much more
#2.Why move the whole family at this stage in their Lives
#3.Too many business contacts already in Oklahoma
#4.My guess is a little "Less Pressure" at OU than Florida (SEC)
#5.More Bonus Money here by staying at OU on his Contract...
#6 ~~~~ Your Turn ~~~~ :)

1. NO State Income Tax. Oklahoma costs Bob $240K per year in Taxes.
2. Winter!
3. Great Golf Courses.
4. Salt water fishing.
5. Great beaches.

I'm sure Bob will stay at OU but it's not a slam dunk. Oklahoma has some serious set backs in attracting new business--one that no corporation will talk about, but the executives can save significant cash by moving their headquarters to Texas or Florida. While many oil companies like to talk about the strategic advantages of Houston over Tulsa and Bartlesville, the average senior level executive saves about $200K after taxes living in Texas (versus Oklahoma).
With Urban staying invlovled in the Florida Program and his planned return when his health improves, I don't think Bob will leave at this juncture, but If the conditions were right, I think Bob would take the HC at another school, especially if "feeding the beast" at OU becomes too onerous.
In other words, he would consider the financial aspect of another job, but what would cause him too leave would be a weaking of fan support for the program. If we keep bitching about his performance, he could just say, to he** with it.

StoopTroup
12/28/2009, 12:35 PM
Knowing that Executives make good business decisions based on their personal tax bases gives me a warm fuzzy feeling about the future.

tfoolry
12/28/2009, 03:13 PM
I heard Stoops IS going to Florida.........he's taking his family to Disney World after OU wins the Sun Bowl.

12/28/2009, 03:18 PM
I heard Stoops IS going to Juarez.........he's taking his family to the Club Perro y Caballo after OU wins the Sun Bowl.fixed

KantoSooner
12/30/2009, 09:08 AM
1. NO State Income Tax. Oklahoma costs Bob $240K per year in Taxes.
2. Winter!
3. Great Golf Courses.
4. Salt water fishing.
5. Great beaches.

I'm sure Bob will stay at OU but it's not a slam dunk. Oklahoma has some serious set backs in attracting new business--one that no corporation will talk about, but the executives can save significant cash by moving their headquarters to Texas or Florida. While many oil companies like to talk about the strategic advantages of Houston over Tulsa and Bartlesville, the average senior level executive saves about $200K after taxes living in Texas (versus Oklahoma).
With Urban staying invlovled in the Florida Program and his planned return when his health improves, I don't think Bob will leave at this juncture, but If the conditions were right, I think Bob would take the HC at another school, especially if "feeding the beast" at OU becomes too onerous.
In other words, he would consider the financial aspect of another job, but what would cause him too leave would be a weaking of fan support for the program. If we keep bitching about his performance, he could just say, to he** with it.

You ignore one leeeetle thing: property taxes. Though you and I might not mind living in our boats or RV's (and they can count as residences IF they have a toilet - please note for post divorce purposes), most execs with incomes worth protecting have sagacious tax counsel.....who can find deducts for the most INteresting things! Not so easy with an eleventy billion dollar house. It kind of is what it is.....and is taxed as such. Unless you rent, I guess; but then Bob just built Kublai Khan's very own pleasure dome in Norman. For what it's worth.

fossil
12/30/2009, 05:29 PM
Meyer who?

:D Lansky. Meyer Lansky! Installing the new SHOTGUN offense at Florida.

fossil
12/30/2009, 05:30 PM
Oscar?

:D StoupTroup, don't be a big weenie. That Mayer is spelled Mayer. Remember.....My bologna has a first name, it's Mayer.......etc.

fossil
12/30/2009, 05:33 PM
Originally Posted by tfoolry
I heard Stoops IS going to Juarez.........he's taking his family to the Club Perro y Caballo after OU wins the Sun Bowl.

Huh? He's talin' them to the Dog and Pony Club?

goingoneight
12/30/2009, 05:56 PM
John Blake to Florida.

Bill Calahan to Texas Tech.

Mangino and Leach BACK to Norman. :P

soonerduke
1/2/2010, 06:52 AM
Urban Meyer will not return from his leave of absence and Lee Corso will be the new Florida head coach.

OklahomaTuba
12/8/2010, 02:43 PM
So, who will our next HC be?

BoulderSooner79
12/8/2010, 02:46 PM
So, who will our next HC be?

KW's plane just did a 180 in mid-flight.

AlboSooner
12/8/2010, 02:50 PM
Now that Stoops is gone, can we promote Josh Heupel as head coach?

sooner59
12/8/2010, 02:58 PM
HC - Heupel
OC - Norvel

Got a feeling Venables is the next Pitt coach.....or Bob takes him to Florida.

85sooners
12/8/2010, 02:58 PM
:pop:

My Opinion Matters
12/8/2010, 03:04 PM
Urban Meyer to OU.

cantwait48
12/8/2010, 03:20 PM
meyer to fla atl
schnelly back to ou
stoops to denver
leach to florida
mangino to furr's

oudavid1
12/8/2010, 03:21 PM
Leach To Florida!

NormanPride
12/8/2010, 03:22 PM
meyer to fla atl
schnelly back to ou
stoops to denver
leach to florida
mangino to furr's

I'll cut you.

badger
12/8/2010, 03:24 PM
Thread recycling saves the environment

oudavid1
12/8/2010, 03:26 PM
I'll cut you.

your avatar ads to the humor i experience here.

SoonerPr8r
12/8/2010, 04:24 PM
meyer to fla atl
schnelly back to ou:mad:
stoops to denver
leach to florida
mangino to furr's:D :D :D :D
:pop:

mgsooner
12/8/2010, 04:31 PM
WWaLxFIVX1s

usaosooner
12/8/2010, 04:49 PM
LOUD NOISES!

RacerX
12/8/2010, 05:09 PM
Mike: So how long do I wait to call?
Trent: A day.
Mike: Tomorrow.
Sue: Tomorrow, then a day.
Trent: Yeah.
Mike: So two days?
Trent: Yeah, I guess you could call it that, two days.
Sue: Definitely, two days is like industry standard.
Trent: You know I used to wait two days to call anybody, but now it's like everyone in town waits two days. So I think three days is kind of money. What do you think?
Sue: Yeah, but two's enough not to look anxious.
Trent: Yeah, two's enough not to look anxious. But I think three days is kind of money. You know because you...
Mike: Yeah, but you know what, mabey I'll wait 3 weeks. How's that? And tell her I was cleaning out my wallet and I just happened to run into her number.
Charles: Then ask her where you met her.
Mike: Yeah, I'll ask her where I met her. I don't remember. What does she look like? And then I'll asked if we ****ed. Is that... would that be... T, would that be the money?
Trent: You know what. Ha ha ha Mike, laugh all you want but if you call too soon you might scare off a nice baby who's ready to party.
Mike: Well how long are you guys gonna wait to call your babies?
Trent, Sue: Six days.

Rocker
12/8/2010, 07:26 PM
Stoops for President in 2012

wishbonesooner
12/8/2010, 07:34 PM
I looked at GatorCountry.com. and there was almost no mention of Stoops. The only mention was of his BCS losses. I didn't get the feeling he was even close to the top of anyone's list over there.

Sooner95
12/8/2010, 07:39 PM
Furr's LMAO! Man, I havn't eaten their since i was a kid.. damn I loved that place!

Boooom!
12/8/2010, 08:06 PM
Today as I was driving through Norman, I looked up and saw a plane heading kinda east'ish... its a done deal.

kelloggOUballa
12/8/2010, 08:19 PM

Coach could help the economy in a great way.

BoulderSooner79
12/8/2010, 09:44 PM

He'd have to move to an older, smaller house.

ashley
12/8/2010, 09:49 PM
If the haven't called they will. His ties to the top at Florida are very tight.

boomermagic
12/8/2010, 10:04 PM

Stoops makes plenty of money i don't want him to leave but if he does we'll be fine..

Tigeman
12/8/2010, 10:11 PM
Maybe he got tired of folks like this...

x5tXMLI-OsI

SouthFortySooner
12/8/2010, 10:43 PM
Praise da Lawd, Praise da Lawd. I was already quite far into this cemetary before I realized there has been a resawererection.

Sooner70
12/9/2010, 07:34 AM
Houston Chronicle today lists main candidates, if Meyer has any say so, as:

Utah's Kyle Whittingham (was Meyer's defensive coord at Utah)
Mississippi State's Dan Mullen (formerly Fla offensive coord under Meyer)
Arkansas Bobby Petrino

Apparently Petrino was Foley's next choice behind Urban Meyer in 2004. No mention of Bob Stoops in article.

OUinFLA
12/9/2010, 08:14 AM
. No mention of Bob Stoops in article.

:eek: that means the deal is done. :eek:

maybe he'll be my neighbor.

MamaMia
12/9/2010, 09:00 AM
No way. Hes building that gorgeous home. I think he plans on retiring here, and I'm all for it.

gr8fulsooner
12/9/2010, 09:45 AM
If we win our bowl game, we will likely be #1 in the preseason polls and will surely be a favorite to make it to the NC (especially given the current state of the Big 12). Why would anyone leave a situation like that to go rebuild an historically inferior program?

Wishboned
12/9/2010, 09:51 AM
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_bianchi/2010/12/urban-meyer-gators-successor-should-be-bob-stoops-not-dan-mullen.html/comment-page-1#comment-42054

I think Bob needs to put get a restraining order against Foley and the Gators.

12/9/2010, 11:30 AM
Houston Chronicle today lists main candidates, if Meyer has any say so, as:

Utah's Kyle Whittingham (was Meyer's defensive coord at Utah)
Mississippi State's Dan Mullen (formerly Fla offensive coord under Meyer)
Arkansas Bobby Petrino

Apparently Petrino was Foley's next choice behind Urban Meyer in 2004. No mention of Bob Stoops in article.PETRINO...YEAH! perfect! Get him away from Arkie, and our recruiting area.

catsigater
12/9/2010, 01:06 PM

Why would he leave OU? Nebraska's leaving and TX sucks. It's setting up great for him here.

He's a great coach to whom Gator Nation will always owe a debt of gratitude, but honestly, we don't want him.