PDA

View Full Version : Hostage taker in post office angry at the federal government

lexsooner
12/26/2009, 06:40 PM
OK, so what gives? The hostage taker, nicknamed "Gator," is from Tennessee, apparently is disabled and not working, in a wheelchair, not having to pay taxes, had an arsernal of handguns, extremely overweight and diabetic, lived in a trailer park, shot his ex-wife in the past, committed a sex crime and is a registered sex offender, orders a Pizza Hut Supreme for dinner while holding hostages (remember, he is diabetic), has delusions (or lies) about serving in the Marines and losing a son in Afghanistan, is losing his pickup truck to repo . . . . and he blames the government for his woes, and is upset about high taxes, gun control, and Obama being alive and in the White House. I'm not sure I see where he is coming from. Probably too much talk radio in his house and calling in to UT sports shows in which he just does not understand the five second delay for callers like him, and he keeps asking "Am I on the air?" with his radio blaring in the background, like Al Eschbach's country Gomer callers.

http://www.statesman.com/news/nation/hostage-post-office-gunman-was-angry-at-government-146816.html

VeeJay
12/26/2009, 07:19 PM
I travel once a month through that town. We usually fill up our rental car just across I-77 from the Appleby's. Whytheville is at the crossroads of I-77 and I-81 in SW Virginia. So there's lots of truck stops and that sort of thing around there (and probably 80 miles west of Virginia Tech). Rural, blue collar, older population, antique shops, etc. Patriotic, God-fearing folks. This will be the talk of the town for years to come.

A man in a wheelchair fits the demographic. Someone taking people hostage in the post office does not

StoopTroup
12/27/2009, 02:54 AM
Glenn Beck warned about this...

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=5330485n&tag=contentBody;housing

Frozen Sooner
12/27/2009, 04:31 AM
OK, so what gives? The hostage taker, nicknamed "Gator," is from Tennessee, apparently is disabled and not working, in a wheelchair, not having to pay taxes, had an arsernal of handguns, extremely overweight and diabetic, lived in a trailer park, shot his ex-wife in the past, committed a sex crime and is a registered sex offender, orders a Pizza Hut Supreme for dinner while holding hostages (remember, he is diabetic), has delusions (or lies) about serving in the Marines and losing a son in Afghanistan, is losing his pickup truck to repo . . . . and he blames the government for his woes, and is upset about high taxes, gun control, and Obama being alive and in the White House. I'm not sure I see where he is coming from. Probably too much talk radio in his house and calling in to UT sports shows in which he just does not understand the five second delay for callers like him, and he keeps asking "Am I on the air?" with his radio blaring in the background, like Al Eschbach's country Gomer callers.

http://www.statesman.com/news/nation/hostage-post-office-gunman-was-angry-at-government-146816.html

Why isn't the media talking about him being a Muslim? What are they afraid of?

StoopTroup
12/27/2009, 11:55 AM
Katie Couric: Mr. Beck...What do you mean by "White Culture"?

LMAO@23:50

I thought he was going to hold up in a Post Office on that question.

I just have a lot of hope that people won't hold up in a Post Office with a gun during their next diabetic coma.

lexsooner
12/27/2009, 01:21 PM
Katie Couric: Mr. Beck...What do you mean by "White Culture"?

LMAO@23:50

I thought he was going to hold up in a Post Office on that question.

I just have a lot of hope that people won't hold up in a Post Office with a gun during their next diabetic coma.

Katie Couric has a way of making light weights look silly - Beck, Palin. With Gator going to the slammer again, that's one less vote for Palin in 2012.

The odd thing about the Gators of this country is they seem ok with being downtrodden and crapped on and getting the short stick if it is rich, powerful white folks doing it to them. Now put a black man in the White House and many can't seem to take it, even if their lives have not changed one iota in the last year - no change in amount of taxes owed, no change in gun control laws, no more government in their face, just a black guy with lots going for him at the helm.

Rogue
12/27/2009, 03:06 PM
Dang...Gator is from the county next to where I live.
Wytheville is a dump...more speed traps than things worth visiting.

I couldn't make it through 44 minutes of Glenn Beck...what did he say to warn about this?

And how is it that so many people perceive that guns are going to be banned tomorrow? A guy at work argued with me months ago that congress just passed a gun control bill and BO signed it into law so he was gonna hurry out and buy his first gun...and then learn to shoot it. :confused:
Where do people get this crap?

yermom
12/27/2009, 03:10 PM
i want to know how anything has declined at all so far under Obama

i won't disagree that he hasn't undone much of what Bush did, but i have yet to actually see him screw up the economy or raise taxes or take my guns yet

lexsooner
12/27/2009, 04:09 PM
i want to know how anything has declined at all so far under Obama

i won't disagree that he hasn't undone much of what Bush did, but i have yet to actually see him screw up the economy or raise taxes or take my guns yet

The self-esteem of some bigots has declined under Obama. It might be too soon to say for sure, and a huge crisis and his response may define him, but absent that, Obama is looking like he will be remembered as a mainstream POUS, neither a great POUS nor a realy bad one, an intelligent pragmatist who did what was necessary to salvage the economy, but spent big time to do so; a brainy consensus builder who is not tough or daring, but someone who is very thoughtful, maybe too much so, overall; really pretty non-controversial in his actions, not nearly as much as his foes claim; basically competent as POUS, but not the savior his lovers had hoped for, not able or willing to do anything extreme, definitely not the leader of any significant "Change," which was his campaign slogan. His administration is business as usual. He will probably be remembered more for being the first non-white POUS more than anything else.

StoopTroup
12/27/2009, 04:12 PM
Obama has reduced Al Queda to set themselves on fire on an airplane.

Bush had them hiding stuff in their shoe.

Anyone who can't see how things have improved just isn't looking close enough and is blinded by their hatred.

;)

yermom
12/27/2009, 04:15 PM
The self-esteem of some bigots has declined under Obama. It might be too soon to say for sure, and a huge crisis and his response may define him, but absent that, Obama is looking like he will be remembered as a mainstream POUS, neither a great POUS nor a realy bad one, an intelligent pragmatist who did what was necessary to salvage the economy, but spent big time to do so; a brainy consensus builder who is not tough or daring, but someone who is very thoughtful, maybe too much so, overall; really pretty non-controversial in his actions, not nearly as much as his foes claim; basically competent as POUS, but not the savior his lovers had hoped for, not able or willing to do anything extreme, definitely not the leader of any significant "Change," which was his campaign slogan. His administration is business as usual. He will probably be remembered more for being the first non-white POUS more than anything else.

that's pretty much been my impression since he had a shot at winning the election. i'm not quite cynical enough to think that his color has that much to do with the vocal opposition he gets, but i'm sure it doesn't help