PDA

View Full Version : '09 All-College = OKC media's wet dream come true

NMSooner'80
12/26/2009, 05:26 PM
1. OU stinks it up royally and doesn't have its "fair weather" basketball fans in attendance (mainly due to the very early start, but that'll go unnoticed).

2. OSU beats a no-name team, but will get credit for a "great victory," thus proving to various OKC-area media types that they're the "real basketball school" in Oklahoma.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if UTEP couldn't have worked over OSU in similar fashion, but we'll never know. I do know that I like it better when OU has the "late game," so all of that orange clears out of the Ford Center. Other than one mouthy Aggie who got his panties in a wad because some skinny teen near us was rooting for URI last year, the silence was golden.

But, as far as this year's debacle goes, I have no doubt that those media clowns who drink the "OSU is the better basketball school" kool-aid probably secretly enjoyed having their beloved Pokes win and the "evil football school" lose.

Maybe they are (better) right this minute, but not historically - and that's what I'm saying....