PDA

View Full Version : This should encourage the team to do better next year.

adoniijahsooner
12/26/2009, 12:02 AM
Texas Tech gets a PS3, and our boys get a brand spanking new.....

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls08/news/story?id=3777733

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2008/1218/ncf_helenoftroy_300.jpg

Wait," Trent Hilburn, a spokesman for the Brut Sun Bowl, hastily interjected. "Let me explain."

Explaining is something Hilburn did 11 times so far this week (not that he's counting) when asked why, exactly, the Brut Sun Bowl gives dozens of burly football players hair dryers as part of their gift package.

For the past 25 years, Helen of Troy, which owns Brut and is the largest maker of hair dryers in the United States, has been supplying hair dryers as one of the bowl gifts. They are produced in El Paso, Texas, and are part of the local … shall we say … style.

And it's a fad that never changes at the Sun Bowl.

"It's just part of coming to the Sun Bowl," Hilburn said. "You're gonna get a hair dryer."

rawlingsHOH
12/26/2009, 12:09 AM
Actually, I think the OU guys can have a PS3 if they choose, too.

There is a Sony gift suite, with a $300 "spending" limit.

Mjcpr
12/26/2009, 12:11 AM
They should've gotten some nice Brut after shave.

rawlingsHOH
12/26/2009, 12:13 AM

That’d be for the teams, not for you.

The Brut Sun Bowl has come a long way since being fodder for then-Purdue quarterback Kyle Orton when it comes to gift-giving. Orton took a swipe at the free goodies he received during his second trip to the Brut Sun Bowl when talking to Sports Illustrated in 2001.

But thanks to bowlwide spending limits and a little work, the Sunnies have gotten consistently better every year at putting together some memorable packages.

This year’s gifts include: a Sony gift suite, a Timely Watch Co. watch, a Majestic fleece pullover, a VP Sports cap, an Ogio Politan laptop pack, a Brut hair dryer and a commemorative coin.

By comparison, the Little Caesars Bowl (Dec. 26, Detroit) is giving players a Sony gift suite, a Timely Watch Co. watch and a football.

Participants in the Citi BCS National Championship will receive a Sony gift suite with Trek and Garmin, a Fossil watch, a New Era 59Fifty hat and an Ogio Politan laptop pack.

Find a complete bowl gifts list here.

For anyone wondering what a Sony gift suite is, it’s basically a kiosk inside the teams’ hotels stocked with Sony stuff. Players get to visit these booths and pick out what they want that totals to a set amount ($300 in most cases) and take it home.

Not bad swag, huh?

adoniijahsooner
12/26/2009, 12:24 AM
They should've gotten some nice Brut after shave.

I think Matt Clapp is going nuts over the hair dryer. You know Brut after shave dont sound so bad.

Sooner-N-KS
12/26/2009, 09:18 AM
I think Matt Clapp is going nuts over the hair dryer.

That's what I was thinking. It's great for someone like Clapp. Brody Eldridge - not so much.

Widescreen
12/26/2009, 12:06 PM
I can't believe the Brut Sun Bowl isn't giving them any actual Brut.

<Eddie Murphy>Brut. By Faberge. Thank you. Cheap *************</Eddie Murphy>

spatton713
12/26/2009, 12:26 PM
what are the guys with no hair supposed to do?

AlbqSooner
12/26/2009, 02:38 PM
You know Brut after shave dont sound so bad.

Ummm, sound is one thing. Brut is about the smell.:P

delhalew
12/26/2009, 03:50 PM
what are the guys with no hair supposed to do?

Cultivate a fro down below?