PDA

View Full Version : Usc -- It was Fun While it lasted....

Blues1
12/25/2009, 11:43 AM
From MSN Sports

"Though USC has gotten verbal commitments from top recruits like Junipero High (CA) WR Robert Woods and Lakewood High (CA) quarterback Jesse Scroggins, the Trojans lost out to Oklahoma on top high school wideout Kenny Stills from California's La Costa Canyon High School. Florida -- a school that rarely scores big recruits from out west -- landed Palmdale (Calif.) cornerback Josh Shaw a few weeks ago. And although nothing is official yet, word has it that Moreno Valley (CA) defensive end Ronald Powell -- ESPNU’s No. 2 overall high school prospect -- is set to choose Florida over USC, as well."

LINK
http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/Schrager-USC-struggles-122309

SoonerStormchaser
12/25/2009, 11:58 AM
Screw em...I hope them, Ohio State, LSU, Texass and Florida lose every single game each year.

Dan Thompson
12/25/2009, 12:07 PM
Now if the NCAA will just come clean with the Reggie Bush affair and all the other violations, that would be great.

VA Sooner
12/25/2009, 02:06 PM
Is the Reggie Bush investigation still going on? I thought the NCAA had tried to sweep it under the rug already and it was no longer active.

jthomas666
12/25/2009, 02:40 PM
Is the Reggie Bush investigation still going on? I thought the NCAA had tried to sweep it under the rug already and it was no longer active.They combined the Bush case with the OJ Mayo case.

Jacie
12/25/2009, 03:35 PM
Do you think someone whispered to em there just might be a probation in SUC's future?

Dio
12/25/2009, 03:38 PM
They combined the Bush case with the OJ Mayo case, so they could sweep them both under the rug in one fell swoop.

FTFY ;)

badger
12/25/2009, 04:33 PM
Do you think someone whispered to em there just might be a probation in SUC's future?

Coaches who are trying to recruit the same players have been telling it to the guys for years... it's just now the recruits are starting to listen to these non-USC coaches who say "SC is going to get punished by the NCAA" instead of the SC coaches who say "We pwn the NCAA. Sanctions? Lulz."

tulsaoilerfan
12/25/2009, 04:38 PM
Just further proof that the NCAA has a major hard on for Oklahoma; Switzer's team was put on probation that crippled the program for much, much, less than what has happened at USC over the last 5 years; unreal

Leroy Lizard
12/25/2009, 05:18 PM
Look what happened to TCU when they self-reported boosters giving inducements to players.

In 1986, the NCAA placed TCU on three year probation. They found that 6 boosters provided football recruits and football players with cash and other forms of payment. The final penalty of the NCAA was to ban TCU from post-season play for one season, a forfeiture of TV revenue for the 1983 and 1984 seasons, only 10 scholarships for the 1987-88 academic year and only 15 scholarships for the 1988-1989 season. The NCAA said it would have given TCU a harsher penalty: a three-year ban from postseason play, a three-year television appearance ban and no new scholarships for two years. In the NCAA’s public release they imposed a reduced penalty because TCU self-reported the violations, suspended the players in question, full cooperation with the enforcement committee and a lack of previous infractions

USC did not self-report the violation, did not suspend the player in question (he was long gone), and has not fully cooperated from what I can tell.

But nothing will happen to USC.

Note: Both schools are private universities.

Sooner-N-KS
12/26/2009, 09:20 AM
Is the Reggie Bush investigation still going on? I thought the NCAA had tried to sweep it under the rug already and it was no longer active.

I think it's active but sitting on the shelf. They have more important things to do like de-certify people like Mike Balogun.