PDA

View Full Version : Sooners are 10th most valuable team in nation

cvsooner
12/24/2009, 01:30 PM
In financial terms, as in estimated value and "profit" that goes to the school. Or so says Forbes Magazine. http://www.forbes.com/2009/12/22/most-vaulable-college-football-teams-business-sports-college-football.html

Five Big 12 teams in top 20, with OSewe ranking #20.

Unfortunately, Texas is listed #1. :mad:

rawlingsHOH
12/24/2009, 01:52 PM
Texas, definitely the "haves".

Didn't look at the list, but I'd suspect Notre Dame and Ohio State to rank up there as well.

cvsooner
12/24/2009, 02:03 PM
ND was # 2...Ohio State was something like eight, I think. Surprisingly, Nebraska was 3 or 4...

Big 12 teams were UT, Nebraska, OU, A & M (!) and OSewe...

cvsooner
12/24/2009, 02:05 PM
Nebraska was four; Penn St. # 3, and Alabama # 5.

SoonerLB
12/24/2009, 02:06 PM
They obviously put the zero behind the wrong "one", ...... just sayin'. ;)

PLaw
12/24/2009, 04:27 PM
Texas, definitely the "haves".

Didn't look at the list, but I'd suspect Notre Dame and Ohio State to rank up there as well.

Yep, just noticed that the "Texas Coop" opened a store front in the high rent Southlake Town Center. As I walked by, I got nauseated from the sight of all the burnt orange in the store front.

BOOMER

Jacie
12/24/2009, 04:40 PM
New to the list: the 20th-ranked Oklahoma State Cowboys, worth $47 million. OSU has received $350 million in gifts from billionaire alumnus T. Boone Pickens this decade, including $250 million earmarked for the athletic department, whose football stadium now bears his name. "There'll be more substantial contributions from me," Pickens says, with one caveat: "I expect to win and expect to fill up the stadium."

This is so aggie. Receive $350 million and it raises their value to . . . $47 million.

EnragedOUfan
12/24/2009, 04:40 PM
Who cares, seriously. The size and population of Texas overwhelms little Oklahoma. Football is huge in Texas and Texas puts out some of the best talent if not the best talent in the nation. With that said, you would think that the pride of glory of Texas, the University of Texas, would have 15 national championships and 15 Heisman trophy winners......but they don't. They have a wopping 4 National championships (3 of their titles were coached by an Okie/Sooner) and 2 Heisman trophy winners. Little ol Oklahoma has produced 4 Okie born Heisman trophy winners (5 total obviously) and 7 national championships............They can hang their heads high if they want to as to them being the financial king, but who freaking cares.............BOOMER!!!!!!!!!!!

westcoast_sooner
12/24/2009, 05:07 PM
It's really a little like the Yankees. They are probably the most recognized sports franchise anywhere, and consistently put a team of great players on the field every season. They're always in the conversation for playoffs, winning their division and making it to the World Series. But they don't always get it done, and not unusual for a team with lesser talent but greater desire to beat them.

Texas does a great job of marketing their brand. OU does that, too, just doesn't have the broad reach yet.

yankee
12/24/2009, 05:18 PM
if you live in texas and you ever go to the mall or just about any other large public gathering place, you know the hundreds of people (especially a specific race *cough *cough) that are wearing texas gear probably haven't come within 100 miles of 40 acres and probably never will. texas has more bandwagon fans than just about any other university in the nation, and i'd bet on that. that's why i wear my sooner gear wherever and whenever i go out in public. not only am i proud to be a student, but i do it in spite of all those ****ing fair weather texas fans who don't know **** about texas football outside of vince young. bring the looks and curses my way, i say!