PDA

View Full Version : Mayweather v Pacqiao...or not.

Rogue
12/23/2009, 08:53 PM
So, this would be a fight that I'd PPV. Last fight I PPV'd was when I was in school in Norman. We had a house full of friends and a few minutes into the big fight, Tyson bit Holyfields ear and it was over. I swore off PPV then and there.

I enjoy the sweet science. I enjoy it more than MMA...mostly because I enjoy punches (or "striking" in MMA) more than I do watching a couple of dudes wrassin' slowly on the ground.

So, now the big fight has some drama. With Pretty Boy Floyd that is expected.

Is it weird that I couldn't stand Chris Byrd's style but I like watching Mayweather? Both are fast as hell and taunt their opponents, smile too much, and have great defensive skills and are not known as power punchers. I don't know why but Byrd just seemed like more of a punk than Floyd M.

So, what's the deal with this fight? Seems like Mayweather has tried to do everything to control each aspect of the fight. He wouldn't agree to a bigger venue and insisted on MGM where he's undefeated and Pacqiao has had a loss. Now he's pushing for more blood tests...Manny is a needle-phobe or something and believes he's weaker when he gives even a vial of blood.

So, is Floyd being high-maintenance? Is he trying not to fight Manny?
Is Manny looking for a reason not to fight or not to agree to more drug tests?
Are the camps colluding to increase the interest in the fight?

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/news/story?id=4729058

http://www.examiner.com/x-19632-Salt-Lake-City-Headlines-Examiner~y2009m12d23-Pacquiao-vs-Mayweather-2010-fight-in-jeopardy

Eielson
12/24/2009, 12:11 AM
Mayweather is scared.

ouleaf
12/24/2009, 01:15 PM
For what a great fight this could be, it's really taken a turn for the worst with all this crap leading up to it. They are both some of the best fighters of all time. Mayweather needs to get his act together and just focus on the fight if he doesn't want to be embarrassed.

I fully expect Manny to win this fight if it happens. Floyd is great, but Manny just has that killer instinct. Plus I think Floyd is really only fighting for the payday more than anything else. His money problems have been well documented.

Rogue
12/24/2009, 04:18 PM
This fight is just such a huge payday for both fighters I can't see them not working out these issues.

royalfan5
12/24/2009, 05:06 PM
I think the fight will get done. I've always wondered how Floyd would do if he worked with his Uncle Jeff, instead of Roger and Floyd Sr. Jeff tends to be a lot more calmer and rational than those two, and has a pretty decent training track record.

Sooner04
12/24/2009, 06:30 PM
I think the fight will get done. I've always wondered how Floyd would do if he worked with his Uncle Jeff, instead of Roger and Floyd Sr. Jeff tends to be a lot more calmer and rational than those two, and has a pretty decent training track record.
Hard to improve upon perfection.

royalfan5
12/25/2009, 09:16 AM
Hard to improve upon perfection.

You might if you don't have a constant circus atmosphere around you with your trainer being arrested on and off during camp.