PDA

View Full Version : Elf on the Shelf

ADs_Agent
12/23/2009, 01:36 PM
Has anyone else heard about this? I don't have any kiddos but when that lucky lady gets knocked up by yours truly we'll sure do this with the offspring

http://www.elfontheshelf.com/#/home

JohnnyMack
12/23/2009, 01:46 PM
Oh yes. We have it. The 3 year old and 2 year old are very excited about the elf. My wife and I are always forgetting to move him each night and it's generally a mad scramble to move him before they come down stairs the next morning. It really is a lot of fun to do though.

ADs_Agent
12/23/2009, 01:54 PM
my boss (former Sooner during Switzer years WOOT) has one for his 3 year old. His son isn't allowed to touch it or the magic will vanish. They had an infant grab the elf and his son FREAKS out screaming and crying that the magic is going LOL. My boss gets the elf back and tells his son that the magic doesn't wear off because it was a baby. His son sniffs and says "becuase babies aren't people?" He says "sure.....that works". Too funny

JohnnyMack
12/23/2009, 01:59 PM
my boss (former Sooner during Switzer years WOOT) has one for his 3 year old. His son isn't allowed to touch it or the magic will vanish. They had an infant grab the elf and his son FREAKS out screaming and crying that the magic is going LOL. My boss gets the elf back and tells his son that the magic doesn't wear off because it was a baby. His son sniffs and says "becuase babies aren't people?" He says "sure.....that works". Too funny

Yeah, we've had to move him to high places only so they won't touch him. One time he fell down from where he was and the 3 year old about lost it.

ADs_Agent
12/23/2009, 02:01 PM
Yeah, we've had to move him to high places only so they won't touch him. One time he fell down from where he was and the 3 year old about lost it.

:D too funny. Kids are so much fun at this age. You can't take enough pictures or spend enough time because once they're grown that time is gone forever

OUDoc
12/23/2009, 02:25 PM
No, but somehow we've ended up with this little tradition.
http://mymerrychristmas.com/2005/pickle.shtml

JohnnyMack
12/23/2009, 03:12 PM
I've been known to give the Christmas Pickle.

I got nuthin'.

SoonerAtKU
12/23/2009, 03:40 PM
I'm a big fan of consumer goods being allowed to declare themselves Traditions.

Oh wait...the opposite...

JohnnyMack
12/23/2009, 03:44 PM
I'm a big fan of consumer goods being allowed to declare themselves Traditions.

Oh wait...the opposite...

I don't remember asking you what you think of what I do with my kids.

SoonerAtKU
12/23/2009, 04:02 PM
Hey, man, you do whatever you want. I'm criticizing the product, not the parents. I'm glad it's fun for you and your family.

TheHumanAlphabet
12/23/2009, 04:06 PM
I think this thing started in Atlanta. My nephew and nieces all have the elves. There are several and the all over the house, but they leave Christmas eve.

SoonerBorn68
12/23/2009, 04:44 PM
I don't remember asking you what you think of what I do with my kids.

:les: DHS HAS BEEN NOTIFIED!!!

Explodo
12/23/2009, 05:31 PM
WE have one...HIs name is Quincy. Our elf has a tendqancy to be somewhat ornery...Like he has in the past done the following:

1. Arranged the Girl's stuffed animals klke reindeer and had them pulling a car with quicny in the car

2. Emptied out Mom's sock drawer

3. Ate all the hostess cupcakes(he was sitting on the table with all the detritus in full view)

4. knocked christmas ornaments off the tree

The daughter and son think Quince is da bomb bay. (BTW, the kids are 5 and 2)

Figuring out things for quincy to get into is half the fun.

ADs_Agent
12/23/2009, 05:54 PM
that's awesome! way to think outside the box

Tailwind
12/24/2009, 11:11 AM
I had one of those elves as a child, but it wasn't a part of any book. His name was Tebab and I loved him dearly. I had him for many years and then he went away.

StoopTroup
12/24/2009, 11:17 AM
My Christmas cucumber scares the kids.

JohnnyMack
12/24/2009, 11:38 AM
Your Christmas cucumber scares everyone

Rogue
12/24/2009, 04:31 PM
Mom loves to tell a story about my tender years. Apparently I got fed up with being reminded that "the elves are watching" every time I wasn't living up to expectations and I screamed, "you...you ELLLLLLVES, I just hate you!" One of the times when Mom and Dad tried not to let me see them laughing.

OU-HSV
12/24/2009, 06:21 PM
Yep, we got one as a gift right after Thanksgiving this year. My son has gotten a kick out of it. Guess I have to retire "Fred" for the year tonight.

For those of you who have had this for a few years...what do you do with it after Christmas Eve?? Do you hide it with the decorations or do you let your kids know that it's with the decorations til the following year or what??

MR2-Sooner86
12/24/2009, 06:28 PM
For those of you who have had this for a few years...what do you do with it after Christmas Eve??

Put him down.