PDA

View Full Version : The Ugly Bowl Game for 2009

Blues1
12/23/2009, 12:51 PM
From MSN Sports.....(I gotta say I agree with this one)

The ugly
Eaglebank Bowl:
UCLA vs. Temple, Dec. 29, in Washington, D.C.: O.K., here’s the pitch: Let’s bring UCLA all the way from Los Angeles, where it’s sunny, to an outdoor stadium in D.C., where the temperature at game time probably will be in the teens. (And, by the way, UCLA gets in only because Army lost to Navy.) Then let’s pair UCLA with Temple, a school that has no football following whatsoever. So it’ll be a handful of UCLA fans and a sprinkling of Temple stalwarts – and zero interest among the locals — in a stadium that seats 45,000 at night in the dead of winter. If we’re lucky, maybe we’ll get sleet!

(But I do LOVE a nice Sleet Game ~~~~ :)
LINK
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/34453986/ns/sports-college_football/

cvsooner
12/23/2009, 01:26 PM
I dunno...that Maaco Lost Wages Bowl last night was pretty sucky ugly, between the weather and the teams. And the outcome.

Blues1
12/23/2009, 01:45 PM
Yep ~ Very Ugly for Oregon State -- BYU Looked awful good though....

What IF Temple beats UCLA ... ??
Very Long trip home to LA .....I'd stay in DC or quit football ~~~ :)

cvsooner
12/23/2009, 05:39 PM
BYU got away with a lot of crap, too. A tackle out of bounds that should have drawn a flag, and that scumbag who clobbered Sam tried to leg whip Jacquizz Rodgers at one point. Jerk.

That said, BYU has a very solid squad. At this point, looking back, it says a lot that we only lost to them by a point...and led most of the game. And nearly won it at the end. Their tight end Pitta is really good.

Crucifax Autumn
12/23/2009, 11:31 PM
I was out walking to the store for beer in that lovely weather last night. The wind was blowing hard enough to make walking difficult. Certainly explains the punts.

King Barry's Back
12/24/2009, 12:05 AM
Gads, that little blurb sure does make the EagleBank bowl seem pretty dismal.

That said, i would have tickets to that game if I hadn't suddenly left Washington last fall. Though I would have reserved the right to leave early.

Too bad for that bowl game that they lost Navy. The Academy can just order the Midshipmen to all go to the game, and it guarantees a nice turn out.

By the way, doesn't the EagleBank Bowl have a contract with the Big XII now?

VA Sooner
12/24/2009, 12:11 AM
What a drone of a bowl game indeed. Tickets will be close to free in a few days.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/24/2009, 12:46 AM
BYU got away with a lot of crap, too. A tackle out of bounds that should have drawn a flag, and that scumbag who clobbered Sam tried to leg whip Jacquizz Rodgers at one point. Jerk.

That said, BYU has a very solid squad. At this point, looking back, it says a lot that we only lost to them by a point...and led most of the game. And nearly won it at the end. Their tight end Pitta is really good.FL STATE ran the Cougars ragged AT HOME IN UTAH! I suspect Ore. State was about as motivated to play BYU as we have been playing Boise and WVU...and, like the motivation Cal had with Utah tonight. It's just hard to get motivated for teams you don't respect. However, there is really no excuse for not respecting a team that has been matched against you, even if you think you're somthing special.