PDA

View Full Version : Maverick

C&CDean
12/23/2009, 10:11 AM
Since it's getting dark so early, I finish up with the chores and get in the house in time to watch Maverick re-runs on Encore Westerns once in a while.

I remember watching Maverick back in the day, but watching the reruns now is allsome. If you haven't been checking them out, you oughta.

Seriously, some pretty witty banter, comedy, and solid (yet sometimes campy) storylines. Sometimes it's Brett Maverick, and sometimes it's Bart. I like them both.

Anybody else a fan of the old Maverick shows?

StoopTroup
12/23/2009, 11:00 AM
Dude. James Garner was given an Honorary Doctorate in 1995 when my Brother Graduated. He gave the address and has done many of the best opening Football sequences in OU Football History. I'll always be a fan.

Hot Rod
12/23/2009, 11:05 AM
Well, I enjoyed the movie, Maverick, and Mr. Garner in that flick, and always see those episodes on as well, but just have never had the chance to watch them. I need to clear out the DVR and record them I guess. I love a good western every now and then.

C&CDean
12/23/2009, 11:07 AM
Yeah James Garner stayed a couple times at our facility - until he found out he couldn't smoke his cigars in the room. I told the folks in DC that we should make an exception, and I was told in return "even the president can't smoke in government property." I said "but this guy is better than the president."

Sooner24
12/23/2009, 12:26 PM
Since it's getting dark so early, I finish up with the chores and get in the house in time to watch Maverick re-runs on Encore Westerns once in a while.

I remember watching Maverick back in the day, but watching the reruns now is allsome. If you haven't been checking them out, you oughta.

Seriously, some pretty witty banter, comedy, and solid (yet sometimes campy) storylines. Sometimes it's Brett Maverick, and sometimes it's Bart. I like them both.

And sometimes it was thier cousin Beau Maverick.

Sooner24
12/23/2009, 12:29 PM
Who is the tall, dark stranger there?
Maverick is the name.
Ridin' the trail to who knows where,
Luck is his companion.
Gamblin' is his game.

Smooth as the handle on a gun.
Maverick is the name.
Wild as the wind in Oregon,
Blowin' up a canyon, easier to tame.

Riverboat, ring your bell. Fare thee well, Annabel.
Luck is the lady that he loves the best.
Natchez to New Orleans. Livin' on jacks and queens
Maverick is a legend of the west.

unbiasedtruth
12/23/2009, 01:05 PM
grew up with his 2 nephews, his brother lived 2 blocks over from wher I gre up.... darn brother used to chase my friends and I around Norman for ditching school at Norman High....

He even found us one day at "top of the world" across the river in Mclain County....

C&CDean
12/23/2009, 01:32 PM
And sometimes it was thier cousin Beau Maverick.

And don't forget about Pappy Maverick.

TUSooner
12/23/2009, 04:57 PM

That was one of my favorite shows as a kid, and last year I recorded so many episodes on the DVR that I'm still getting complaints from the wimmen of the house. I ignore them (mostly). James Garner rawks indeed, but some of Bart's stories are pretty good, too. I think the earlier seasons were the best, but they're all good. I may have to watch me a couple of episodes tonight in Dean's honor. :texan: