PDA

View Full Version : With Holmgren as Browns' President

swardboy
12/22/2009, 09:19 AM
...would Cleveland become an attractive place for Sam B. to land?

rawlingsHOH
12/22/2009, 10:20 AM
Definitely not an offense you want to be thrown in early. Though Favre seemed to do okay in it, in 92.

IronHorseSooner
12/22/2009, 10:52 AM
I still say that Sam lands in DC.

tanjou
12/22/2009, 10:58 AM
I think Bob Stoops would be a good fit ....

just sayin' ....

goingoneight
12/22/2009, 11:08 AM
I would absolutely cringe seeing Sam in DC. But that's better than him going to Deroit or Oakland... Eek!

IronHorseSooner
12/22/2009, 11:29 AM
I would absolutely cringe seeing Sam in DC. But that's better than him going to Deroit or Oakland... Eek!

I agree, him going to DC isn't great, but hey, he could reunite with MK!

soonerborn30
12/22/2009, 11:44 AM
I'm not sure reuniting with MK would be that great. Didn't he essentially throw the entire program under the bus for his sub-par combine numbers?

badger
12/22/2009, 11:52 AM
Effing walrus... up and left Green Bay after we named a street after him. He'll never win another Super Bowl. NEVER. He is too d@mn stubborn and the only reason he succeeded in Seattle was because he had shipped out a rising star backup QB from Green Bay to Seattle in Matt Hasselbeck. Boo, Holmgren. Cleveland deserves so much better for all the crap they put up throughout their franchise's history.

Effing walrus.

rawlingsHOH
12/22/2009, 12:12 PM
I'm not sure reuniting with MK would be that great. Didn't he essentially throw the entire program under the bus for his sub-par combine numbers?
I think that may be blowing it a tad out of proportion.

He was upset because at the OU Pro Day they had the players run the '40' in the Everest Center, when in some previous seasons (but I don't think the prior year), players had workouts in Everest Center, but ran the '40' over at Mosier.

The surface at the Everest is Safeplay, a notoriously slow type of fieldturf, but the scouts know that. Just as they know the astroturf at Mosier is quick.

In the end it was the NFL scouts, who decided where it would be ran, and Kelly was apologetic for his actions. It was a very stressful series of months for Kelly, and understandably, as he could barely train for the workouts because his knees were so bad.

Fiatil
12/22/2009, 01:13 PM
I thought I would be alright with Bradford going to the Redskins, but as I sit here watching clips of the Giants/Skins game from last night......I can only weep when I imagine Bradford in the spot that Campbell was in. Having to face the giants d-line, demarcus ware, and philly D twice every year is pretty ouch.

badger
12/22/2009, 01:25 PM
In the end it was the NFL scouts, who decided where it would be ran, and Kelly was apologetic for his actions. It was a very stressful series of months for Kelly, and understandably, as he could barely train for the workouts because his knees were so bad.

This, but I've never thought the same about MK since. He blamed everyone that day except himself for a 40 time that wasn't first-round quality.

If only he had accepted it and vowed to train harder and produce a better time before the draft, he could have still been picked in the first round.

It wasn't just this that he was anti-OU on... he also said that coaches wanted him back for the bowl and speculated out loud that they only cleared him because they wanted him to get hurt or have a bad game so that he'd have to return for his senior year and not skip it to go to the draft.

He might have apologized, but I still have the lingering mindset that he only apologized to stop his draft stock from nosediving further.

rawlingsHOH
12/22/2009, 01:50 PM
This, but I've never thought the same about MK since. He blamed everyone that day except himself for a 40 time that wasn't first-round quality.

If only he had accepted it and vowed to train harder and produce a better time before the draft, he could have still been picked in the first round.

It wasn't just this that he was anti-OU on... he also said that coaches wanted him back for the bowl and speculated out loud that they only cleared him because they wanted him to get hurt or have a bad game so that he'd have to return for his senior year and not skip it to go to the draft.

He might have apologized, but I still have the lingering mindset that he only apologized to stop his draft stock from nosediving further.

Kelly went to Competitive Edge for training, in Atlanta. Same place Iglesias and Bomar went last year.

Unfortunately his knee(s) was so bad he couldn't do anything movement related until March. Added upper body muscle and weight. Tried to rush himself back to make sure he could run, prior to the draft, so the teams would have a '40' time on him. In hindsight, he should have pulled a Crabtree/Seinfeld and chose "not to run".

OU clearing him for the bowl game was probably not in his best interest. But somethings are probably better off left unsaid.

Eielson
12/22/2009, 02:19 PM
I would like to see Bradford go to the Rams. They've put a ton of money into their O-line. Most notably picking Jason Smith with their #2 pick for LT last year, and signing one of the top 5 centers in the off season last year. They have one of the top 3 runningbacks in the league. They have a lot of talented, young wide receivers. They just don't have a stud. If they were to sign Marshall, Jackson, Austin, or Edwards it would be a perfect situation for Bradford.

Eielson
12/22/2009, 02:21 PM
As for Kelly, the mouthing off hurt him more than the 40 time itself.

StoopTroup
12/22/2009, 02:39 PM
Wherever Sam lands...that Team will be lucky to get him.

Mjcpr
12/22/2009, 03:13 PM
Lucky for MK, he has proven all the doubters and naysayers wrong this year. :rolleyes:

SoonerBacker
12/22/2009, 03:26 PM
I can't imagine Cleveland ever being attractive. But there are worse franchises to get stuck with these days.

badger
12/22/2009, 03:31 PM
Send Sammie to St. Louis. It isn't too far away that a few Sooner fans might find a way to a few games :D

Scott D
12/22/2009, 03:34 PM
Seriously does MK even have as many catches this year for the Skins as Josh Jarboe had for Troy?

goingoneight
12/22/2009, 03:49 PM
Lucky for MK, he has proven all the doubters and naysayers wrong this year. :rolleyes:

Evident of course by the wide receiver play in Norman, Ok.

Scott D
12/22/2009, 04:02 PM
Seriously does MK even have as many catches this year for the Skins as Josh Jarboe had for Troy?

people answering this question is srs biz.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
12/22/2009, 04:04 PM
I wish the Cowboys or Texans would trade up for Sam. I think he could be a better qb than what is in place on either team. Give him the year to back up and them give him the job.

rawlingsHOH
12/22/2009, 04:20 PM
I wish the Cowboys or Texans would trade up for Sam. I think he could be a better qb than what is in place on either team. Give him the year to back up and them give him the job.
Romo, ungodly underrated.

Best 4-year to start a playing career by a QB ever. If Sam fares better than that, more power to him!

swardboy
12/22/2009, 08:31 PM
Romo, ungodly underrated.

Best 4-year to start a playing career by a QB ever. If Sam fares better than that, more power to him!

I hope Sam winds up under an excellent QB coach like Jason Garrett appears to be....

VA Sooner
12/22/2009, 10:34 PM
Would love to see Sammie with the 'skins... he'd be just down the road from me. But I agree... after watching the 'skins' o-line being a sieve this year, definitely don't want to see Sammie get run over play after play.

Send him to St. Louis... I'll watch him on TV.