PDA

View Full Version : Lepak injured in practice, questionable for bowl

CaliBornSoonerBred
12/21/2009, 01:41 PM
Bob Stoops said that C Brian Lepak was inj in practice. He is questionable for bowl.

That's the tweet I just received from Sooner Sports. I wonder what the plan will be if he can't play??

goingoneight
12/21/2009, 01:46 PM
It's okay... not like we've had any injuries this season. It's all Kevin Wilson's fault this year, remember?

adoniijahsooner
12/21/2009, 01:46 PM
Bob Stoops said that C Brian Lepak was inj in practice. He is questionable for bowl.

That's the tweet I just received from Sooner Sports. I wonder what the plan will be if he can't play??

Why do they continue to have our o-line face off against McCoy and company in practice?:confused:

Dio
12/21/2009, 01:47 PM
Well, ****!

adoniijahsooner
12/21/2009, 01:48 PM
I sincerely hope this is not spun to be another excuse if we lose the bowl game.

rawlingsHOH
12/21/2009, 01:51 PM
Trent Williams to C, Brandon to LT.

yermom
12/21/2009, 01:52 PM
i think i have some eligibility left :O

i can't wait for this season to be over

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/21/2009, 01:55 PM
i think i have some eligibility left :O

i can't wait for this season to be overhttp://www.newsok.com/berry-tramel-sun-bowl-is-a-no-win-situation-for-ous-bob-stoops/article/3426416?custom_click=email_lead_story_title

OUDoc
12/21/2009, 01:55 PM
Kevin Wilson is suiting up.

adoniijahsooner
12/21/2009, 02:00 PM
http://www.newsok.com/berry-tramel-sun-bowl-is-a-no-win-situation-for-ous-bob-stoops/article/3426416?custom_click=email_lead_story_title

that article is full of ****. It provides the players and coaches with excuse to go out and lay another egg. Whatever happened to pride and a competitive spirit?

adoniijahsooner
12/21/2009, 02:06 PM
I'm hearing that Jeff Vinson may be transferring. ANybody else hearing this?

JLEW1818
12/21/2009, 02:12 PM
can Weis play center?

BoulderSooner79
12/21/2009, 02:21 PM
that article is full of ****. It provides the players and coaches with excuse to go out and lay another egg. Whatever happened to pride and a competitive spirit?

Oh, I'm sure all the players and coaches are photocopying some random sports writer's article so they can mail in this bowl game. :rolleyes:

Partial Qualifier
12/21/2009, 02:30 PM
Trent Williams to center. Jesus H. Christmas.

Has anyone compiled a list of all the OL injuries this year? I'd like to see it. This was ridiculous back in early October. Now it's just ... can't find the words.

:(

adoniijahsooner
12/21/2009, 02:42 PM
Oh, I'm sure all the players and coaches are photocopying some random sports writer's article so they can mail in this bowl game. :rolleyes:

Well you can :rolleyes: all you wish, but there is never a shortage of excuses for why we didnt do this and that in our bowl games. To be honest I wasnt trashing the team, i was trashing the article, but I guess you didnt catch the part where I said "that article is full of ****".

Boomer38Sooner
12/21/2009, 02:47 PM
Stoops also implied that Santa wasn't real.

Poor kids!

BoulderSooner79
12/21/2009, 02:48 PM
Well you can :rolleyes: all you wish, but there is never a shortage of excuses for why we didnt do this and that in our bowl games. To be honest I wasnt trashing the team, i was trashing the article, but I guess you didnt catch the part where I said "this article is full of ****".

I agree the article is trash. The team is all that counts and I can't imagine that this or any other article is going to impact how the team prepares or plays. If they win they win, if they lose they lose. People may fill in the reasons (or excuses for you) after the fact or join their favorite fire-XXX lynch mob. It's all part of the complete entertainment package.

adoniijahsooner
12/21/2009, 02:53 PM
I agree the article is trash. The team is all that counts and I can't imagine that this or any other article is going to impact how the team prepares or plays. If they win they win, if they lose they lose. People may fill in the reasons (or excuses for you) after the fact or join their favorite fire-XXX lynch mob. It's all part of the complete entertainment package.

If we lose the horsepigs must go. Do you agree?:D

BoulderSooner79
12/21/2009, 02:55 PM
If we lose the horsepigs must go. Do you agree?:D

That's reasonable - sacrifices must be made.

OUDoc
12/21/2009, 03:20 PM
Has anyone compiled a list of all the OL injuries this year? I'd like to see it.

The printer fell on the guy who made the list.

He'll have the list to you in 4-6 weeks.

badger
12/21/2009, 03:26 PM
Trent Williams will be the center.

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/article.aspx?subjectid=398&articleid=20091221_92_0_NORMAN374483)

Not that you all didn't realize that already :D

JLEW1818
12/21/2009, 03:28 PM
wow i thought this was a joke

wow

hahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha

Tight Ends at Guard

Tackles at Center

LOL... **** YOU FOOTBALL GODS

OUDoc
12/21/2009, 03:37 PM
Let Landry pick it up and make the Stanford D-line count to three-Mississippi before they can rush.

Problem solved.

12/21/2009, 03:49 PM
that article is full of ****. It provides the players and coaches with excuse to go out and lay another egg. Whatever happened to pride and a competitive spirit?We can hope it lets them (players & coaches) know the fans see that possibility, and say something like "Excuses are BS. Go win, dammit"!

VA Sooner
12/21/2009, 04:18 PM
Sooners by 8 with original o-line.

Sooners by 10 with new o-line.

Sooners with Attitude, not excuses.

BoulderSooner79
12/21/2009, 04:29 PM
We can hope it lets them (players & coaches) know the fans see that possibility, and say something like "Excuses are BS. Go win, dammit"!

That article is garbage and my hope is the team ignores such drivel. That piece claims that the Sun bowl is a no win situation for Bob since it is not a BCS bowl. It looks like a game to me and I believe they will be keeping score. Someone will be declared the winner -- it seems really simple to my feeble brain. IF there are players who are not returning next year that don't really care about the game, then they also don't care what the fans think.

stoopified
12/21/2009, 04:51 PM
Typical Tramel crap.

OUDoc
12/21/2009, 04:56 PM
It's a "no win" in that it won't really help fix Bob's bowl reputation.
So what? It's a game and we should win every time we play.

BoulderSooner79
12/21/2009, 05:26 PM
So what? It's a game and we should win every time we play.

Won't impact his BCS bowl rep, but could help his general post-season or playing away from Norman reputation. And if that statement is not true, then losing it won't hurt either and no one should complain. ;)

humblesooner
12/21/2009, 05:32 PM
The printer fell on the guy who made the list.

He'll have the list to you in 4-6 weeks.

Update: The printer dude is being moved the the CEO's office when he gets back. His golden umbrella fell on his head and he is out indefinitely. It just never stops.

goingoneight
12/21/2009, 06:03 PM
Tramel didn't suggest just mailing it in. He simply stated that in the eyes of his critics, should we go out and win 55-0, nobody will give a rat's arse. If we lose, all hell will break loose as now it would go from not winning the big one to literally being a post-season liability. Think Eli Manning before the 2008 playoffs. Now think of Tony Romo. Smart fans know both of these guys are damn good at what they do, but the two of them have a completely different reputation.

BoulderSooner79
12/21/2009, 06:11 PM
I know Tramel isn't suggesting mail it in. But his suggesting the situation is a no win is silly - but hey, he gets paid to write this stuff. If there is no accomplishment in victory, then there is no cost of defeat and thus no reason to play. Critics will say what the want, but I fully believe Stoops will prepare to his best ability to win and that all the OU fans will watch and cheer. I don't see what else can be read into a game.

12/21/2009, 06:16 PM
So what? It's a game and we should win every time we play.A W could help in recruiting, and that is essential for improvement.

Tear Down This Wall
12/21/2009, 06:20 PM
What's the big deal?

Just flip another tight end in there. We've got plenty, right?

In fact, why even recruit linemen anymore? Just recruit a bunch of tight ends that can all be moved to the offensive line. It worked great in 2005 and 2009.

12/21/2009, 06:34 PM
What's the big deal?

Just flip another tight end in there. We've got plenty, right?

In fact, why even recruit linemen anymore? Just recruit a bunch of tight ends that can all be moved to the offensive line. It worked great in 2005 and 2009.not to worry. Stanford doesn't care about beating us, anyway. They are an egghead institution, and just got lucky whomping on suc and the domers.

boomerborn79
12/21/2009, 07:26 PM
Update: The printer dude is being moved the the CEO's office when he gets back. His golden umbrella fell on his head and he is out indefinitely. It just never stops.

Dude post quickly your on 66* post's. That golden umbrella may fall on your head:D

olevetonahill
12/21/2009, 07:42 PM
Why do they continue to have our o-line face off against McCoy and company in practice?:confused:

Cause Bobs as dumb as a Box of rocks .:rolleyes:

12/21/2009, 08:06 PM
Cause Bobs as dumb as a Box of rocks .:rolleyes:His IQ is similar to "W"s. Effin' Nincompoop Extraordinaire.

soonerinabilene
12/21/2009, 08:43 PM
Cause Bobs as dumb as a Box of rocks .:rolleyes:

heh. nickzepp is jerking it to your post, vet.

olevetonahill
12/21/2009, 08:49 PM
heh. nickzepp is jerking it to your post, vet.

HEH

TXBOOMER
12/21/2009, 09:04 PM
I'm hearing that Jeff Vinson may be transferring. ANybody else hearing this?

Wow! Does anyone know what our O Line numbers are going to be next year?
We need to offer the top five O-Lineman in the State of Oklahoma for depth if nothing else. BFS!

adoniijahsooner
12/21/2009, 10:02 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls09/news/story?id=4762239

Stoops also said offensive lineman Jeff Vinson, a junior college transfer who hadn't played for the Sooners, and receiver Jameel Owens planned to transfer.

bluedogok
12/21/2009, 11:01 PM
It's okay... not like we've had any injuries this season. It's all Kevin Wilson's fault this year, remember?
I thought it was Schmitty's fault :confused:

beer4me
12/22/2009, 08:45 AM
can Weis play center?

Well he proved he can't coach at ND maybe he can play?? :D

VA Sooner
12/22/2009, 10:37 PM
Just need to play well and win the bowl game and put an end to this season.

Go back to Spring ball and train hard.

delhalew
12/23/2009, 04:52 PM
Why would Jameel Owens transfer?

cvsooner
12/23/2009, 05:33 PM
Jameel apparently wants to be closer to home (Muskogee)...his mother is gravely ill, reportedly. He was also a bit miffed early in the season, iirc, for lack of playing time.

birddog
9/23/2010, 09:15 PM
seems like he's doing real well. might have a future in broadcasting...

http://www.soonersports.com/allaccess/index.html?media=196174

goingoneight
9/23/2010, 11:55 PM
But... but... but... if you listen to the Sports Animal, you'd think we aren't going to a bowl!!!

;)

I noticed he started at guard last weekend. Looked good, versatile.

sooner59
9/24/2010, 12:28 AM
seems like he's doing real well. might have a future in broadcasting...

http://www.soonersports.com/allaccess/index.html?media=196174

I hear a lot about Lepak. My fiance is finishing her doctorate in physical therapy at OUHSC and Lepak's dad is actually one of her professors. Apparently he is proud of his son or something. ;)

Boomhauer
9/24/2010, 09:01 AM
I was fortunate enough to be an assistant coach in Claremore when Lepak was there. He is a great person and the smartest kid that I have ever seen academically and on the field. I think his whole family is/has been National Merit Scholars.