PDA

View Full Version : ESPN insider article about Bob

soonerguild
12/20/2009, 07:56 PM
There is an insider article on espn that is title "Jerry Jones interested in Bob Stoops". The first line is all I can read and it says the chris mortenson is reporting that jerry jones will call bob. Thats all it lets me read. Im not asking for free content or anything, but can anyone with insider just give me an idea, ie are they firing wade and coming after bob, so on and so forth.
Any help whould be appreciated.

sooner59
12/20/2009, 08:00 PM
If Jerry did, I think the first thing that would happen would be Switzer having a little talk with Bob about what he would be getting himself into and what he what be giving up (ie power, respect by his boss, job security, etc.). That is the one job Switzer would be the best to talk about with.

bluedogok
12/20/2009, 08:04 PM
They mentioned it this morning on the ESPN morning NFL show, there might be a clip on there about it.

tanjou
12/20/2009, 08:10 PM
The article goes on to say "this guy that knows the mechanic that rotated Jones' tires last year was overheard talking about Jerry Jones making a phone call to someone with the last name Stoopson,' which sounds kind of like 'Stoops' if you hear it over Skype."

And then you've already lost your ten bucks or whatever an Insider subscription costs.

PLaw
12/20/2009, 08:54 PM
I think Bob is smart enough to realize that Mr. Jones is no Mr. Castiglione. I'm not sure the entire state of Texas is big enough to hold Mr. Jones' ego. That Arky can hold his own with any obnoxious texan. Stoops and Jones are the epitomy of oil and water.

BOOMER

IronHorseSooner
12/20/2009, 09:03 PM
Stoops and Jones are the epitomy of oil and water.

BOOMER

I just used this analogy to a buddy of mine no more than 20 minutes ago. Jerry would tell him who he needed to draft, and then Bob would tell him where he could put it. In this case, both The King and The Ol' Ball Coach would tell him that it's not worth it. Plus, Bob's putting together a masterpiece of a class.

the_ouskull
12/20/2009, 09:08 PM
The article goes on to say "this guy that knows the mechanic that rotated Jones' tires last year was overheard talking about Jerry Jones making a phone call to someone with the last name Stoopson,' which sounds kind of like 'Stoops' if you hear it over Skype."

And then you've already lost your ten bucks or whatever an Insider subscription costs.

Roughly $20/year. In other words, if you're a fan of sports, worth it. Most football stuff is crap, though. Rarely are those articles as worth it as the other sports' articles are.

the_ouskull

TXBOOMER
12/20/2009, 09:21 PM
Stoops would have zero tolerance for pro athletes. I would be shocked if he ever takes an NFL head coaching job. I hope Phillips tells him to shove the job if he offers him an extension.

Fraggle145
12/20/2009, 09:57 PM
Man ESPN really seems to have a hard on for getting Stoops out of OU this year doesnt it?

delhalew
12/20/2009, 10:04 PM
I think it has to do with Stoops' past problems with the national media, particularly ESPN. They are just being petty and giving rumors, that always pop up, extra legs.

Scott D
12/20/2009, 10:15 PM
The first line is all I can read and it says the chris mortenson is reporting that jerry jones will call bob.
Any help whould be appreciated.

If I had a dollar for every time chris mortensen 'reported' something that was flat out wrong, I'd have as much money as Bill Gates.

PLaw
12/20/2009, 11:54 PM
I used to live and die with Dandy Don, Bob Lilly, Leroy, Too Tall, Roger the Dodger, Bullit Bob, Walt the realy Cowboy, Calvin Hill, Billy Joe, Chuck Howley, Troy my Boy, Emmit, Jay Novacek, and the rest. But when an oil man decided that writing the checks made him more knowledgable about the game than the football man, I threw in the towel. I don't care if Mr. Jones ever wins another play-off game.

Long live the memory of Mr. Murchison, Tex, Gil, and Mr. Landry. Mr. Jones, you will never measure up to the standard set by these four.

BOOMER and How 'bout them boys?

ouduckhunter
12/21/2009, 01:03 AM
I think Bob is smart enough to realize that Mr. Jones is no Mr. Castiglione. I'm not sure the entire state of Texas is big enough to hold Mr. Jones' ego. That Arky can hold his own with any obnoxious texan. Stoops and Jones are the epitomy of oil and water.

BOOMER

Ditto!!

Jerry Jones is a creepy guy to say the least!! He is one face lift away from looking through his a$$hole! Years ago when he first came to Dallas and took over as the owner, he instantly got a rep as a big time womanizer. I had a very close, long time friend, who allegedly worked with a girl who allegedly was his girl, if you know what I mean!! Even the alleged girl friend knew he was a creep, but with his kind of money, you can buy pretty much whatever you want. I don't see Stoops falling for this low life though! Stoops is too smart, and too independent to have Jerry breathing over his shoulder, calling plays, etc!

Crucifax Autumn
12/21/2009, 01:09 AM
I don't know why Jerry doesn't just get it over with and name himself head coach.

sooner59
12/21/2009, 02:23 AM
I don't know why Jerry doesn't just get it over with and name himself head coach.

Just wait. Its gonna happen.

Easting
12/21/2009, 09:02 AM
Jerry Jones is a snake anyway. I wouldn't want to work for him.

Uqg3Pg2M9WU

Sonner magic923
12/21/2009, 10:05 AM
In a segment on Colin Cowherd's ESPN radio show The Herd on Friday, Chris Mortensen said that Jerry Jones could have "some interesting surprise" in store as the Dallas Cowboys' next coach, assuming Wade Phillips does not return, as expected. "I think a Bob Stoops or one of these guys is gonna be in his discussion," Mortensen said, reminding listeners that the Cowboys won Super Bowls with former college coaches Jimmy Johnson and Barry Switzer.

Mort added that part of Jones' thinking is that he has incurred a lot of debt in building Cowboys Stadium and may not want to write a big check for an established superstar NFL coach. (Though Mort then said that he was not ruling out Bill Cowher or Jeff Fisher from Jones' plans.)

There is another, non-Mort report on the 'Net that Jones will also reach out to LSU coach Les Miles, who is a former Cowboys assistant. It would no doubt thrill Tigers fans if Miles said yes.

UPDATE: Mort reiterated his radio comments in a pair of Saturday tweets (here and here), then Oklahoma media began to pick up on it. Guerin Emig of the Tulsa World says he can't see it happening, but David Ubben of The Oklahoman thinks that Stoops would have to listen.

heres the whole thing i dont pay for insider but i do have a subscription to The mag so im an insider

Sonner magic923
12/21/2009, 10:06 AM
this was on there too

DT Gerald McCoy is leaving school; CB Dominique Franks and DT Adrian Taylor had previously announced that they would be staying. That leaves three Sooners yet to decide their immediate futures: RB DeMarco Murray, DE Jeremy Beal and OLB Travis Lewis.

We told you last week that Murray seems to be leaning toward leaving, even though he would be a low-second-round pick at best. Beal and Lewis aren't on Mel Kiper's top five juniors list nor on the Scouts, Inc. top 100, but Lewis, a redshirt sophomore, may be regarded more highly. He had a standout freshman year but was not as productive this season, suggesting he could use a third year on the field in Norman.

XingTheRubicon
12/21/2009, 10:17 AM
There is another, non-Mort report on the 'Net that Jones will also reach out to LSU coach Les Miles, who is a former Cowboys assistant. It would no doubt thrill Tigers fans if Miles said yes.

This always cracks me up. LSU has had about 4 seasons in history better than last year. They're historically the 6th best team in their conference.

LSU fans are so ****ing delusional.

IronHorseSooner
12/21/2009, 10:49 AM
this was on there too

DT Gerald McCoy is leaving school; CB Dominique Franks and DT Adrian Taylor had previously announced that they would be staying. That leaves three Sooners yet to decide their immediate futures: RB DeMarco Murray, DE Jeremy Beal and OLB Travis Lewis.

We told you last week that Murray seems to be leaning toward leaving, even though he would be a low-second-round pick at best. Beal and Lewis aren't on Mel Kiper's top five juniors list nor on the Scouts, Inc. top 100, but Lewis, a redshirt sophomore, may be regarded more highly. He had a standout freshman year but was not as productive this season, suggesting he could use a third year on the field in Norman.

I still think DM needs to come back, as does Travis Lewis; however, his family situation makes him a great possibility to leave. I have no clue about Beal, but he likely stays.

soonerguild
12/21/2009, 11:13 AM
If beal and lewis stay our defense will be nasty next year.