PDA

View Full Version : Sooner stuff in the attic...

okiedokie
12/20/2009, 07:12 PM
I was up in the attic today, thanks to the wife. Happen to come across a box with some old OU stuff...... a couple flags , pennant, a piece of commemorative bleacher... Not sure why I ordered that? ha ha just love them sooners.

Anyways just wondering if anyone else had ever done the same? maybe find some old OU gear that was long forgotten?

bluedogok
12/20/2009, 07:17 PM
I have a few items, an old bottle with an "Oklahoma Fire Water" label and an old plastic sign with magnets that is still stuck to the fridge. Most of those items are from the mid to late 70's. I did just throw away a 1985 National Championship plastic cup from the stadium during the 1986 season, it finally broke.

AlbqSooner
12/20/2009, 07:35 PM
I am fairly sure my ex-wife went through the attic after I left.

SeattleOUstudent
12/20/2009, 08:22 PM
I was up in the attic today, thanks to the wife. Happen to come across a box with some old OU stuff...... a couple flags , pennant, a piece of commemorative bleacher... Not sure why I ordered that? ha ha just love them sooners.

Anyways just wondering if anyone else had ever done the same? maybe find some old OU gear that was long forgotten?

:eek: can you stand on it?

IronHorseSooner
12/20/2009, 09:09 PM
This reminds me that I need to get out my Sooners Christmas trainset, complete with a snowy version of The Fock! God, I love my Yankee wife!

TXBOOMER
12/20/2009, 09:11 PM
Found a Switzer poster from McDonalds from the 80's in my mom and dads garage a couple of years ago. I framed it and hung it in my office.

SwitzerIsMyKing
12/20/2009, 09:22 PM
I'd like to buy that Switzer poster. How much?

TXBOOMER
12/26/2009, 11:10 PM
I'd like to buy that Switzer poster. How much?

I put it in a frame and have it hanging in my home office. I think I'll hang on to it for now.

King Barry's Back
12/26/2009, 11:27 PM
Good lord, I have LOADS of Sooner/College Football stuff, especially pennants. None of it is forgotten though, especially the Sooner stuff.

Probably the prized possession is an official game pennant from the 1976 Orange Bowl, where we beat Michigan to win the National Champtionship. Some family friends went to the game and brought that back to me.

It hung on my bedroom wall through the rest of the 70s, and disappeared when we moved.

I rediscovered it when I was living in the dorms at OU, and I reposted it on my wall there. I was fortunate enough to add two more Orange Bowl pennants to make a nice collection while I was living in that dorm room, but I bought those two myself at the games.

And one of those was another National Championship.

Guess it's finally time to whittle down some of the collection though. Need to learn how to sell on eBay, I guess.

soonerspudman
12/27/2009, 09:41 PM
Gotta ball signed by what I believe was the 1969 team, has all my childhood heroes, Owens, Warmack, Hinton, Zabel, etc... Also have a chinstrap that was signed by Owens back in the day but you can't read it any more.

Used to buy a pennant at every home game back then, had about twenty teams including all of the big 8, also used to have the Oklahoman articles of every game during the season leading up to the game of the decade w/Nebraska, also had a great poster of Mildren captioned "The Big Red Machine Rolls On To #1, no idea what happened to all of that stuff.