PDA

View Full Version : Fat guy with an OU flag

MI Sooner
12/19/2009, 11:45 PM
Anyone who went to games in the late 90s remember the fat guy that used to run around the concourse between the first and second tiers of the LNC during a key second half timeout?

He seems like the type of guy that might even post on an OU hoops board ten years later.

SoonerGrant
12/20/2009, 12:18 AM
Yea I remember that guy. I miss him and Top Dawg..

Soonerus
12/20/2009, 12:20 AM
I miss Underdawg...

John Kochtoston
12/20/2009, 03:34 AM
You'd think he might, yes.

OKC-SLC
12/20/2009, 10:41 PM
Anyone who went to games in the late 90s remember the fat guy that used to run around the concourse between the first and second tiers of the LNC during a key second half timeout?

He seems like the type of guy that might even post on an OU hoops board ten years later.

he used to run around to each section and roll his hand up to his ear to get the crowd to make noise, right? is that the guy?

he was huge. he might be dead.

Frozen Sooner
12/20/2009, 10:47 PM
Or, quite possibly, he's lurking in this very thread...waiting...watching...

NormanPride
12/21/2009, 09:59 AM
No, probably dead.

;)

Overtime
12/21/2009, 04:12 PM
I'm trying to figure out if you're talking about my friend Grant or not. Was he in Kelvin's Krew? Did he like to take his shirt off while the opposing team took free throws? Did he have a third nipple? Was he asked to stop? Was it talked about on the Sports Animal a couple times? I think this was more like 2001, so it may be a different guy.

I would know better except I was not cool like my friends and was busy studying and stuff. There were a bunch of guys from the Wesley Foundation on the Krew, and I remember our campus minister got onto them once or twice for saying things like "Sutton's drunk," etc., not being a loving Christian witness and all that.

LRoss
12/21/2009, 05:27 PM
Why do so many ministers etc. think it's so wrong to laugh and have fun? Oh well. . . .

KABOOKIE
12/21/2009, 07:37 PM
I miss stat girl from the mid to late 90's.

Stat girl used to walk from one side of the court to the other passing out the player stats to each media person. She had gazoongas the size of basketballs.

Overtime
12/21/2009, 10:00 PM
Why do so many ministers etc. think it's so wrong to laugh and have fun? Oh well. . . .

Laughing and having fun isn't the issue; it's the laughing and having fun at the expense of others while twisting the knife in their deepest personal struggles. Obviously different people see these things differently.

John Kochtoston
12/22/2009, 01:49 AM

Stat girl used to walk from one side of the court to the other passing out the player stats to each media person. She had gazoongas the size of basketballs.

Oh, dear Lord, this.

Soonerborn03
12/22/2009, 04:54 AM

Stat girl used to walk from one side of the court to the other passing out the player stats to each media person. She had gazoongas the size of basketballs.On the money here. Somehow, I had forgotten all about her.

To OU's credit, they have done quite well for themselves in recruiting solid talent for that "stat girl" job each year.

Sooner24
12/22/2009, 09:51 AM
Leave it to someone talking about giant gazoongas to wake 03 from his long winters nap. :D

Mad Dog Madsen
12/22/2009, 02:56 PM
:D

Petro-Sooner
12/22/2009, 06:33 PM
I'm trying to figure out if you're talking about my friend Grant or not. Was he in Kelvin's Krew? Did he like to take his shirt off while the opposing team took free throws? Did he have a third nipple? Was he asked to stop? Was it talked about on the Sports Animal a couple times? I think this was more like 2001, so it may be a different guy.

I would know better except I was not cool like my friends and was busy studying and stuff. There were a bunch of guys from the Wesley Foundation on the Krew, and I remember our campus minister got onto them once or twice for saying things like "Sutton's drunk," etc., not being a loving Christian witness and all that.

I remember that guy. It was very embarrassing. Joe C. got onto him once.

the_ouskull
12/22/2009, 08:18 PM

I have never 1) forgotten about her, and 2) forgiven my ex girlfriend for not introducing me to her.

If I still had some of those sheets, I'd smell them right now. Ah, decomposing paper that once touched hot hands.

As for the other, if my memory serves me correctly, this "fat guy" to which you are referring had a predilection towards "Jump Around" and the "Y.M.C.A." Those two seemed to set him off the most. I wonder what ever happened to that dude. Whatever it is, I'll bet it's not sports-related. That guy probably got married during college, and started an internet company. Those guys from Kelvin's Krew's first few years were a weird bunch of guys. Great fans, though.

the_ouskull