PDA

View Full Version : What Will Mack Do? Whorn DWI Charges Dropped

TXBOOMER
12/19/2009, 08:16 PM
Check it out.

AUSTIN, Texas (AP)
The No. 2 Texas Longhorns could have speedy kick returner D.J. Monroe back for the national championship game against No. 1 Alabama.

Monroe has been suspended indefinitely since being arrested on a charge of drunken driving in November. On Friday, the DWI charge was dropped as part of a plea agreement in which he pleaded guilty to obstruction of a passageway. He received deferred adjudication.

The story was first reported by the Austin American-Statesman.

The final hurdle in clearing his status was a meeting with coach Mack Brown, which was expected over the weekend or early in the week.

Monroe set a school record by returning two kickoffs for touchdowns this season. He also had 110 yards rushing on 20 carries. He's missed the last three games.

sooner ngintunr
12/19/2009, 08:19 PM
LOL, what will Mack do...

He'll let him play would be my guess.

If Mack wasn't their coach, I wouldn't hate them as much. I would still hate them and root for them lose everytime, but really, I just can't stand slappy mack.

TXBOOMER
12/19/2009, 08:21 PM
I would be focking shocked if he doesn't play. How often are DWI charges dropped on young black men in Austin that are not whorns? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

sooner ngintunr
12/19/2009, 08:23 PM
I would be focking shocked if he doesn't play. How often are DWI charges dropped on young black men in Austin that are not whorns? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

in all fairness, all charges weren't dropped, they are just postponed, waiting until after the MNC game for his sentence. what a crock of shiit.

TXBOOMER
12/19/2009, 08:25 PM
It says the DWI charge was dropped in a plea to accept the lesser charge of obstruction of a passageway..

Leroy Lizard
12/19/2009, 08:33 PM
How does one get a DUI charge dropped?

Sure, I can convince the police at the time of the arrest that I am not drunk. But once they have enough goods on me to make the arrest stick, what does it take to get the charges dropped a month after the fact?

sooner ngintunr
12/19/2009, 08:35 PM

Sure, I can convince the police at the time of the arrest that I am not drunk. But once they have enough goods on me to make the arrest stick, what does it take to get the charges dropped a month after the fact?

It happens when youre a whorn in austin when they make it to the MNC game.

If it were the cotton bowl, these charges aint dropped, no freakin way.

yermom
12/19/2009, 08:57 PM
or he took a deal or got leniency or something

AlbqSooner
12/20/2009, 12:44 AM
He pled to a lesser charge. A deferred adjudication, in Oklahoma, is referred to as a deferred sentence. You plead today and the Court withholds sentencing for a year. A year later you come before the Court and, assuming you have stayed out of trouble, the Judge asks if you would like to withdraw your previous plea of guilty. You say yes and the Court orders the case dismissed. In most cases the Court also expunges the records.

This is a fairly common arrangement for those who have never been in trouble. However it is NOT that common in DUI cases. Not since MADD got all active and chit.

The down side to this kind of plea is that if you get in trouble before theyear is up, for example after 11 months, the State will move to accelerate sentencing and you may have to do the whole year in jail. You do, however get to play in the MNC game if you are a whorn.

Go Down, Moses
12/20/2009, 01:00 AM
I see Urban Meyer announced that Dunlap is back (after being suspended for ONE game) after being found asleep in his car at 3:45 in the morning at a traffic light.

Strict disciplinarians, these guys are.

Funky G
12/20/2009, 02:18 AM
Mack is full of ****.

Flagstaffsooner
12/20/2009, 05:59 AM
plea agreement in which he pleaded guilty to obstruction of a passageway.

What the hell is that? Did he stick his Johnson in Mack's pooper?

soonerloyal
12/20/2009, 08:30 AM
And all we (wrongly) hear from these turds is "Dirty Program!" "Cheaters!" "Criminals!"

Stoops sometimes gives boys who are guilty of some dumbarse behavior a second chance - and without exception if they blow it, they are kicked into orbit and out of the program. Does Brown? Does Urban? Yeeeeee-NO.

1890MilesToNorman
12/20/2009, 08:45 AM
LOL, what will Mack do...

He'll let him play would be my guess.

If Mack wasn't their coach, I wouldn't hate them as much. I would still hate them and root for them lose everytime, but really, I just can't stand slappy mack.

My apologies ngintunr for my post yesterday, I didn't mean to attack you but it came across that way. :O

StoopTroup
12/20/2009, 10:25 AM
in all fairness, all charges weren't dropped, they are just postponed, waiting until after the MNC game for his sentence. what a crock of shiit.

You have to admit...it does help if you have a good attorney though. He'd probably be screwed if Lid was helping him. :D

IronHorseSooner
12/20/2009, 10:51 AM
The answer to this thread should have been "abso-freaking-lutley nothing." Mack, Petey, and Meyer can have criminals and paid athletes playing for them, and absolutely nothing will happen. Why you ask? Just look at the fanbases- SoCal, Texas, and Florida. Those are three of the largest markets in the country. Sanctioning them means losing a large revenue stream. The problem is that there is no transparency within these programs, nor with the NCAA. Again I say that is the reason why the NCAA would set up shop outside of Norman, Stillwater, or Tuscaloosa, if they could.

RedstickSooner
12/20/2009, 12:00 PM

Actually, wasn't he arrested while asleep in his car at a light? This seems to me like an interesting plea, because fact is, he *wasn't* caught driving drunk. He was caught parked drunk at an intersection.

Sure, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to deduce that he had to have driven drunk to get his car into the intersection where he parked it... But if you wanted to bust him for what he was literally caught doing, this plea agreement is precisely right.

'Course, if it had been NPD with one of our kids, he would've been convicted on drunken driving, expired tags, no seat belt, driving too far below the speed limit, *and* obstruction of a passageway.

Flagstaffsooner
12/20/2009, 12:22 PM
As I remember, Mack has a few DUIs himself.