PDA

View Full Version : OU vs. Northern Col

Collier11
12/19/2009, 01:52 PM
First let me say, we are playing like crap...down 2 with 1 min left in first half, Cade Davis has 6 threes and 20 first half pts though which is a plus.

Just to get away from the name, this team is decent that we are playing. They have beaten Hawaii, Air Force, and Colorado st, certainly not a juggernaut but they are decent at 9-2.

We need to cut this crap out though, if we play this way against Utep and Gonzaga they will beat us like a drum, not to mention conference is coming up fast

Collier11
12/19/2009, 01:53 PM
It is pretty easy to figure out, when we dont play D we struggle and when we D up we play pretty well. At the half we are down 40-39.

badger
12/19/2009, 02:05 PM
I just found the game on tee vee... argh, I can't believe I missed the first half for some lame ESPN fluff piece on Miami football :mad:

Ah well, I was only half paying attention anyways - it's laundry day.

Not knowing what happened in the first half, I'm not sure I like the fact that our team is down to a team from Northern Colorado :mad:

Frozen Sooner
12/19/2009, 02:27 PM
I'm pretty impressed our guys responded as well as they did to Northern Colorado's run. I mean, I'm not happy that Northern Colorado WENT on that run, but this team would have packed it in after that earlier in the year.

For a while there, everything those guys threw up went in. Our guys couldn't hit the broad side of a barn from the inside.

Cade's been impressive. I'm very worried about how much we rely on the three-point shot.

badger
12/19/2009, 02:28 PM
I like seeing Ryan Wright dunk :D

Frozen Sooner
12/19/2009, 02:29 PM
Willie's trying to shoot us out of this game...

badger
12/19/2009, 02:38 PM
Willie's trying to shoot us out of this game...

He must be extremely frustrated today... someone give him a body massage.

Frozen Sooner
12/19/2009, 02:44 PM
The defensive effort is much better in the second half as opposed to the last 10 minutes of the first. Odd, that. Our defense gets better and we get better shots. :D

Still need better effort switching screens.

1890MilesToNorman
12/19/2009, 02:50 PM
Score ?

TIA

badger
12/19/2009, 02:52 PM
Their shooter just hit a 3. We're up by 5 with 28 seconds to go.

badger
12/19/2009, 02:53 PM
80-75 with 28.8 left, rather.

The horse pig is wearing a Santa outfit.

LOL @ their coach when he got called for a techie.

Basically, the refs just had enough when Crock Pot pwn3d one of their players down low... blocked the eff outta a shot, after the player tried to jump into him. no foul called. lulz.

Frozen Sooner
12/19/2009, 02:53 PM
Jeepers. Can't put these guys away. Cade needs to hit his dang FTs-for whatever reason, I'm no longer as confident as I once was when he's on the stripe.

badger
12/19/2009, 02:54 PM
**** **** BITCH DAMN *** HELL

(did any of those words make it by the filter?)

EDIT: I thought that we turned over the balll... turns out it was a foul call. n/m

Frozen Sooner
12/19/2009, 02:54 PM
80-75 with 28.8 left, rather.

The horse pig is wearing a Santa outfit.

LOL @ their coach when he got called for a techie.

Basically, the refs just had enough when Crock Pot pwn3d one of their players down low... blocked the eff outta a shot, after the player tried to jump into him. no foul called. lulz.

He had a pretty legit gripe on Wright's stuff being goaltending, but then they got the exact same call on the other end.

Frozen Sooner
12/19/2009, 02:55 PM
OMFG.

badger
12/19/2009, 02:55 PM
DAMN... HELL...

:mad:

80-79 with a few secs to go

Frozen Sooner
12/19/2009, 02:56 PM
Jesus christ on a jumped up hockey stick.

badger
Tommy got fouled. 5.2 secs to go. If Mason-Griffin misses, he is henceforth getting the "Griffin" part dropped from all future references :mad:

(actually, I guess that would make more sense for him to keep that part)

Collier11
Wow we almost blew that, alot to learn from with this game but a W is a W

Frozen Sooner
12/19/2009, 02:57 PM
I'm going to punch free throws in the throat.

badger
12/19/2009, 02:57 PM
CADE 4 TEH WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/1761/cadess.png

I'm gonna fark this somehow to reflect his superhero-ness saving of the game and thus, the season :D

Frozen Sooner
12/19/2009, 02:58 PM
Tommy got fouled. 5.2 secs to go. If Mason-Griffin misses, he is henceforth getting the "Griffin" part dropped from all future references :mad:

(actually, I guess that would make more sense for him to keep that part)

It really did look like Blake was up there.

IronHorseSooner
12/19/2009, 02:59 PM
This team needs to do A LOT of practice at the FT line. For a team that starts 4 guards and a big who can shoot, FTs shouldn't be the problem that they are.

badger
12/19/2009, 03:13 PM
04's vital signs should be returning right about now... I look forward to his recap.

King Crimson
12/19/2009, 03:17 PM
it's a poorly kept secret in the Denver/Boulder area that this UNC team pretty much had their way prison style with Colorado in a pre-season scrimmage. they are 4-0 on the road against the MWC thus far this year. Tad Boyle was also a Larry Brown era Jayhawk player for those of you who go back to Tubbs' Sooners. former Turgeon assistant at Wich. St.

still, the last couple minutes from us were horrifyingly bad. we couldn't have tried harder to give it away.

kc sooner
12/19/2009, 03:21 PM
I'm just worried we aren't getting any better, we should be getting better and able to close games out better, also not letting Northern Colorado go on a run like that in the first half, I don't know what to think about this team, and it seems Willie does not try hard unless it's a name opponent. I don't know, somebody make me feel better about this season.

IronHorseSooner
12/19/2009, 03:43 PM
It just looks like Willie is putting too much on his shoulders. None of his shots seemed to be within the flow of the game. Crock, TMG, and Cade were producing, but Willie continued to jack up 25 footers. Right now, Crock is looking more like an NBA prospect than Willie.

StoopTroup
12/19/2009, 04:05 PM
How many more Seasons do you all give Jeff at OU?

Collier11
12/19/2009, 04:16 PM
LOL

soonervegas
12/19/2009, 04:41 PM
I worry about this teams mental toughness when they will get punched in the mouth 3 times every 7 days. Maybe it will be good for them.....it may not start out pretty though.

At Baylor
Oklahoma State
Missouri
At Texas A&M
At Tech

Those 1st 5 may go a long way towards determing how our season goes.

SoonerShark
12/19/2009, 04:46 PM
Jeepers. Can't put these guys away. Cade needs to hit his dang FTs-for whatever reason, I'm no longer as confident as I once was when he's on the stripe.

He may be a lot more fatigued since he has to do so much this year, which means he will have to give free throws a bit more focus. Nobody has declared that Crocker and Davis need to go elsewhere in the last few games, have they?

Collier11
12/19/2009, 04:58 PM
I worry about this teams mental toughness when they will get punched in the mouth 3 times every 7 days. Maybe it will be good for them.....it may not start out pretty though.

At Baylor
Oklahoma State
Missouri
At Texas A&M
At Tech

Those 1st 5 may go a long way towards determing how our season goes.

Honestly, from what ive seen so far, if we come out of that 2-3 or 3-2 I will be OK with that

bri
12/19/2009, 05:10 PM
More and more, I'm convinced Willie is going to be our undoing this season. He sees the other guys playing and getting points in the flow of the offense, playing like a team, then he throws his little fit and jacks up ill-advised shots and then gets scored on at the other end 'cause he's still moping about not getting his on offense. I can think of about four guys who are more important to the team right now, just off the top of my head.

Sooner98
12/19/2009, 05:40 PM
With about a minute left and up by I think 8 points, and we were heading to the free throw line, I had put on my coat and turned to talk to my girlfriend and another friend I was with about something else, assuming we were about to run out the clock. Shortly thereafter, without having paid any attention to the game for just a bit, I looked up and saw that we were ahead by THREE, followed by Crocker clanging the front end of a one-and-one, followed by a basket by UNC to cut it to one. A gigantic "WTF JUST HAPPENED?" was in order.

bri
12/19/2009, 06:26 PM
Yeah, it was pucker time. We were ready to blame our producer, 'cause right before our turnover on the inbounds he made a joke about everyone being ready for overtime. Guh.

tulsaoilerfan
12/19/2009, 06:42 PM
So evidently Capel's not too happy with Willie after today's game; i read he sat out the last 23 seconds of the game

bri
12/19/2009, 06:46 PM
Yep. Makes sense; if we can see how detrimental WW's attitude & lack of performance is, then you know coach can too.

Linky (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/colleges/oklahoma/stories/122009dnspooumen.28ed5c6.html)

Warren, who received honorable mention on the preseason All-America team, had only four points and five turnovers and found himself benched by Capel for the final 23 seconds with the game on the line. Capel said he was "tired of trying to figure him out," and chose not to elaborate when asked for specifics.

"I'm not trying to figure out anything," Capel said before walking out of his postgame news conference. "You figure it out."

Overtime
12/19/2009, 10:18 PM
Wow, I was surprised to see such negative language from Capel. I hope he and WW can work through this. He's got to learn when to take shots and when not to, cause it seems like he does the exact wrong thing more often than not. There was one nice pass he made out to Crocker today though, which we need to see more of. I think they'll get it figured out eventually.

stoopified
12/20/2009, 11:00 AM
While I am just as apalled at our D as everyone else is (including Capel)I would like topoint a few things out:

1) IF we hit OUr normal FT(think of all those missed FRONT END of 1 & 1's) we win by double digits.
2) This was OUr first game after a week layoff.I expect we will be much sharper against UTEP.
3)At 9-3 N.Colorado was the BEST team we have played thus far(at least record-wise).
4) As disappointed as we may be at how we have played as a whole,we are still on track to finish 11-3 in non-con.
4)Capel is still hard at work to make this team better.

Collier11
12/20/2009, 11:02 AM
in addition, WW hasnt really played well all year, Gallon is still figuring out how to stay out of foul trouble, our bench is basically 2 deep lately, a win is a win