PDA

View Full Version : Christmas present for the wife

OUHOMER
12/19/2009, 11:30 AM
OK, I am down to less than a week to get something for the wife. I know, I know, But normally i get it about 2 days before Christmas.

So I am not procrastinating this year. Unless I don't run out before Monday and get it.

Anyway, we are going shopping for one of her items today. yes, she picked it out, because, I suck at it. i would end up getting the wrong item, yada yada yada.

But I think i am going to get her one of those digital picture frames. She has been wanting one for years. So now is the time..

Anybody have one, I see there are a bunch to choice from.

1890MilesToNorman
12/19/2009, 11:34 AM
We got Mom one last year, the thing just collects dust now. There are 3 or 4 hundred pictures on it but she never uses it?

OUHOMER
12/19/2009, 11:37 AM
We got Mom one last year, the thing just collects dust now. There are 3 or 4 hundred pictures on it but she never uses it?

LOL, she can stack it next to all the Christmas presents I have gotten her over the last 32 years :O

StoopTroup
12/19/2009, 11:46 AM

For Christmas go download it all...pick out some of the really good ones and have them printed. Put the rest on two discs or flash drives and then put the prints in an album so she can thumb through them. Then tell her the camera is empty and that she should take some more pictures.

YWIA

Merry Christmas from ST :D :pop:

1890MilesToNorman
12/19/2009, 11:49 AM
How does that reduce the dust on the digital thingy? :D

OUHOMER
12/19/2009, 11:56 AM
For Christmas go download it all...pick out some of the really good ones and have them printed. Put the rest on two discs or flash drives and then put the prints in an album so she can thumb through them. Then tell her the camera is empty and that she should take some more pictures.

YWIA

Merry Christmas from ST :D :pop:

You do realize how close to Christmas is , right. Did you not see that when I get around to this I will be out of time?

Its got to be bought, wrapped, throw it under tree.

Frozen Sooner
12/19/2009, 11:57 AM
Be careful about the picture frames. I remember a couple of years ago a bunch were coming from the factory preloaded with virii.

OUHOMER
12/19/2009, 12:01 PM
what the hell is that?

GottaHavePride
12/19/2009, 02:55 PM
viruses. computer viruses.

setem
12/19/2009, 02:59 PM
You know the best gifts are simple one!

STEP 1 - Cut a hole in a box!

Step 2 - Put your junk in the box!

Step 3 - Make her open the box!

The rest is golden!

StoopTroup
12/19/2009, 03:11 PM
You do realize how close to Christmas is , right. Did you not see that when I get around to this I will be out of time?

Its got to be bought, wrapped, throw it under tree.

If you really loved her you would do it. :D ;)

RacerX
12/19/2009, 08:36 PM
JCPenney's has OU gear on sale.

What more could a person need?

OUHOMER
12/20/2009, 09:15 AM

The rest is golden!

well, you try it, let me know what your boyfriend thinks.

Lott's Bandana
12/20/2009, 10:51 AM
Two words: Howzit.

picasso
12/20/2009, 11:51 AM
My sis got my parents one of those years ago and it's now a dust collector. Me being an artist and a framer am one to think that you can't go wrong with a real picture in a real frame.

That or buy her a gift card to a spa.

stoopified
12/20/2009, 12:47 PM

The rest is golden!I suggested that sort of thing to my wife and she showed me her id card as President of the Lorraine Bobbit fan club. :D

GOOD LUCK WITH THAT PLAN.

badger
12/20/2009, 01:47 PM
http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/c/0/0/84/2/AAAADJ1gzUEAAAAAAIQruA.jpg
The OU snuggie.

proud gonzo
12/20/2009, 03:35 PM
oh good lord.

badger
12/20/2009, 04:08 PM
oh good lord.

They're at the "As Seen on TV" store at the Promenade Mall here in Tulsa... they also have the OSU variety there.

Jacie
12/20/2009, 10:22 PM
The Snuggie seems stupid . . . till you get one.

proud gonzo
12/20/2009, 11:08 PM
They don't just seem stupid, they ARE stupid. If you want to be warmer, turn up the heat. Or get a blanket. If you need sleeves, put on some more clothes and don't buy a goddamn snuggie.

Crucifax Autumn
12/20/2009, 11:13 PM
They're at the "As Seen on TV" store at the Promenade Mall here in Tulsa... they also have the OSU variety there.

The OSU one is an exclusive made of 100% sheepskin.

texas bandman
12/20/2009, 11:27 PM
We have a couple of the digital frames and display them prominently in our house. We bought one for my mother-in-law last year and she just broughtb the SD card to us to update her frame with current pictures of her grandsons...it's like having a picture album without all the bulk and paper.

Partial Qualifier
12/21/2009, 10:26 AM
They don't just seem stupid, they ARE stupid. If you want to be warmer, turn up the heat. Or get a blanket. If you need sleeves, put on some more clothes and don't buy a goddamn snuggie.

This.

Homer, make sure your digital picture frame comes with an AC adapter. I'm sure they all do nowadays, but still.

Once the batteries die, the DPF is of those things that does a great job of collecting dust. :)

badger
12/21/2009, 11:19 AM
The Snuggie seems stupid . . . till you get one.

This, not that (what was posted above).

While the slanket/snuggie/etc can be a little prone to static because that's what fleece does during dry weather, it was incredibly comfy and useful during vidya game playin' last night.

I know it looks like a backwards robe. I know it looks like you're a member of some type of gospel choir cult. But... it's so warm and cozy :D

StoopTroup
12/21/2009, 11:35 AM
A new bottle brush is always a big hit at Christmas. I did a lawnmower one year but you have to wait so long to see them use it.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31hPwDMVUXL._AA280_.jpg

StoopTroup
12/21/2009, 11:37 AM

People are naked under them?

GottaHavePride
12/21/2009, 11:35 PM
People are naked under them?

http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/c/0/0/84/2/AAAADJ1gzUEAAAAAAIQruA.jpg
The OU snuggie.

Or dear jeebus, please tell me that "Heart, Hustle, Hardwood" logo is HILARIOUSLY placed on that snuggie...

RacerX
1/3/2010, 10:55 PM
http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/7472/image005hc.jpg

Curly Bill
1/3/2010, 11:02 PM
I got a Snuggie.

I like it. :O

It makes nappy time in the ol recliner that much more enjoyable. :D

OUinFLA
1/3/2010, 11:31 PM
I found out this year that Circle K never closes, even on Christmas eve.
It makes a dandy place to get that perfect present at the last minute for someone you really love.

Im about recoverd now and expect to go home from the hospital tomorrow.

btk108
1/4/2010, 12:33 PM
I found out this year that Circle K never closes, even on Christmas eve.
It makes a dandy place to get that perfect present at the last minute for someone you really love.

Im about recoverd now and expect to go home from the hospital tomorrow.

Cheap ***

Jello Biafra
1/4/2010, 12:45 PM
The OSU one is an exclusive made of 100% sheepskin.

but if blobert allen wears one it looks like a sausage suit ;)