PDA

View Full Version : The Cupboard is Bare according to the Longhorns

adoniijahsooner
12/19/2009, 08:34 AM
I read an article early this season on Orangebloods, about the downfall of Sooner football, and Bob Stoops inability to grab the best recruits out of Texas. The prevailing thought throughout the article was that our beloved sooners were heading for a downfall, because if Stoops can't get the Texas players he must be doomed to fail. So here we are coming off of our worse year under Stoops, and at the same time putting together possibly Stoops best recruiting class.

Of course the Longwhorns will deny that the class is any good, because the players are from inferior states such as, Kansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, California, and Florida. Oh, let me not forget to add in the 15 players from the state of Texas, who also have committed to play for the Sooners.

I looked through the cabinets and fridge, and what I found was a kitchen full of good wholesome foods. Now all we need is that jug of OVJ delivered (Cam Newton), and we can make ourselves one fine meal.:D

adoniijahsooner
12/19/2009, 09:09 AM
I found the Article

Geoff Ketchum
Orangebloods.com Publisher

Talk about it in Inside the 40 Acres
"We have worked extremely hard to build a winning program with nice kids that are graduating and I believe the 18 student-athletes that signed with us today will continue that trend. These are all outstanding young men that we believe can be great representatives of our program and help us continue to improve as a football team."

Mack Brown on February 5, 2003

If there's anyone qualified to serve as a historian of the Mack Brown era at Texas, it's probably yours truly, and although I'm not sure that I can give you an exact date when the Texas Longhorns changed as a program, this is the date I've always remembered.

Sure, you can point to the arrival of Vince Young as one date or the departure of the Big Three as another. Personally, I've always pointed towards National Signing Day in 2003 as the moment when the program truly turned a page.

At that time the Longhorns were mired in a three-game losing streak to Oklahoma, which wouldn't end for another 32 months, but the program was stocked from top to bottom with as much young talent in the country. After years of mediocrity, the Longhorns had moved back into the national discussion with a string of four straight recruiting classes that ranked among the top five in the nation.

In fact, a strong case can be made that Mack's 2002 recruiting class is one of the strongest in the modern history of college football. In addition to the six all-Americans, nine NFL players and 10 all-Big 12 players that eventually emerged from the group, it also featured a several guys with checkered pasts, shaky academics and a whole lot of drama.

Former tight ends coach Tim Brewster landed a five-star receiver from Illinois named Marquise Johnson, who ripped his ACL after a car accident that could have killed him and left him in legal limbo, only to not make it to Texas on time because his test score was arbitrarily red flagged by the NCAA. The nation's No. 3 wide receiver never made it to Austin.

There was also the case of fellow-five star cornerback Edorian McCulloch, who was talented enough as a player that he contributed for a top-10 program as a true freshman, but poor enough of a student that he didn't last two semesters on the 40 Acres.

Former Longhorn receiver Robert Timmons.
And then there's the case of Robert Timmons. Outside of Young, he might have been the most talented of the entire bunch. We're talking about a guy with sure-fire NFL talent, but more baggage off the field than Love Field. In fact, Timmons had so much baggage that few schools were willing to take him, but Mack didn't see a problem kid - he saw a young man who had never been given a chance. Timmons had been homeless at one point and had very little direction. Mack hoped by giving him a chance, he could help save a life.

Within a year Timmons was gone and Mack took a hard right turn in his philosophy in recruiting. Never again ? well, almost never again ? would the Longhorn coaching staff completely overlook character because of elite talent. Guys like McCulloch and Timmons weren't college students - they were football mercenaries and Mack Brown had enough.

Perhaps he would never beat Oklahoma or win a national championship, but he was tired of fielding a team that was so completely wrapped up in individuals and bad attitude that it couldn't ever get over the hump. Hell, if he needed proof to prove his point that having the most highly-ranked recruits isn't necessarily the ticket to success, he could simply point a few hundred miles north to Norman. The Sooners didn't have nearly the amount of elite recruits that Texas had possessed, but they had found a way to whip Texas' butt each year.

It was Bob Stoops that gave Mack the blue-print to success, even if Mack didn't know it. When Oklahoma beat Florida State for the national championship in 2000, it wasn't the most talented team in the country, but it took the talent that it did have and maximized it with heart, passion and a togetherness that hadn't been seen in Mack's program.

So, there he was in February of 2003, sitting in front of the media and introducing his newest recruiting class, which didn't have a lot of snap to it. It wasn't a top-10 class, it featured only one five-star prospect (instead of six like the previous season) and it was full of players that Texas might not have gone after in previous seasons.

While detailing each recruit that day, Brown emphasized character, the ability to stay eligible and each prospect's inherent love for the school as much as talent. While others, including myself, doubted whether his approach would survive over the long-term, Mack began to dig in his feet.

Fast-forward 80 months later and look who's enjoying the last laugh. With a national championship ring on his finger, and thereby the clout to pretty much do whatever he wants until he retires, Mack has finally built the program into the image of which he's dreamed.

The Longhorns might never be the most talented team in the nation ever again, but by God they were never going to labeled soft on Mack's watch again. They would never quit on him again. The best way to nip bad attitude is to stay away from it in the first place.

He always knew that he'd have enough talent, but he wanted guys that would come out of a street fight alive and he needed them to be honor roll students at the same time.

"The coaches that we hire look at our talent when they come in and say, 'I'm surprised. It's not as good as I thought,'" Brown recently said in an article on ESPN.com. "I say, 'Well, you're going to be surprised on Saturday. They're going to play better than they are.' Since we've got good kids, they play hard every Saturday. They're not flat much. We may not play good, but we're not going to blow games any more because our kids have pride and they are going to play."

Translation - Texas used to blow games by coming out too flat, too often and because the players didn't have enough pride. Never again.

Perhaps the most ironic aspect of a story that is full of ironies is the fact that at the same time Mack was starting to build a team in an image that the 2000 version of Bob Stoops would have embraced with wildly open arms, Stoops' own recruiting philosophy was starting to morph into something different as well.

Just like Mack, the 2002 Longhorn recruiting class ended up being the straw that broke Stoops' back, but for completely different reasons. Despite riding a three-game winning streak over the Longhorns and owning a national championship ring, Stoops couldn't touch Texas with a 10-foot pole when it came to recruiting and it drove his staff up a tree.

It didn't matter that the Longhorns were soft and that the Sooners were the kings of college football, he couldn't close the deal with the likes of Justin Blalock, Aaron Harris, Garnet Smith and a large majority of players that Texas coveted.

The player that ended up serving as the true dagger in Stoops' heart that year was former Jersey Village star Selvin Young. The Longhorns had a freshman by the name of Cedric Benson starring in their backfield in the 2002 season and senior Quentin Griffin was set to depart. Oklahoma offered the chance for a starting position in year one, while the prospect loomed that he might sit No. 2 behind Benson until 2005 if he joined the Longhorns.

So, what happens? Young joined the Longhorns and the entire Oklahoma staff flipped its lid. In fact, if you listen closely, I think you can still hear the OU staff's screams from that day in the distance.

If it was Timmons that changed everything for Mack, it might have been Young that changed everything for Stoops. Frankly, you could pick any of the dozens of head-to-head recruiting victories that Mack enjoyed over "Big-game Bob" during a five-year losing streak. The thing that few understood at the time is that Stoops might have had a championship ring on his finger, but he was consumed with something that Mack had - talent. Lots of it.

Stoops had reached the mountaintop by being a great coach that won without elite talent and now he wanted to cash in. In his mind, the Oklahoma program was a dynasty waiting to happen. If he could ever bring in the kind of talent that Mack Brown had, nothing could stop the Sooners from winning a string of national championships.

Stoops was already beating his top rival with lesser talent, so once he could swing the talent edge in his direction, he'd never have to worry about the Longhorns while Mack was in charge. Of course, the problem with the whole plan was that he would never have more talent than Mack if he kept trying to break through Texas' clutch of top in-state talent.

A decision had to be made and just like the Nazi's in Raiders of the Lost Arc, Stoops coveted Ark of the Covenant. At the same exact time that Mack was pulling back the reins a little in his own pursuit of every five-star player on the planet, Stoops was ramping up an aggressive nationwide search for the kind of talent that could match anyone in the nation.

Beginning in 2002 and building steam each following year, the Sooners started to recruit just about every state in the nation. Despite its history of building championship teams around kids from Oklahoma and Texas, Stoops went nationwide with his approach.

Within three recruiting cycles, Stoops had changed the fabric of his program by making the decision to stop making the state of Texas his most important target. Suddenly, the Sooners were sniffing around New Jersey, Florida and California for players.

In 2005 when the Sooners landed the nation's No. 3 recruiting class according to Rivals.com, only 33 percent of the class was comprised of kids from the state of Texas. Meanwhile, that same year the Longhorns brought in the nation's No. 20 class and it was almost exclusively (87 percent) comprised of home-grown, in-state talent.

The very next year the Sooners signed 28 more prospects and only 10 (37 percent) were from Texas, while others hailed from Virginia, California, Utah and Kansas. The bottom line was that Bob Stoops wanted as much talent as possible and he was tired of waiting around for it.

He's never blinked at taking JUCO players or transfers with checkered pasts or high school prospects with serious off-field baggage. You don't have to look any further than the last 12 months for proof that you'll never see Stoops have a press conference where he talks about the importance of "having good kids that graduate." If you need evidence, look into the tales of Nevada freshman defensive end Justin Chaisson or offensive line transfer Jarvis Jones.

It's about talent and the idea that the guy with the most at his disposal wins out in the end.

So, here we are in September of 2009 and both Mack Brown and Bob Stoops finally have the programs they've been waiting to control for the last decade. Perhaps the biggest irony in the history of college football ironies is that both coaches have morphed into the other's old image.

Mack Brown's program is tough, scrappy and never quits. He has a team full of players that will bleed for the honor of the Texas football program. Outside of crazy, old Uncle Howard Schnellenberger, you won't find many people questioning Texas' toughness these days.

Meanwhile, the Sooners have become the Glass Joe of college football. When BYU lineman Jan Jorgensen remarked last week that his team needed only to punch the Sooners in the mouth if they wanted to win the game, most of the nation laughed.

He was right. Oklahoma is soft. They are the 2000-03 Texas Longhorns in 2009. If you punch them in the mouth, there's a great chance they will crater. The evidence of that was on display against the Cougars in Dallas over the weekend. Despite holding a halftime lead over the BYU, the Sooners were a defeated team as soon as the Cougars landed a hard right hook before the bell that sent starting quarterback Sam Bradford to the canvas.

"It was a total morgue," Oklahoma offensive coordinator Kevin Wilson told the Oklahoma media on Tuesday. "It was a concern. I was a cheerleader for 10 minutes: 'We're winning. Open your eyes. Get a little spunk here. Let's go! This is why we practice hard, for great games. Let's go!"

As it turns out, the loss to the Cougars was the continuation of a terrible trend for the Sooners. Since the 2006 season, Oklahoma is 7-7 in games that are decided by 10 points or less, including four straight losses. You have to go all the way back to the middle part of the 2007 season against Iowa State to find a close game that the Sooners were able to win.

The good news is that they have blown most of their opponents out of the water. The bad news is that if they find themselves in a close game, they aren't finishing. By contrast, the Sooners were 16-7 in games decided by 10 points or less from 2000-05.

Of course, that what was back when Oklahoma was winning BCS bowl games.

Meanwhile, since 2004 the Longhorns own a 16-5 record in games decided by 10 points or less. In the four years prior to 2004, the Longhorns were a below-average 6-7 in close games.

Oh yeah, they've also been winning all of their BCS games and if they beat Oklahoma in October, they'll have won four of their last five against Stoops in Dallas.

After all of these years, the facts point out the obvious. Even if the rest of the nation hasn't caught on, Mack has become Stoops and Stoops has become Mack, or at least they've become each other's old images.

The only constant is that after all of these years, Stoops almost certainly still looks down to Austin and wishes he had the team that Mack Brown has. It was true back in 2002 and it appears that it might stay true for several more years at a minimum.

Go Down, Moses
12/19/2009, 09:16 AM
The cupboard is far from bare, but we've got to turn things around in relation to the Longhorns.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/19/2009, 09:18 AM
Not sure why anybody would read anything from orangebloods

colleyvillesooner
12/19/2009, 09:21 AM
That guy is a total ****ing ******.

adoniijahsooner
12/19/2009, 09:22 AM
Not sure why anybody would read anything from orangebloods

I read anything I can get my hands on; novels, mags, newspapers, and anything else with words on it. Heck, every year my daughter is at the top of her class when it comes to the accelerated reader program. She read a million words last year in 5th grade.

I like knowing how everyone thinks, and Im okay with that.

King Crimson
12/19/2009, 09:24 AM
i wish "the experts" could figure out if the 2000 Sooners were blue-collar nobodies (this article) or stacked with all of Boo Blake's uber-talented, yet somehow underachieving 8 star players.

every year it's one or the other.

Ketchum never gets tired of stroking it to the awesome virtue of Texas Football.

MiccoMacey
12/19/2009, 09:52 AM
There's waaay too much talent for us to remain down more than a year...we had a house of cards this year (Sam was supposed to be our savior from our inexperienced OLine), but once the cornerstone card fell we knew it was going to be a long year.

I honestly believe we're at worst 12-1 with Sam at the helm (I can't in good conscience say we'd have beaten Texas Tech with Sam that day, but I also realize we're probably in a different mind set if we to Lubbock in November undefeated). Of our four losses to the other teams, I think Sam could have accounted for those extra 12 points in those games, even with our OLine injuries. Hence, we'd be in the B12CCG and probably beaten Nebraska again for the title.

Next year, we have a revamped OLine (again), but this time they'll have more game experience. They still won't be a cohesive unit, because so many players played at so many different positions they won't have time to have gelled together. But that will come quicker now that they'll at least have some game time under their belts.

If we go with Landry next year, he'll have a full year under his belt. If he gets beat out, we have a first-time starter who's better than a returning starter. That can't be all bad.

If DeMarco stays, we'll have a third year starter and either Calhoun or Johnathon Miller, both of whom got good game experience.

At WR, we return our best WR in Broyles, and several guys who I guarantee will be spending the entire summer working on catching the ball.

I honestly believe each individual unit will be at least marginally better next year, which should result in an overall increase for the offensive unit as a whole.

On defense, we take some huge hits but this is probably where we could afford to take bigger hits.

The DLine is going to lose some great players, but we have some great talent returning. Of the depth chart for the bowl game, we only lose on starter (McCoy) and a backup DT (Moore). Beal, Alexander, and Taylor make up a great nucleus of a pass rush. Sure, we'll miss arguably the second best DLineman in OU history, but it's not like we're devoid of talent in that area.

LBs return Travis Lewis, Austin Box, and Joseph Ibiloye, who have played a bunch the past two years. We'll miss Reynolds, but he was being replaced to a large degree in certain long-down situations already.

We'll miss Brian Jackson, but three of our four starting dbs will return. Sam Proctor will only be better next year with a full year under his belt as the primary starter. Franks is a shut-down corner, so if Demontre Hurst proves to be adequate, we should be okay in that department. Plus, if our DLine can still generate any type pass rush (which they will), our dbs will have much greater success.

I'm usually not a crimson-colored glasses kind of guy...I don't mind saying if we have a perceived weakness or not...but I honestly feel we'll be much better next year than we were this year.

Probably not a top five team to start off with, but realistically a top ten team especially by the end of the year.

owenfieldreams
12/19/2009, 11:33 AM
Let's start with the fact that we have 10 commitments from the Houston Chronicle Texas Top 100. UT has 16 but who would expect less?

Texas rarely ever goes outside the state, why should they. OU has too so why would we want to limit ourselves to a two state strategy?

The OU/TX game has always been cyclical. I agree, had we been completely healthy we'd have won in Dallas and probably won every game with the exception of TT, an anomoly for sure.

There is no doubt that UT has changed the persona of their football team. This has evolved as stated in this thread from a recognition that they were considered "soft". Muschamp has simply taken that evolution to another level.

I also believe, for whatever reason, that the humiliating loss to SC in the BCS championship game, has had a lasting negative effect on the psyche of our program.

UT has been and always will be the standard by which we measure ourselves.It's up to us to regain that swagger, that edge, that puts us back in the driver's seat. Trust me, it will happen.

There's some truth in the OrangeBlood article but it's like anything else......the circumstances can and will be spun to favor a certain viewpoint. It's like watching cable news.......take it with a grain of salt.

Bosley
12/19/2009, 11:39 AM
According to Scout.com we have the best recruiting class in the nation. Oops...

badger
12/19/2009, 11:43 AM
Hey, they're fans of their program, we're fans of ours. As such, I would expect their bias to be extremely Texas-favored and anti-OU, so I don't really take much stock in what they're saying about the future of our program.

MR2-Sooner86
12/19/2009, 11:52 AM
I also believe, for whatever reason, that the humiliating loss to SC in the BCS championship game, has had a lasting negative effect on the psyche of our program.

I think the Boise State game had just as much, maybe more, damage to the psyche than SC.

Anyway, we will, and are, bouncing back and we'll be at it again. We almost won it all last year. We'll get up and try again. After that, we'll try again and again and again.

I do not believe 2000 was Bob Stoop's only and last National Championship as coach at OU. I also do not believe the 2002 Rose Bowl will be our most recent BCS bowl win soon. I believe the domination of Texas earlier this decade was not a one time thing.

The best is yet to come and I can't wait to witness and be a part of it.

P.S. **** TEXAS!!! Who gives a rat's *** what those choads think?

StoopTroup
12/19/2009, 12:04 PM
You lost me at "According to longwhorns"

SoonerLB
12/19/2009, 12:31 PM
You lost me at "According to longwhorns"

Best line of the day! Well, ........... so far anyway. :D

Jacie
12/19/2009, 12:40 PM
I am of the opinion that when Muschamp takes over, the whorns are going to be less than enamored with him as a head coach than they are now as DC. This is all based on what I've witnessed from his sideline demeanor. He is just a little too jumpy, too excitable to manage an entire team and staff. He reminds me of Dave Wannstedt.

Wannstedt's resume basically read DC of the Dallas Cowboys. He was not ready to be the head coach of an NFL franchise and it seems he brings way too much emotion to the sidelines at Pitt. His teams underachieve during big games (I know, I know) but he has yet to win the Big East.

I think Muschamp will be another one of these. His resume as a fine DC has landed him the top job at sa*et (if and when Mack retires) but I don't know that the whorns will be successful with him in his rookie job as a head coach. Whorn fans have only to look to the not-to-distant past when former sa*et defensive player/assistant coach David McWilliams was tapped to lead them with less than spectacular results (though he managed to take three in a row from the Gibbs-era Sooners after losing two to Switzer).

Scott D
12/19/2009, 01:46 PM
the only thing with that article I agree with is that this staff has spent the past 5 years looking too much at measurables and star ratings and not enough at mental toughness and being a pure football player.

picasso
12/19/2009, 01:51 PM
They're saying the same thing on Hornfans.com. Apparently since McCoy is going early we are doomed.
I swear some of those guys aren't very sharp.

badger
12/19/2009, 02:09 PM
Sure are arrogant considering that they beat only two ranked teams this season (and no, you can't retroactively say "Durr, they were ranked when they played us") because that's BS and you know it... and only beat us sans-Heisman and sans-Gresham by three lousy points.

The highest ranked team they beat is at No. 20 right now.

Also, since this is a recruiting thread, they recruited a player from the Tulsa area... omg recruit from outside Texas, tee hee :rolleyes:

IronHorseSooner
12/19/2009, 02:36 PM
Whorn = hypocrite

They will lose next year what we lost this year. If they think that they will repeat in 2010, then I guess they are smoking something. Oh, wait, they're Whorns, so they ARE smoking something!

westcoast_sooner
12/19/2009, 03:13 PM
The cupboard is FAR from being bare, IMO. The Sooners got caught in a perfect storm this year - a ton of injuries, a lot of youth, and a lot of having to make do and find out who can make a play.

UT on the other hand will have to do some rebuilding next year. They lose both of their big playmakers on offense in Shipley and Colt, I think 3 offensive linemen also. On the defensive side, they lose Kindle and I think much of their front 7. They were young in the secondary, but their guys have played well.

Muschamp has their D playing well this year, but I read an article where Mack said that he would have to give Muschamp (or any coach) 5 years before an accurate assessment could be made. The real question isn't how Muschamp can take some talented upper classmen, but more about how he develops the younger incoming guys.

No doubt Texas is talented, but to count OU out of it is a little premature. How many times have they been to the CCG or the MNC game compared to OU in the Stoops era?

Leroy Lizard
12/19/2009, 03:18 PM
What is it about Texas that brings out so many wacko journalists with an OU fixation. We had Longhorn Bob, and that Heard guy (a certifiable nut), and Ketchum.

BoulderSooner79
12/19/2009, 03:30 PM
Let's face it folks -- we're doomed.

Partial Qualifier
12/19/2009, 05:07 PM
What is it about Texas that brings out so many wacko journalists with an OU fixation. We had Longhorn Bob, and that Heard guy (a certifiable nut), and Ketchum.

They're obsessed with us because Oklahoma's population is 1/6th the size of Texas's -- tiny in comparison -- and we've kicked their asses a highly disproportionate number of times.

Combine those facts with their pretentious/pompous nature and well.. there you have it.

TXBOOMER
12/19/2009, 05:15 PM
Why do whorns bring up the fact we get a lot of players from the state of texass? Do they think we are not aware they named their stadium after an Okie born Sooner?

StoopTroup
12/19/2009, 05:24 PM
+exas just had a legitimate win against UNC in Basketball.

With 1/2 of their Team not being from +exas...does that mean they could only find 8 decent players in the State of +exas?

They have 3 decent +exas players but have to back them up with outsiders? How can this be? Are they doomed? :D

Jmorales22
12/19/2009, 10:30 PM
This is so funny. We just won 3 straight big 12 championships and that guy writes the article after OU loses its first game.

It's like clockwork, anytime Texas finally comes through and wins the big 12, there's talk of our inevitable doom and how the past is the past and the future is all about Longhorn ownage of the big 12. The same thing happened in 2005. Talk like this makes you wonder, who is envious of whom?

picasso
12/19/2009, 11:46 PM
This is so funny. We just won 3 straight big 12 championships and that guy writes the article after OU loses its first game.

It's like clockwork, anytime Texas finally comes through and wins the big 12, there's talk of our inevitable doom and how the past is the past and the future is all about Longhorn ownage of the big 12. The same thing happened in 2005. Talk like this makes you wonder, who is envious of whom?

So true.

cherrylimeade
12/20/2009, 01:13 AM
Let's face it folks...... you suck!

Funky G
12/20/2009, 02:15 AM
Texas is the ******* of America. The only thing that proves there is intelligent life in that Barrio is that some of the kids come to OU.

rawlingsHOH
12/20/2009, 03:27 AM
I read an article early this season on Orangebloods, about the downfall of Sooner football, and Bob Stoops inability to grab the best recruits out of Texas. The prevailing thought throughout the article was that our beloved sooners were heading for a downfall, because if Stoops can't get the Texas players he must be doomed to fail. So here we are coming off of our worse year under Stoops, and at the same time putting together possibly Stoops best recruiting class.

Of course the Longwhorns will deny that the class is any good, because the players are from inferior states such as, Kansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, California, and Florida. Oh, let me not forget to add in the 15 players from the state of Texas, who also have committed to play for the Sooners.

I looked through the cabinets and fridge, and what I found was a kitchen full of good wholesome foods. Now all we need is that jug of OVJ delivered (Cam Newton), and we can make ourselves one fine meal.:D

Strange thing, in 2008, there were only 3 "5-star" players in the state of Texas.

Rj Washington
Stephen Good
Jermie Calhoun

Where did those guys end up going?

Ketchum can eat a weiner.

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewrank.asp

stoops the eternal pimp
12/20/2009, 09:23 AM
I read anything I can get my hands on; novels, mags, newspapers, and anything else with words on it. Heck, every year my daughter is at the top of her class when it comes to the accelerated reader program. She read a million words last year in 5th grade.

congratulations?

1890MilesToNorman
12/20/2009, 09:32 AM
congratulations?

At that rate I gonna have to read a million posts to catch up with his daughter.

Dang STEP, you slowing me down. :D

adoniijahsooner
12/20/2009, 09:54 AM
congratulations?

On what?

adoniijahsooner
12/20/2009, 09:58 AM
At that rate I gonna have to read a million posts to catch up with his daughter.

Dang STEP, you slowing me down. :D

Don't bring up my daughter in your post again. Seriously, some **** dont pass for humor when it comes to someones child. Unless your trying to start some sort of internet war with me, keep my babygirls name off your keyboard.

StoopTroup
12/20/2009, 10:12 AM
I think you brought up your Daughter.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2795166&postcount=6

I didn't see where anyone said anything bad about her at all.

If you have a problem with a post or a poster you should probably take it up with a mod. At least I think that's how it's supposed to work.

Just saying.

Just some more words for you to read. Enjoy.

1890MilesToNorman
12/20/2009, 10:25 AM
Don't bring up my daughter in your post again. Seriously, some **** dont pass for humor when it comes to someones child. Unless your trying to start some sort of internet war with me, keep my babygirls name off your keyboard.

I was actually praising her but whatever, I'll never mention her again.

adoniijahsooner
12/20/2009, 10:35 AM
My bad guys overreacted a bit.

adoniijahsooner
12/20/2009, 10:36 AM
I was actually praising her but whatever, I'll never mention her again.

If that is what you meant, then I am sincerely sorry for going off about it. Really, I am.

1890MilesToNorman
12/20/2009, 10:37 AM
I seriously meant no offence. My attempt at humor, nothing more.

olevetonahill
12/20/2009, 11:10 AM

Yup you brot her into the Convo

. Seriously, some **** dont pass for humor when it comes to someones child. Unless your trying to start some sort of internet war with me, keep my babygirls name off your keyboard.

I like knowing how everyone thinks, and Im okay with that

Ever been called a Hypocrite ?:D

adoniijahsooner
12/20/2009, 11:17 AM
Yup you brot her into the Convo

I like knowing how everyone thinks, and Im okay with that

Ever been called a Hypocrite ?:D

you got me.

stoopified
12/20/2009, 11:18 AM
Mack Brown having higher rated recruiting is a GOOD thing.When Bob was beatimg him every yera UT was always rated ahead of us in recruiting.Lately I think we have gotten too many FIVE STARS and not enough hard-working,hard-nosed ballplayers.

adoniijahsooner
12/20/2009, 11:26 AM
Mack Brown having higher rated recruiting is a GOOD thing.When Bob was beatimg him every yera UT was always rated ahead of us in recruiting.Lately I think we have gotten too many FIVE STARS and not enough hard-working,hard-nosed ballplayers.

I think that changed with last years class. It appears he is recruiting alot guys that are capable of going both ways.

Justin McCay
Haynes
Tony Jefferson
Julian Wilson
Franks
Lake

IronHorseSooner
12/20/2009, 12:10 PM
I think that changed with last years class. It appears he is recruiting alot guys that are capable of going both ways.

Justin McCay (WR/OLB)
Haynes (DB/WR)
Tony Jefferson (S/OLB/RB)
Julian Wilson (WR/CB)
Franks (WR/CB)
Lake (WR/OLB)

And Haywood (TE/DE), Millard (FB/TE/MLB), Thompson (OL/DL), and Powell (WR/CB). Not to mention, he has guys who can play multiple positions on one side of the ball or the other. Irwin could project to play four of the five OL positions. The same with Shead. Most of the DBs could play any of the back four positions. I've seen Favors listed as an MLB, OLB, and as a safety. Clay and Finch are also effective receivers and return men.

Jdog
12/20/2009, 01:17 PM
DMN article from two years ago:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/100507dnspoutarrests.3829d60.html

Fans of rival schools gleefully poke fun at Texas' recent issues. "Book 'em Horns" T-shirts are trendy in College Station and Norman, Okla.

A Morning News search of court records and media accounts found that between 2003 and 2005, Texas A&M had 13 football players and a recruit arrested.

Oklahoma has had 13 players and two recruits arrested since Bob Stoops' 1999 hiring, seven in the last two years. Of the 17 Texas player arrests since Mr. Brown's 1998 arrival, eight have occurred since the January 2006 national title-game victory.

--- Not much has changed since 07.

-----I've been watching College football for the past 45 years and the most classless think I've every witnessed first hand occured this year the cotton bowl - when the horn fans cheered Bradford's injury.
I would have expected it from Miami but not texas..... horns and their fans deserve no respect...... Thug u......BOOKEM HORNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bluedogok
12/20/2009, 02:25 PM
I read an article early this season on Orangebloods.....
This was your first mistake...he evidently has a radio propaganda show down here designed to sell more subscriptions to his drivel.

mojohornfan
12/20/2009, 07:10 PM
The cupboard is bare according to a longhorn beat writer...not "the longhorns"!!!
Give me a break...

picasso
12/20/2009, 07:45 PM
The cupboard is bare according to a longhorn beat writer...not "the longhorns"!!!
Give me a break...

no, some of your less than bright friends over at Hornfans.com seem to agree. I mean I don't think Texas will be as good next year without Colt but you will not drop off much.

See, I'm objective.;)

mojohornfan
12/20/2009, 07:58 PM
no, some of your less than bright friends over at Hornfans.com seem to agree. I mean I don't think Texas will be as good next year without Colt but you will not drop off much.

See, I'm objective.;)

I never visit hornfans for that very reason. If you go to a chocolate factory, you will find chocolate!!!

IronHorseSooner
12/20/2009, 08:05 PM
I don't visit (insert moronic whorn website), because I don't want my precious brain cells infected by sheer dumb@$$ery.

picasso
12/20/2009, 08:22 PM
I never visit hornfans for that very reason. If you go to a chocolate factory, you will find chocolate!!!

Very true! I visited there the other night for the first time in years and yes, it pissed me off.