PDA

View Full Version : Inhoff in Copenhagen...

OklahomaTuba
12/18/2009, 12:04 PM
They basically ask him when he will stop killing all the little brown children.

Surrounded by reporters from around the world, including many who believe global warming is real, Inhofe often looked like a lamb on his way to slaughter.

One reporter asked Inhofe “What do you tell the children who have to live in a nightmare world. What should we tell them about your country being a heroin addict on fossil fuel? Answer the question!”

“Most of you are on the far left side, so listen closely. I contend the consensus is not there, and it wasn’t there prior to Climate-gate.”

“Nothing binding will come out of here in my opinion, and if it does it will be rejected by the American people.”http://liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com/2009/12/17/sen-inhofe-r-in-lions-den-in-copenhagen/

StoopTroup
12/18/2009, 12:15 PM
It's just the man trying to hold us down because we scare the ever living shot out of them with what we did in Iraq.

They deserved to know that our Country will **** em up if they bring a war to our soil.

Now they can only try to hack at us via reforms that they have no intentions of adhering to either.

If there is anything wrong with the folks who think all of this Global Warming or Save our Planet stuff is a good idea....well that's what it is...a good idea. It would be a true miracle though for us to expect the rest of the World to have watched our Countries Population waste and consume so much and then suddenly tell them that they too are part of the problem.

It just won't happen more than likely. Inhofe is right about the likelihood of not only us adhering to it....but that we'll never agree to anything but a neutral playing field.

KABOOKIE
12/18/2009, 12:15 PM
But, but, it's a GOOD cause!!! We must fight for our children's future by, taxing the **** out of America!!!

I Am Right
12/18/2009, 04:53 PM
'Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow'
Russ Vaughn

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow...
Oh the weather in Denmark's frightful,
But the irony's so delightful,
That everywhere Al Gore goes,
It just snows and it snows and it snows.

When will Al ever see the light?
Will he ever go out in the storm?
Or does his tin hat still fit too tight?
And he still thinks the world's gettin' warm.

The conference is slowly dying,
And the moonbats are all good-bying,
Global warming has no place to go,
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

Russ Vaughn

JohnnyMack
12/18/2009, 05:28 PM
Our Middle Eastern foreign policy sucks. It's embarrassing. We should be throwing down oil derricks across our own country while at the same time working towards developing REAL alternative fuel sources, since fossil fuels won't power us forever. Then we should leave the Middle East (including Israel) be and tell them to go get ****ed. All these global warming fu*knuts and environmentalists have been as damaging to creating long term alternative fuel sources (nuclear) as have the oil execs who want to bask in the trillions of dollars as long as possible.

In summary:

Build nuclear power plants.
Drill for oil here in the meantime.
Get out of Middle East.

SCOUT
12/18/2009, 05:41 PM
Our Middle Eastern foreign policy sucks. It's embarrassing. We should be throwing down oil derricks across our own country while at the same time working towards developing REAL alternative fuel sources, since fossil fuels won't power us forever. Then we should leave the Middle East (including Israel) be and tell them to go get ****ed. All these global warming fu*knuts and environmentalists have been as damaging to creating long term alternative fuel sources (nuclear) as have the oil execs who want to bask in the trillions of dollars as long as possible.

In summary:

Build nuclear power plants.
Drill for oil here in the meantime.
Get out of Middle East.
I completely agree.

hellogoodbye
12/21/2009, 08:51 AM
I completely agree.

Second

Breadburner
12/21/2009, 09:18 AM
Sorry...But I say we use up every last drop in the M.E before we start using our own here.....I also agree with alternative energy sources especialy nukes.....

IronHorseSooner
12/21/2009, 09:30 AM
Third!

Chuck Bao
12/21/2009, 10:09 AM
Wow! Do you guys realize that whole "drill more here" mantra is largely oil company propaganda? Geologists talking about huge reserves are largely under the employ of the big oil companies. Maybe there are sizeable reserves, but there are plenty of tracks opened up for exploration. But, the Big Oil companies are not satisfied with that. They want huge tracks opened up immediately and the more the tracks opened up the less competitive bidding and the more they lock up of America's reserves at a cheaper price and the more eventual profits for them.

Have you ever dealt with one of the landmen running around Oklahoma and Texas just a year ago? How about an oil company that destroyed a pasture and they said that they can pay for the oil pumped out whenever they please and there isn't a ****ing thing we can do about it.

I know this is a bit off topic, but my point is that the oil companies are not your friend. If Inhoff is representing oil companies, he is not your friend.

I love the idea of taxing oil to subsidize renewable energy, including nuclear energy. Yeah, there will be a price shock, but wasn't there already a price shock with crude prices peaking at around $150/barrel. Now, we are around half that price. It is either that or another shock coming.

JohnnyMack
12/21/2009, 10:21 AM
Wow! Do you guys realize that whole "drill more here" mantra is largely oil company propaganda? Geologists talking about huge reserves are largely under the employ of the big oil companies. Maybe there are sizeable reserves, but there are plenty of tracks opened up for exploration. But, the Big Oil companies are not satisfied with that. They want huge tracks opened up immediately and the more the tracks opened up the less competitive bidding and the more they lock up of America's reserves at a cheaper price and the more eventual profits for them.

Have you ever dealt with one of the landmen running around Oklahoma and Texas just a year ago? How about an oil company that destroyed a pasture and they said that they can pay for the oil pumped out whenever they please and there isn't a ****ing thing we can do about it.

I know this is a bit off topic, but my point is that the oil companies are not your friend. If Inhoff is representing oil companies, he is not your friend.

I love the idea of taxing oil to subsidize renewable energy, including nuclear energy. Yeah, there will be a price shock, but wasn't there already a price shock with crude prices peaking at around $150/barrel. Now, we are around half that price. It is either that or another shock coming.

You think those miserable fu*ks in the Middle East are our friend? The truth is that the left has stifled development of new sources of energy for decades. That combined with the fact that it's cheaper for the oil companies to bring oil in from overseas has led us to a point where we're pretty much unable to provide energy for ourselves. I'd argue that both sides are complicit in creating this situation, but simply saying, "It's big oil's fault!" is partisan hackery.

SoonerBorn68
12/21/2009, 10:47 AM

Chuck, no offense but you've got zero clue what you're talking about.

I was "running around Oklahoma and Texas" just a year ago.

When I was down by Coalgate last year one of the land owners basically blackmailed the mean ol' oil company I worked for. He claimed land damaged and forced them to pay him an extra $100K to continue to drill. He threatened to have his lawyer tie this up in court as long as he could. The rig cost the mean ol' oil company $16K a day, our directional services were $10K a day, etc. etc. They paid him off so we could continue the job.

A guy I work with gets about $3500 every quarter for this mineral rights. There's thousands of people who get these checks all over the United States.

Every, and I mean every location I ever worked on was completely cleaned up after the rig moved. The only thing that was left was the gravel pad, the gravel road leading to the pad & the BOP.

Come back to the United States before you make such baffoonish statements. More specifically come to SE OK where most of the small town economies depended on the mean ol' oil companies and their representatives who temperarily live, eat, and work in the area. Go to Wilburton. Go to Coalgate. Go to Atoka. Go to Pampa, TX--or Wheeler, or Canadian. See what drilling for oil & natural gas means to these areas.

Chuck Bao
12/21/2009, 10:51 AM
You think those miserable fu*ks in the Middle East are our friend? The truth is that the left has stifled development of new sources of energy for decades. That combined with the fact that it's cheaper for the oil companies to bring oil in from overseas has led us to a point where we're pretty much unable to provide energy for ourselves. I'd argue that both sides are complicit in creating this situation, but simply saying, "It's big oil's fault!" is partisan hackery.

I didn't think that I was saying it is Big Oil's fault. And, I don't think I was saying to trust "those miserable fu*ks in the Middle East" either. What I am saying and I have said it before here is to open up tracks gradually, the most promising first and let Big Oil compete for bidding on public lands offshore and onshore with the maximum benefit to state and federal government with a limited time frame for developing it or losing the rights to the track. Big taxpaying Republicans shouldn't be opposed to that.

Seriously, I don't get that it is cheaper to bring oil in from overseas. Maybe it is cheaper for them, but not for us. $73 per barrel should be an incentive to develop more local crude resources, or not?

And, that brings us back to the point that Big Oil is not our friend.

GrapevineSooner
12/21/2009, 11:12 AM
I didn't think that I was saying it is Big Oil's fault. And, I don't think I was saying to trust "those miserable fu*ks in the Middle East" either. What I am saying and I have said it before here is to open up tracks gradually, the most promising first and let Big Oil compete for bidding on public lands offshore and onshore with the maximum benefit to state and federal government with a limited time frame for developing it or losing the rights to the track. Big taxpaying Republicans shouldn't be opposed to that.

Seriously, I don't get that it is cheaper to bring oil in from overseas. Maybe it is cheaper for them, but not for us. $73 per barrel should be an incentive to develop more local crude resources, or not?

And, that brings us back to the point that Big Oil is not our friend.

$150 per barrel should have been that incentive.

And I'm not looking for a friend in Big Oil. I'm looking for a, in a way, a business partner to try and ween ourselves off Middle East oil.

Given the small profit margins of oil companies in relation to other industries and given the fact that setting up an oil well isn't cheap both in terms of money and time, I tend to trust the oil companies if they suggest there are wide reserves of oil that they've not been allowed to touch because of federal bans.

Chuck Bao
12/21/2009, 11:21 AM
Chuck, no offense but you've got zero clue what you're talking about.

I was "running around Oklahoma and Texas" just a year ago.

When I was down by Coalgate last year one of the land owners basically blackmailed the mean ol' oil company I worked for. He claimed land damaged and forced them to pay him an extra $100K to continue to drill. He threatened to have his lawyer tie this up in court as long as he could. The rig cost the mean ol' oil company $16K a day, our directional services were $10K a day, etc. etc. They paid him off so we could continue the job.

A guy I work with gets about $3500 every quarter for this mineral rights. There's thousands of people who get these checks all over the United States.

Every, and I mean every location I ever worked on was completely cleaned up after the rig moved. The only thing that was left was the gravel pad, the gravel road leading to the pad & the BOP.

Come back to the United States before you make such baffoonish statements. More specifically come to SE OK where most of the small town economies depended on the mean ol' oil companies and their representatives who temperarily live, eat, and work in the area. Go to Wilburton. Go to Coalgate. Go to Atoka. Go to Pampa, TX--or Wheeler, or Canadian. See what drilling for oil & natural gas means to these areas.

I knew that I would get a very defensive response. Yay me! ;) I have to love the word baffoonish. Kudos for that.

My target really wasn't the smaller oil companies that have helped develop resources in Oklahoma and Texas and have provided a boon to the local economy.

Since I don't have a clue, tell me 68 if it is fair to assume that even these small oil companies should be considered friends to the landowners and mineral rights owners? Is it not odd how this business goes? One farmer leases his mineral rights for $500 an acre and the next door neighbor for $1,000.

I stand by what I posted before. This particular oil company that developed very small producing wells on my family's property really did threaten to hold back payments for as long as they liked. And, they did. It was a backlash against my dad for asking for a little more settlement in a pretty large destruction of the grazing pasture. Cows eat grass and they don't eat mud and I have been away for the US for a long time and I know that.

Yeah, maybe my dad should have hired a lawyer instead of spouting off.

Does that make anyone feel better?

StoopTroup
12/21/2009, 11:46 AM
Nothing like a good story about folks and their land and how one or the other got screwed.

http://blogs.the217.com/pointofview/files/2008/02/there-will-be-blood.jpg

SoonerBorn68
12/21/2009, 12:05 PM
Since I don't have a clue, tell me 68 if it is fair to assume that even these small oil companies should be considered friends to the landowners and mineral rights owners? Is it not odd how this business goes? One farmer leases his mineral rights for $500 an acre and the next door neighbor for $1,000.

It's all business. How fair is it for the guy who owns the land & not the mineral rights to have his land used? Your dad should have negotiated better. Who's fault is that?

Your dad is getting a check. What about all the people who are out of a job because the evil oil companies cut back? I notice you didn't answer that.

Chuck Bao
12/21/2009, 12:35 PM
It's all business. How fair is it for the guy who owns the land & not the mineral rights to have his land used? Your dad should have negotiated better. Who's fault is that?

Your dad is getting a check. What about all the people who are out of a job because the evil oil companies cut back? I notice you didn't answer that.

What are you talking about? Poor, poor oil companies with crude prices just barely hovering above $70/barrel?

I'm now confused. What should I be rooting for? Higher oil prices?

Everyone take a moment to consider the plight of the layed-off oil people. I wouldn't say that that proves my point that the oil companies are not your friends, but I just did.

Now who is a good negotiator and knows the market enough to test the limits without over-extending? Who's fault is that?

There should be some comeuppance here, but honestly I hate all of it. I terribly regret joining this conversation.

MrJimBeam
12/21/2009, 12:48 PM

Chuck hates Oklahoma and Oklahomans.

Chuck Bao
12/21/2009, 01:08 PM
Chuck hates Oklahoma and Oklahomans.

Is that like self-loathing because I will have none of that. If you have fault with any of my arguments and I suppose many of you do, that is okay and I respect that.

I admit that I could have mis-stated. Most US corporations are not your friends. Do you feel better now?

Bourbon St Sooner
12/21/2009, 01:15 PM
What are you talking about? Poor, poor oil companies with crude prices just barely hovering above $70/barrel?

I'm now confused. What should I be rooting for? Higher oil prices?

Everyone take a moment to consider the plight of the layed-off oil people. I wouldn't say that that proves my point that the oil companies are not your friends, but I just did.

Now who is a good negotiator and knows the market enough to test the limits without over-extending? Who's fault is that?

There should be some comeuppance here, but honestly I hate all of it. I terribly regret joining this conversation.

Who drove the oil price to $150/bbl? Who ****ed the country over while getting bailed out by their Washington buddies? Yes, Wall Street traders.

What do you do again? A bastion of virtue I'm sure.

Chuck Bao
12/21/2009, 02:06 PM
Who drove the oil price to $150/bbl? Who ****ed the country over while getting bailed out by their Washington buddies? Yes, Wall Street traders.

What do you do again? A bastion of virtue I'm sure.

Yeah, like right. I'm a bastion of virtue until the next night. If you are going to play the stock market card, I will too. Once upon a time there was a pretty big cartel and their idea was maximizing profits over the long term. Big Oil played along because the cartel had what Big Oil wanted, even though there were obvious risks.

Wall Street types got really excited about this all because it was a no loss situation for them, aka a no-brainer. If the economy rocovers, then they were right and

Bourbon St Sooner
12/21/2009, 05:05 PM
You're cutting out on me Chuck. Come in Chuck.

Yes, we both work for industries of **** shovelers. The difference is my industry is trying to bring energy independence to the 'Merican people;)

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/21/2009, 05:13 PM
Chuck hates Capitalism and America.Fixed. And he's no different than his fellow leftists.

Chuck Bao
12/21/2009, 05:38 PM
Fixed. And he's no different than his fellow leftists.

Dude I am not a leftist. I am just not so sure that the stock market is the answer, until they create greater accountability and transparency. The US can lecture other nations on these same issues but for some reason cannot turn the criticism on itself.

That is really a pity.

OUMallen
12/21/2009, 05:39 PM
Why is natural gas not part of this thread? It most certainly should be.

Fraggle145
12/21/2009, 05:44 PM
I've got natural gas. :O

OUMallen
12/22/2009, 10:23 AM
I've got natural gas. :O

Plentiful. Burns clean. :D

GrapevineSooner
12/22/2009, 12:45 PM
I'm about to distribute a cause of natural gas into my toilet.

BRB.