View Full Version : So I'm watching Tom Brady

JLEW1818
12/17/2009, 05:53 PM
play his bowl game for Michigan in Jan. 2000

by feb. of 2005 he had 3 super bowl rings

just wow

Sherpa
12/17/2009, 06:43 PM
At Michigan he was dating Wanda Kluetsky and wearing wranglers.

Now he's knocking up supermodels and shopping at Barneys.

just wow.

JLEW1818
12/17/2009, 06:48 PM
indeed

Collier11
12/17/2009, 06:59 PM
dreams do come true

rawlingsHOH
12/17/2009, 07:50 PM
Great player, but even greater system/organization (Patriots).

SoonerDood
12/18/2009, 03:13 AM
I didn't think he was too bad in college. He beat a good Arky team the previous year in the Citrus Bowl.

East Coast Bias
12/18/2009, 10:25 AM
Bradford has long reminded me of Brady. Tall,somewhat spindly, vulnerable in the pocket, but very accurate. Also a very steady manager of the game.

Soonerwake
12/18/2009, 10:54 AM
Bradford has long reminded me of Brady. Tall,somewhat spindly, vulnerable in the pocket, but very accurate. Also a very steady manager of the game.

I agree, but he needs to be in the right siutation. HOH was 100% accurate.

As good as Brady is, and as good as I think Bradford will be, the situation around them (offensive philosophy, coaches, supporting personnel, etc.) is important to develop their skills and showcase their abilities.

Saying that, I would rather Bradford get drafted later in the draft to somewhere he can succeed, i.e. Miami. Of course, I am a Fins fan...

Collier11
12/18/2009, 11:03 AM
Thats the case with any QB, do you really think Peyton or Brady would be as good if they had been with the Lions their whole career, the fact of the matter is you still have to make the plays and those two guys are top notch at that

JLEW1818
12/18/2009, 11:24 AM
well Peyton was a first pick... the colts did suck at one time.

Soonerwake
12/18/2009, 11:29 AM
well Peyton was a first pick... the colts did suck at one time.

It's not necessarily going to a winning team, just going to a team that is building a winner, putting the pieces in place. Indy and New England built their teams with all the pieces - o-line, running game, defense... That is exactly what Miami is doing...

JLEW1818
12/18/2009, 11:39 AM
true, but with the Colts, little easier said than done? Every team is trying to build.

The Patriots were already a good team. Brady had no future in New England when they drafted him, so they thought. I mean how many teams think their 6th round qb is their future dynasty?

rawlingsHOH
12/18/2009, 12:05 PM
Thats the case with any QB, do you really think Peyton or Brady would be as good if they had been with the Lions their whole career, the fact of the matter is you still have to make the plays and those two guys are top notch at that
I think Peyton was the type of QB you could draft and build an organization around, from scratch. Where as Brady was the type of QB that you would fit into to an already strong organization, and not miss a beat. Maybe I'm just stating the obvious, as that is exactly what happened. I just think it was a perfect fit.

JLEW1818
12/18/2009, 03:56 PM
you gotta admit how fortunate the patriots were, the fact that Brady worked out. or maybe lucky is a better word? Remember, 6 round draft pick, pick 199 i believe. I'm sure they didn't plan on him taking over for Bledsoe..

just think if Mo Lewis would not have hurt Bledsoe... Tom Brady may not be a star.... probably not a star... Bledso just signed a 3 year deal, and he would have been the starter...... damn that's a crazy story

Imagine if the patriots didn't draft Brady..... sure they would be a good team of the decade, but they would not have 3 Super Bowl rings....

Cassel last year proved that the patriots were just good to begin with. I aint saying they are bad or anything. heh.

Patriots have a good team, regardless

but how Brady worked out.. is one in a billion

Collier11
12/18/2009, 04:01 PM
Just think if Bobby Bonilla hadnt hurt his hammy, we may not have had Pujols so early. Great players make the most of opportunities and Brady has worked out perfectly, he is a machine

Besides, you can have all the stats with Marino and Manning and ill take the SBs with Brady and Montana

BoulderSooner79
12/18/2009, 04:03 PM
Belichek is a very good coach - Brady made him a super star.

Shanahan was a good coach - Terrell Davis made him a super star. Yes, he had Elway who was a tremendous competitor, but Davis opened up the passing game for Elway. Davis was a little used fullback at Georgia drafted in the 6th round too.

Collier11
12/18/2009, 04:12 PM
Yep, just goes to show that the draft isnt always correct (brady, davis, rice, etc) and some coaches need one player or one organization to become stars (belicheck browns vs belicheck patriots)

JLEW1818
12/18/2009, 04:16 PM
Bulls - MJ 3rd Pick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

haha Hakeem was the right pick.. got 2 rings from him . heh.

Portland is just unlucky... they seriously should consider the opposite of what they think every year.

Collier11
12/18/2009, 04:18 PM
I felt the whole time like Oden was a bad pick, maybe I need to be a GM

JLEW1818
12/18/2009, 04:19 PM
Astros could have Jeter too!! haha, they got scared b/c they thought he would only take 1 mil

Collier11
12/18/2009, 04:21 PM
In all honesty Jeter wouldnt be Jeter if he hadnt gone to NY, he would only be a pretty good SS