PDA

View Full Version : Chris Henry dies

Sooner in Tampa
12/17/2009, 11:02 AM
WR from the Bengals...sooooo sad

CHARLOTTE, N.C. – Cincinnati Bengals receiver Chris Henry has died, one day after falling out of the back of a pickup truck in what authorities described as a domestic dispute with his fiancee.
Charlotte-Mecklenburg police said Henry died at 6:36 a.m. Thursday. Henry was 26.
Henry was rushed to the hospital Wednesday after being found on a residential road. Police said the dispute began at a home about a half-mile away, and Henry jumped into the bed of the pickup truck as his fiancee was driving away from the residence.
Police said at some point when she was driving, Henry "came out of the back of the vehicle." They wouldn't identify the woman, and no charges were immediately filed.
Police spokeswoman Rosalyn Harrington said homicide detectives have been assigned to the case but had no further information. Police have not released the 911 tapes, and Harrington wouldn't say if the woman was present at the scene when police arrived.

yermom
12/17/2009, 11:13 AM
from the "Bitches is Crazy" files...

stoops the eternal pimp
12/17/2009, 11:13 AM
In his short life, he had a lot of issues..RIP

soonersam
12/17/2009, 11:18 AM
Falling out of a pickup truck while fighting with a girlfriend is the way I wanna go also...

rawlingsHOH
12/17/2009, 11:20 AM
from the "Bitches is Crazy" files...

Seems like it.

Jello Biafra
12/17/2009, 11:21 AM
holy shiite

Sasakwa
12/17/2009, 11:33 AM
Didn't we have a QB that fell out of the back of truck a few years back? What was the guy's name? Lot of physical skills but questionable judgment?

Anyway, sad story. Seems like the Bengals have more crazy off-feild issues than anyone.

SoonerMavrick25
12/17/2009, 11:38 AM
Brent Rawls.... Pretty sad deal... seemed to be turning it around... Hopefully he was saved.

OUMallen
12/17/2009, 11:40 AM
The guy shad it all in terms of money and talent. Amazing.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/17/2009, 11:45 AM
I did some scouting for the AFC North teams back when Henry came out of West Virginia...Athletically had it all, but just was really immature...Take Jamelle and multiply by 10 and you had Chris....I talked to him on the phone for a couple of interviews and I felt like I was talking to a 16 year old...

Henry was a 1st round talent but his actions pushed him down to the 3rd round...The Bengal front office didn't really care about off the field issues from anybody they drafted and decided to pick him up...One of the Bengal scouts that I would communicate with sent me a email asking if that was too early later on...My words to him was

"Big league talent, jr high maturity...3 years if your lucky"

RIP Chris....Wish it could have been different for you

badger
12/17/2009, 11:51 AM
If he didn't have so many off-field problems, I'm sure he would have been drafted higher than the third round and would have never been cut by the Bengals a few years ago... his talent and tons of WR injuries to Cincy is the only reason he was still in the league leading up to his death.

It begs the question... how many more of these examples of star athletes allowing off-field problems to ruin their careers and lives do we need before future athletes learn from past mistakes?

If anything good can come out of this tragedy, hopefully it will be that.

MiccoMacey
12/17/2009, 12:46 PM
It begs the question... how many more of these examples of star athletes allowing off-field problems to ruin their careers and lives do we need before future athletes learn from past mistakes?.

Although they make the news more often...trust me. Star athletes aren't the only ones who die like this. As a firefighter, I see some strange ways that people do some strange things. Some people recover, some don't.

It sounds more tragic because they seemingly make so much money, but in my view every person who leads a life like this is tragic.

If anything good can come out of this tragedy, hopefully it will be that.

Agreed 100%.

HBick
12/17/2009, 12:49 PM
What an awful deal, I saw yesterday that it said "life threatening injuries," I just assumed it wasn't that bad since the media blows everything out of proportion.

ESPN better spend the next week talking about this, and NOT Tiger.

Seamus
12/17/2009, 12:54 PM

Wanna lay any cash on that ... ?

Sooner in Tampa
12/17/2009, 01:06 PM
Wanna lay any cash on that ... ?
I'll take Tiger for $1,000 please.

yermom
12/17/2009, 01:15 PM
What an awful deal, I saw yesterday that it said "life threatening injuries," I just assumed it wasn't that bad since the media blows everything out of proportion.

they'll just compare it to Tiger...

it's a 2 for 1 deal

BoulderSooner79
12/17/2009, 01:16 PM

Not that I want to hear more about Tiger, but I don't see a lot to talk about. There are only so many ways to say tragic.

King Barry's Back
12/17/2009, 02:05 PM
Not that I want to hear more about Tiger, but I don't see a lot to talk about. There are only so many ways to say tragic.

Here's a twist -- how close was Tiger to meeting the same fate? He crashed/rolled the Escalade. One wrong move, twisting the neck wrong, for example, he could have met his maker.

Never mind what Elin would have done to him if he hadn't high-tailed out of there.

Collier11
12/17/2009, 02:09 PM
By all accounts he was a good person who made some bad decisions and was finally on the right path, that is what makes this even more sad, some people may have seen Chad Johnson (ochocinco) on ESPN breaking down while talking about this and thinking it was contrived but one of the ESPN guys in the locker room said it took Johnson atleast 20 minutes to get himself under control enough to even go on tv, his teammates really loved this guy

badger
12/17/2009, 02:36 PM
It did sound like Chris Henry was finally trying to turn his life around after being given one last chance at a pro career by Cincy. He was going to be married, he was going to take care of his kids, he was helping lead Cincy to one of its best seasons in franchise history (their record is 11 wins, they're at 9 right now).

I hope the next time a player in the pros or a college one with pro aspirations thinks of doing something like this, they remember Chris Henry.

ouduckhunter
12/17/2009, 03:12 PM
By all accounts he was a good person who made some bad decisions and was finally on the right path, that is what makes this even more sad, some people may have seen Chad Johnson (ochocinco) on ESPN breaking down while talking about this and thinking it was contrived but one of the ESPN guys in the locker room said it took Johnson atleast 20 minutes to get himself under control enough to even go on tv, his teammates really loved this guy

Man, this is really sad stuff. Speaks volumes when the team and somebody like Ochocinco completely breaks down.

RIP Chris!

VA Sooner
12/17/2009, 11:54 PM
Tragic loss. Thought he was turning things around. I saw the interview with Ochocinco... doubt we'll be seeing any hi-jinks this weekend.

RIP Henry.