PDA

View Full Version : Are you Red Dirt Ready ?

2Dogs
12/16/2009, 05:06 PM
Well, are you ?

http://www.ok.gov/reddirtready/

soonerbrat
12/16/2009, 05:09 PM
yes.
i keep everything in my bomb shelter.

TheHumanAlphabet
12/16/2009, 05:17 PM
Okay, seems really Liberace Gay.

Question, the threat alert bar goes from high to low (left to right). As a Human Factors and Ergonomics professional I would say this is wrong or counterintuitive as the bar should go from low to high (left to right).

Does this seem odd to anyone else?

Denton_Sooner
12/16/2009, 09:16 PM
Okay, seems really Liberace Gay.

Question, the threat alert bar goes from high to low (left to right). As a Human Factors and Ergonomics professional I would say this is wrong or counterintuitive as the bar should go from low to high (left to right).

Does this seem odd to anyone else?

Its a left-handed chart, you need to download the right-handed version..:D

Chuck Bao
12/16/2009, 10:23 PM
WTF is that? Talk about scaring folks silly. Are you ready for a red dirt nap? That is how I read it and it is beyond crazy. Why would they do that? Dirt gives only one impression and it's not a good one.

SicEmBaylor
12/16/2009, 10:28 PM
i gucking love redi dirt msuic.

batonrougesooner
12/16/2009, 11:11 PM
Exactly. I love me some red dirt music. So I guess I'm ready for some...

batonrougesooner
12/16/2009, 11:17 PM
by the way, anyone else notice it was Morgan Freeman doing the voice over on the tv commercial?

I've always liked that guy. Will forever be "Red" to me in Shawshank.

Chuck Bao
12/16/2009, 11:24 PM
You must be joking about a TV commercial and for Homeland Security to hire Morgan Freeman. I realize that many actors donate time for public service spots, but seriously this campaign is crazy.

olevetonahill
12/16/2009, 11:59 PM
If the shat hit the Fan Im ready

Gots a ground sheet, a roll of Duct tape, a can of Beans. and a hunk of Cheese cloth

Im good to go .

setem
12/17/2009, 12:26 AM
Red Dirt Rangers are pretty bad ***!

I like that Stoney Larue he is pertty dern good!

Denton_Sooner
12/17/2009, 09:36 AM
I like that Stoney Larue he is pertty dern good!

Is the Red Dirt Saloon still on Campus Corner?

I remember seeing Stoney Larue there damn near 10 years ago... It was in the old Liberty D's building.

OUDoc
12/17/2009, 09:55 AM
If the shat hit the Fan Im ready

Gots a ground sheet, a roll of Duct tape, a can of Beans. and a hunk of Cheese cloth

Im good to go .

The sheep better get nervous. ;)

olevetonahill
12/17/2009, 01:55 PM
The sheep better get nervous. ;)

I aint no dayum Aggie :eek:

Chuck Bao
12/17/2009, 08:49 PM
I am still angry about this. Who signed off on this travesty?

What was it? Oklahoma is a red state and we all should get our warm and fuzzies about red dirt?

My own family's farm is black land, I guess sediment deposits from a shallow ocean some 90 million years ago. I can't speak for anyone else but I am curious if anyone here is keen to talk about their "red dirt" farm. The fact is that there is some really poignant symbolism going on here and maybe some catch it and I am not sure the majority would. I am definitely saying that this Homeland Security PR exercise is misguided.

olevetonahill
12/17/2009, 08:52 PM
Chuck Western OK is pretty much all RED Dirt
jes sayin

Chuck Bao
12/17/2009, 09:06 PM
Chuck Western OK is pretty much all RED Dirt
jes sayin

That was what I was looking for and thank you, Olevet. It is really red and because of why? I still haven't heard any farmer talking about his red dirt farm. Maybe there are some and maybe they have the right to brag. Red in a clay soil means what, iron?

olevetonahill
12/17/2009, 09:18 PM
Dont know Bro
I just know that Red dirt out there grows a whole lot of wheat and Cotton every year

Chuck Bao
12/17/2009, 09:19 PM
We have lots and lots of geologists graduates from OU posting here. Where are they to explain the red dirt phenom?

Frozen Sooner
12/17/2009, 09:29 PM
We have lots and lots of geologists graduates from OU posting here. Where are they to explain the red dirt phenom?

You got it in one. Presence of iron oxide.

StoopTroup
1/10/2010, 03:21 PM
You got it in one. Presence of iron oxide.

Isn't Iron Oxide a poster here?

Okla-homey
1/10/2010, 07:14 PM
Well, are you ?

http://www.ok.gov/reddirtready/

Yep. I'm married to an RN, own a variety of firearms with plenty of ammunition and know where the LDS people live in my neighborhood -- who, by LDS rule, must keep a year's supply of non-perishable food on hand at all times. See, no need to stockpile food, just know where it's been stockpiled.:D

AlbqSooner
1/10/2010, 08:55 PM
I guess if times got really critical I could knock over an LDS warehouse, but DAY UM that seems wrong.:D

Chuck Bao
1/10/2010, 09:22 PM
My family's farm or my part of the family farm is deep rich blackland. The rocks are actually sentiment and shells from an ocean 90 million years ago. How did part of Oklahoma get so much iron in the soil?

I still hate this marketing campaign of Red Dirt Ready.

And, I'm glad my not one of Homey's new neighbors or I would have to have a gun fight with him.

Half a Hundred
1/10/2010, 09:26 PM
I don't see any specialized rules for the zombie apocalypse. Clearly, these guys haven't thought all their scenarios through yet.

Denton_Sooner
1/10/2010, 09:26 PM
, by LDS rule, must keep a year's supply of non-perishable food on hand at all times. See, no need to stockpile food, just know where it's been stockpiled.:D

Man, that brings back memories. My best friend growing up as a child was LDS and his family had rows and rows of canisters of rice/dry beans that lined the cupboards in the kitchen.

StoopTroup
1/10/2010, 09:31 PM
Yep. I'm married to an RN, own a variety of firearms with plenty of ammunition and know where the LDS people live in my neighborhood -- who, by LDS rule, must keep a year's supply of non-perishable food on hand at all times. See, no need to stockpile food, just know where it's been stockpiled.:D

They quit stopping by my House since I tried to convert them. :D

Chuck Bao
1/10/2010, 10:01 PM
They quit stopping by my House since I tried to convert them. :D

You are not Red Dirt Ready then. Get to know the LDS and...and...wait they don't drink coke and they don't drink whiskey, right? Awww ****. I am going to have to find new neighbors I can steal from.