PDA

View Full Version : So, How is your NFL team doing and what position do they need to draft?

stoops the eternal pimp
12/16/2009, 04:04 PM
Oakland Raiders

This Season: Some of the same old suckage Raider fans are used to.

What Position: Not sure where to start but I would like to see them take Russell Okung and shore up that LT spot..

NormanPride
12/16/2009, 04:09 PM
This season: Defense is lights out, and the offense is clicking pretty well for the Pack.

What position: I'd say OL. Rodgers has been sacked a ton, and we need to get someone who can shore up our OL which seems to be overachieving as it is. Also, I'd love to get Gerhart from Stanford as a FB... I love our O but still want more of a steady running game. Also a good opportunity to pick up a backup RB that's a sleeper. Everyone dreams of that... :)

Jello Biafra
12/16/2009, 04:12 PM
dum bears

OL

the end

Collier11
12/16/2009, 04:15 PM
I am a Chiefs fan, we are 3-10 but we have actually had 4 games that we lost by 6 or less, we arent far off from being a playoff contender, im not sure about a playoff impact team though.

The emergence of Jamal Charles has been great to see, he is alot like Chris Johnson, just not quite as good. We need OL help and DB help and DL help to start. I would like to see Okung, Suh, or Berry at safety if any of those players happen to fall to us

BoulderSooner79
12/16/2009, 04:22 PM
Used to be a Bronco fan in the Elway days and their new coach seems to be on the right track.

They need Sam to replace Orton in '11 and I think they have the bears' 1st round pick.

JLEW1818
12/16/2009, 04:22 PM
Houston,

we could use a Safety or Corner

an Oline would not hurt either ...

Running back, take Spiller if he is there, why the **** not

stoops the eternal pimp
12/16/2009, 04:23 PM
Whats up with Slaton this season?

JLEW1818
12/16/2009, 04:25 PM
Whats up with Slaton this season?

had a good rookie season, and everybody jumped on his dong

don't you love fans, who get sold after one season?

rawlingsHOH
12/16/2009, 04:26 PM
Vikings...

I'm thinking a DT or a DB, get younger. Maybe an interior OL guy depending on how the staff views Sullivan.

Collier11
12/16/2009, 04:27 PM
He has been hurt some and I heard he tried to get a little bigger in the offseason and it may have effected his speed...im not positive if this is true, just what ive heard

JLEW1818
12/16/2009, 04:27 PM
I am a Chiefs fan, we are 3-10 but we have actually had 4 games that we lost by 6 or less, we arent far off from being a playoff contender, im not sure about a playoff impact team though.

The emergence of Jamal Charles has been great to see, he is alot like Chris Johnson, just not quite as good. We need OL help and DB help and DL help to start. I would like to see Okung, Suh, or Berry at safety if any of those players happen to fall to us

how does it feel cheering for a horn and a trojan.. heh. the 2 offensive play-makers

JLEW1818
12/16/2009, 04:28 PM
Vikings...

I'm thinking a DT or a DB, get younger. Maybe an interior OL guy depending on how the staff views Sullivan.

do they take Bradford if available? :D

stoops the eternal pimp
12/16/2009, 04:30 PM
Vikings...

I was thinking about the Vikings needing somebody to back up the Williamses and then able to start in a couple of years...There is a 3 or 4 good DT's that will be available late in the 1st..Maybe Jones from 'Cuse or the kid from NC

Collier11
12/16/2009, 04:32 PM
how does it feel cheering for a horn and a trojan.. heh. the 2 offensive play-makers

Its the NFL, I dont really have a choice. Id rather not have any horns or trogans or Irish or pokes, but if I gotta, I gotta

BoulderSooner79
12/16/2009, 04:33 PM
do they take Bradford if available? :D

Does Favre have a bunch more retire/un-retire cycles left in 'em? ;)

JLEW1818
12/16/2009, 04:34 PM
true true

Cushing, defensive rookie of the year?

I don't see how Harvin will not win offensive rookie of the year

Collier11
12/16/2009, 04:37 PM
Harvin cant get back on the field, those migraines are killing him

Jello Biafra
12/16/2009, 04:42 PM

is that what they call that up in minnesota? they call it pussalossis down here.

BoomerSooner, esq.
12/16/2009, 04:45 PM
the lions......

Every season I have less pain in admitting I am a fan because they have become laughable.

However, both lines need serious help as well as secondary help. Giving up Shaun Rogers and Dre Bly (two good veteran starters) was a bad move.

I would like to see us trade down, mostly because we dont have the money to sign a big name. Pick up some mid 1st and 2nd round solid lineman would be nice.

BUT knowing the Lions, say hello to Golden Tate everybody.

Collier11
12/16/2009, 04:45 PM
is that what they call that up in minnesota? they call it pussalossis down here.

I thought they called that cutleritis in Chicago?

rawlingsHOH
12/16/2009, 04:46 PM
Does Favre have a bunch more retire/un-retire cycles left in 'em? ;)

I think the hope is he'll be back for one more season, and I think it is a pretty good chance at that, assuming they don't win it all this year.

JLEW1818
12/16/2009, 04:47 PM

hell I'd give it to him still ... dudes been a freak!

Sonner magic923
12/16/2009, 04:53 PM
cowboys

o my where do i start?

most cowboy fans say we need a qb, but im one of the Romo guys, i actually think hes having one of best seasons. I guess if were to say what they need most id have to go with a play making wr that will make a play cuz the fake just aint gettin it done but whos available this year?

Collier11
12/16/2009, 04:54 PM
Romo is having a decent season stat wise but what has he done this yr or ever to lead the cowboys to a good solid win during december?

westcoast_sooner
12/16/2009, 04:58 PM
For most of the season, Romo was my starter in my fantasy league - and he was a starter for me last year as well. NEVER AGAIN!!! If Sam were to go to Dallas, not sure what would happen. If he want to Minnesota, he's more an Aaron Rogers type guy than he is a Favre guy, but would be interesting to see him there.

rawlingsHOH
12/16/2009, 04:59 PM
cowboys

o my where do i start?

most cowboy fans say we need a qb, but im one of the Romo guys, i actually think hes having one of best seasons. I guess if were to say what they need most id have to go with a play making wr that will make a play cuz the fake just aint gettin it done but whos available this year?

Romo's phone would be ringing off the hook.

There are about 20 NFL teams who'd love to have him as their starter.

rawlingsHOH
12/16/2009, 05:02 PM
For most of the season, Romo was my starter in my fantasy league - and he was a starter for me last year as well. NEVER AGAIN!!! If Sam were to go to Dallas, not sure what would happen. If he want to Minnesota, he's more an Aaron Rogers type guy than he is a Favre guy, but would be interesting to see him there.
I don't do fantasy stuff, but I'd think Romo would be an excellent fantasy player.

He's the only QB in NFL history to start his career with 3 straight 90+ passer rating seasons, as a starter. And he's about to do it for a 4th year! Hall of Fame type of stats, so far.

JLEW1818
12/16/2009, 05:03 PM
Lebron like... no rings!!! heh.

Sonner magic923
12/16/2009, 05:03 PM

ya i know just saying its like im constantly defending the guy it gets old.

badger
12/16/2009, 05:05 PM
I'm a Packers fan, and I don't care what position we draft, so long as we get someone from the University of Oklahoma that stays on the roster (NOT the practice squad).

rawlingsHOH
12/16/2009, 05:05 PM
Lebron like... no rings!!! heh.

Remember, they'd say the same thing about Elway if he would have retired just two years earlier. He's still the same dude.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/16/2009, 05:07 PM
cowboys

o my where do i start?

Imagine if Dez Bryant slid enough for them to pick him up..

Jello Biafra
12/16/2009, 05:09 PM

WHY?!

hes still a dude who 's not afraid to put on a c*cksucker hat. only two people can wear that type of hat... mickey rooney and the old smelly dude at the bowling alley. homo is such a poos that simpson thinks hes queer.

JLEW1818
12/16/2009, 05:09 PM
Remember, they'd say the same thing about Elway if he would have retired just two years earlier. He's still the same dude.

hehe, yah i was teasing.. football is different.. u can still be one of the greats without the ring.

Sonner magic923
12/16/2009, 05:18 PM
Imagine if Dez Bryant slid enough for them to pick him up..

ya probably not gona happen i think they gave up there first and third this year for fake...could be wrong...even if they had him sitting there theyd trade out of it just like they traded out of getting Steven Jackson to take Jullius Jones. :rolleyes:

stoops the eternal pimp
12/16/2009, 05:22 PM
Houston,

we could use a Safety or Corner

an Oline would not hurt either ...

Running back, take Spiller if he is there, why the **** not

Taylor Mays should be there, but he is sliding

rawlingsHOH
12/16/2009, 05:34 PM
Taylor Mays should be there, but he is sliding
He's a linebacker to me. Those big-assed safeties are a dying breed. The saftey of 2010 has to be a hybrid guy, some corner skills. Someone who doesn't automatically get mismatched when locked onto the slot guy (Welker, Harvin, Jackson, etc).

stoops the eternal pimp
12/16/2009, 05:40 PM
I'm not sure right now with him...If he runs good, he'll stay at safety...also will depend on if he can play with another 15 lbs on him

BoulderSooner79
12/16/2009, 05:42 PM
If Mays really is the fastest guy on the 'SC team like they claim, he'll stay at safety. Bulking him up to play LB would be a waste.

caleou1
12/16/2009, 05:43 PM
Cowboys

HC, WR, and OL..I think Romo is a good QB and could be among the great ones soon

pappy
12/16/2009, 05:44 PM
Patriots...

RB or someone in the back 8 (they run a 3-4) preferably a pass rushing OLB

rawlingsHOH
12/16/2009, 06:00 PM
If Mays really is the fastest guy on the 'SC team like they claim, he'll stay at safety. Bulking him up to play LB would be a waste.
That's exactly why Al Davis' teams suck. There is straight line speed and there are coverage skills. They are often independent.

westcoast_sooner
12/16/2009, 06:10 PM
I don't do fantasy stuff, but I'd think Romo would be an excellent fantasy player.

He's the only QB in NFL history to start his career with 3 straight 90+ passer rating seasons, as a starter. And he's about to do it for a 4th year! Hall of Fame type of stats, so far.

The problem with Romo is that one week he would get 25 points for my team, and the next 3 weeks he would get 8, 2 and go negative once. He's not the only reason my fantasy team sucked, but as a QB, I need someone that will throw for 300 yds or a couple of TDs a week. Romo just isn't that consistent.

BoulderSooner79
12/16/2009, 07:08 PM
That's exactly why Al Davis' teams suck. There is straight line speed and there are coverage skills. They are often independent.

Right, but Mays was supposed to be a lock for a 1st round pick last year, so he must not be weak in coverage. I know, that was just projections w/o a combine, so grain of salt. I was forced fed some 'SC games out here and Mays looked good in coverage. He did seem to always be looking for the big hit to show off his manliness - the high hits that draw flags and fines in the NFL, so he'll have to adjust his game.

Explodo
12/16/2009, 07:53 PM
Vikings - We need a young QB to learn from Favre. Mr. Bradford would be perfect for that. WE also need a Defensive linemen and O-line guys. MAybe draft a real center in the middle rounds.

Personaly, I'm really hoping for a QB.

misplacedsooner
12/16/2009, 08:03 PM
life long lions fan here.
we need everything. funny thing, i saw today a detroit writer was saying we should trade calvin johnson for draft picks,lol. they would just pick up more wr with those picks.
honestly//i dont know where to begin with who they should take, suh if available, if not mccoy.

Mjcpr
12/16/2009, 08:05 PM
Cowboys

WR, OL, DL, S, CB

JLEW1818
12/16/2009, 08:08 PM
so whats dallas gonna do? draft Dez Bryant. and all of a sudden Dez is better than dbag Roy Williams, and Miles w/e his smile is?

i hate the cowboys almost as much as i hate horns... hehe.

OUinFLA
12/16/2009, 09:21 PM
Im a Tampa fan.

We could use the first 10 picks in the draft and then they all agree to sign for $1 million for 5 years................and we would still suck.

It's hard to be a Bucs fan.

soonerinabilene
12/16/2009, 09:59 PM
Cowboys

WR, OL, DL, S, CB, Cowher

fixed.

John Kochtoston
12/16/2009, 10:04 PM
Redskins:

Need both O-linemen and a QB. They'll take a QB. Bradford in Burgundy has a nice ring to it.

Ardmore_Sooner
12/16/2009, 10:09 PM
My Pack are 9-4 and one (realistically two) more wins from being playoff bound. Rodgers has matured a lot and this team really has got it going after losing to a one win Tampa team.

The defense may be the best in the league. They would be good to draft an O-Lineman, but not a lot of great players at that position, so I'm hoping for C.J. Spiller from Clemson. Ryan Grant is a good RB, but a slot, move around, catching a pass out of the backfield guy would be great.

pappy
12/16/2009, 10:19 PM
so whats dallas gonna do? draft Dez Bryant. and all of a sudden Dez is better than dbag Roy Williams, and Miles w/e his smile is?

i hate the cowboys almost as much as i hate horns... hehe.

I hate the cowboys and horns with a passion. I watch the cowboys games and go for whoever is playing them. my 2nd worst favorite team is the chargers and I only go for them if they're playing dallas.

A great football weekend is this...OU wins and the Pats win. USC, Texas, Florida and dallas lose.

Eielson
12/16/2009, 10:23 PM
Rams are beastin it at 1-12!

We need...well, what don't we need?

Most of my fellow Rams fans seem to want Suh. I would like Suh, but I would still rather have Bradford. It appears we will go with Suh. Win-win situation I feel.

Our OLBs are also awful. We started Mr. Irrelevant. I mean...seriously?

rawlingsHOH
12/16/2009, 10:31 PM
My Pack are 9-4 and one (realistically two) more wins from being playoff bound. Rodgers has matured a lot and this team really has got it going after losing to a one win Tampa team.

The defense may be the best in the league. They would be good to draft an O-Lineman, but not a lot of great players at that position, so I'm hoping for C.J. Spiller from Clemson. Ryan Grant is a good RB, but a slot, move around, catching a pass out of the backfield guy would be great.

Amazing how well/fast they transitioned to the 3-4. And they did it without much contribution from arguably their best defensive player of the last few years, Kampman.

Woodson is defensive MVP.

JLEW1818
12/16/2009, 10:34 PM
freaking Dom.... i had to put up with his **** in Houston for a couple years.... he just aint a head coach i guess....

nothing wrong with being an NFL DC, for a career

nothing wrong at all with that

Ardmore_Sooner
12/16/2009, 10:42 PM
Amazing how well/fast they transitioned to the 3-4. And they did it without much contribution from arguably their best defensive player of the last few years, Kampman.

Woodson is defensive MVP.

It really has been remarkable. The only team to really just get the best (if you want to say that) of the D was Favre/AD. And pick your poison really. We picked to go after AD twice and got beat twice through the air.

colleyvillesooner
12/16/2009, 10:46 PM
The problem with Romo is that one week he would get 25 points for my team, and the next 3 weeks he would get 8, 2 and go negative once. He's not the only reason my fantasy team sucked, but as a QB, I need someone that will throw for 300 yds or a couple of TDs a week. Romo just isn't that consistent.

i have him in a yahoo league and he's a top 6 QB. you could do ALOT worse.

colleyvillesooner
12/16/2009, 10:47 PM
I'd like to see the Boys get a LB with some speed or a ball hawking saftey.

soonerborn30
12/17/2009, 02:36 AM
49ers

Creeping up to wild card status, just finished winning a huge division game against the cards.

We need a QB to throw to that Crab guy. Still not sold on Alex Smith

Aries
12/17/2009, 08:21 AM
Rams are beastin it at 1-12!

We need...well, what don't we need?

The Rams are my favorite team too. Not that I necessarily want them to, but I have a feeling they will take Suh. I'd be thrilled if they'd take Bradford, but I'd be very surprised in the first round.

Having said that, Suh vs. Texas was awesome!

Sooner in Tampa
12/17/2009, 08:34 AM
The Buccaneers are so bad that I don't even look forward to the games this year...they are just awful...so bad infact that if they don't make some sort of moves in the offseason, I may not review my season tickets.

They will probably get the # 2 pick in the draft...according to SoS the Rams are worse...I would love to have SUH.

tbl
12/17/2009, 08:52 AM
Cowboys fan here... We need to draft a new owner.

kc sooner
12/17/2009, 09:02 AM

Chiefs fan also, but I think we're pretty far off right now. Defense is horrible and Dorsey and Jackson need to improve or they are wasted draft picks again, Cassel has not looked good at all, I was hoping for more from him, and at times Haley seems in over his head. We need a lot of help on D, hopefully they can turn it around!

John Kochtoston
12/17/2009, 09:03 AM

As of today, Vinny Cerrato is available.

Sooner in Tampa
12/17/2009, 09:08 AM
Im a Tampa fan.

We could use the first 10 picks in the draft and then they all agree to sign for $1 million for 5 years................and we would still suck.

It's hard to be a Bucs fan.

^^^ This

stoops the eternal pimp
12/17/2009, 09:09 AM

Spiller would be a great fit in that offense with his ability to go out in the slot and also return kicks and punts...

BillyBall
12/17/2009, 09:29 AM
Bears

OL, WR, LBs, Safties, Owner, Coaching Staff, Fix the Stadium so it doesn't look like a UFO landed on top of it.

Sooner04
12/17/2009, 09:51 AM
It can't be too hard to be a Bucs fan if there's a Lombardi Trophy inside the team facility. Try being a Vikings fan sometime and having flashes of the '98 NFC Championship Game haunt you daily.

I'd like to see my boys in purple draft a QB, but I don't think that's the avenue they'll go. They'll need some D-line help eventually, and it'll be interesting to see how they address the LB corps considering E.J. Henderson may never get back to full strength. The defensive secondary has needed to be addressed since about 1992.

I'd trade all of our picks this year for one more Antoine Winfield.

tnemidur
12/17/2009, 09:57 AM
Buffalo Bills....one of everything

rawlingsHOH
12/17/2009, 10:03 AM
I'd trade all of our picks this year for one more Antoine Winfield.

He was a breath of fresh air, Sunday.

ouleaf
12/17/2009, 10:04 AM
Redskins:

Need both O-linemen and a QB. They'll take a QB. Bradford in Burgundy has a nice ring to it.

I think that is where McShay had Bradford projected. I hate the Redskins, and was so pleased with how awful they were to start the season, but they have come on strong as of late. Plus their owner isn't afraid to spend money to get good players in there. Would also be nice to see Bradford throwing the Malcolm out there.

Collier11
12/17/2009, 10:04 AM
The Rams are my favorite team too. Not that I necessarily want them to, but I have a feeling they will take Suh. I'd be thrilled if they'd take Bradford, but I'd be very surprised in the first round.

Having said that, Suh vs. Texas was awesome!

You guys sure turned your back on Bulger quick, the guy is a pro bowler if he has a decent line and wrs...Id go away from QB

ouleaf
12/17/2009, 10:34 AM
As far as the Cowboys go, they definitely need to get a new Head Coach. I'm completely worn out on Wade's good ole' boy persona. He rationalizes losses by saying that they are still above .500 and that makes them a winning team in his book. This team just can't string together a complete game and when the game is one the line they are unable to get the stop the need or put points on the board.

I'd also say they need to look at getting some help on the O-line. The line they have now isn't bad, but they are old and I have worried that part of the reason for their December struggles is that their old O-line start to wear down at that time.

I think Tony will be around as starting QB for a while unless he just completely breaks down next year. Manning, Brady, Brees, Rivers and maybe Rodgers are about the only ones I'd absolutely trade for in a heartbeat if it were an option.

The Cowboys could use some depth at WR. TFRW has played better as of late. Austin has had a ridiculous season. After that it gets a little thin. Crayton is inconsistent and we don't really see many others after that. They have a rookie Ogletree that could develop into a nice player.

The could also take a look at interior D-Linemen not named Jay Ratliff as well as Inside LB. Brooking has been terrific this year but he is old and some what of a liability in Pass Coverage. For some reason wade likes to play Barbie Carpenter a lot more this year which has been one of the biggest 1st round busts of all time.

They also need to find a new FG kicker. I think Folk just has the yips or something. He has no confidence out there on any kick any more which is crazy b/c he was pretty automatic up until this season.

Mjcpr
12/17/2009, 10:40 AM
I hate the cowboys and horns with a passion. I watch the cowboys games and go for whoever is playing them. my 2nd worst favorite team is the chargers and I only go for them if they're playing dallas.

A great football weekend is this...OU wins and the Pats win. USC, Texas, Florida and dallas lose.

I know aggy has a similar rooting philosophy, so you've got that.

SPuL
12/17/2009, 10:58 AM
Jags fan.

Defense looked horrid early on, but it's starting to get better. Mathis should be back soon. Ingram IMO has played pretty solidly for us.

But if the Jags draft Tim Tebow, I will seriously consider switching teams to whatever team drafts Sammy. No lie

Collier11
12/17/2009, 11:00 AM
Is it about time for Del Rio to go? It seems like the same thing every year, competing for a playoff spot and just missing

Sooner in Tampa
12/17/2009, 11:05 AM
But if the Jags draft Tim Tebow, I will seriously consider switching teams to whatever team drafts Sammy. No lie
They will rue that day!!! It will put butts in the seats...for a little while, but eventually they hate him when he falls short

ouleaf
12/17/2009, 11:08 AM
Jags fan.

Defense looked horrid early on, but it's starting to get better. Mathis should be back soon. Ingram IMO has played pretty solidly for us.

I'd be most worried about you guys keeping your team altogether. Aren't some of your games getting blacked out b/c of lack of ticket sales? You might end up rooting for the Los Angeles Jaguars

tommieharris91
12/17/2009, 11:51 AM
Has anyone mentioned that the Bears don't pick until the 3rd round this year?

TopDawg
12/17/2009, 01:33 PM
My NFL team is doing quite well so far. After starting the season 1-5, we've rattled off 7 wins in our last 8 games.

Despite poor performances from Warner and Breaston last week, we were able to win our first round playoff game on the backs of Dallas Clark, Ricky Williams, Jamaal Charles and the Tennessee Defense. (Yes, I do feel dirty for having two longhorns on my team.)

This week we go up against Rhino. DeSean Jackson, Andre Johnson and Frank Gore worry me. I'm hoping the Dallas offense can put up big numbers against the New Orleans defense without much help from Jason Witten. I'm also hoping for the Cards to bounce back from their embarrassing game last week and run up the score on the Lions.

As far as the draft goes, I'll get to keep 3 of them but I'll need to draft just about every position all over again.

Bourbon St Sooner
12/17/2009, 02:56 PM
Saints.

This is one of the few years where we don't have to begin thinking about the draft in December so I'll leave it at that.

What we really need is for Hartley to quit missing extra points and a couple of healthy cornerbacks.

TopDawg
12/17/2009, 02:57 PM
You need to throw more TD passes to Colston, too.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/17/2009, 03:01 PM
You need to throw more TD passes to Colston, too.

This..I took him too early for Brees to look elsewhere

Collier11
12/17/2009, 03:06 PM
Saints.

This is one of the few years where we don't have to begin thinking about the draft in December so I'll leave it at that.

What we really need is for Hartley to quit missing extra points and a couple of healthy cornerbacks.

Hartley has made back to back game winners for you guys, I wouldnt worry too much about his being 5/6 in EP's

TUSooner
12/17/2009, 03:07 PM
Saints.

Yep. Not much for us to complain about, for a change.
I guess that means Payton can just go out and get the baddest dudes available without worrying too much about positions.

Bourbon St Sooner
12/17/2009, 03:15 PM
Hartley has made back to back game winners for you guys, I wouldnt worry too much about his being 5/6 in EP's

Yeah, he's something like 19 of 20 in 2 years with the Saints (only miss being a 57 yarder), but I still get a little nervous when he comes out. Something tells me he's not a great practice player because it took so long for them to activate him this year, but he makes them when the lights are on.

Collier11
12/17/2009, 03:21 PM
yep, he will be in the league for a long time it looks like, old man Carney can go back to his rocking chair now. I was shocked at how bad Hartley missed that 57 yarder, usually he is dead on

MichiganSooner
12/17/2009, 03:25 PM
The Lions are, well, the Lions. They could use the first 32 picks of the draft but doubt if it would help.

Salt City Sooner
12/17/2009, 07:53 PM
Bengals.

With the events of the past day (R.I.P. Chris), plus the non-emergence of Simpson, I'm thinking WR just shot way up the draft board. Chad's pretty much the only one that strikes any fear in a D-backfield these days.

Other than that, I'd say that the other 2 areas that concern me are OL (Bobbie Williams is okay, but he ain't gettin' any younger), & LB (Dhani Jones isn't a spring chicken either).

rawlingsHOH
12/17/2009, 08:09 PM
The Lions are, well, the Lions. They could use the first 32 picks of the draft but doubt if it would help.

That is an interesting thought....

Say you start a team from scratch, but gave them the first 32 picks, how good would they be? You'd figure eventually they'd be the best team in the league. But could they finish .500 in year one?

pappy
12/17/2009, 09:44 PM

as an owner jerry jones should go into the nfl hall of fame. As a gm he should be fired.

pappy
12/17/2009, 09:47 PM
I know aggy has a similar rooting philosophy, so you've got that.

yeah but aggy doesn't want OU to win.

SPuL
12/17/2009, 11:36 PM
Is it about time for Del Rio to go? It seems like the same thing every year, competing for a playoff spot and just missing

I don't know man. The Jags have been under some unrealistic expectations though. Last year, the Jags were expected to be a play-off contender. Not trying to be cliche, but they became seriously injury depleted. But that was due to having an old team, and having draft picks that busted. (need I bring up the 3 straight WR's in first round that aren't even on the roster to this day) ughh

But this year, the Jags were expected to be in a rebuilding year. They're really young on both sides of the ball. They've really overachieved this season. That can be largely in part due to a successful draft. A lot of late picks have proved critical on special teams and on offense (hence the Jags having a top 10 offense this year). The offense played really good tonight against the Colts.

The defense though, is definitely a question mark. Reggie Nelson has not panned out. I'd call him a bust. I mean, that play on Wayne at the end was HORRIBLE. HORRIBLE. It all starts with the DL. The Jags two young DL will have to step up. Henderson is getting old. They only have 11 sacks this yr. I know SINGLE players who have close to that on the season.

But if the Jags can have another successful draft like this year, look for them to be in the picture this late again next season. They definitely need to draft a young QB for sure. Passing up on Henne is looking like a blunder.

They will rue that day!!! It will put butts in the seats...for a little while, but eventually they hate him when he falls short

haha true man. But forget that. I don't care where they play. I want the Jags to win. That's all that matters to me. If Jacksonville can't be greatful for what only 29 other cities have, then screw them. Let another city enjoy them.

I'd be most worried about you guys keeping your team altogether. Aren't some of your games getting blacked out b/c of lack of ticket sales? You might end up rooting for the Los Angeles Jaguars

Well, like I said before. I don't live in Jacksonville so doesn't concern me too much. But what the fans are doing there is DISGRACEFUL. A couple games back only 35,000 showed up for the game. 35,000 for a team that was in the wild card picture. ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?! It's disgusting. It really is. Jacksonville doesn't deserve a football team if they can't fill the seats. HELL, the Browns suck and seem to have a pretty full stadium.

Oh well. I found it funny though what Bill Simmons said about Jags. That if they made a deep play-off run, they could be the first team to have a postseason game blacked out. LOL

tbl
12/18/2009, 10:00 AM
as an owner jerry jones should go into the nfl hall of fame. As a gm he should be fired.

When he first came in and cleaned house and brought Jimmy in, it really was genius. I know it's cliche, but Jimmy really was the one who got the drafts, made the trades, cut the people that weren't good, and built the atmosphere that went on to win 3 Superbowls. When Barry came in, he inherited an amazing team and as one of the best CFB coaches of all time, he was going to get that third one, and he did. Since then, Jerry's thought his way would work and look at where we are. We haven't won a playoff game since Chelsea Clinton was bopping around the White House.

Romo is a good QB. We have talent all over that team.. but our coach sucks and the reason why is b/c Jerry can't sit back and let somebody like Parcells do their job. It looked like Jerry had gotten a little wisdom and we were on the way with Parcells (he is the reason we have the talent we have right now), but Jerry had to go sign TO (or as Parcells referred to him, "the player") which was in direct opposition to what Parcells wanted, so he bailed and here comes Wade. Super nice guy, great defensive coordinator, but awful head coach in clutch time. Look at his career in December and playoff record.

All this comes back to Jerry. I supported that dude as long as possible, but I'm done. I'll always be a Cowboys fan, but I've accepted that as long as Jerry continues to be an arrogant fool that thinks he can do this his way, we'll continue the streak of sucking down the stretch.

Sooner in Tampa
12/18/2009, 10:28 AM
Has anyone mentioned that the Bears don't pick until the 3rd round this year?
:D But, but, but, You have Gaines Adams :D

Soonerwake
12/18/2009, 11:40 AM
Dolphins - QB and WR - Bradford and some other guy

Oldnslo
12/18/2009, 11:46 AM
Saints

I'm a believer that most games are won or lost on the lines. I'd get more on our D-line, just because.

Collier11
12/18/2009, 01:01 PM

They could break Colts heart and get Bradford + Shipley

Eielson
12/18/2009, 05:58 PM
You guys sure turned your back on Bulger quick, the guy is a pro bowler if he has a decent line and wrs...Id go away from QB

He doesn't have it anymore. Even if he did, he's 32. We need a quarterback.

Scott D
12/18/2009, 08:36 PM
the lions......

Every season I have less pain in admitting I am a fan because they have become laughable.

However, both lines need serious help as well as secondary help. Giving up Shaun Rogers and Dre Bly (two good veteran starters) was a bad move.

I would like to see us trade down, mostly because we dont have the money to sign a big name. Pick up some mid 1st and 2nd round solid lineman would be nice.

BUT knowing the Lions, say hello to Golden Tate everybody.

lol Matt Millen isn't calling the shots up here anymore. It looks like Jim Schwartz will have a big say in the draft also, so I'd expect some defensive picks.

okiewaker
12/18/2009, 09:49 PM
Eagles fan. They need a LB or two, maybe a D lineman as well.

thatmediadude
12/19/2009, 12:19 AM

Dolphins fan.

^^QB? WHY?? Chad Henne has won! He has a cannon.. He knows how to win.. He is making it work with his crapshoot of receivers. This is going to pain me to say, as it has for the past few months, but I'd be estatic if we drafted Dez.. Henne is the answer at QB. He will remind people of Ben Roethlisberger/Carson Palmer before it's all said and done.. He's a gamer. I love having him at the helm. He sat being Pennington for a year and watched CP10 win games all year. We have GOT to have a WR in the first round.. I hope Parcells gets off his, "I'm not gonna draft a WR in the 1st round kick"

thatmediadude
12/19/2009, 12:20 AM

Dolphins fan.

^^QB? WHY?? Chad Henne has won! He has a cannon.. He knows how to win.. He is making it work with his crapshoot of receivers. This is going to pain me to say, as it has for the past few months, but I'd be estatic if we drafted Dez.. Henne is the answer at QB. He will remind people of Ben Roethlisberger/Carson Palmer before it's all said and done.. He's a gamer. I love having him at the helm. He sat being Pennington for a year and watched CP10 win games all year. We have GOT to have a WR in the first round.. I hope Parcells gets off his, "I'm not gonna draft a WR in the 1st round kick"

thatmediadude
12/19/2009, 12:21 AM

Dolphins fan.

KiiDSooNER
12/19/2009, 08:12 AM
Titans fan here.

DE/LB/CB. Those are the top things we need. Kyle Vanden Bosch is a free agent after this season, and he's aging. We need to bring in a young end who can get pressure. As for the linebacking crew, we're getting old and need a new punisher. Gerald McRath shows promise, but I want someone a little better than him. I'd love to get McClain. And we need a young upcoming cornerback to replace Nick Harper. Joe Haden is a guy I'd love to get, but at this point I doubt he's there.

Scott D
12/19/2009, 11:32 AM
for the Phins the mediadude got it right in all 3 of his posts..Henne is the QB of the future there, and the kid isn't bad at all. However that being said, Ted Ginn is basically having a faster Desmond Howard, and Devonn Bess is a slot receiver at best...they get a #1 WR to go with Henne and their running game and the Dolphins will be even more of a force to reckon with.