PDA

View Full Version : OOTFRWes overreacts at fan behavior? I'm shocked. Shocked, I say.

John Kochtoston
12/15/2009, 05:29 PM
:D

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/blog/the_dagger/post/Roy-Williams-kicks-out-heckling-fan-at-the-Dean-?urn=ncaab,208335

Collier11
12/15/2009, 05:39 PM
what a titty baby

stoops the eternal pimp
12/15/2009, 05:49 PM
after watching the video, I conclude that c11 is right...good lowered Roy...

OUstud
12/15/2009, 05:52 PM
*********!

yermom
12/15/2009, 05:59 PM
wow.

what an ***

badger
12/15/2009, 06:02 PM
What the article didn't say:

The Other Fake Roy Williams (also known as TOFRW), as coach of the University of North Carolina bsaketball team, instructed his player Deon Thompson to make his free throw.

"Hey Deon, don't miss it," Williams said in his most straight-forward, coach-like voice in a commanding fashion.

Players and fans alike rolled their eyes at Fake Williams' coaching. Surely this was why the Tar Heels were paying him millions to give expert instruction like this.

Suddenly, without warning, a Presbyterian fan repeated what Fake Williams said in a mocking tone:

"Hey Deon, don't miss it!" shouted the fan.

This caused all of Tar Heel nation to laugh, including Deon, who loved that he could say what none of them would get away with.

Embarrassed, Fake Williams ensured that this fan would not get away with this mockery of his expert coaching guidance.

(ok, so this might not have happened, but I can d@mn sure picture it happening!)

Eielson
12/15/2009, 08:17 PM
Wouldn't not missing it be a positive thing?

Ardmore_Sooner
12/15/2009, 11:02 PM
Roy has doomed his players to (even more) mockery and taunting for the entire season. Way to throw fuel on the fire moron.

P.S. I should've been kicked out of every away sporting event in my life by Roy's standards.

NormanPride
12/16/2009, 11:40 AM
Roy's always been a doofus. I hope every team he plays this year chants that over and over and over. I hope it becomes his anthem whenever he leaves the home court. I hope it follows him to retirement. What an ***.

sooner518
12/17/2009, 09:00 AM
wow. this is pretty lame. from the article, I would guess that someone from the UNC AD gave this Pres. guy his tickets and Roy was mad about that...? Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Elaine gets in trouble for wearing an Orioles cap in the Yankee owner's box.

stupid

fwsooner22
12/17/2009, 09:35 AM
Didn't the same Roy go after one of our students for pointing at one of his players as he slid into the band or student section under the basket at LNC. Almost sure that happened. Someone help my failing memory.

Sooner04
12/17/2009, 09:52 AM
1995. It was Jerod Haase. They were #1.

Ernie Abercrombie from the corner......

the_ouskull
12/17/2009, 10:59 AM
Yeah, uh... I heard about that Jerod Hasse incident too. Hard to believe that Roy would do something like that, though, I mean, unless you see it with your own eyes... I wonder who the lucky fans were.

the_ouskull

Collier11
12/17/2009, 11:26 AM
something tells me you were in the vicinity

John Kochtoston
12/17/2009, 05:59 PM
Yeah, uh... I heard about that Jerod Hasse incident too. Hard to believe that Roy would do something like that, though, I mean, unless you see it with your own eyes... I wonder who the lucky fans were.

the_ouskull

I remember there was this fat dude down there ...

Frozen Sooner
12/17/2009, 07:58 PM

the_ouskull

I remember there was this fat dude down there ...

There was this one Jewish guy too...

TopDawg
12/18/2009, 12:13 PM
So as I'm reading through this thread I'm thinking "I need to write about the time Roy stormed over to Kelvin's Korner and ripped into me for pointing at Jerod Haase when he slid into us."

Well, actually it wasn't me...it was the guy right next to me and BlindCajun. During the games that I wasn't TD, I was down there in Kelvin's Korner.

But that means that it couldn't've been 1995. At I don't think it was 1996 either. I'm thinking it was 1997...Haase's senior year. They were ranked #1, but we lost that one 68-70. First year of Big XII play.

TopDawg
12/18/2009, 12:13 PM
Skull...were you in Kelvin's Korner too?

Sooner04
12/18/2009, 12:22 PM
I remember it being 1995.

John Kochtoston
12/18/2009, 01:05 PM
It was 1995.

TopDawg
12/18/2009, 03:05 PM
I trust 04's memory more than mine, but I've got a visual of it happening with my perspective being from Kelvin's Korner. Maybe I dreamed it.

Collier11
12/18/2009, 03:29 PM
Roy should have to give this guy his money back and let him kick him in the nuts

TopDawg
12/18/2009, 04:00 PM
Yeah, y'all are right...95. Also, it was called Kelvins' Krew.

Growing old is a *****.

King Barry's Back
12/22/2009, 03:32 AM
Can someone elaborate on this "pointing" situation? Thanks. I'll take your answer offline.

TopDawg
12/22/2009, 01:52 PM
Haase goes after a ball that's headed out of bounds on the north baseline. He trips up or dives or something and slides into the feet of the crazy students that stand behind the cheer squad on the NE corner of the court. One of the students stands over him while he's on the ground and starts pointing at him and yelling something. Roy comes rushing over to "protect" his player from the mean OU students.

I'd give you more details about exactly what Roy did, but as you can see, my memory of this event might not be the most reliable.

irsooner
12/23/2009, 06:14 PM
Haase goes after a ball that's headed out of bounds on the north baseline. He trips up or dives or something and slides into the feet of the crazy students that stand behind the cheer squad on the NE corner of the court. One of the students stands over him while he's on the ground and starts pointing at him and yelling something. Roy comes rushing over to "protect" his player from the mean OU students.

I'd give you more details about exactly what Roy did, but as you can see, my memory of this event might not be the most reliable.

I remember the situation vividly since; I was there. The Krew was standing behind a rail the athletic department installed that year to keep us out of the aisle. In those years the cheer squad was on the south end of the arena and Kelvin's Krew, Neks, and the band were in the north end. Roy cam over and yelled some choice words at us because he believed we touched Jerod Haase. In fact, we were giving him the business but we never came into contact with his player.

The next year (in the Big 8 days you played a home and home for all conference teams), Roy returned to the LNC. He came into the arena he headed directly towards the Krew. He apologized for his comments. He reviewed the tape and understood we did not come into contact with his player. I respect the man for that.

Incidentally, we trashed the railing in the waning moments of the beat down the Sooners delivered to KU that day.

the_ouskull
12/23/2009, 06:35 PM
Skull...were you in Kelvin's Korner too?

I suppose that you could say that, yes.

the_ouskull