PDA

View Full Version : Bob Griese on Mike and Mike...

sooneron
12/15/2009, 10:08 AM
Jeez, the guy is a ******.

First when asked if NO and Indy make it to the Super Bowl undefeated, he was asked which team would he pull for... He basically said that it's too bad that one team would have to win (and break the record of the almighty 72 fish). So he begrudgingly said he'd pull for NO because Brees went to Purdue.

Then he said that it was way wrong that Colt didn't win the Heisman. His reasoning was because the qb is involved in every offensive play. I realize he's a homer qb-wise, but he couldn't actually say that Colt was the best player this year in FB.

Sorry, his candidness irked me and I seriously think that the 72 dolphins are collectively, the biggest bunch of losers deep down inside for toasting themselves anytime an undefeated nfl team goes down. LOSERS. He barely played half the season that year.

boomermagic
12/15/2009, 10:15 AM

First when asked if NO and Indy make it to the Super Bowl undefeated, he was asked which team would he pull for... He basically said that it's too bad that one team would have to win (and break the record of the almighty 72 fish). So he begrudgingly said he'd pull for NO because Brees went to Purdue.

Then he said that it was way wrong that Colt didn't win the Heisman. His reasoning was because the qb is involved in every offensive play. I realize he's a homer qb-wise, but he couldn't actually say that Colt was the best player this year in FB.

Sorry, his candidness irked me and I seriously think that the 72 dolphins are collectively, the biggest bunch of losers deep down inside for toasting themselves anytime an undefeated nfl team goes down. LOSERS. He barely played half the season that year.

I would have voted for Colt for the heisman...

stoops the eternal pimp
12/15/2009, 10:18 AM

So nobody besides quarterbacks should win it?

I thought thats why they have those awards just for quarterbacks

badger
12/15/2009, 10:21 AM
Oh, is he saying that because running backs and defensive monsters sit out a play here and there that a QB is the most worthy because they never sit out offensive plays????

HELLLLO! Fourth down is a offensive play and Colt usually sits out!

sooner518
12/15/2009, 10:23 AM
There is no other record in sports I would rather see broken than the stupid 72 Dolphins. just pathetic. I hate the freakin Patriots and I rooted for them in the Super Bowl 2 years ago just because I wanted them to shut the stupid Dolphins up.

I cant think of any other recordholder in all of sports that so outwardly and candidly cheers for their records to NOT be broken.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/15/2009, 10:26 AM
Yeah, I used to hope nobody would go undefeated like the Dolphins did, but every year my mind changes more to the other side

jthomas666
12/15/2009, 10:48 AM
Oh, is he saying that because running backs and defensive monsters sit out a play here and there that a QB is the most worthy because they never sit out offensive plays????

HELLLLO! Fourth down is a offensive play and Colt usually sits out!Or for that matter, how many QBs do much after handing the ball off?

fwsooner22
12/15/2009, 11:05 AM
Colt played against two good defenses all year and had what 6 INT in those games. C'mon Really. I like him as a QB and would take him anyday but the best player in the country ? NO....No WAY.

rawlingsHOH
12/15/2009, 11:10 AM

Texas won despite McCoy.

rawlingsHOH
12/15/2009, 11:11 AM

And the funny thing is, he wasn't even the QB for the majority of that 72 Dolphins team. I think he broke his leg in the 4th game. He did come back for the title game.

BoulderSooner79
12/15/2009, 11:14 AM
I lost all respect for Bob Griese when he was interviewed during the '98 season and expressed his hope he Broncos would lose (they were around 10-0). His own son was a rookie on the Broncos roster! I cannot imagine rooting against my own child for anything. It's well documented the '72 fins had a flukey/easy schedule that year and there is a long list of teams since that were better. '70's steelers, '80's 49ers, '85 bears, '90's cowboys, '07 pats. With the 16 game schedule, the odds are remote to happen again as the dominant teams will clinch everything early like the colts have now.

Bourbon St Sooner
12/15/2009, 11:23 AM
Actually texass has a token wildcat offense, so Colt doesn't touch it every down.

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it Booby.

Chiliman
12/15/2009, 11:28 AM
Griese and his son are both noted for for churlish personalities.

I too am sick of hearing the old fins bitch and moan when some team threatens their undefeated record.

TopDawg
12/15/2009, 11:32 AM
So nobody besides quarterbacks should win it?

Maybe centers too. Especially if they handle the long-snapping duties.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/15/2009, 11:33 AM
Maybe he thinks quarterbacks should be up for the Rimington award also

Leroy Lizard
12/15/2009, 11:36 AM
I cant think of any other recordholder in all of sports that so outwardly and candidly cheers for their records to NOT be broken.

If a team starts encroaching on our 47-game winning streak, you can bet I will be pulling for them to lose.

TUSooner
12/15/2009, 11:39 AM
I heard that. To be fair, Bob noted that he didnt play all that much in '72. And i appreciate his candor. But he's dead wrong about QBs in general and Pony McPoo especially. I also agree vehemently that the 72 fins are a bunch of graceless whiners. They may have won them all in 72, but since them they are nothing but no-class losers.
I hope either the Saints (obviously, being a New Orleanian) or the Colts go all the way and shut them up for good.

TopDawg
12/15/2009, 11:39 AM
If a team starts encroaching on our 47-game winning streak, you can bet I will be pulling for them to lose.

All of us would.

But you didn't see our former players and coaches having a reunion and toasting when Miami or USC had their streaks ended. Maybe they did. If so, they did a better job of doing it in secret than those 72 Dolphins.

TUSooner
12/15/2009, 11:41 AM

Sure thing, Mr. Contrary. ;) But did we hear a dolphin-like peep out of anybody who actually was on those great OU teams?

Okie35
12/15/2009, 11:43 AM

Why?

sooneron
12/15/2009, 12:53 PM

FAIL

TMcGee86
12/15/2009, 01:02 PM
Suh doesn't have guys blocking for him, or making great catches if his throws are a bit off, or taking dinks and dunks and turning them into huge gains, and he can't hand the ball off to anyone else.

He is just there, by himself, all out in the open, and no one could stop him all year.

They have got to rename this stupid trophy the "best offensive player on the top team" award.

TUSooner
12/15/2009, 01:20 PM
To Griese's credit, he did call the Heisman vote "a popularity contest." So he's no dummy.

TXBOOMER
12/15/2009, 07:56 PM
QB doesn't play half the snaps with the dolphins. They run the horse pig half the time.

silverwheels
12/15/2009, 08:15 PM

For the bowl curse, right?

AlbqSooner
12/15/2009, 08:28 PM
All of us would.

But you didn't see our former players and coaches having a reunion and toasting when Miami or USC had their streaks ended. Maybe they did. If so, they did a better job of doing it in secret than those 72 Dolphins.

Not exactly what you are talking about, but when teaxass was getting ready to play uSuc in the MNC game there were a few guys from the 47 game streak teams who were asked who they would cheer for. Most of them, citing the fact the suc was at 35 games, said they would support the whorns.

One guy, Joe something from Muskogee, said he wanted suc to lose because of the need to maintain the record with 47 wins, then he added, Besides, we can kick tejas arse anytime.:D

King Barry's Back
12/15/2009, 08:31 PM
Look, say what you want, the 72 Dolphins record is an awesome achievement.

Flukey schedule or not, best team of all-time or not, they pulled together and won them all. Other teams have had easy schedules, and other teams have had good luck, but they could n't do it.

Nothing but big spek for that.

But the way they handle themselves nowadays? Openly lobbying for today's players to fail? WTF?

Remember when Jason won the Heisman? Steve Owens said, "We've been waiting for another Sooner to join our club."

After this many years -- geez, I was a little kid -- aren't they ready to have someone join the club?

That was 37 years ago. That would make the youngest player on the team something like 59. Do they just want to die off with no one to take up their legacy? Really? How nihilistic is that goal?

It's different from fans of a team not wanting to see a record broken. We have young kids that will cheer for us for decades to come. They'd like to hang on to 47 straight, until we can break it ourselves -- wouldn't that be awesome?

But the players themselves won't be here forever.

ashley
12/15/2009, 08:33 PM

You are easily irked. Get something going for yourself.

sooneron
12/16/2009, 10:43 AM
You are easily irked. Get something going for yourself.

I have plenty going for myself. Did I say I went nuclear? NO. Did I say that I was screaming at the radio? NO. I said I was irked.

YOu may want to get something going and ****ing look up the definition of Irk.
It appears you do it to others on here and often...

So please, **** off dip ****.

Like I need some ****ing loser to tell me what to do with my life. :rolleyes: