PDA

View Full Version : Garrick McGee New OC at Arkansas

SoonerTrain
12/14/2009, 08:04 PM
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/14/petrino-wastes-no-time-replacing-brother/

rawlingsHOH
12/14/2009, 09:03 PM
Quietly and steadily moving up.

bigxii
12/14/2009, 10:29 PM
He still can't throw though. :)

Kidding... good for him.

rawlingsHOH
12/14/2009, 10:57 PM
He still can't throw though. :)

Kidding... good for him.

I bet if he would have arrived 5 years later, he may have had a little better success!

bluedogok
12/14/2009, 11:02 PM
Congrats to him, hope he does well.

King Barry's Back
12/15/2009, 03:29 AM
I had no idea he was in coaching, much less "one of the top young college football coaches" in the country.

Good for him.

I agree that he never really had a chance to see much success during the unfortunate time he wore crimson, but I hope he still has some good memories from his days in Norman.

Good luck, Garrick.

Monster Zero
12/15/2009, 08:21 AM
I had no idea he was in coaching, much less "one of the top young college football coaches" in the country.

Good for him.

I agree that he never really had a chance to see much success during the unfortunate time he wore crimson, but I hope he still has some good memories from his days in Norman.

Good luck, Garrick.

Yes, Garrick played for OU at probably the worst time in history, especially for a guy who knew what he was doing. At the time it was obvious that SmellsOfBourbon had something personal against him (coulda used another word) and now we know why. Garrick was a smart guy even back then and SOB had a grudge against him because of it.

Good on ya, Garrick. The best revenge is living well. Revenge on SOB, that is. You were a Sooner then and you'll always be a Sooner around here.

SoonerTrain
12/15/2009, 08:57 PM
Former OU QBs are coaching it up. McGee, Gundy, Heupel, Fuente. Any others?

soonerinabilene
12/15/2009, 10:01 PM
Former OU QBs are coaching it up. McGee, Gundy, Heupel, Fuente. Any others?

halze is on the ou staff in some way, if i remember correctly.

cdlbdd
12/15/2009, 10:11 PM
halze is on the ou staff in some way, if i remember correctly.

A graduate assistant on the staff as far as I know.

OKC-SLC
12/15/2009, 11:27 PM
what's fuente up to these days?

rawlingsHOH
12/16/2009, 09:15 AM
Yes, Garrick played for OU at probably the worst time in history, especially for a guy who knew what he was doing. At the time it was obvious that SmellsOfBourbon had something personal against him (coulda used another word) and now we know why. Garrick was a smart guy even back then and SOB had a grudge against him because of it.

Good on ya, Garrick. The best revenge is living well. Revenge on SOB, that is. You were a Sooner then and you'll always be a Sooner around here.

I just think he wanted to do it with his own guy. Imo, McGee was twice the QB Moore was. Granted he was real sick the previous winter, and missed a lot of time, but that still shouldn't have mattered.

Jello Biafra
12/16/2009, 09:33 AM
what's fuente up to these days?

CO-OC for tcu...

SbOrOiNaEnR
12/16/2009, 10:28 PM
CO-OC for tcu...

Just read his coaches bio (http://gofrogs.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/fuente_justin00.html) over at TCU's Web site:

Fuente set an Oklahoma freshman record with 11 touchdown passes.

2007 Bradford called that "North Texas." :D