PDA

View Full Version : OKC High schools

DCSooner
12/14/2009, 07:21 PM
Hey bitches. My buddy is getting relocated to OKC. What are a couple of good High Schools there? He is looking at south OKC, closer to Norman.

Your friend,
DC

Petro-Sooner
12/14/2009, 07:28 PM
I've heard god things about the new South Moore HS and Norman North

JohnnyMack
12/14/2009, 08:27 PM
Star Spencer! Star Spencer! Oh please, don't go, well show you to the door!

John Kochtoston
12/14/2009, 08:32 PM
Both Norman schools are really good, from what I've heard.

oudavid1
12/14/2009, 08:42 PM
Putnam City North, home of Sam Bradford. (Just Kidding, Bradford didn't win at North) Southmoore and Norman North are great programs, i played in that league.

Tulsa_Fireman
12/14/2009, 08:43 PM
Douglass.

Bring your gat.

setem
12/14/2009, 08:55 PM
If he lives in OKC then his kids will be required to go one of the southside high high schools. He can't just decide to send his kids to Moore or Norman. Unless he wants to pay for a private school or buy a house in those districts, he has 2 choices. U.S. Grant and Southeast. I used to work at SE and now I am at Grant. I would say the lesser of the 2 evils is Grant because the building is only 3 years old. This guy wouldn't happen to have a kid who plays baseball?

DCSooner
12/14/2009, 10:26 PM
Jesus people I'm not talking about athletics! :)

That are wanting to look for a house in a good school district. He has a daughter that he doesn't want to join a gang, or do meth, or get pregnant.

setem
12/14/2009, 10:37 PM

That are wanting to look for a house in a good school district. He has a daughter that he doesn't want to join a gang, or do meth, or get pregnant.

Not that she will do any of those if she goes to a city school but those are not the best places in the world. If she is talented or super smart(or even moderately smart!) she can apply to Classen School of Advanced Studies but there is a good chance she will become a lezbo! JK or am I? Also it is in the heart of OKC and not toward Nompton.

He should just move to Moore or Norman they are better schools!

the_ouskull
12/14/2009, 10:46 PM

Like any of us want to admit to owning cages...

Uh...

In all seriousness, I will completely vouch for both Norman High Schools, especially North, as far as academics go. I'm sure that West Moore and South Moore are similar, too.

the_ouskull

setem
12/14/2009, 11:09 PM
Yeah and southmoore is right on the edge of Norman!

bluedogok
12/14/2009, 11:20 PM
Aren't some areas of far south OKC in the Moore school district?

setem
12/14/2009, 11:26 PM
I do not believe so...

My sister and I camped out for 3 days last April so we could get her kids into Bethany and out of the Putnam City schools. They love Bethany the folks around there are good people!

soonersis
12/14/2009, 11:48 PM
I have lived in south OKC all my life and I attended Moore schools. The district's northern line is about 77th street I do believe, and south to Franklin road. I'm not really sure of the east-west lines but I do know the district goes west past I-44.
Alot really depends on home price. My addition has homes from 150k and upwards toward 300k, and I'm about 1/2 mile south of Southmoore. Not to mention the new elementary they are building on the corner. There is also a somewhat booming shopping and entertai8nment district. I can get to the stadium in about 20 min avoiding most game day traffic and I-35.

Partial Qualifier
12/15/2009, 10:17 AM
Agree with the sentiment that, if you're looking at south OKC, might as well shift into the Moore district or just plan on private schools.

Boomer.....
12/15/2009, 10:33 AM
I am building a house in far south OKC which is a mile south of Southmoore and is in the Moore school districts. I have heard many good things about Southmoore.

OUDoc
12/15/2009, 10:58 AM
I do not believe so...

My sister and I camped out for 3 days last April so we could get her kids into Bethany and out of the Putnam City schools. They love Bethany the folks around there are good people!
I was wondering who those people were.

Dio
12/15/2009, 01:06 PM
Aren't some areas of far south OKC in the Moore school district?

The Moore School District goes up to 82nd st in OKC. Westmoore and Southmoore are in OKC city limits.

StoopTroup
12/15/2009, 01:27 PM
I do not believe so...

Was that a Full Moon?

http://images.politico.com/global/click/090923_cigarsmoke_ap_392_regular.jpg

setem
12/15/2009, 02:24 PM
Was that a Full Moon?

http://images.politico.com/global/click/090923_cigarsmoke_ap_392_regular.jpg

Am I missing something here?

StoopTroup
12/15/2009, 02:37 PM
Am I missing something here?

OVJ, Cigars and a campout?

Sounds like three days well spent to me. :D

setem
12/15/2009, 04:45 PM
Haha my sister is such a stickler about drinking and smoking even though she drinks. She would flip **** if I embarrassed her in front of her new Bethany Broncho Posse! She won't even be my friend on facebook because she thinks I will make all her friends think she is related to some kind of crazy person!

We took shifts camping out. People gotta go to work and school. It was worth it though, they are in a pretty good place.

DCSooner
12/15/2009, 07:11 PM
Thanks folks!

OUHOMER
12/15/2009, 07:31 PM
I heard Moore schools are thinking about going to 4 days a week.

Sounds like a lot of kids will be up to no good on fridays

Soonrboy
12/16/2009, 12:18 AM
My son goes to Classen...it's quite a great school. Southeast is the only other school in OKC I would consider and the area around there is pretty bad.

unbiasedtruth
12/17/2009, 12:43 PM
Little Axe or Pink maybe....

how about Slaughterrville?

beer4me
12/17/2009, 01:25 PM
Little Axe or Pink maybe....

how about Slaughterrville?

Little Axe :D