PDA

View Full Version : Your Top TEN Teams for 2010 are...

Blues1
12/14/2009, 04:01 PM
I know we will have a better Idea after the Bowls --
But Right now what's your guess....??

I have ***NO Clue**** - Other than the usual *Suspects*.....
2010 - Just a guess - In No order....

And Who is Your 2010 Surprise Team...?

Usual Suspects.....
Ohio State
USC
Miami
Nebraska
Bama
Florida
LSU
Texas...?
TCU
Oregon

Dark Horse's
Oklahoma...:)
Boise State
North Carolina
Penn State
Iowa
Ga Tech
Virgina Tech....

Who am I Missing...?

JLEW1818
12/14/2009, 04:02 PM
I'm thinking Bama will be preseason number 1

LSU will also be stacked

stoops the eternal pimp
12/14/2009, 04:04 PM
Nebraska..Really?

Blues1
12/14/2009, 04:06 PM
Nebraska..Really?

Maybe that's My 2010 Surprise team ~~~ :)

JLEW1818
12/14/2009, 04:07 PM
usc loses their oline. i'd say give them a year

Iowa should be legit

SoonerMavrick25
12/14/2009, 04:08 PM
1.Bama
2.Ohio State
3.LSU
4.Florida
5.Texas
6. Oregon
7. Miami
8. Oklahoma
9. USC
10. Pittsburgh

Just off the top.

icmwhOU72
12/14/2009, 04:22 PM
1. Alabama
2. LSU
3. Texas
4. Ohio St.
5. Miami
6. Virginia Tech
7. Florida ( i believe they will have a major drop off. Brantly cant run the offense they are running now.)
8. Pittsburgh
9. USC
10. Oklahoma (This may be a little bias, but if no underclassmen leave our D then we should have a similiar year next year as we did this year on D).

Dark Horses
FSU - i know they get the most preseason hype of any team outside of the SEC every year, but ponder was coming on before he got hurt and the defense just picked up to HUGE commits last week.
Tennesee - they may win the SEC next year. Daddy kiffin knows how to coach defense and with time players will be more adept at playing the pro style.

Boomer38Sooner
12/14/2009, 04:35 PM
So you're telling me that we're not even a top ten team next year?!

stoops the eternal pimp
12/14/2009, 04:37 PM
who knows next year...a lot of teams losing some important players...

I think you have bama at 1 and then after that, any number of those teams listed by blues( cept for nebraska) could be a top 10

silverwheels
12/14/2009, 04:38 PM
So you're telling me that we're not even a top ten team next year?!

Did we look like a top 10 team this year?

stoops the eternal pimp
12/14/2009, 04:42 PM
I don't think you have to field as talented of a team as you did this year to make it....This OU team could win a big 12 championship next year very easily and not be that good...

C&CDean
12/14/2009, 04:43 PM
Did we look like a top 10 team this year?

In a word, no.

However, you make a single play in 4 of our 5 losses - just one ****ing play - catch one of the dropped passes - make one of the missed FGs or PATs - don't whiff on just one block - don't jump on one third down - and we're a one loss team playing in a BCS bowl - and Texas wouldn't be.

As bad as this season was, we were 4 plays away from a one-loss year.

pac10SUX
12/14/2009, 04:44 PM
Here's my top ten college teams for next year: :D
1) OU Defense
2) OU Offense
3) OU Punt Return/Blocking Team
4) OU KO Return Team
5) OU FG Team
6) OU FG Blocking Team
7) OU PAT Team
8) OU PAT Deny Team
9) OU Putting Team
10) OU Kicking Off Team

C&CDean
12/14/2009, 04:45 PM
Heh. Did you get your football?

silverwheels
12/14/2009, 04:47 PM
In a word, no.

However, you make a single play in 4 of our 5 losses - just one ****ing play - catch one of the dropped passes - make one of the missed FGs or PATs - don't whiff on just one block - don't jump on one third down - and we're a one loss team playing in a BCS bowl - and Texas wouldn't be.

True, but I think we need to earn our way into the top 10 next year by making those kinds of plays, instead of being placed in the top 10 to start off with just because we're Oklahoma. Hopefully we see a lot of improvement on the offensive side of the ball.

pac10SUX
12/14/2009, 04:48 PM
Heh. Did you get your football?

Yes, it is awesome. THANKS!!! Had a great time with everyone at the Kstate game!!

We'll try to make another game in Norman next year. We won't be making the trip to El Paso. Watching the budget.

C&CDean
12/14/2009, 04:54 PM
Yes, it is awesome. THANKS!!! Had a great time with everyone at the Kstate game!!

We'll try to make another game in Norman next year. We won't be making the trip to El Paso. Watching the budget.

We enjoyed having you and the duckhunter as well.

Next year's schedule is another awesome one. We'll have home games with Air Force and Florida State, and an away game with Cincy. The only dog game is Utah St. Of course some of our whiney bitch fans will say "why the hell is Castiglione scheduling teams like this? If we want to win another NC, we need to play Texas' schedule." To these folks I say "**** off, we're Oklahoma, and by God if we're gonna win another national championship we're gonna do it up right."

TheUnnamedSooner
12/14/2009, 05:12 PM
I think you all are giving texas too much credit. They are losing colt and shipley, and they don't have a running back that has stepped up.

sooneredaco
12/14/2009, 05:13 PM
1: Bama - should be really good
2: Ohio State - always consistent
3: Florida - name recognition only
4: texASS. - will have a dramatic drop off much like OUr team did
5: LSU - the hat will he loaded
6: Iowa - will be good
7: Oklahoma - very biased I know
8: USC - Because of name only
9: Tenesee - hostesses included
10: Notre Dame - they don't deserve, it but I think they will be

NorthernIowaSooner
12/14/2009, 05:15 PM
boise will probly be in there, if i remember right they lose hardly anyone this year to graduation. that team back in tact will have a good shot to go undefeated again

Sooner-N-KS
12/14/2009, 05:36 PM
I'm starting to think we may have something going on next year if we are able to pick up Cam Newton and a top receiver or two.

illinisooner
12/14/2009, 05:45 PM
How can you guys say Texas and Florida will have "major drop offs" and rank them top 5? lol

sooner ngintunr
12/14/2009, 05:57 PM
Mississippi State will be pretty good.
Dark Horse of Course.

IronHorseSooner
12/14/2009, 06:15 PM
UTerus and FLA could end up with seasons a lot like OUrs this year. What they lose is eerily similar to what we went through. UT, alone, loses 3 or 4 linemen, their QB, their best WR, 2 RBs, their two best DL, their best LB, and, likely, their best DB. Most of the FLA team will graduate or bolt to the NFL. Remember, Landry was about as heralded of a recruit as Gilbert and Brantley, and we saw what happened this year.

TMcGee86
12/14/2009, 06:22 PM
1.Bama
2.Ohio State
3.LSU
4.USC
5.Oregon
6. Boise State
7. TCU
8. Oklahoma
9. Texas
10. Florida

Bama returns heisman winner and their starting QB, that alone gets them the top nod. tOSU always hangs around and it will be seen yet again as Pryor's year to break out. LSU is stacked with talent and next years schedule should favor them. USC is always overranked and they return their QB which means auto top five bid. Oregon wins the Rose Bowl and gets a top 5 nod for their effort.

The rest is up in the air, but I think BSU gets in the top ten, I think we get in the top ten for returning our QB and RBs, Texas will be there just because, and I think Florida gets in on name alone.

soonerz
12/14/2009, 09:02 PM
I think Boise will be the team to watch next year. They have most of the starters back next year. in fact, I think they may only be losing that db. They do have the schedule next year to show us how good they really are. They play Wyoming at Laramie (not great, but a bowl team this year), Oregon State on that awful turf and they Virginia Tech in DC. If they do win those games, I will finally give them the credit they deserve, and they should be considered a top team.

silverwheels
12/14/2009, 09:25 PM
Yeah, Boise State only has 4 seniors, I think.

spatton713
12/14/2009, 09:40 PM
1.Bama
2.Ohio State
3.LSU
4.USC
5.Oregon
6. Boise State
7. TCU
8. Oklahoma
9. Texas
10. Florida

Bama returns heisman winner and their starting QB, that alone gets them the top nod. tOSU always hangs around and it will be seen yet again as Pryor's year to break out. LSU is stacked with talent and next years schedule should favor them. USC is always overranked and they return their QB which means auto top five bid. Oregon wins the Rose Bowl and gets a top 5 nod for their effort.

The rest is up in the air, but I think BSU gets in the top ten, I think we get in the top ten for returning our QB and RBs, Texas will be there just because, and I think Florida gets in on name alone.

1.Bama
2.Ohio State
3.LSU
4.USC
5.Oregon
6. TCU
7. Oklahoma
8. Miami
9. Texas
10. Florida

icmwhOU72
12/15/2009, 12:13 AM
How can you guys say Texas and Florida will have "major drop offs" and rank them top 5? lol

Because this is a preseason poll. both of them will get love in the preseason, but the departures from UF and UT will become apparent during the season.

TexasLidig8r
12/15/2009, 08:48 AM
UTerus and FLA could end up with seasons a lot like OUrs this year. What they lose is eerily similar to what we went through. UT, alone, loses 3 or 4 linemen, their QB, their best WR, 2 RBs, their two best DL, their best LB, and, likely, their best DB. Most of the FLA team will graduate or bolt to the NFL. Remember, Landry was about as heralded of a recruit as Gilbert and Brantley, and we saw what happened this year.

We lose 3 offensive linemen... only one of whom will be missed (Ulatoski, the left tackle). I hope Tanner and Hall get their degrees because they won't be playing on Sundays. Still, it is going to take awhile for a new line to gell, although everyone has gotten a lot of playing time.

Shipley of course will be a huge loss. We do get Brandon Collins back.

We lose no running backs.

On defense, we lose Kindle and Lamar Houston.. if Earl Thomas decides to jump to the bigs.. him as well. But, we get Christian Scott back (who would have started over Gideon this year) and Norton at LB.

Oh. .and Landry Jones was nowhere near as heralded as Gilbert. Gilbert was the Gatorade Offensive Player of the Year.

We'll be ok next year... not national championship quality yet... but another 10 win season.

SoonerMavrick25
12/15/2009, 09:20 AM
Major Applewhite wasn't anywhere haralded as Chris Simms... But I think we all know who is and was a better college QB. But if you want to crown Gilbert. Then Crown'em.

sooneredaco
12/15/2009, 09:27 AM

Because the preseason top 25 is a popularity contest more often than not. Many of the schools ranked in it are put in due to reputation from the past year or simply because of thier name. IMO

SoonerMavrick25
12/15/2009, 09:36 AM
Gilbert was the Gatorade Offensive Player of the year.

Since 2000 qbs....

Brock Berlin, Kyle Wright, Greg Paulus, Mitch Mustain..... all "haraled" as Gatorade POY.....
Roll out the red carpet....
That is some ELITE company...

Collier11
12/15/2009, 09:45 AM
Way too early, we dont even know who will sign who in recruiting and who will go pro early...#1 OU

sooneron
12/15/2009, 09:45 AM
We lose 3 offensive linemen... only one of whom will be missed (Ulatoski, the left tackle). I hope Tanner and Hall get their degrees because they won't be playing on Sundays. Still, it is going to take awhile for a new line to gell, although everyone has gotten a lot of playing time.

Sounds like me back in July. Good luck with that.

Shipley of course will be a huge loss. We do get Brandon Collins back.

WHO? I would have mentioned Goodwin.

We lose no running backs.

Uh, ok, with losing three OLinemen, that means they'll probably grade out at about a D+ instead of a C-, like this year.

On defense, we lose Kindle and Lamar Houston.. if Earl Thomas decides to jump to the bigs.. him as well. But, we get Christian Scott back (who would have started over Gideon this year) and Norton at LB.

You forgot Muckelroy...You'll be good, but there will be some serious drop off without the Sergio Kindle taxi service.

Oh. .and Landry Jones was nowhere near as heralded as Gilbert. Gilbert was the Gatorade Offensive Player of the Year.

We'll be ok next year... not national championship quality yet... but another 10 win season.
Yay! Another recruiting national title for Mack. I would hope that he could get the kid that played HS in Austin.

Collier11
12/15/2009, 10:01 AM
Of course ut will win 10 with that schedule, I dont think winning 10 is an accomplishment for ut anymore considering they sched 4 patsies every year non conf

boomermagic
12/15/2009, 10:09 AM
In a word, no.

Exactly right Dean.. We came so close to beating texas but couldn't seal the deal.. OU should be a top 5 team next season with a little luck and we are due some luck..

TexasLidig8r
12/15/2009, 10:32 AM
Since 2000 qbs....

Brock Berlin, Kyle Wright, Greg Paulus, Mitch Mustain..... all "haraled" as Gatorade POY.....
Roll out the red carpet....
That is some ELITE company...

Once again.. I will type this very slowly in the hopes that it is understood.

The issue was, "Was Jones nearly as heralded as Gilbert and Brantley coming out of high school."

The sooner poster said he was.

Jones was the Gatorade POY in New Mexico.. which, I suppose is comparable to winning the Ms. In-bred, One Tooth Beauty Pageant in Bugtussle.

Gilbert was national Gatorade Offensive POY.

Clearly, Gilbert was much more coveted and had he chosen Ou, you would be praising high praises in honor of his potential.

Will Gilbert pan out? Who knows... We do know that with the drawbacks he has.. Greg Davis has developed quarterbacks.

rawlingsHOH
12/15/2009, 11:44 AM
Once again.. I will type this very slowly in the hopes that it is understood.

The issue was, "Was Jones nearly as heralded as Gilbert and Brantley coming out of high school."

The sooner poster said he was.

Jones was the Gatorade POY in New Mexico.. which, I suppose is comparable to winning the Ms. In-bred, One Tooth Beauty Pageant in Bugtussle.

Gilbert was national Gatorade Offensive POY.

Clearly, Gilbert was much more coveted and had he chosen Ou, you would be praising high praises in honor of his potential.

Will Gilbert pan out? Who knows... We do know that with the drawbacks he has.. Greg Davis has developed quarterbacks.
Gilbert was the #2/#5 (Rivals/Scout) QB in the 09 class. Jones was the #6/#6 QB in the 08 class. To claim some sort of superiority at this point is downright laughable.

Winning "Gatorade Awards" probably have a lot to do with exposure and hype. I'm guessing growing up in Austin, TX didn't hurt Gilbert's cause.

Ya dig?

SoonerMavrick25
12/15/2009, 12:32 PM
Gilbert was the #2/#5 (Rivals/Scout) QB in the 09 class. Jones was the #6/#6 QB in the 08 class. To claim some sort of superiority at this point is downright laughable.

Winning "Gatorade Awards" probably have a lot to do with exposure and hype. I'm guessing growing up in Austin, TX didn't hurt Gilbert's cause.

Ya dig?

What he said....

@TexasLID..... Get back to me in October....... I don't put much stock into a 18 year old kid, who has been pampered his whole life. But it sounds like you do.

delhalew
12/15/2009, 12:47 PM
I'm willing to bet USC gets a preseason # 5 whether they deserve it or not.

jthomas666
12/15/2009, 01:15 PM
Next year's schedule is another awesome one. We'll have home games with Air Force and Florida State, and an away game with Cincy. The only dog game is Utah St. Of course some of our whiney bitch fans will say "why the hell is Castiglione scheduling teams like this? If we want to win another NC, we need to play Texas' schedule." To these folks I say "**** off, we're Oklahoma, and by God if we're gonna win another national championship we're gonna do it up right."Well said! We need more powerhouse inter-conference games. The Bama-OK series was great (even though we lost both games); Bama fans would love another home and home. Bama's playing Penn State again next year.

You want to win the championship, you gotta play the big dogs.

illinisooner
12/15/2009, 01:17 PM
Because the preseason top 25 is a popularity contest more often than not. Many of the schools ranked in it are put in due to reputation from the past year or simply because of thier name. IMO

But the question is what is YOUR top 10...not the media's top 10. Sadly, it is a popularity contest though.

fireater
12/15/2009, 02:53 PM
Where is notre lame on everybody's list. They did just hire the best football coach in the nation! The rest of us should just roll over and play dead.:)

BTW, LSU has talent, but they lack conditioning, heart and coaching. Less Smiles is good for 2 losses a year on his own.

And as Bama fan, I want know, is it true that the FBI confiscated all of your RUF/NEK shotguns in 1958, and returned them all except for one? lol

snp
12/15/2009, 03:13 PM

And Greg Davis has misused quarterbacks and stunted their development. Will this be a case of Applewhite/Young making his OC look great due to their own talent or will Gilbert show very little room development like McCoy/Sims/Mock.

rawlingsHOH
12/15/2009, 03:41 PM
Next year's schedule is another awesome one. We'll have home games with Air Force and Florida State, and an away game with Cincy. The only dog game is Utah St. Of course some of our whiney bitch fans will say "why the hell is Castiglione scheduling teams like this? If we want to win another NC, we need to play Texas' schedule.
And still others will complain about Utah State being on there.

Can't win.

nytehorn
12/15/2009, 08:55 PM
snp, you shouldn't include McCoy as underdeveloped, as he was a 3-star coming in. Jevan Snead was the high 4-star we thought would take over. He did not help Sims, and once Vince started showing what he could do, Mock didn't have a chance. Still, I am predicting 8-4, if the chips fall right, possibly 9-3. DEFINATELY NOT top 10, much less top 5!! I just hope to keep our streak of top 25 going. We will be fortunate to do that!

OU-HSV
12/15/2009, 09:38 PM
Call me crazy if you like...but I won't be surprised to see the Razorbacks pose a threat in the SEC which if they do, will ultimately get them into the national scene. They were a young team this year and were only a couple plays (calls) away from upsetting both the Gaytors and the fighting moLester tigers. And my guess is Mallett will return. I doubt they'll start in the top 10 but don't be surprised if they end up in the top 10 at some point during the season.

IronHorseSooner
12/15/2009, 09:41 PM
snp, you shouldn't include McCoy as underdeveloped, as he was a 3-star coming in. Jevan Snead was the high 4-star we thought would take over. He did not help Sims, and once Vince started showing what he could do, Mock didn't have a chance. Still, I am predicting 8-4, if the chips fall right, possibly 9-3. DEFINATELY NOT top 10, much less top 5!! I just hope to keep our streak of top 25 going. We will be fortunate to do that!

Finally, a realistic UT fan emerges. We could end up benefiting from a weaker Big XII, just like the Bevos did this year. Thank God we have a really good OOC schedule with USAFA, FSU, and Cincy.

snp
12/15/2009, 11:38 PM

nytehorn, you probably shouldn't attempt that argument against me as I don't rely on star ratings solely. McCoy was a talented prospect coming into college and he showed that after a year of redshirting. I don't care if he was rated as the 15th best prostyle QB - you don't set multiple freshman QB records if you're not talented. What a freaking UT fan argument bringing up recruiting rankings for a player 5 years and 52 games removed from his last high school football game.

But since his freshman season, he has shown little progression in his passing game. In fact, his responsibilities have lessened after Greg Davis turned UT into more of a horizontal, 5-yard downfield passing offense. The biggest improvements McCoy has made is in his physical maturation and I don't credit Davis with him hitting the weights more.