PDA

View Full Version : Doesn't anyone watch Dexter besides me?

soonerbrat
12/14/2009, 02:23 PM
Last night's season finale was a shocker and no one seems to care but me.

olevetonahill
12/14/2009, 02:33 PM
I dont watch much TeeVee . I have read all the Novels tho

yermom
12/14/2009, 02:36 PM
i think Bri is on suicide watch

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/14/2009, 02:49 PM
It's on HBO, right? Maybe lots of folks don't want to buy that. I saw it over at my cousin's house at Thanksgiving. Pretty good. I'm looking forward to "Breaking Bad" returning on AMC. BTW, anyone know for sure when that starts again?

yermom
12/14/2009, 03:02 PM
Showtime.

i just heard something about Breaking Bad. seems like March maybe?

royalfan5
12/14/2009, 05:55 PM
I do, I'm just way behind at the moment. So don't ruin it for me.

sooner ngintunr
12/14/2009, 05:59 PM
Love it. Last night when Dexter was looking at the moon, I said out loud "hmm I expected it to end different, where is the cliffhanger?" then BAM!! I Couldn't believe it.

the_ouskull
12/14/2009, 06:39 PM
I'm floored. I don't even have anything mean to say to/about anybody right now.

The idea of typing more than a couple of sentences is beyond me right now, too. I'm deconstructed after that episode.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/14/2009, 06:53 PM
"I'm floored. I don't even have anything mean to say to/about anybody right now.

The idea of typing more than a couple of sentences is beyond me right now, too. I'm deconstructed after that episode.

skull makes people want to go sit in the corner and hang their heads in shame when he responds to their posts. -- birddog, 01/09

skull makes you feel like you are the dumbest motherf*cker on the planet... -- soonerinabilene, 08/09

My staff is getting tired of me making them read your posts. -- birddog, 10/09

As is pretty much always the case, I agree with Skull. -- A Sooner in Texas, 11/09" -all the above COURTESY OF THE OU SKULL

Are ye itchin' for getting the ignore treatment?

the_ouskull
12/14/2009, 10:49 PM
What the f*ck are you babbling about?

the_ouskull

bluedogok
12/14/2009, 11:22 PM
We don't have Showtime (too many sports subscriptions) but my wife watches the DVD's, so she is still working her way through last season.

PDXsooner
12/15/2009, 12:48 AM
it's a firehouse favorite, every guy i work with watches it. the finale was awesome...

SicEmBaylor
12/15/2009, 01:14 AM

I've had it sitting on my computer, but I just got around to watching the season finale tonight. Wow.

There have been some shockers over the seasons, but nothing like that...

Wow.

SicEmBaylor
12/15/2009, 01:16 AM
Torrents are your friend.

bri
12/15/2009, 01:40 AM

i think Bri is on suicide watch

^ This.

If it wasn't for the fact that I had to get my sh*t together and drive back to Norman to get ready for finals today, I'd still be whimpering and rocking back and forth in the corner.

royalfan5
12/21/2009, 09:45 PM
So I finally got caught up. ****. That's all I can say. That and I hope I never see John Lithgow's *** ever again.

bri
12/22/2009, 03:35 AM
Could have been worse. At least he didn't show us the 3rd c*ck from the sun.

SoonerAtKU
12/22/2009, 11:37 AM
The wife and I just sat there, staring at the screen after it was over. I'm glad Showtime aired a small interview between Michael C. Hall and John Lithgow immediately after the finale, because it really helped us put a cap on it and be able to move. I can't imagine how rough it was for you all that torrented it or watched it elsewhere.

Stunned. What now for our favorite neighborhood serial-killer killer?

adoniijahsooner
12/22/2009, 01:26 PM
I might start checking it out. I was to busy catching up with the badass series that is 'Son's of Anarchy'!

the_ouskull
12/22/2009, 08:09 PM
I can't imagine how rough it was for you all that torrented it or watched it elsewhere.

Guilty. Still stunned. That interview sounds nice.

the_ouskull

okienole3
12/23/2009, 11:25 PM
Any chance it was a dream?

KC//CRIMSON
12/30/2009, 02:42 AM
Holy *hit! Looks like everyone's favorite serial killer really *ucked up this time.

King Crimson
12/30/2009, 07:50 AM
frickin A.

SicEmBaylor
12/30/2009, 08:01 AM

It's possible...

Take into account that in the first episode of the season he has a major car accident and yet he walks away from it with barely a scratch? It's possible the entire season took place in his head while he lay in a coma from the car wreck.

But, I don't think so. That'd be a bit out there even for Dexter.

King Crimson
12/30/2009, 08:18 AM
i will say i liked Batista better when he was boozing and banging hookers.

SteelCitySooner
12/31/2009, 10:40 AM
It's gotta be one of the best show's ever made. I have a hard time getting into other shows because now I measure it all up against Dexter. The season fin was a mind blower!

I doubt it was a dream. I don't think the writers of that show would do that. Dexter is gonna be out for blood next season!

ouleaf
12/31/2009, 01:28 PM
This was the first season I started to watch Dexter, and I liked it a lot. It definitely makes me want to go back and watch previous seasons. I liked seeing Lithgow as the villian. Can't wait for next season.

KC//CRIMSON
12/31/2009, 01:34 PM
It's gotta be one of the best show's ever made. I have a hard time getting into other shows because now I measure it all up against Dexter. The season fin was a mind blower!

I doubt it was a dream. I don't think the writers of that show would do that. Dexter is gonna be out for blood next season!

I measure against Six Feet Under, to me that one is the best ever made from start to finish.

royalfan5
12/31/2009, 04:41 PM
Various people involved with the show have said explicitly that it isn't a dream.

Boarder
1/11/2010, 11:20 AM
If you're this far into this thread, you shouldn't be worrying about spoilers, but....

It might be a little tough to get a babysitter to watch the kids while you're out doing your "hobby" if you're Dexter. Does he get all three kids or do the older two go with grandparents? Back to his apartment?

We have been behind and caught up last night. I can't believe I made it through without hearing any spoilers. Amazing show.

SteelCitySooner
1/11/2010, 11:25 AM
I measure against Six Feet Under, to me that one is the best ever made from start to finish.

And Michael C. Hall was in both. When Dexter first started, I never thought I would view his character as anything but "ghey"...as he was in Six Feet Under, but the dude pulled it off.

Fraggle145
1/11/2010, 04:22 PM
I just watched all of season 1 on Netflix. What a great show, glad i happened upon it.... Looking forward to more!

KC//CRIMSON
1/17/2010, 08:21 PM
John Lithgow just snagged a Golden Globe for his role as Trinity.

KC//CRIMSON
1/17/2010, 08:36 PM
And Michael C. Hall just snagged a Golden Globe for Best Actor.

That should help speed up his recovery.

the_ouskull
1/17/2010, 10:18 PM
And they're both well-deserved... Thanks for that update.

KC//CRIMSON
1/19/2010, 03:30 PM
Dexter: Can Dexter have it all? Find out what Executive Producer Clyde Phillips has to say about the finale (spoilers), and the magnificent scenes between Michael C. Hall and John Lithgow.

exZMCcE68pQ

soonerbrat
1/19/2010, 05:20 PM
Dexter star Michael C. Hall’s battle with cancer has been well publicized—but apparently no one informed the New York Times. Someone at the paper’s Moment blog slammed the hat Hall wore to the Golden Globes, tweeting, “Is Michael C. Hall playing Bob Marley in an upcoming movie? Don’t get the hat,” Perez Hilton reports. The post has since been removed, and a number of Twitter users quickly set the blogger straight.

the_ouskull
1/19/2010, 06:47 PM
Great clip. I'm excited to see where they take the next season. I think that we're going to see a lot more interaction between Dexter and his "dark passenger," (similar to the novels) and a lot less "family man w/ kids" stuff. I could see them either going either way with that, though. Either eliminating the kids totally (go live with grandma, now) or making the show almost entirely about Dexter trying to do it all on his own. Either way, it'll be well-done and well-written.

the_ouskull

Fraggle145
5/26/2010, 04:08 AM
Well I just got caught up... Holy ****ing goat ****.

the_ouskull
5/26/2010, 01:17 PM
Yeah, welcome to our world, pal.

the_ouskull

KC//CRIMSON
5/26/2010, 01:29 PM
This always helps to ease the pain.

x5mLzJnERiI

Collier11
5/26/2010, 01:35 PM

I watched Dexter on LOST but he was Jacob, not Dexter

delhalew
5/26/2010, 01:40 PM
Big fan. As with most of my shows I am behind. So I can't read this thread. I'll get caught up online or when the DVDs come out.

HBick
5/26/2010, 01:49 PM
Showtime has some great shows right now. In my opinion they are vying to overtake HBO. True Blood is a personal favorite, I've been watching that since it premiered, same with Entourage and Curbed. Treme has been pretty damn good so far too. But that's about it for me, if Eastbound and Down ever comes back, same with Flight of the Concords. Big Love is getting a little too out there for me. But you wait for August gentlement, Boardwalk Empire is going to be great, set during Prohibition starring Steve Buscemi (sp?) with Scorsesce exec prod.

But Showtime has Dexter, Californication, and Weeds. If they can get one more big show I'll renew my service. The Tudors doesn't do it for me

Fraggle145
5/26/2010, 03:07 PM
This always helps to ease the pain.

x5mLzJnERiI

I love Syrup.

It gives me a:
http://iemommy.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/log-cabin-bottle.jpg

KC//CRIMSON
7/13/2010, 03:29 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs018.snc4/34266_10150227327805271_15526475270_13666064_34050 66_n.jpg

Dexter News:

Dexter has been nominated for 7 Emmy Awards! Congratulations to the amazing cast, crew and fans for our nominations including Outstanding Drama Series, Michael C. Hall for Lead Actor and John Lithgow for his sensational guest appearance!

Peter Weller has joined the cast of the fifth season of Showtime’s Dexter. Weller is best known as the title character from the RoboCop movies and Buckaroo Banzai from The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension.

According to Deadline, Weller will be playing “a troubled Miami Metro police officer who gets caught up in an internal affairs investigation.” The actor will appear in eight of the twelve episodes. And yes, many will make the connection that his Buckaroo Banzai co-star John Lithgow appeared on last season, earning Emmy and Golden Globe nominations.

Showtime has confirmed news that Julia Stiles will appear in ten episodes of "Dexter" this season.

According to the channel, Stiles will "play a mysterious young woman who forms a unique relationship with Dexter (Michael C. Hall) in the wake of the death of his wife."

Season five of "Dexter," which starts production this month, will run this fall on the channel.

Stiles' feature credits include "Ten Things I Hate About You," "Save the Last Dance," "The Omen" and the three "Bourne" movies opposite Matt Damon.

"Dexter" also stars Jennifer Carpenter, Desmond Harrington, C.S. Lee, Lauren Vélez, David Zayas, and James Remar.

ouleaf
7/13/2010, 04:41 PM
Interesting guest stars for sure. Not sure either of them can top what Lithgow brought to the series last year, but the writers do such a great job with this series, so it should still be great.

the_ouskull
7/13/2010, 09:24 PM
Interesting guest stars for sure. Not sure either of them can top what Lithgow brought to the series last year, but the writers do such a great job with this series, so it should still be great.

If either of them, much less both, scratches the tip of the teabags of what Lithgow did last season, they'll be worth it. I have still only watched that season finale one time.

the_ouskull

Fraggle145
7/13/2010, 10:56 PM
If either of them, much less both, scratches the tip of the teabags of what Lithgow did last season, they'll be worth it. I have still only watched that season finale one time.

the_ouskull

agreed.

soonerbrat
7/20/2010, 09:15 AM
I think they are replaying season 4 on sho right now.

I can't wait for the new season!

I hope Michael C. Hall is all better now...I guess he is or they wouldn't be shooting?

bluedogok
7/20/2010, 08:10 PM
Season 4 DVD comes out on August 19.

soonerhubs
7/20/2010, 09:06 PM
Season 4 DVD comes out on August 19.

You can get it on Amazon Unbox or Itunes right now. I'm too impatient these days. :O

bluedogok
7/20/2010, 09:16 PM
My wife watches them, she prefers the "old school" way since we don't have Showtime. She usually watches them while she is on the treadmill, she watches an episode a night that way.

KC//CRIMSON
7/20/2010, 09:43 PM
My wife watches them, she prefers the "old school" way since we don't have Showtime. She usually watches them while she is on the treadmill, she watches an episode a night that way.

Just make sure you're there to catch her when she comes flying off the thing after seeing the finale ending.

SteelCitySooner
7/20/2010, 10:46 PM
That final episode.. even now I think it was the best finali ever made..

KC//CRIMSON
7/22/2010, 09:06 PM
SDCC 10: We've Seen The New Season Five Dexter Trailer
Conscience can be a killer! What happens next for The Bay Harbor Butcher?

http://tvmedia.ign.com/tv/image/article/110/1106901/dexter-20100722053405405-000.jpg

At the San Diego Comic Con, rabid fans in attendance at Showtime's Dexter panel were shown a new trailer for Season 5! IGN was there, and since the video isn't available for you all to see yet we're gonna let you in on what we saw:

•Dexter carries baby Harrison out of the house, to waiting police cars, at the scene of Rita's murder. "It was me" he tells Deb, out of guilt.

•Dexter's thoughts say goodbye to Rita. "I was never really honest with you," Dexter says in his mind. "I'm a serial killer"

•Dexter attempts to tell Astor and Cody what happened to their mother.

•Astor is angry with Dexter for failing to protect Rita.

•Trinity never killed a married woman in a bathtub before, so Quinn actually suspects their neighbor, Elliot. His thoughts, however, turn towards Dexter himself as a suspect. He confronts LaGuerta about the fact that Dexter would be a suspect if it were a normal case and they didn't all know and love him.

•The police start to search for Kyle Butler, drawing sketches, and it's discovered that Dexter was actually at Arthur Mitchel's house!

•Quinn sets his sights on investigating Dexter, using Elliot's "tips" and Dexter's own words "It was me" as a basis.

•Dexter keeps killing even though he should be focused on his children. "Normally, having a target would make me feel good, but now it means nothing," he thinks.

•The tag line "Conscience can be a killer" with a scene where Dexter stabs a man over and over and lets out a promal scream.

So, no word yet on who Julie Styles, Shawn Hatosy or Jonny Lee Miller play yet. These scenes probably just represent the first two or three episodes.

New trailer coming very soon.

KC//CRIMSON
7/24/2010, 12:54 PM
New season five trailer

CUbCMbW-BRE

KC//CRIMSON
7/27/2010, 06:41 PM
Comic-Con: Life After Rita

4pDqXYfnbRI

KC//CRIMSON
10/17/2010, 07:07 AM
So this is the episode where Julia Stiles comes into play? Nice.

Side note: I've got a hundy that says detective Quinn has sheets of plastic in his future.

King Crimson
10/17/2010, 07:42 AM
Side note: I've got a hundy that says detective Quinn has sheets of plastic in his future.

interesting, possibly so.

soonerbrat
10/17/2010, 10:05 AM
i dunno....he's not a bad enough person. Dexter didnt' even kill doakes, his bat-**** crazy girlfriend lila did.

stoopified
10/18/2010, 11:54 AM
Julia Stilesdebut on Dexter was great,didn't see that coming(live witness to Dexter's plastic ballet)

SoSooner
10/18/2010, 12:11 PM
Guilty. Pretty "low brow" but I love it.

ouleaf
10/18/2010, 12:48 PM

You're probably right.

ouleaf
10/18/2010, 12:49 PM
i dunno....he's not a bad enough person. Dexter didnt' even kill doakes, his bat-**** crazy girlfriend lila did.

mmmm...I do miss Lila....so hott. Even if she was crazy.

soonerbrat
10/18/2010, 04:39 PM
Showtime has some great shows right now. In my opinion they are vying to overtake HBO. True Blood is a personal favorite, I've been watching that since it premiered, same with Entourage and Curbed. Treme has been pretty damn good so far too. But that's about it for me, if Eastbound and Down ever comes back, same with Flight of the Concords. Big Love is getting a little too out there for me. But you wait for August gentlement, Boardwalk Empire is going to be great, set during Prohibition starring Steve Buscemi (sp?) with Scorsesce exec prod.

But Showtime has Dexter, Californication, and Weeds. If they can get one more big show I'll renew my service. The Tudors doesn't do it for me

Flight of the Conchords will not be back...Jemaine and Bret moved back to New Zealand and didn't want to stay in the states enough to film it...Showtime also has "the Big C" and there's a new show coming out in january with William H. Macy that looks pretty good

reflector
10/18/2010, 04:53 PM
Dexter is one of the best shows on television.

KC//CRIMSON
11/28/2010, 06:57 PM
The writers of this show never disappoint. What a killer season.

Julia Stiles and Peter Weller have been a (suprisingly) good fit. There's only three episodes left, should be another jaw-dropper ending.

http://poptimal.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/t10_dexter_508_1263.jpg

Take It!

Romulus
11/28/2010, 09:25 PM
Take care, Lumen.

soonerbrat
11/28/2010, 11:26 PM
I hate that name, Lumen. it makes me think of empty space. i haven't watched tonight yet so don't ruin it for me

ouleaf
11/29/2010, 10:32 AM
Pretty good episode last night. Lots of tension mounting for the final few episodes.

soonerbrat
11/29/2010, 10:38 AM
Jordan Chase - I finally figured out why he looked familiar...he was Eli Stone! I loved that show and hate that it got canceled.

Romulus
11/29/2010, 10:44 AM
Last nights show was epic
I think Lumen will end up killing robocop

yermom
11/29/2010, 10:58 AM
I hate that name, Lumen. it makes me think of empty space. i haven't watched tonight yet so don't ruin it for me

empty space?

it seems a little too obvious that she's supposed to light up Dexter's life or something :D

Jordan Chase was Sick Boy in Trainspotting and ZeroCool in Hackers, that's where i know him from...

soonerbrat
11/29/2010, 11:22 AM
empty space?

it seems a little too obvious that she's supposed to light up Dexter's life or something :D

Jordan Chase was Sick Boy in Trainspotting and ZeroCool in Hackers, that's where i know him from...

Yeah, empty space.

see definitions 2 & 3. being a science person, that's the first thing I thought of.

lu·men   /ˈlumən/ Show Spelled
[loo-muhn] Show IPA

–noun, plural -mens, -mi·na  /-mənə/ Show Spelled
[-muh-nuh] Show IPA
1. Optics . the unit of luminous flux, equal to the luminous flux emitted in a unit solid angle by a point source of one candle intensity. Abbreviation: lm
2. Anatomy . the canal, duct, or cavity of a tubular organ.
3. Botany . (of a cell) the cavity that the cell walls enclose.

yermom
11/29/2010, 11:29 AM
i'm going with #1 :D

soonerbrat
11/29/2010, 12:05 PM
go with whatever suits you...i'm just saying the first thing I thought of was empty space because of my background. I'm sure definition # 1 is the one the show's creators intended.

reflector
11/29/2010, 12:45 PM
I keep thinking that Quinn may get knocked off before the end of the season.

yermom
11/29/2010, 02:36 PM
Maybe he knocks off Robocop:)

reflector
11/29/2010, 03:18 PM
Maybe he knocks off Robocop:)

I am thinking that both might happen.

soonerbrat
11/29/2010, 03:31 PM
maybe deb will figure dexter out and off quinn herself.
she even said she wanted to kill the killers.

soonerbrat
11/29/2010, 03:32 PM
nah, i take that back. deb is so by the book, she would turn dexter in if she figured him out.

yermom
11/29/2010, 03:36 PM
i seriously doubt that

soonerbrat
11/29/2010, 03:40 PM
which do you doubt? that deb would kill quinn, or that she would turn dexter in?

yermom
11/29/2010, 03:41 PM
that she would turn him in

KC//CRIMSON
11/30/2010, 08:51 AM
I keep thinking that Quinn may get knocked off before the end of the season.

I thought that as well, but since he's not pursuing Dexter any longer they may let him stay around a while.

However, I think Lumen, Liddy, and Chase all get the ax.

KC//CRIMSON
12/2/2010, 07:41 PM
Dexter: “Maybe Deb has a blind spot when it comes to me. Sometimes I feel like I’m taking advantage of her, but it’s for the best. She’s not like us.”

bTOwXkY7fmU

Dexter Preview Scene: Season 5, Episode 11
Dexter realizes someone is watching Lumen and himself

Fraggle145
12/3/2010, 02:14 AM
Lumen might make it... Or she may get the whole vigilante thing pinned on her somehow.

Liddy is definitely toast. They either pin the vigilante rap on him and something like what happened to Doakes or Dexter finds out some dirt on him and him and Lumen do him.

I think Quinn lives... He may end up killing Liddy for trying to **** up Deb and Dexter to get back in her good graces. Of course he might die in that fight.

Chase is a given.

And Deb would turn him in... Even if he told her about Harry.

Fraggle145
12/3/2010, 02:18 AM
I'm still trying to figure out the babysitter angle :confused:

mingobee
12/3/2010, 04:43 AM
I have only watched the last two seasons, but...Deb has no feelings when it comes to killing. I think she got a Dexter rush out of it. Liddy has to go, we all know that, but, I think with the tension between he and Quinn, it will come down to Quinn taking him out to protect Deb/Dexter. That leaves Dexter and Lumen to take it. I'm thinking in the end Deb will take out Quinn because of the stuff he may know about Dexter?

KC//CRIMSON
12/7/2010, 10:36 PM
Lumen might make it... Or she may get the whole vigilante thing pinned on her somehow.

Liddy is definitely toast. They either pin the vigilante rap on him and something like what happened to Doakes or Dexter finds out some dirt on him and him and Lumen do him.

I think Quinn lives... He may end up killing Liddy for trying to **** up Deb and Dexter to get back in her good graces. Of course he might die in that fight.

Chase is a given.

And Deb would turn him in... Even if he told her about Harry.

RoboCop is definitely burnt toast now.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens with Lumen. I'm guessing a reservoir dogs style ending for her and Chase.

Quinn's fate is a little more tricky to figure out. Will Dexter off him? Will he get pinned for Liddy's death?

Looks like another nail-biter season ending. I pink puffy-heart this show.

yermom
12/8/2010, 01:16 AM
yeah, i'm guessing Quinn goes down for Liddy

ouleaf
12/8/2010, 10:39 AM
yeah, i'm guessing Quinn goes down for Liddy

That drop of blood did land on Quinn's shoe. That's how he'll be tied to Liddy's murder.

SoonerAtKU
12/8/2010, 11:49 AM
They focused on that blood drop for far too long. I think maybe Quinn and Dexter have a little talk about it and Dexter agrees to hold on to the shoe and Quinn leaves him alone.

In a way, it's what Quinn has always wanted from Dexter. He wanted Dexter to be dirty so that he couldn't rat him out for swiping cash and stuff from crime scenes in Season 3.

yermom
12/8/2010, 11:52 AM
well, now he just wants to bang Deb :D

Romulus
12/8/2010, 12:22 PM
Does Lumen die in the finale?

King Crimson
12/10/2010, 10:49 AM
They focused on that blood drop for far too long. I think maybe Quinn and Dexter have a little talk about it and Dexter agrees to hold on to the shoe and Quinn leaves him alone.

In a way, it's what Quinn has always wanted from Dexter. He wanted Dexter to be dirty so that he couldn't rat him out for swiping cash and stuff from crime scenes in Season 3.

something like this....and what yermom said.

did Quinn (actor) have plastic surgery or lose weight or something....his face looks goofy. what happened to the central american death cult and the upstart, backstabbing latina kiss up? that whole story line disappeared....not that i care so much...it's just weird.

SoonerAtKU
12/10/2010, 11:41 AM
I think he lost weight. I also think we'll see some shake-up within Miami Metro Homicide at the end of the season. LaGuerta is out somehow, either to a new post or something worse. Batista is the new Lt., and that leaves either Deb or Quinn to be Sgt. We might also see the new girl more if she sticks.

soonerbrat
12/10/2010, 12:12 PM
LaGuerta was murdered in the first book. I guess they decided to keep her around for the series.

reflector
12/12/2010, 04:28 PM
The season finale is tonight.

SoonerAtKU
12/13/2010, 12:04 PM
So I guess everyone else was somewhat underwhelmed by the finale too. I thought there was some great acting and the story made sense, but I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop like last season.

I guess in a way it's good they didn't try to emulate what they did so well last time out.

ouleaf
12/13/2010, 02:31 PM
Yeah, I guess i was hoping for a blood bath of a finale, but it didn't really go down that way this season.

Wonder if Quinn will still snoop around Dexter or if he'll leave it be as long as he and Debra are together.

yermom
12/13/2010, 03:05 PM
that she would turn him in

well, i was kinda right :D

she did kinda hint that she knew what was going on... at least with Lumen and Dexter

reflector
12/13/2010, 04:54 PM
I am glad the ending was different than last season. I thought if Lumen were killed it would be too much like last season ended.

soonerbrat
12/13/2010, 04:57 PM
it was a tad anticlimactic.

ouleaf
12/15/2010, 10:43 AM
Any one else see the news that Michael Hall and Jennifer Carpenter are divorcing? Wonder if that will have any effect on the show? Will it make the show better? Worse?

yermom
12/15/2010, 12:10 PM
i guess we know who dies next season :D

soonerbrat
12/15/2010, 12:34 PM
i saw that. they've been separated for quite some time. hopefully it won't change anything.

SanJoaquinSooner
8/21/2011, 01:55 PM
I can't read this thread because I just started watching Season 5 this week when it came out on DVD. I have two more episodes to watch today.

Honestly, I was in mourning from the ending of Season 4 (trinity killer season) for quite a while. I don't subscribe to Showtime, so it worked out in that respect - giving me time to digest it all.

SoonerStud615
8/21/2011, 03:17 PM
Maybe this will finally be the season that Deb learns Dex's secret.

If so, she'd get the opportunity to exercise some post-divorce feelings on screen ;)

reflector
8/21/2011, 04:16 PM
I am excited for the new season to begin.

reflector
10/2/2011, 03:53 PM
It all begins again tonight. I am thinking this will be a darker season than the last one.

SanJoaquinSooner
10/2/2011, 04:05 PM
Last season's ending wasn't the shocker of the prior season, but overall the season was great. Julia Stiles was great as Lumen. I wish they had highlighted Officer Manzon's role a bit more, however.

I'm contemplating ordering Showtime, rather than waiting for the DVDs.

reflector
10/2/2011, 04:29 PM
Last season's ending wasn't the shocker of the prior season, but overall the season was great. Julia Stiles was great as Lumen. I wish they had highlighted Officer Manzon's role a bit more, however.

I'm contemplating ordering Showtime, rather than waiting for the DVDs.

I originally got Showtime the week leading up to their first MMA event. I love the channel now. I like the fact that they cover both boxing and MMA. Their original series are good as well. It might be my favorite channel now. Dexter is great.

reflector
10/2/2011, 05:07 PM
Just finished season 5. Thought it was a great idea to have someone discover Dexter and be able to accept him. The finale wasn't as good as I had anticipated, but it was still good.

I am thinking of ordering showtime for this season, but I really wouldn't watch much else.

You might surprise yourself. I originally was only going to watch the MMA events on the channel, but now I realize there is so much more. Weeds is really funny. The boxing on the channel is excellent. MMA is always great to watch. Dexter is awesome. It is a good channel.

GDC
10/2/2011, 05:16 PM
I've never had Showtime. I might rent the first season of Dexter though.

SanJoaquinSooner
10/2/2011, 08:31 PM
season 5 spoiler...

Honestly, I was kinda expecting LaGuerta to get the ax (either literally or figuratively) at the end of last season.

I saw her in some other series and then actually I don't think she and Batista's relationship add that much to the show. The chemsitry between them is as fake as a three dollar bill. Much better when they were unattached and mischievious.

SanJoaquinSooner
10/3/2011, 12:24 AM
Can anyone gives a thumbs up or anything (w/o) spoilers on tonight's episode?

OUstud
10/3/2011, 02:05 AM
I think we're in for a more violent, twisted season than season 5. Which is good. His kills in the episode are money.

soonerbrat
10/3/2011, 08:53 AM
they got good bad guys this year..Edward James Olmos & Colin Hanks...

MountainOkie
10/3/2011, 09:22 AM
they got good bad guys this year..Edward James Olmos & Colin Hanks...

OOOOOO! Edward James Olmos would make a GREAT villian. Unsure whether he'd be better (read creepier) with or without the 'dash.

Loved him in Battlestar Gallactica.

sooner ngintunr
10/3/2011, 06:03 PM
The Rapture? This year will be creepy as heck.

ouleaf
10/4/2011, 09:40 AM
Great opening episode IMO. Villans look great this year. Lots of story lines brewing. Dexter appears as though he is going to go on an absolute tear this season. Loved the scene at the HS reunion. Dexter dancing was hilarious.

ouleaf
11/14/2011, 04:58 PM
Season is kind of dragging along right now. Was sad they killed off "Mos Def" aka Brother Sam. I liked that character.

I thought last night's episode wasn't the best either. Don't see why they had to include Trinity killer's son back into the mix at all.

Miss Masuka's hot, theiving former intern. She was way better than the computer nerd that replaced her.

achiro
1/8/2012, 03:52 PM
Just finished the last episode...wow!

delhalew
1/8/2012, 06:53 PM
All shrinks are good for, is ****ing you up worse than when you walked through their door.

achiro
1/9/2012, 12:51 PM
All shrinks are good for, is ****ing you up worse than when you walked through their door.
The whole "I love dexter" storyline is stupid.

Boomer.....
1/9/2012, 12:57 PM
I thought that was a little too far out there also.

ouleaf
1/9/2012, 05:33 PM
Only a matter of time before Deb walked in on Dexter. Will be interesting to finally have to see Dexter explain himself to someone other than his ghost-dad or a victim just before he kills them.

Okay season overall, but this show has lost a lot of steam.

yermom
1/9/2012, 07:53 PM
i think it made up for it at the end

yermom
1/9/2012, 07:55 PM
and it was cool seeing Colin Hanks in something like Dexter after getting screwed by Fox on The Good Guys. i loved that show :D

and of course Adama is always good.

delhalew
1/10/2012, 07:29 AM
and it was cool seeing Colin Hanks in something like Dexter after getting screwed by Fox on The Good Guys. i loved that show :D

and of course Adama is always good.

I loved the good guys too.

reflector
8/30/2012, 01:04 PM
Only one more month until it begins again.

Boomer.....
8/30/2012, 01:23 PM
The trailers look interesting. Not sure what's going to happen between Dex and Deb after she caught him.

SanJoaquinSooner
8/30/2012, 03:31 PM
I need to watch last season.

ouleaf
8/30/2012, 03:33 PM
Almost a must watch now that Dexter has been caught. While the series has come a bit stale, maybe this is the twist it needs to re-ignite it. Dexter plus the return of Homeland will be worth tuning in. Going to be interesting to see how this duo stacks up against HBO really pushing Boardwalk Empire and Treme again.

reflector
9/30/2012, 01:01 PM
It all begins again tonight. I am really interested to see how Deb knowing about Dexter will change the series. The previews look intense. This preview is probably NSFW. Only a few more hours until the new season begins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NzpnjVmuCA&feature=plcp

SanJoaquinSooner
9/30/2012, 02:00 PM
Reflector, do you subscribe to both HBO and Showtime?

reflector
9/30/2012, 02:10 PM
Reflector, do you subscribe to both HBO and Showtime?

Yes.

olevetonahill
9/30/2012, 02:26 PM
I've never watched an episode
I have how ever read all the books

ouleaf
10/1/2012, 08:51 AM
First episode was strong to quite strong I thought. They really got a lot packed into that first hour. Should be the best season since the Trinity Killer season.

reflector
10/15/2012, 10:54 AM
I don't think Quinn will last much longer getting mixed up with the Ukrainian girl.

yermom
10/15/2012, 10:59 AM
Quinn's always banging the wrong chick

the Russians ought to be interesting

Dexter's problem intern seems to have been dispatched too easily, but i guess that's going to point to Dexter now too

ouleaf
10/15/2012, 11:34 AM
Strange episode. Deb has seem to come around or is more accepting of Dexter being a killer, but only going after bad people. Kind of wished still had her trying to cure/control/monitor Dexter some more.

Also was upset the Ukrainian guys offed the geeky intern guy. Was kind of hoping he and Dexter would have had a little more back and forth.

Also, me likey the lady Dexter and Batista had to get the DNA cheek swab from. I hope she is around more this season.

reflector
10/15/2012, 11:37 AM
Strange episode. Deb has seem to come around or is more accepting of Dexter being a killer, but only going after bad people. Kind of wished still had her trying to cure/control/monitor Dexter some more.

Also was upset the Ukrainian guys offed the geeky intern guy. Was kind of hoping he and Dexter would have had a little more back and forth.

Also, me likey the lady Dexter and Batista had to get the DNA cheek swab from. I hope she is around more this season.

Having the blood of Louis on Dexter's boat may create some problems for Dexter down the line.

reflector
10/22/2012, 01:24 PM
Last night's episode was pretty good. I have enjoyed the season so far. Hopefully it keeps up.

reflector
11/11/2012, 10:10 PM
This current season is crazy. I am enjoying it.

fadada1
11/11/2012, 10:29 PM
great season so far. hannah mckay (yvonne strahovski) helps to improve the scenery. definitely going to be an interesting end to the series.

ouleaf
11/12/2012, 12:00 PM
Lots of stuff going on all at once. Dexter and the Koshka guy wanting to kill him. Quinn tampering with evidence, then essentially bribing Batista without him knowing. La Guerta still keeps digging on Bay Harbor Butcher case. And Deb wants Dexter to kill Hanna McKay now. A lot is going to have to go down in the last few episodes.

StoopTroup
11/12/2012, 02:14 PM
I saw an episode where he takes the blonde gal on a date to see the snow.

I would have just taken her skiing instead of the twisted psycho sexual little Roman Sex Slab with a snow machine and disco ball.

I guess I just like the fresh air.

That was pretty weird.

achiro
11/12/2012, 02:43 PM
great season so far. hannah mckay (yvonne strahovski) helps to improve the scenery. definitely going to be an interesting end to the series.

Lots of stuff going on all at once. Dexter and the Koshka guy wanting to kill him. Quinn tampering with evidence, then essentially bribing Batista without him knowing. La Guerta still keeps digging on Bay Harbor Butcher case. And Deb wants Dexter to kill Hanna McKay now. A lot is going to have to go down in the last few episodes.
I'm pretty sure that there is going to be a season 8 so they could carry some of the current storylines over if they want.

Boomer.....
11/12/2012, 05:20 PM

Absolutely!

reflector
11/14/2012, 02:51 PM
I am thinking that a lot of this season will carry into the next season. There is so much going on in the show right now.

reflector
11/18/2012, 10:02 PM
Tonight's episode was so messed up.

delhalew
11/19/2012, 12:19 AM
Deb finally came clean...bonk chicka bowt bow.

ouleaf
11/19/2012, 10:39 AM
Definitely the best season since the Trinity Killer!

reflector
11/25/2012, 10:18 PM
A lot of loose ends got taken care of on tonight's episode. It will be interesting to see what happens now.

reflector
12/9/2012, 10:27 PM
Deb really doesn't like Hanna. I think next week is the season finale. They still have a lot going on for this season.

ouleaf
12/11/2012, 05:38 PM
Well it seems like Dexter is convinced she poisoned Deb's water that caused her to have the car accident, since he gave Deb the evidence that she also poisoned the writer. I hope this isn't the end for Hannah McKay. She purty.

Liked the trap La Guerta set for Dexter by helping to get the remaining member of the group that killed Dexter's mother out. Wonder what happens with that now that he got away. Will Dexter kill La Guerta? Great season!

yermom
12/11/2012, 05:43 PM
he already ditched the code for Hannah's dad, hard to tell where he goes with this

would Deb be crazy enough to drug herself?

Boomer.....
12/12/2012, 08:47 AM
Yes

reflector
12/16/2012, 01:49 PM
Tonight is the season finale, I believe. I have enjoyed the season so far.

achiro
12/17/2012, 10:01 AM
Ummmm

yermom
12/17/2012, 11:25 AM
Ummmm

yeah, that about covers it.

ouleaf
12/17/2012, 12:59 PM
Outstanding season!

reflector
12/17/2012, 03:36 PM
I thought last night was a really good ending to a really good season.

ouleaf
12/17/2012, 03:59 PM
I can only hope for more of Hannah McKay next season....She purty

SanJoaquinSooner
3/30/2013, 03:50 PM
Spoiler alert for Season 7.

I just got through binge watching Season 7.

I love Hannah. Glad she didn't die. Somehow they need her in Season 8. Can't believe Quinn hasn't been knocked off by now. I didn't think he'd last more than 2 seasons.

I enjoyed Season 7 characters very much, but the last two episodes seemed to be made up as they went along. I hope the writers have an end game to this mess.

I don't want to show to end with Deb and Dexter romantically involved.

reflector
5/21/2013, 04:16 PM
I just saw the trailer for season 8. It looks like it is going to be a very intense final season. This is probably NSFW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ckzE5vT0wc

olevetonahill
5/21/2013, 04:34 PM
I have NEVER watched an episode.

SanJoaquinSooner
5/21/2013, 05:39 PM
Hey vet, you know those "100 things you must do before you die" type lists?

Watching Season 4 of Dexter should be on the list.

olevetonahill
5/21/2013, 05:42 PM
Hey vet, you know those "100 things you must do before you die" type lists?

Watching Season 4 of Dexter should be on the list.

The shows are never as good as the Books and Ive read em all

reflector
6/24/2013, 04:46 PM
The final season begins in six days.

SanJoaquinSooner
6/25/2013, 11:48 PM
The final season begins in six days.

I might break down and get Showtime for Dexter and Homeland. **** Dave Ramsey.

olevetonahill
6/25/2013, 11:55 PM
I might break down and get Showtime for Dexter and Homeland. **** Dave Ramsey.

Knew you were a Sick mother ****er.

reflector
7/13/2013, 11:05 PM
I find the new season to be very interesting so far. Hopefully we get the discussion of this show back on track. It stinks that the site was down when the season began.

Fraggle145
7/14/2013, 10:50 AM
Just got done with season 7... Now the long wait until 8 arrives on netflix.

reflector
7/14/2013, 01:40 PM
i think the Dr. Vogel character is very interesting this season.

ouleaf
7/15/2013, 09:46 PM
been an okay start to the season....lack of hannah mckay is disappointing though.

reflector
7/15/2013, 10:41 PM
been an okay start to the season....lack of hannah mckay is disappointing though.

From the previews before the season, it looks like Hannah may come back at some point in the season. I think I saw her face in one of the previews. I could be wrong though. I hope she comes back at some point.

reflector
7/15/2013, 11:00 PM
Here is a clip from the upcoming episode. Showtime put it on their website, so I think it is okay to post. If you haven't started watching the season yet, you probably won't want to watch this. This is probably NSFW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_khirS4ivD4

reflector
7/21/2013, 09:05 PM
The ending to tonight's episode was insane. I really didn't expect it.

stoopified
7/21/2013, 09:36 PM
The ending to tonight's episode was insane. I really didn't expect it. true dat

ouleaf
7/22/2013, 01:39 PM
That was a pretty crazy moment....also enjoyed the moment where Masuka met his daughter.

reflector
8/4/2013, 09:17 PM
Hannah's back! I think that could really add a lot to the season.

reflector
8/11/2013, 02:33 PM
Here is a preview for tonight's episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0E3eZnz-Y0

SanJoaquinSooner
8/11/2013, 03:14 PM
I haven't started watching this last season yet. Haven't gotten around to signing up for Showtime.

So I can't read and fully participate in the latter part of this thread, but I'm with you in spirit Reflector.

Just tell Dexter to stay out of Deb's pants. I don't want the series to go there. Step brother and sister ****ing is too creepy.

reflector
8/11/2013, 09:02 PM
I think the kid and Dr. Vogel may end up being Dexter's ultimate downfall.

Boomer.....
8/13/2013, 10:15 AM
Possibly or it could be something with Deb and Hannah.

reflector
8/18/2013, 01:54 PM
Here is a clip from tonight's episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU73PlEwS4M

reflector
8/25/2013, 03:50 PM
Last week's episode was a bit of a surprise. I did not expect the kid to die so soon. Here is a preview of tonight's episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ScTlEa_Mkw

Boomer.....
8/26/2013, 11:19 AM
So far this season has been pretty weak. Hopefully they pick it up in these last few episodes.

reflector
8/26/2013, 12:47 PM
So far this season has been pretty weak. Hopefully they pick it up in these last few episodes.

I think there are only three episodes left. I have enjoyed the season so far.

ouleaf
9/4/2013, 01:15 PM
Okay...I think I am mostly caught up now. Freaking Time Warner Cable and their battle with CBS had it blacked out for a few weeks.

Love that Hannah McKay is back....mmmmm. That alone makes the whole season worthwhile. Everything else has been so-so. Will be interesting to see what happens with Dr. Vogel and her son. Kind of sad to see the Dexter protégé get killed off.

reflector
9/8/2013, 05:08 PM
Here is a preview of tonight's episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SGi9b5PC4Y

reflector
9/8/2013, 09:05 PM
So Vogel is dead now. I really don't see the series ending happily.

XingTheRubicon
9/9/2013, 02:19 PM
Is this the final season?

Boomer.....
9/9/2013, 02:58 PM
Yes. 2 episodes left.

reflector
9/14/2013, 05:26 PM
Here is a preview for the next episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eSIObV_v4Y

reflector
9/15/2013, 09:04 PM
What a crazy ending! Why would Dexter leave Saxon for Deb? I thought that the show might end with a showdown between Quinn and Dexter, but with the way the season was playing out that it wouldn't happen. Now it is almost guaranteed to happen. I think the final episode should be good though.

stoopified
9/17/2013, 01:13 PM
Can't wait for next Sunday

reflector
9/21/2013, 07:56 PM
Here is a preview for the finale.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ymhii00hnkQ

reflector
9/22/2013, 09:01 PM
What a weird ending to the series.

Boomer.....
9/23/2013, 10:47 AM
That last scene shouldn't have been added.

achiro
9/23/2013, 10:55 AM
What a weird ending to the series.

Very disappointed. Not just the storyline but the way went with it. The fight was super anticlimactic and could have easily been a big time roll around the cell type of fight.

SanJoaquinSooner
1/8/2014, 10:05 PM
The writers ran out of gas and just mailed it in. Got to wonder if they were leaving the door open for an encore show where Dexter reunites with his son and Hanna.

1. Deb was NOT a good female lead character, and they tried to make her the lead. She was very well-suited for a supporting character. Only so much brother-sister dilemma can be done.

2. Hanna was great in Season 7 - I think the best female opposite Dexter among all seasons. They had the chemistry. But she was wall paper in Season 8. Totally wasted. I wonder if the obtuse writers finally figured out how much she was liked by the viewers and decided post-hoc to insert her in Season 8 midway through, and adjust the story accordingly.

3. Can't believe Quinn made it to the end. He was ripe for "bad cop" fits the code. They should have had him on Dexter's table seasons ago. Instead, he limped out as another boring character. Too bad a naked Jamie Batista was wasted ****ing Quinn.

4. LaGuerta and Batista had no chemistry. It should have been a one-night fling, with regrets, instead of a secret marriage. And speaking of no chemistry, Deb and Quinn had none either.

5. Masuka was a great supporting character. Too bad they couldn't develop his daughter subplot a bit further in Season 8.

6. Lumen was a great Season 5 female character playing opposite Dexter. Admirable job, especially considering she had to follow Season 4 shocker.

7. Season 4 trinity killer rivals Breaking Bad quality in my book. Outstanding. I was in mourning longer than I am when real people die.

8. Lila was a great antagonist in Season 2, both clothed and unclothed.

reflector
1/9/2014, 04:11 PM
I really enjoyed the series overall. I thought the ending was a bit strange, but overall I thought it was a really good series.

SanJoaquinSooner
1/11/2014, 09:59 PM
I really enjoyed the series overall. I thought the ending was a bit strange, but overall I thought it was a really good series.

reflector, didn't you hear that the last episode was hacked from overseas? Here is the real ending:

OBSCvRGK8_o

reflector
1/12/2014, 12:32 PM
reflector, didn't you hear that the last episode was hacked from overseas? Here is the real ending:

OBSCvRGK8_o

Thanks for making me smile.

the_ouskull
1/19/2014, 09:10 AM
Dexter ended after S4. Anything else that you saw was some bull**** that got shot after the entire principal cast (and annual guest-stars) and crew - OBVIOUSLY minus the writing staff - got kidnapped and forced to continue making "episodes" of Dexter.

Source: I can't GIVE away DVD's of S5-S7, and I wouldn't buy S8 if the special features included a porno shot with me, Deb, Rita, Lila, Trinity's Daughter (the real one, not the fake family one), Lumen, Masuka's intern (the fast chick from "Heroes"), and Hannah f'in' McKay and nobody else. I'm pissed I even WATCHED S8, and the last episode in particular. I thought this was a show about murder, not about suicide...

So, why didn't they let the show kill its competitors instead of itself...?

deweydw
12/3/2014, 01:53 PM
As I posted on another Dexter thread, the death of Rita shook me up. Took a couple weeks to get over that. I even looked up the actress that played Rita (Julie Benz) on IMDB to see that she is still very much alive and a busy actress. One of the best series I ever watched. I think Jennifer Carpenter did really good job. Her acting in emotional scenes was intense.

But the season finale was kinda meh. Didn't like that they killed off Debra. But I did like how Hannah and Harrison got away, needle in the leg.