PDA

View Full Version : Poll: One Third Of Dems Less Likely To Vote In 2010 If Public Option Dies

JLEW1818
12/14/2009, 11:20 AM
This is striking: A new national poll finds that fully one third of Democratic voters say that they’re “less likely” to vote in 2010 if Congress doesn’t pass a public option, underscoring the possibility that dropping the provision seriously risks dampening the Dem base’s enthusiasm.

I was sent an advance look at these numbers by the Progressive Change Campaign Committee and Democracy for America, which commissioned the poll from the nonpartisan Research 2000 and will release the results later this morning. The poll asks:

If Congress does not pass a public option as part of health care reform, will that make you more likely or less likely to vote in the 2010 general election, or no effect?

Among Dems, 33% say it would make them less likely, while less than one fourth that amount, 7%, say it would make them more likely. Sixty percent say it would have no effect.

Among independent voters, 21% say it would make them less likely, and 13% say it would make them more likely, with 66% saying it would have no effect, suggesting that passing a public option would have a marginal impact among indys.

Separately, in other advance excerpts of the same poll obtained by Sam Stein, 81% of Dems want Joe Lieberman punished if he filibusters health care reform.

Obviously, passions over the public option are on full boil right now. Passage of a health care bill of some kind, not to say the passage of time, could reduce the impact that dropping the public option could have on Dem turnout in the 2010 elections, particularly since they’re nearly a year away.

But these numbers are a reminder of just how dispirited the Dem base is by the party’s inability to leverage their comfortable majority in support of an agenda built on core liberal priorities.

http://theplumline.whorunsgov.com/health-care/poll-one-third-of-dems-less-likely-to-vote-in-2010-if-public-option-dies/

JLEW1818
12/14/2009, 11:21 AM
would you consider this legit?? I'm not trying to start anything... thoughts?

OklahomaTuba
12/14/2009, 11:37 AM
Dear Leader is at 44% approval today BTW.

Dems are sca-rewed either way. As bad as the GOP has been, at least it wasn't nearly THIS bad.

We would all be better off if they didn't pass anything, but if they do somehow manage to bankrupt the country to pay for Pedro the illegals free health care and his baby momma's abortions, then they can kiss both houses goodbye as well.

yermom
12/14/2009, 11:41 AM
if Pedro's baby mama was getting abortions we wouldn't be in this mess ;)

and we are already paying for Pedro and his baby mama

JLEW1818
12/14/2009, 11:42 AM
its pretty simple.. the worthless should not reproduce...

dems and repubs agree on that!!

too bad it aint that simple !

yermom
12/14/2009, 11:43 AM
now, if Pedro's god didn't hate condoms...

StoopTroup
12/14/2009, 11:43 AM
I'm still not sold that we would have been better off without him. I think the Pubs were given a gift. Had even half of this occurred under their watch...I'm thinking a 20% approval rating would be pretty good right now for them.

We were screwed no matter who got elected.

JLEW1818
12/14/2009, 11:44 AM
basically like being a bullpen pitcher... the only way you get in the game is if the pitcher messes up.... but at the same time u want to win... and not lose.

soonerscuba
12/14/2009, 11:52 AM
Heh. Politics if chock o'block with short memories, for good and bad. The Republicans are literally out to stop Democratic healthcare reform, contrast statements and House process during the Part D ($1.2t, which last I heard is actually more than $868b) passage for further reading, apparently it takes a Democrat for the Republicans to find their fiscal core, amazing! I personally hope the Republicans take back the House and Senate, because I (not to mention the market) love a divided gov't, but I will look at it as typical Congressional shift as opposed to some sort of great Republican awakening. Not matter what, nobody is good at predicting political futures, and I have seen way too many make asses out of themselves to try.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/14/2009, 11:56 AM
its pretty simple.. the worthless should not reproduce...

dems and repubs agree on that!!

too bad it aint that simple !They don't agree on that. What you are calling worthless is not that at all. it's a vote, and it's what politicians want.

OklahomaTuba
12/14/2009, 11:57 AM
We were screwed no matter who got elected.I doubt it.

The biggest difference would be that we would be talking about tax cuts for companies, which actually grow an economy, instead of tax increases on said companies and such.

And I doubt the national debt would be 4 times the size it was last year.

Nor would we be nationalizing failed companies like GM.

All this crap the liberals have done has made the problem much worse. The donks have effectively bankrupted the country in 11 months time. If they pass this POS health care mess AND cap and trade, it won't be pretty.

OklahomaTuba
12/14/2009, 12:02 PM
apparently it takes a Democrat for the Republicans to find their fiscal core, amazing! No, its takes the donks quadrupling the debt in a year to do that...

http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/obama-deficit.bmp

JLEW1818
12/14/2009, 12:03 PM
They don't agree on that. What you are calling worthless is not that at all. it's a vote, and it's what politicians want.

true..

how do the pubs get the "worthless" vote ?

yermom
12/14/2009, 12:04 PM
I doubt it.

The biggest difference would be that we would be talking about tax cuts for companies, which actually grow an economy, instead of tax increases on said companies and such.

And I doubt the national debt would be 4 times the size it was last year.

Nor would we be nationalizing failed companies like GM.

All this crap the liberals have done has made the problem much worse. The donks have effectively bankrupted the country in 11 months time. If they pass this POS health care mess AND cap and trade, it won't be pretty.

the bailouts started before Dear Leader was in office.

McCain might have had the balls to let GM and some of the banks fail. i somehow doubt it though. maybe if he didn't pick the dumbest yainch ever as a running mate we might have seen it.

we were already in a world of ****. blaming either party isn't going to dig us out of anything

JLEW1818
12/14/2009, 12:06 PM
i dont like McCain's chin fat ...

12/14/2009, 12:08 PM
true..

how do the pubs get the "worthless" vote ?The pubs that vote for Social Programs and Amnesty are the ones that think the recipients of that govt largess might vote for them.

12/14/2009, 12:13 PM
McCain... maybe if he didn't pick the dumbest yainch ever as a running mate...(they jest cain't hep it. The republicans as always stupid syndrome)

we were already in a world of ****. blaming either party isn't going to dig us out of anythingBlaming the democrats, and getting the heck rid of them will make us shovel-ready!

OklahomaTuba
12/14/2009, 12:15 PM
McCain might have had the balls to let GM and some of the banks fail. i somehow doubt it though. maybe if he didn't pick the dumbest yainch ever as a running mate we might have seen it.

we were already in a world of ****. blaming either party isn't going to dig us out of anything
I think most people believe Palin has more a conservative backbone than McCain has, and "that dumbest yainch ever" is looking a hell of a lot better than say, Slow Joe Biden or even Dear Leader is right now.

If we need to one thing, its stop the digging. But as the chart above clearly shows, the liberals don't know how to stop digging. If they did, they wouldn't be trying to pass nationalized health care or their Enron invented carbon trading scam called Cap and Trade.

StoopTroup
12/14/2009, 12:18 PM
The more I see of Palin...the less cute she has become. She definitely made McCain look younger when he stood next to her. His tired ideas wouldn't have been any better no matter how Tuba wants to paint it. The Potus or the Congress aren't in control. Yeah the Dems have made things a mess...but it's only because of them trying to save their own skins. The Pubs would have made just as big a mess by trying to lessen the blow in other ways. It's the money that controls them all. It's the money combined with their need to save their careers which makes it worse.

I call bull**** on anyone who think their guys are different. They are all the same. I have no faith in either party. I worry for my kids as they have absolutely no leadership to admire whats so ever.

I'm not even sure a Third Party would help put them in check. They are both way to powerful....they have forgotten the Middle Class in this Country.

JohnnyMack
12/14/2009, 01:48 PM
The more I see of Palin...the less cute she has become. She definitely made McCain look younger when he stood next to her. His tired ideas wouldn't have been any better no matter how Tuba wants to paint it. The Potus or the Congress aren't in control. Yeah the Dems have made things a mess...but it's only because of them trying to save their own skins. The Pubs would have made just as big a mess by trying to lessen the blow in other ways. It's the money that controls them all. It's the money combined with their need to save their careers which makes it worse.

I call bull**** on anyone who think their guys are different. They are all the same. I have no faith in either party. I worry for my kids as they have absolutely no leadership to admire whats so ever.

I'm not even sure a Third Party would help put them in check. They are both way to powerful....they have forgotten the Middle Class in this Country.

PIITB???

badger
12/14/2009, 01:55 PM
Is it absolutely wrong of me to associate "not voting over health care issues" with the implied thought that the voters won't vote, cuz they will be physically unable to?

(ok... so my first thought was "cuz they'll be dead?!" there i said it)

StoopTroup
12/14/2009, 02:17 PM
PIITB???

Put it in the book? :D :pop:

http://www.themudflats.net/wp-content/uploads/howtosucceed.jpg

JLEW1818
12/14/2009, 03:51 PM
Palin can fart on my face

12/14/2009, 04:03 PM
Palin can fart on my faceI thought so.

JohnnyMack
12/14/2009, 04:04 PM
Obama summons Senate Dems to WH for some arm twisting:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34415087/ns/politics-health_care_reform/

Bipartisan politics at its finest folks.

1890MilesToNorman
12/14/2009, 04:13 PM

They ALL have forgotten the founding principles this country used to flourish on. To hell with'em, the last Presidential election was the first one I refused to participate in. I had no choice and that makes me madder than a hornet. :mad:

FaninAma
12/14/2009, 05:10 PM
StoopTroup, are you of the opinion that the
policies of the Democrats are going to create
less debt for future generations to pay off?

I am not claiming the GOP did a good job in
this area. In fact their fiscal policies were horrible.
But I don't see the Democrats doing anything
about this threat to our country other than to
accelerate the bankruptcy of our nation.

StoopTroup
12/14/2009, 05:32 PM
No I'm of the opinion that we should probably require folks who want to be Politicians to get a Master's Degree in Basket Weaving or Making Crossword Puzzles because most of them seem to go with Law and it sure seems like they are wasting a lot of money on education they don't use.