PDA

View Full Version : Why can't I stand to listen to Colin Cowherd?

TUSooner
12/14/2009, 10:32 AM
I love Mike & Mike, but as soon as Cowherd comes on after them, I turn off the radio. He may be the most brilliant mind in sports journalism for all I know, but the combination of his grating voice and his "I'm gonna tell you" attitude makes me not want to listen to anything he says for more than about 15 seconds. Am I being unfair?

While I am on this tremendously profound subject :rolleyes: , why is it that so many people on sports radio have snarky attitudes? I blame Muhammad Ali. Your comments?

olevetonahill
12/14/2009, 10:34 AM
Cause he sounds like a **** salesman with a Mouth full of samples :cool:

budbarrybob
12/14/2009, 10:46 AM
To open an old wound, I didn't even know who this tool was until he bashed OU for "running it up" vs TA&M 77-0. He talked about it like all he did was look at the box score. Sure it was total domination and Fran's aggies looked like US Grant HS, but it could have easily been 120-0. Never had I seen a running clock. I think the second half literally took 30 mins...

So yes, Colin Sheepherd is a closet aggie and he looks 40[hairGel]

JLEW1818
12/14/2009, 10:52 AM
i think he needs his *** kicked

oudivesherpa
12/14/2009, 10:54 AM
He reminds me of Jimmy the Geek.

sooneron
12/14/2009, 11:00 AM
Because he's flipping horrible?

Lott's Bandana
12/14/2009, 11:11 AM
He is a dude from Washington that became a USC tool and flaunts it at any opportunity.

On ESPN's SportsNation show, he is paired up with a whorn tool so it is obvious what their CFB discussions involve.

JLEW1818
12/14/2009, 11:14 AM
I'd hit the girl on his show Sports Nation

delhalew
12/14/2009, 11:17 AM
Cause he's an asshat...carry on.

soonersam
12/14/2009, 11:21 AM
He's alright. Very smart and loves college football!!

homerSimpsonsBrain
12/14/2009, 11:31 AM
TU, Its cuz you have too many brain cells. Have the upper two thirds of your brain removed. Then you'll love him like all USC fans. If you want to like Skip Bayless, you have to remove 95%. Just keep enough of the brain stem for basic life support.

TUSooner
12/14/2009, 11:33 AM
He is a dude from Washington that became a USC tool and flaunts it at any opportunity.

On ESPN's SportsNation show, he is paired up with a whorn tool so it is obvious what their CFB discussions involve.

Sodomy? :confused:

SONofa47straitSOONER
12/14/2009, 04:17 PM
Feel the same way. Really don't like his simple examples, the mountains he makes out of mole hills, and his know-it-all voice really bugs. Silence is so much better. He should be so appreciative that someone pays him anything for the noise he makes. Can't change the station fast enough. And it's so apparent he's single: who'd want to live with that 24-7?

Scott D
12/14/2009, 05:12 PM
apparently a woman who gets alimony payments from him wanted to.

TUSooner
12/14/2009, 08:37 PM
Feel the same way. Really don't like his simple examples, the mountains he makes out of mole hills, and his know-it-all voice really bugs. Silence is so much better. He should be so appreciative that someone pays him anything for the noise he makes. Can't change the station fast enough. And it's so apparent he's single: who'd want to live with that 24-7?

"his know-it-all voice" ... exactly the phrase!

ouduckhunter
12/14/2009, 09:08 PM
Yep, he's a jerk alright!!

He used to do the sports on the local NBC affiliate here in Portland. I didn't like him much to begin with, but I knew he was a total and complete idiot after he announced something to the effect that it was strange times in college football when Bob Stoops and Mike Belotti from Orygun weren't interested in talking with Notre Dame about becoming the head coach. This was probably back in 2002 or 2003 because I know that Stoops and OU had won the National Championship, and Orygun had just finished their best season ever and was ranked #2 or #3 in the final polls. Cowherd was just all a twitter that Stoops and Belotti wouldn't drop everything and leave their programs for the glory of Notre Dame!! I could have cared less what Belotti did, but to act like Stoops should be flattered especially after having recently won the championship at OU just really chapped my a$$! I sent him an email telling him that I didn't follow his logic, but of course I never heard back.

He's a big idiot, and I always figured that he moved to radio because he wasn't good looking enough for TV!

He does have a following out here though because he's from the NW, and he loves to talk about the PAC10 and their lack of respect from the rest of the college sports world, etc. Bleh, I don't like him! :eek:

Kadosh
12/15/2009, 03:15 AM
Listening to him is like nails on a chalkboard. Plus he comes off as a pervert. he's always talking about hot college girls...and for a man way way way past college, it's creepy.

misplaced_sooner
12/15/2009, 05:03 AM
Listen to the herd every morning on the way home from work. Yes, he is a USuCk homer, but he really loves CB and is usually on the money.

ashley
12/15/2009, 07:03 AM
The best guy on radio and not only loves football but is very knowledgeable.

TUSooner
12/15/2009, 09:28 AM

All I can say is he's got the perfect voice for PRINT journalism. :rolleyes: ;)

sooneron
12/15/2009, 09:30 AM

... rrriiiiiiight.... :rolleyes:

Sonner magic923
12/15/2009, 10:28 AM

you must be f'n kidding me this guy is an idiot. I listened to him one day out of accident and he was talking about why villanova should end there football program because they havnt produced any players relevant since Howie long. I found myself screaming at my radio "what about Brian Westbrook" look I know westbrook isnt AD or anything but hes hardly irrelevant. Not to mention every time I happen to stumble across this guy hes bashin OU for something.