PDA

View Full Version : My doggie has a lump in his cheek????

SunnySooner
12/14/2009, 08:41 AM
My little Havanese (like a multicolored Maltese), has a marble sized lump in his cheek near his bottom back teeth. The skin on each side is fine, and it doesn't seem to be bothering him. It feels firm on the outside, a little mushier on the inside. I'm gonna try to get him to the vet before we leave town this weekend. Anyone had anything like this with their dogs, I know we have a lot of puppylovers on this board. I'm kinda skeered, he's like a third kid, we'd all be in the nuthouse if something happened to him. He just turned 6.:confused: :(

olevetonahill
12/14/2009, 08:52 AM
Any chance he got a Bone cut ?
It may have gotten infected

olevetonahill
12/14/2009, 08:52 AM
Meant to ask , Is it in the cheek or the Gum ?

1890MilesToNorman
12/14/2009, 08:57 AM
See what the Vet says Sunny, my dog used to get a huge swollen face in the last year of his life but prolly not the same. I thought someone had kicked him but it went away and came back a couple months later so it was a tumor or sumptin. He was old and that **** happens. Only a Vet can say fer sure.

Boomer.....
12/14/2009, 08:58 AM
My friends dog had something similar a few weeks ago. Apparently a piece of twig/limb had gotten lodged in the gums and it had gotten infected. They were able to remove it and after some anti-biotics, the lump went away.

SunnySooner
12/14/2009, 09:06 AM
Thanks y'all. It's in his cheek, Vet, like someone slid a marble under his skin. I've had a lot of dogs over the years, never noticed anything like this. Do you think it could be a swollen lymphnode? He got a bite or something on his shoulder when we were in the country over Tgiving, but it just scabbed up and healed fine. And that was on the opposite shoulder. Ugh, I'm gonna call here in a minute and see if we can get him in.

olevetonahill
12/14/2009, 09:19 AM
DEf. get it checked out

I dont think its anything serious tho. But dont take a chance
Heh My Black Lab Mix Got bit on the Face a few years ago By a Copperhead,, Poor Mutts Lower Mouth swelled up looked like he had Gout for about a week :eek:

Okla-homey
12/14/2009, 11:24 AM
I'd bet it's some kind of abcess. Prolly easily remedied. Unless of course your dog dips snuff. Then it could be cancer. ;)

Take that pooch to the vet.

SunnySooner
12/14/2009, 01:05 PM
Vet's out of town, of course, and they aren't scheduling appts. til they know for sure when he'll be back, some family thing. Should I take him somewhere else? I really like our vet, I'd rather wait, but I'm afraid I won't get him in before we leave on Friday. GRRRRR!!!!

olevetonahill
12/14/2009, 01:12 PM
YUp just get him checked out
Dont matter who does it

Okla-homey
12/14/2009, 01:15 PM
Vet's out of town, of course, and they aren't scheduling appts. til they know for sure when he'll be back, some family thing. Should I take him somewhere else? I really like our vet, I'd rather wait, but I'm afraid I won't get him in before we leave on Friday. GRRRRR!!!!

If it is an abcess, I bet it hurts. A lot. Go to a vet.

StoopTroup
12/14/2009, 01:44 PM
Prayers fer da puppy.

Chuck Bao
12/14/2009, 04:12 PM
When I die and later reincarnated, I want to come back as Sunny's dog.

Sunny, he'll be okay for now since you say that it isn't bothering him. If it were an embedded thorn, spear weed or twig, it should hurt. The vet would probably say to watch it and see if it goes away in 2-3 weeks and if not come back. Maybe it is a cyst that will go away over time. My human doctor would say that. Relax and take your trip. Your dog will be fine. But if he dies, he may come back as a stockbroker.

SunnySooner
12/14/2009, 04:25 PM

Sunny, he'll be okay for now since you say that it isn't bothering him. If it were an embedded thorn, spear weed or twig, it should hurt. The vet would probably say to watch it and see if it goes away in 2-3 weeks and if not come back. Maybe it is a cyst that will go away over time. My human doctor would say that. Relax and take your trip. Your dog will be fine. But if he dies, he may come back as a stockbroker.

Thanks Chuck, lol!! I want to be my dog in my next life. He sleeps in my bed, usually on my pillow, eats, takes a nice long nap, plays with his squeakys or the kids, chases some squirrels in the backyard, back in for another nap,eats some more and by then it's time for bed on my pillow again.:P Oh, and gets petted and baby-talked to all thruout the day. But he's not spoiled!!!:rolleyes: :D

I called my vet again, they think they can get him in on Wed., and as long as he's eating and acting normally, which he is, I don't need to take him this instant. If worse comes to worse, I can take him to my vet in my hometown once we get home, I'd just rather go to someone I know.

NormanPride
12/14/2009, 05:10 PM
He's about the age where dogs start getting those little fatty cysts. They pop up just under the skin and don't seem to bother the dogs at all. As long as it's not growing and isn't painful, the pooch should be fine.

SunnySooner
12/14/2009, 05:14 PM
He's about the age where dogs start getting those little fatty cysts. They pop up just under the skin and don't seem to bother the dogs at all. As long as it's not growing and isn't painful, the pooch should be fine.

Thanks NP, the more I've been reading, the more I think that's probably what it is, but I'll still get him checked to be sure.

StoopTroup
12/14/2009, 05:28 PM
Thanks NP, the more I've been reading, the more I think that's probably what it is, but I'll still get him checked to be sure.

What have you been doing all day young lady? Aren't the Vets open on Monday? :D

SunnySooner
12/14/2009, 06:04 PM
What have you been doing all day young lady? Aren't the Vets open on Monday? :D

Read the thread, goofus, he's out of town!! Pay tention!!:P ;) :D

StoopTroup
12/14/2009, 06:08 PM
I guess I missed that. So he's the only one in town? :D

StoopTroup
12/14/2009, 06:11 PM

I'd like to be re-incarnated as Bill Gates heir.

Chuck Bao
12/14/2009, 06:34 PM
I'd like to be re-incarnated as Bill Gates heir.

Oh get real dude. You really don't have the tits for that.

Having tits is a huge karma responsibility. It wil be another couple of lives before you realized that big tits is a human condition and a responsibility to make everyone else feel their place in the cosmic universe that is milk.

Chuck Bao
12/14/2009, 06:42 PM
Sorry, I probably missed my whole point in the previous post that life as we know it emerging cognizant life, it is about milk.

Thank about it guys. It is about the boobs. That is all. The vagina is just a side show in the cosmic dance.

Sooner04
12/14/2009, 06:44 PM
What the **** are you talking about, Chuck?

Chuck Bao
12/14/2009, 06:51 PM
What the **** are you talking about, Chuck?

Why do you ask? Tits are fun and all, but if they ain't yours, you've lost out on this life cycle. Get over it, dude. Maybe it isn't too late for you and you can grab all the best tittays and buttayas and life is good.

btk108
12/14/2009, 06:58 PM
threadjacked....

A Sooner in Texas
12/14/2009, 08:56 PM
Jackin' it back...

So Sunny, here's hoping your pup is ok. Glad you're getting him in soon, though I'd lay odds it's not going to be too big a deal. Keep us posted.

SunnySooner
12/14/2009, 09:07 PM
Jackin' it back...

So Sunny, here's hoping your pup is ok. Glad you're getting him in soon, though I'd lay odds it's not going to be too big a deal. Keep us posted.

Thanks, bud, will do!!!