PDA

View Full Version : Lebron is amazing...

Collier11
12/14/2009, 01:04 AM
That is all!

yankee
12/14/2009, 01:55 AM
i could have told you that years ago. no one in the league can sniff his jock strap. not CP3. not durant. not even the black mamba.

JLEW1818
12/14/2009, 11:05 AM
too bad he will wear down at age 30....

like I've said many times

his athleticism is more impressive than his basketball skills... he will not be able to drive to the lane his entire career. the main reason his shooting percentage is so good is b/c most of his shots are in the paint.

his jump shot is horrible (outside the paint, inside the 3).. it always will be horrible

MJ and Kobe played the same way when they started. They then couldn't do that anymore. They already had jump shots... if you think Lebrons shot comes close to MJ or Kobes, ur insane!... i don't think it ever will be either. He is too big. too bulky....

another thing, Lebron came in the league at age 18... he is about to be 25 i think.... those 3 extra years in the nba are huge deal, compared to going to college for 2 or 3 years. Look at Kobe, you can tell he is starting to wear down... he probably has 2 more prime years.... then a couple of average seasons. The physical way Lebron plays.. is he really gonna be able to keep doing that?

As yall know I'm a professional Lebron hater, and I'm bias as ****. I've seen the guy play, and its amazing to watch.... but to be honest i can't seem him winning a ring in the next 3 years??? Stay in Cleveland if you want lol... it wont happen there. Shaq will be done soon... some think he already is... "Cavs got shaq, its over its over" says the retard sports fans.

go to the Knicks? still a 3 year process before they could compete for a Title

come to Houston, and I'll erase everything I've ever said about him. and jump on this wagon

The NBA is the only league where championships define greatness

Tim Duncan will always be over Karl Malone, 4 rings, 0 rings

Basketball you play O and D, and can single handily take over a game on both sides of the ball.

Collier11
12/14/2009, 12:12 PM
The thing is, Lebron is still young and will get a better shot but his shot is already pretty decent...and I started this thread cus I was at the game lastnite and saw first hand the carnage that he creates

JLEW1818
12/14/2009, 12:16 PM
yup, i remember u telling me you were gonna go see him.

sorry to hurt the thread. hehe

i like getting Eliseon and Scott D pissed!!!

Collier11
12/14/2009, 12:56 PM
you are starting to act like Curly with BV by saying that his jumper is terrible, far from it.

Lebron shoots 51% from the floor and 37% from 3
Kobe shoots 48% from the floor and 30% from 3...sooo, try again Jlew

StoopTroup
12/14/2009, 12:58 PM
Has Kobe called Tiger to give him any advice yet?

JLEW1818
12/14/2009, 01:02 PM
you are starting to act like Curly with BV by saying that his jumper is terrible, far from it.

Lebron shoots 51% from the floor and 37% from 3
Kobe shoots 48% from the floor and 30% from 3...sooo, try again Jlew

how many of those shots are in the paint compared to kobe?

Shaq's lifetime FG% is like 58%

stoops the eternal pimp
12/14/2009, 01:04 PM
**** Lebron

Collier11
12/14/2009, 02:22 PM
how many of those shots are in the paint compared to kobe?

Shaq's lifetime FG% is like 58%

No idea, ask skull to look it up, lol

Ton Loc
12/14/2009, 05:53 PM
Of course this is crazy but

Lebron could actually sign in OKC. We're one of a handful of teams that could offer him the max. Not saying it would happen, but it's fun to think about.

the_ouskull
12/15/2009, 11:06 AM
I was going to stay out of this, and let you guys have your little moment in the sun. And, I say this in all seriousness... jlew, aside from the factual inaccuracies, that post was one of your better ones. But, sadly, facts matter; the truth, it matters.

Aside from his rookie year in the league, LeBron's true shooting percentage has been over 55% every season. His effective field goal percentage has been over 50%, once again, except for his rookie season. Is he a great jump shooter? No. But, the thing about metric stats is that they take that sort of thing into consideration too.

LeBron doesn't have to be a good jump shooter for the same reason Shaq doesn't have to be a good three point shooter. In Shaq's case, he gets so many shots around the basket area, it offsets his horrible free throw percentages. In LeBron's case, he goes to the line so often, it offsets his outside shooting, which, by the way, isn't quite as bad as you'd like to think it is...

63% of LeBron's shots come from outside shots. On these shots, he shoots an effective field goal percentage of 44.2%. (for those of you who don't habla, eFG% accounts for the fact that a 3 is worth more than a 2) 37% of his shots come from inside shots (with 9% of those being dunks) on which he shoots an eFG of 73.3%.

Or, as people used to say back in the day regarding Shaq... "Yeah, maybe all he does is dunk, but ya know what? Stop it."

In addition, his usage rate has hovered around 33% (31.7%) for his career, so it's not like he's the only one taking all of Cleveland's shots, and, considering his assist rate of 33%, he's good at working the ball around too. And, when he DOES work the ball around, he's taking care of it, averaging a "bad pass" only once every 3.4 "good passes."

LeBron is, statistically, one of the greatest players in NBA history... already. And he is doing it in an era of parity like none other. He is doing it as the only legitimate threat on his team, something even Kobe hasn't had to do.

(Being the only threat on an also-ran, like the mid-00's Lakers when Kobe became Mamba for a while to help ease the pain of losing isn't nearly as impressive as being that threat on a deep playoff team...)

Also, as just a way to shovel a little more dirt on top of you and your argument before I run along... I'd like to point to clutch statistics. "Clutch" is defined as 4th quarter or overtime, less than five minutes left, neither team ahead by more than five points.

In "clutch" situations, LeBron shoots 54.2% from the field, with an eFG of 64.6%.

Yeah.

You dorks called down the Skull. You got him. If it's basketball, ask me before you start talking next time and you may save yourself some of what would be embarrassment if you knew enough to realize how little you actually know.

the_ouskull

Collier11
12/15/2009, 11:20 AM
Thanks for making my case, only with more valid stats ;)

Hella Sideburns
12/15/2009, 01:06 PM
there are far too many numbers in that post for jlew to comprehend it. his head might stop spinning sometime early next week.

the_ouskull
12/15/2009, 02:41 PM
there are far too many numbers in that post for jlew to comprehend it. his head might stop spinning sometime early next week.

Would he have been better off with binary? I figured well-argued points coupled with the correct use of the English language would be what threw him off, not numbers.

the_ouskull

JLEW1818
12/15/2009, 03:38 PM
skull,

my question is, will Lebron be able to drive to the lane consistently the rest of his career? no way...

I'm just waiting to see how good of a "shooter" he is, when the drive to the basket part of his game is over, or at least minimized. It must be nice to get coughed on, and it be called a foul.

My whole point or w/e is, sure Lebron is dominate right now... especially around the paint... but he wont be able to do that forever... you are right, he does not need to have a good jump shot, "right now"... what about in 5 years? The dude is a physical player..

Watch Lebron's next game. If he misses a layup/dunk its called a foul 99% of the time. If he makes it, they usually don't blow the whistle.

Collier11
12/15/2009, 03:49 PM
Lebron has a stronger body than MJ and Kobe, that is why they didnt drive as much later in their careers. He wont wear down as fast as they did because he is conditioned for it and has the physique for it. You forget Lebron is only 24, he has a bunch of good years left regardless

Collier11
12/15/2009, 03:50 PM
Watch Lebron's next game. If he misses a layup/dunk its called a foul 99% of the time. If he makes it, they usually don't blow the whistle.

You must not have seen Carmelo lastnite against the Thunder, or any superstar for that matter. Whether it is right or not, that is the way the NBA is

JLEW1818
And why does Kobe get criticized for having good players?

who the **** was P. Gasol before he came to LA??? a tall guy with a decent game??

Bynum??? he injury prone, Kobe said he didn't even want him

Fisher?? Vet, but old

Trevor Ariza??????????????????????????????????? he has been in the NBA for over 5 years, and now somehow he is a "new great player"

stoops the eternal pimp
**** Lebron

Collier11
12/15/2009, 03:51 PM
Man Crush?

JLEW1818
12/15/2009, 03:51 PM
Lebron has a stronger body than MJ and Kobe, that is why they didnt drive as much later in their careers. He wont wear down as fast as they did because he is conditioned for it and has the physique for it. You forget Lebron is only 24, he has a bunch of good years left regardless

agree, and i say his drive to the lane game starts going downhill when he reaches 30..

Collier11
12/15/2009, 03:53 PM
And why does Kobe get criticized for having good players?

who the **** was P. Gasol before he came to LA??? a tall guy with a decent game??

Bynum??? he injury prone, Kobe said he didn't even want him

Fisher?? Vet, but old

Trevor Ariza??????????????????????????????????? he has been in the NBA for over 5 years, and now somehow he is a "new great player"

Kobe doesnt get criticized I dont think, it is just acknowledged that he has had the better players around him his entire career

Shaq- Superstar
Gasol- All star
Artest- All star
Malone- Legend although at the end of his career
Payton- Same
Ariza- Budding star
Bynum- Damn good when healthy

etc...

JLEW1818
12/15/2009, 03:54 PM
lol i hate Kobe... i actually like Lebron more

I just don't like when people compare Lebron to MJ/Kobe ..

show me the rings first.....

i just love the Lebron media love fest

end of last season

"Cavs are the best team in the nba and their record shows it"

after ECF

"Lebron has nobody on his team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

JLEW1818
12/15/2009, 03:56 PM
I'll give people the Shaq years... that combo was deadly

i think they would have had 7 rings by now, if they stayed together.

Mo Williams was an "All-star" heh.

the cavs had boozer.... and now look what he is doing in Utah....

I'm just waiting for the new excuses after Boston beats the absolute **** out of them in the playoffs.... if they even get to play the cavs... "Shaq was too old!!!"

lol no ****!

Collier11
12/15/2009, 04:01 PM
Wasnt Boozer with Lebron for 1 year? I didnt look it up but im pretty sure, MO williams was an all star due to Lebrons lobbying last yr, really good player but im not sure if he is an all star when Durant isnt (and yes I realize they are in diff conferences, just saying)

JLEW1818
12/15/2009, 04:03 PM
well he better hope NY lands Bosh

Collier11
12/15/2009, 04:09 PM
Actually I heard that OKC will make a hard push for Bosh, that would be allsome...and Lebron isnt going to NY, I highly doubt it anyway

JLEW1818
12/15/2009, 04:10 PM
he wants to become a billionaire!

next summer is going to be crazy with free agents (Bron, Wade, Bosh, Dirk) for starters

i think he will be too scared to come to the West

stoops the eternal pimp
12/15/2009, 04:11 PM
"Cavs are the best team in the nba and their record shows it"

after ECF

"Lebron has nobody on his team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

JLew is a genius...C11 is a weenus

**** Lebron

JLEW1818
12/15/2009, 04:13 PM
I can't wait till he signs somewhere

very interested to see where ...

Collier11
12/15/2009, 04:14 PM
JLew is a genius...C11 is a weenus

**** Lebron

Step enjoys tummy stix...wait, that doesnt rhyme

JLEW1818
12/15/2009, 04:17 PM
maybe part of the reason i hate him is he was the year after the rockets got first pick..errr

2003 NBA draft, first 5 picks

Lebron James
Darko Miličić
Carmelo Anthony
Chris Bosh
Dwayne Wade

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Collier11
12/15/2009, 04:18 PM
perhaps

stoops the eternal pimp
12/15/2009, 05:02 PM
Alright I'll add my honest two cents...

I went to Dallas in LJ's rookie year to watch the Cavs and Mavs...He tweaked his ankle early in the game and still went for 19 or something similar...I was very impressed with his overall game...And I met him in Indianapolis in Oct/Nov of 2003 when he came to town to play the Pacers...Seemed like a decent person..

The dude can fill up a stat sheet and was great in the playoffs last year...I just want to see if he can take this team and win a ring..then I'll crown him!

Eielson
12/15/2009, 08:39 PM
Lebron plays basketball like an over sized third grader.

Eielson
12/15/2009, 09:03 PM
Kobe doesnt get criticized I dont think, it is just acknowledged that he has had the better players around him his entire career

Shaq- Superstar
Gasol- All star
Artest- All star
Malone- Legend although at the end of his career
Payton- Same
Ariza- Budding star
Bynum- Damn good when healthy

etc...

First of all, lets start by saying that Bynum, Ariza, Payton, Malone, and Artest have contributed basically nothing to Kobe's success. So basically you have two guys. Woo! There is a third big name that actually did help that you could have used, but it's top secret so I'm going to withhold this information.

Secondly, who really cares what Lebron can achieve all by himself? Despite what you're lead to believe, Lebron really hasn't accomplished that much as far as a team thing. All he's ever really done aside from the Detroit series have been personal accomplishments.

The Eastern conference is unbelievably weaker than the West. Winning a playoff series isn't really a big deal when you're playing a team that could barely dream of making the playoffs in the other conference. Kobe could have won several playoff series "by himself" if he had played in the East. Lebron would never had beaten the Suns by himself that had Amare, Nash, Marion, Dantoni, and those ten other guys all from different countries. Lebron played a series against a team from the West...it wasn't pretty.

Even if we give Lebron credit as being a better play "by himself"...who cares? The idea of basketball is to play with others and succeed as a team. We know Kobe can do that. Can Lebron? None of the stars seem too eager to go find out.

JLEW1818
12/15/2009, 09:26 PM
damn i hate agreeing with Laker fans

but I'm anti-bron bron

the_ouskull
12/16/2009, 12:23 AM
skull,

my question is, will Lebron be able to drive to the lane consistently the rest of his career? no way...

I'm just waiting to see how good of a "shooter" he is, when the drive to the basket part of his game is over, or at least minimized. It must be nice to get coughed on, and it be called a foul.

My whole point or w/e is, sure Lebron is dominate right now... especially around the paint... but he wont be able to do that forever... you are right, he does not need to have a good jump shot, "right now"... what about in 5 years? The dude is a physical player..

With LeBron, as with all potentially great players, it will be a matter of whether or not he can adjust his game as his body begins to fail him. First of all, guys, he IS a physical freak. He's a legit 6'7", 6'8", and he weighs in the 270 pound range. Think of how ripped Karl Malone was. That's the same size, roughly. So, he's a fly-over-OR-through-you Karl Malone.

He's got time to work on a jump shot. What will prolong his career is working on a post game. I'm not saying that he gets preferential treatment from the officials or anything -- but he does -- but, since he does, it would also be in his favor to do his work from the post so he can pick and choose who draws the foul as opposed to it being potluck who meets him at the rim. Also, with his passing ability, he could become one of the more dominant passing posts since Walton.

He's got to overcome the superstar syndrome. The, I'm-launching-this-shot-from-here-'cause-I'm-a-superstar, hurts your team, not helps it, shot. When he looks for his own offense, there has to be an ultimate purpose. He can't simply think, "I haven't shot in a while. I guess I'd better." I guarantee you the Cavs would rather see LeBron drop 15 dimes a game than 15 points per game. As a fan, I would too... and he'd be that kind of threat passing out of the post. It's just a matter of changing his game to suit himself, and not his image. (high-flying, jump-shooting, etc...)

Pau Gasol was an All-Star Center before he came to L.A. He was also the Rookie of the Year. I ask, again, as I am sure I will many, many more times... Do you even WATCH basketball?

Geez.

Actually I heard that OKC will make a hard push for Bosh, that would be allsome...and Lebron isnt going to NY, I highly doubt it anyway

^ Truth. (I mean, except for the spelling...) The Thunder are looking very seriously at offering Bosh a max deal. He would be f'ing perfect for OKC, and he'd be as close as he can get to his hometown of Dallas. Also, since he's been in Canada, ANY American attention/love is going to be better than getting no love in the great white Nort. It's not like he needs to blow up in NYC or anything. He's an All-Star now, and a good defender on a team that's so bad defensively that we may be able to sign his *ss based on giving a sh*t.

Also, while it's on my mind, let's not acquiesce too much credit to Kobe for "learning to play as part of a team," etc... Fisher is a role player, designed to run the triangle and hit open jumpers. Kobe is Kobe. Odom is a passing "big man" whose primary role is to run the offense. Gasol is also a passing big man whose role is to score in the post, and control the boards. Bynum. Farmar. That whole team is there to play a role around Kobe. It just so happens that Odom, Gasol, and now, Artest, all happen to be all-star caliber talents. Bynum will be as well, if he can ever stay healthy long enough to develop some consistency.

Kobe went out and learned how to play in the post this past off season to benefit his game, not his team. It just so happens that it does both, given the Lakers injuries, but he did it for him. The longer he plays, the happier he is. Kobe loves to play. I can't take that from someone by hating. As long as LeBron loves to play, I'll feel the same way about him.

Also, except for the Lakers, the East is stronger than the West. The Lakers are the champs, no question, but the next three strongest teams are Eastern conference teams. (The Celtics, the Magic, and the Hawks... yeah, I said it. Bite me.) I think that any of those three could compete in the West...

This whole season looks like a five or six team race...

-- Boston, who is not as strong as they appear, drawing favor from a weak-as-sh*t division. However, they're not completely healthy, either, nor will they be anymore. Their core is just too old. K.G. is done, son. Finis, and you were a great one, man, but it's "go time."

-- Cleveland. Even with a healthy Shaq -- which is never happening again either. He and K.G. Farewell, ballers, but GO, yo! -- I'm not buying it. Unless they can find a way to get out and run occasionally, AND still manage to play Shaq and Z. together, they're f*cked. It won't happen. It can't. Their best lineups are the "stand around and watch LeBron" lineups, and that style isn't going to win a ring. Eventually, a good defensive team will exploit it.

-- Orlando. Even with Lewis out for the first 10, and Nelson out as well, they've come out of the gates pretty hot. I think that, barring injuries, and barring the eventual Vince Carter meltdown, they'll win the division, barely, over Atlanta, and that's that. But, can they win it all? Not with Dwight Howard, the 50% free throw shooter. They CAN with Dwight Howard, the 70% free three shooter, though. Won't happen this year. When do we close the book on Jameer Nelson? Also, Vince Carter is horrible, what were they thinking? I mean, Anderson almost made it worth it, but still...

-- Atlanta. I think that they're learning... they're kind of like the Thunder minus Durant. Just a young, talented ball club. The difference, even though I'm not a fan of his, is Mike Bibby. OKC doesn't have that been-there, done-that (I hate that phrase, but it applies) veteran player that can also still play! I mean, Josh Smith, Joe Johnson, and Al Horford all have star potential, and they're athletic at their other positions as well. They can run and defend, and those are two things that give teams fits in the playoffs. I think that this season they're an upset-type team, but next season, once they develop some more consistent post scoring from Horford, et al.. they'll be a do-some-damage type team.

-- Denver. I just think that, for as big as they play, players like K-Mart, Nene, and the Birdman... they're too under-sized to beat the Lakers. Aside from 'Melo and Billups, they're too inconsistent. I mean, I don't want a big game riding on a bucket from J.R. Smith, or Nene, do you? Also, even 'Melo is confusing me. He came out at the beginning of this season like gangbusters, defending the crap out of everybody. Then, just recently, he's slacked off again. Just when you think someone's "gotten it."

-- L.A. They're the champs. I think that, short-term, the Artest thing is 50/50, depending on how long his leash is, and that long-term, it hurts them, because Ariza will only improve and Artest will only decline. I also think that they're not taking this "replacement for Fisher" search seriously enough. That's going to be what hurts them this season in the playoffs. They can't get favorable matchups for Fisher forever. (Like last season... the Lakers didn't have to go up against a quick, waterbug-type point guard other than the Rockets, with Aaron Brooks, who stretched them further than anybody else did. It was Deron Williams, Brooks, Chauncey, and Nelson. Nobody "speedy," really, outside of Brooks. Anyway, that favored Fisher, and, therefore, L.A. But they can't keep him on the floor against any quick guards anymore, or really any offensive-minded point guards at all. He's reached liability stage.

That's my NBA $0.02.

the_ouskull

JLEW1818
12/16/2009, 12:52 AM
Wow, didn't realize this was his 9th season in the league. Looks like he has been hurt often. Funny how the media does not make a big deal about somebody until they are a winner..

Cept that bron guy.. Hehe

How bout tmac playing tonight?!3

Collier11
12/16/2009, 09:36 AM
With LeBron, as with all potentially great players, it will be a matter of whether or not he can adjust his game as his body begins to fail him. First of all, guys, he IS a physical freak. He's a legit 6'7", 6'8", and he weighs in the 270 pound range. Think of how ripped Karl Malone was. That's the same size, roughly. So, he's a fly-over-OR-through-you Karl Malone.

He's got time to work on a jump shot. What will prolong his career is working on a post game. I'm not saying that he gets preferential treatment from the officials or anything -- but he does -- but, since he does, it would also be in his favor to do his work from the post so he can pick and choose who draws the foul as opposed to it being potluck who meets him at the rim. Also, with his passing ability, he could become one of the more dominant passing posts since Walton.

He's got to overcome the superstar syndrome. The, I'm-launching-this-shot-from-here-'cause-I'm-a-superstar, hurts your team, not helps it, shot. When he looks for his own offense, there has to be an ultimate purpose. He can't simply think, "I haven't shot in a while. I guess I'd better." I guarantee you the Cavs would rather see LeBron drop 15 dimes a game than 15 points per game. As a fan, I would too... and he'd be that kind of threat passing out of the post. It's just a matter of changing his game to suit himself, and not his image. (high-flying, jump-shooting, etc...)

Pau Gasol was an All-Star Center before he came to L.A. He was also the Rookie of the Year. I ask, again, as I am sure I will many, many more times... Do you even WATCH basketball?

Geez.

^ Truth. (I mean, except for the spelling...) The Thunder are looking very seriously at offering Bosh a max deal. He would be f'ing perfect for OKC, and he'd be as close as he can get to his hometown of Dallas. Also, since he's been in Canada, ANY American attention/love is going to be better than getting no love in the great white Nort. It's not like he needs to blow up in NYC or anything. He's an All-Star now, and a good defender on a team that's so bad defensively that we may be able to sign his *ss based on giving a sh*t.

Also, while it's on my mind, let's not acquiesce too much credit to Kobe for "learning to play as part of a team," etc... Fisher is a role player, designed to run the triangle and hit open jumpers. Kobe is Kobe. Odom is a passing "big man" whose primary role is to run the offense. Gasol is also a passing big man whose role is to score in the post, and control the boards. Bynum. Farmar. That whole team is there to play a role around Kobe. It just so happens that Odom, Gasol, and now, Artest, all happen to be all-star caliber talents. Bynum will be as well, if he can ever stay healthy long enough to develop some consistency.

Kobe went out and learned how to play in the post this past off season to benefit his game, not his team. It just so happens that it does both, given the Lakers injuries, but he did it for him. The longer he plays, the happier he is. Kobe loves to play. I can't take that from someone by hating. As long as LeBron loves to play, I'll feel the same way about him.

Also, except for the Lakers, the East is stronger than the West. The Lakers are the champs, no question, but the next three strongest teams are Eastern conference teams. (The Celtics, the Magic, and the Hawks... yeah, I said it. Bite me.) I think that any of those three could compete in the West...

This whole season looks like a five or six team race...

-- Boston, who is not as strong as they appear, drawing favor from a weak-as-sh*t division. However, they're not completely healthy, either, nor will they be anymore. Their core is just too old. K.G. is done, son. Finis, and you were a great one, man, but it's "go time."

-- Cleveland. Even with a healthy Shaq -- which is never happening again either. He and K.G. Farewell, ballers, but GO, yo! -- I'm not buying it. Unless they can find a way to get out and run occasionally, AND still manage to play Shaq and Z. together, they're f*cked. It won't happen. It can't. Their best lineups are the "stand around and watch LeBron" lineups, and that style isn't going to win a ring. Eventually, a good defensive team will exploit it.

-- Orlando. Even with Lewis out for the first 10, and Nelson out as well, they've come out of the gates pretty hot. I think that, barring injuries, and barring the eventual Vince Carter meltdown, they'll win the division, barely, over Atlanta, and that's that. But, can they win it all? Not with Dwight Howard, the 50% free throw shooter. They CAN with Dwight Howard, the 70% free three shooter, though. Won't happen this year. When do we close the book on Jameer Nelson? Also, Vince Carter is horrible, what were they thinking? I mean, Anderson almost made it worth it, but still...

-- Atlanta. I think that they're learning... they're kind of like the Thunder minus Durant. Just a young, talented ball club. The difference, even though I'm not a fan of his, is Mike Bibby. OKC doesn't have that been-there, done-that (I hate that phrase, but it applies) veteran player that can also still play! I mean, Josh Smith, Joe Johnson, and Al Horford all have star potential, and they're athletic at their other positions as well. They can run and defend, and those are two things that give teams fits in the playoffs. I think that this season they're an upset-type team, but next season, once they develop some more consistent post scoring from Horford, et al.. they'll be a do-some-damage type team.

-- Denver. I just think that, for as big as they play, players like K-Mart, Nene, and the Birdman... they're too under-sized to beat the Lakers. Aside from 'Melo and Billups, they're too inconsistent. I mean, I don't want a big game riding on a bucket from J.R. Smith, or Nene, do you? Also, even 'Melo is confusing me. He came out at the beginning of this season like gangbusters, defending the crap out of everybody. Then, just recently, he's slacked off again. Just when you think someone's "gotten it."

-- L.A. They're the champs. I think that, short-term, the Artest thing is 50/50, depending on how long his leash is, and that long-term, it hurts them, because Ariza will only improve and Artest will only decline. I also think that they're not taking this "replacement for Fisher" search seriously enough. That's going to be what hurts them this season in the playoffs. They can't get favorable matchups for Fisher forever. (Like last season... the Lakers didn't have to go up against a quick, waterbug-type point guard other than the Rockets, with Aaron Brooks, who stretched them further than anybody else did. It was Deron Williams, Brooks, Chauncey, and Nelson. Nobody "speedy," really, outside of Brooks. Anyway, that favored Fisher, and, therefore, L.A. But they can't keep him on the floor against any quick guards anymore, or really any offensive-minded point guards at all. He's reached liability stage.

That's my NBA $0.02.

the_ouskull

I agree with everything you said in this post minus one point, Cleveland drafted Lebron to be THE guy, to carry them, and until he has a good player to go with him that is what they need him to do. If he is avg 14ppg and 15aspg they wont be very good, also I doubt he could avg 15 aspg because of the guys around him. Hell the guy is avg 28 and 8, doesnt get much better than that.

JLEW1818
12/16/2009, 10:50 AM
talking bout practice

the_ouskull
12/16/2009, 11:02 AM
I agree with everything you said in this post minus one point, Cleveland drafted Lebron to be THE guy, to carry them, and until he has a good player to go with him that is what they need him to do. If he is avg 14ppg and 15aspg they wont be very good, also I doubt he could avg 15 aspg because of the guys around him. Hell the guy is avg 28 and 8, doesnt get much better than that.

Either way, it'd be 44 points produced, so that's a wash... but I see what you're saying, and happen to agree, in regards to his averaging 15 dimes a game. Getting 15 in a game? No problem. Averaging 15? Eh...

As for T-Mac playing tonight, the more the better. I need other teams to see him looking good so that we can (finally) trade his *ss.

the_ouskull

JLEW1818
12/16/2009, 11:20 AM
yah, just waiting till summer

if we make the playoffs with this roster, i consider it an accomplishment.

not very likely we give up Yao... he brings in so much bank in for Les Alexander.

But when does the time come?? the Tmac-Yao experiment has not worked. A ring will not come.... why not try something different?

Collier11
12/16/2009, 11:30 AM
Its too bad those guys couldnt stay healthy, I think it couldve worked at some point but I guess we will never know

the_ouskull
12/16/2009, 03:58 PM
yah, just waiting till summer

if we make the playoffs with this roster, i consider it an accomplishment.

not very likely we give up Yao... he brings in so much bank in for Les Alexander.

But when does the time come?? the Tmac-Yao experiment has not worked. A ring will not come.... why not try something different?

Yao's the player you keep. He's the one that still has a chance. I think, an equal chance, every season, of staying healthy. I think he's about 60-70% to stay healthy, every year. I think that, with the ad revenue he brings in, and the positive attitude he brings to the team, HE is the player you keep. T-Mac can go and try to re-invent himself somewhere else; or not, which is more likely. He's going to try to be T-Mac, and I don't think he's capable of being, or becoming, that player anymore.

I think he's an interchangeable NBA-esque wing player, with a little more head game, and a little less defense. He is NOT a max player, and he will never be one again. Yao's healthy seasons are all-star seasons. T-Mac's healthy seasons are comeback seasons.

Give me Yao, man. Fo' reals.

the_ouskull

JLEW1818
12/16/2009, 04:06 PM
yup, we will still have some cash to get somebody this summer, once we dump tmac .... wonder who?

Some people don't like a scoring point guard like Brooks... i don't have a problem with him

Battier might be overpaid, but he is a leader.....

2010 Rockets

PG: Brooks
SG: ????
SF: Ariza
PF: Scola
.C: Yao

we need SG that can create for himself....

here is list of the free agents

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=FreeAgents-09-10

Joe Johnson is a real possibility

Dwade is probably a 5% chance

Lebron is probably a 1% chance

thoughts??

Hella Sideburns
12/16/2009, 05:26 PM
joe johnson would be perfect for the rockets roster

the_ouskull
12/16/2009, 06:05 PM
Joe Johnson doesn't leave Atlanta for the Rockets. Not happening. He's also perfect for the Hawks roster, and they're younger and more prone to playing an up-and-down game, the game in which Johnson truly thrives. He'd be a great player for the Rockets, sure, but that doesn't make him a Rocket. He'd be a great player for the freakin' T-Wolves...

As for 2-guards, I'd see us making a legit run at Kelenna Azubuike, Michael Redd (who may be past his prime already), and Mike Miller, who can't guard 2's, or 3's...

If we could land Azubuike or Redd, it'd help stretch the defense for Yao that much more, helping him maneuver without as much traffic, reducing the odds of his being injured from 60-70% to 59-69%.

I'd also like to see us make runs at Craig Smith, Chris Bosh, Brendan Haywood, Steve Blake, Matt Barnes, David Lee, and Chris Douglas-Roberts, but I don't think all of those moves would happen. But, adding a couple of players like that to the core of Brooks, Battier, Ariza, Scola, and when healthy, Yao, would go a long way towards carving out a nice little niche in the West. They're young, too, with Scola, Battier, and Yao being the oldest of that core group.

the_ouskull

JLEW1818
12/16/2009, 06:25 PM
I would do a lot of gay things for Bosh

the_ouskull
12/16/2009, 10:25 PM
I would do a lot of gay things for Bosh

So would OKC, and I hate to say it, but I think they're a better fit for Bosh. Sadly, he's coming here from Canada, so OKC isn't too big a deal for him; but Houston would be a better fit for Bosh, "The Brand Name." I don't care where he goes, but OKC and Houston make the most sense as far as we know.

the_ouskull

JLEW1818
12/16/2009, 10:32 PM
I'd think Dallas over Houston and OKC ..... ???

idk if Dirk and Bosh would be a good mix?

but Dirk claims he is willing to take a pay cut for an Elite free agent

the_ouskull
12/17/2009, 10:57 AM
http://blogs.chron.com/sportsjustice/archives/2009/12/ok_daryl_morey.html

More on the Rockets situation with McGrady.

the_ouskull

Collier11
12/17/2009, 11:00 AM
BTW, just like to point out that so far thru 4 games, AI is playing within himself and actually helping the 76ers play better although they are still 1-3 with him

JLEW1818
12/17/2009, 01:26 PM
talking bout practice

Eielson
12/17/2009, 04:08 PM
BTW, just like to point out that so far thru 4 games, AI is playing within himself and actually helping the 76ers play better although they are still 1-3 with him

Not helping too much it seems.

Collier11
12/17/2009, 04:22 PM
well they hung with Cleveland til the bitter end the other night and have been competitive in all the games, this for a team that had lost 12 or 13 in a row I believe

JLEW1818
12/17/2009, 04:44 PM
we sitting here... i suppose to be franchise player... we in here talking about practice

how the hell can i make my teammates better by practice