PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Oprah...

StoopTroup
12/13/2009, 10:43 PM
What a nicey nice little interview.

I really thought you might ask why things aren't moving along on PBHO's To-Do-List...but I guess you couldn't fit that in between the "Who picks up the dirty clothes?" and the "What do you miss the most?" questions.

Nice shot of the Basketball Goal on the tennis court.

And it's good to know Santa isn't gonna leave Coal in Sasha and Malia's Stockings.

http://i.l.cnn.net/cnn/2009/LIVING/homestyle/03/30/helle.obama.oprah/art.michelle.obama.oprah.o.jpg

Curly Bill
12/13/2009, 10:48 PM
And it's good to know Santa isn't gonna leave Coal in Sasha and Malia's Stockings.

http://i.l.cnn.net/cnn/2009/LIVING/homestyle/03/30/helle.obama.oprah/art.michelle.obama.oprah.o.jpg

I didn't know that Muslims believed in Christmas...:confused:

StoopTroup
12/13/2009, 10:54 PM
Not only that...Santa has Elves dressed in suits and they are packin serious heat.

badger
12/13/2009, 11:31 PM
I am going to not go along with the sarcastic nature of this thread and be Debbie Downer with the truth: The only reason she got to do a White House interview was cuz she's the type to ask if the kiddos are getting coal and get money shots of the basketball court.

:D

Sooner Eclipse
12/14/2009, 12:17 AM
I am going to not go along with the sarcastic nature of this thread and be Debbie Downer with the truth: The only reason she got to do a White House interview was cuz she's the type to ask if the kiddos are getting coal and get money shots of the basketball court.

:D

Barry has decreed that going forward, the EPA will fine Santa 40K for each lump of coal left in a non EPA approved, CO2 absorbing stocking. And each child that receives such a gift will be administered 10 lashings by DA Eric (Hitman) Holder.

PDXsooner
12/14/2009, 12:27 AM
oprah isn't a political reporter. her job is to inquire about the human side of people.

proud gonzo
12/14/2009, 01:34 AM
oprah isn't a political reporter. her job is to inquire about the human side of people.
exactly. This thread is like when Tucker Carlson complained that Jon Stewart wasn't asking tough enough questions. :rolleyes:

soonerhubs
12/14/2009, 07:07 AM
Unless it's someone she disagrees with politically. Then there is no limit to the scrutiny.

exactly. This thread is like when Tucker Carlson complained that Jon Stewart wasn't asking tough enough questions. :rolleyes:

See I don't buy Stewart's cop out here. As many tough questions that he asks folks makes him a journalist by default. If he or Oprah prefer not being called hypocrites then they should treat every story sans the bias, and they don't. Playing the "talk show host" or "comedian" card is pure bull****, especially when so many folks (albeit they're usually mindless lemmings) hang on their every word.

I did however see the neti pot episode of Oprah, and I love what it's done for my allergies.

soonerhubs
12/14/2009, 08:27 AM
Then again, to be fair, has anyone expected rational unbiased commentary from Oprah ever? The minute I saw that she was doing some Prime Time special on the White House, by default, I knew it was nothing but a PR piece.

StoopTroup
12/14/2009, 10:09 AM
Again....that's why I thanked her.

It was so refreshing to know that people are still hurting out there and that Santa was coming to the White House.

Mjcpr
12/14/2009, 10:15 AM
I think the show was called Christmas at the White House....I expected it to be a show about the White House at, you know, Christmas time not a grand jury inquisition.

Viking Kitten
12/14/2009, 10:27 AM
Nobody expects the grand jury inquisition.

StoopTroup
12/14/2009, 10:30 AM
Did any of you actually watch it?

SicEmBaylor
12/14/2009, 10:33 AM

I was scared if I watched both of them on a stage I'd forget when I'm at and start bidding.

olevetonahill
12/14/2009, 10:36 AM

Ive never watched OOprah before , Why start now ?

Mjcpr
12/14/2009, 10:45 AM
Nobody expects the grand jury inquisition.

I think some did.

I watched it, yes....but I watched it to get a sneak peak at the inside of the White House.

Viking Kitten
12/14/2009, 10:53 AM
I think some did.

I watched it, yes....but I watched it to get a sneak peak at the inside of the White House.

Sorry... I wasted my youth watching too much Monty Python. :)

StoopTroup
12/14/2009, 10:55 AM
I think some did.

Same here. It was kind of surreal when he didn't just walk right up to the window. Anyone get a feeling he's been told not to hang around windows? I can't imagine anything happening with the security they have and the fact that the windows are secure...but it did seem he wasn't going to walk up to the window with Oprah for a better look outside. Maybe it was just to much light coming in and the cameras couldn't record the conversation without them stepping back.

Just seemed odd.

olevetonahill
12/14/2009, 11:03 AM
Same here. It was kind of surreal when he didn't just walk right up to the window. Anyone get a feeling he's been told not to hang around windows? I can't imagine anything happening with the security they have and the fact that the windows are secure...but it did seem he wasn't going to walk up to the window with Oprah for a better look outside. Maybe it was just to much light coming in and the cameras couldn't record the conversation without them stepping back.

Just seemed odd.

It was prolly all OOprhas doin . She was afraid Her reflection in da window would make her *** look fat .:eek:

olevetonahill
12/14/2009, 11:07 AM
Did they Sing Christmas Songs ? Ya know like
"Im dreaming of a White Christmas " ?

StoopTroup
12/14/2009, 11:11 AM
It was prolly all OOprhas doin . She was afraid Her reflection in da window would make her *** look fat .:eek:

She looked really bad. Her left eye looked like Stedman must have given her a good whack the night before.

And no...I don't remember any singing...

olevetonahill
12/14/2009, 11:16 AM
She looked really bad. Her left eye looked like Stedman must have given her a good whack the night before.

And no...I don't remember any singing...

Racist Bastages :mad:

Okla-homey
12/14/2009, 11:21 AM
Meanwhile, The One's approval numbers continue to tank.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

2010 can't get here fast enough.

StoopTroup
12/14/2009, 11:23 AM
He's not worried.

He told Oprah why.

It's no big deal.

TopDawg
12/14/2009, 03:39 PM
Yeah, she was all nicey-nice to Obama but really ripped into Palin during their interview.

Oh, wait.