PDA

View Full Version : Be careful going to Old Navy!

Hot Rod
12/13/2009, 05:28 PM
http://www.news9.com/Global/story.asp?S=11667774

OKLAHOMA CITY -- Three women accused of assaulting an employee at a metro Old Navy while attempting to shoplift from the story have been arrested.

Janelle Thomas, 19, Danielle Thomas, 21, and Tanisha McCoy, 22, were arrested for brutally beating an Old Navy employee Friday.

On Friday, an Old Navy employee spotted three women shoplifting in the store. When she confronted the women, they dropped their merchandise, shoved the employee and ran out of the store.

Another employee followed them out to get their car tag number, but once outside the suspects starting kicking and hitting her.

"The employees did nothing wrong. They believed something was out of the ordinary and went to investigate and were basically just attacked by these girls," said Oklahoma City Police Sgt. Jennifer Wardlow.

As a result of the attack on their employee, an Old Navy spokesperson said they have increased security in their store and will continue to do so even with the arrests of the three suspects.

All three women are now facing felony counts after they were arrested for assault and battery with a dangerous weapon.

Janelle and Danielle Thomas have recently pleaded guilty to shoplifting in September of 2008.

StoopTroup
12/13/2009, 05:37 PM
Sounds like it's safe now.

King Barry's Back
12/13/2009, 08:47 PM
Oklahoma -- what a great place. Some girls shoplift in the store, and TWO employees chase them down to the point that the employees get assaulted.

In Washington, store staff will stand there and watch customers steal and won't say a word. Part of it I guess is fear, but the biggest part is laziness and lack of concern for others.

AggieTool
12/13/2009, 08:49 PM
"Tanisha":D

the_ouskull
12/13/2009, 08:56 PM
Be careful trying to rob Old Navy, you mean?

I think it's only fair. They rob us. "Vintage" is a nice way of saying "old," Old Navy. Now suck my "vintage" hairy beanbag if you think I'm paying that for a coat.

the_ouskull

Frozen Sooner
12/13/2009, 09:02 PM
Oklahoma -- what a great place. Some girls shoplift in the store, and TWO employees chase them down to the point that the employees get assaulted.

In Washington, store staff will stand there and watch customers steal and won't say a word. Part of it I guess is fear, but the biggest part is being under instructions from store management not to do that **** because you run the risk of getting your *** beaten or worse.

Fixed.

Every single place I've ever worked where there was a chance of theft or robbery had as a written-in-stone policy to NEVER pursue a thief or robber.

Fraggle145
12/13/2009, 09:12 PM
Fixed.

Every single place I've ever worked where there was a chance of theft or robbery had as a written-in-stone policy to NEVER pursue a thief or robber.

Old Navy does too. I used to work there. A similar incident happened while I was working there. The manager didnt even pursue the shoplifter, but she just left the store to observe where the shoplifter was in the parking lot. She got fired. I guarantee you both employees just got fired.

picasso
12/13/2009, 09:12 PM
They'll club ya over the head and you'll wake up at sea.

sooneron
12/14/2009, 10:04 AM
I predict a drive by in the very near future at that store.

Hot Rod
12/15/2009, 08:05 AM
Follow up:

Six Arrested in Alleged Shoplifting Ring
Posted: Dec 14, 2009 4:44 PM CST Updated: Dec 14, 2009 4:44 PM CST

News9.com

OKLAHOMA CITY -- Police arrested six people accused of trying to steal thousands of dollars worth of merchandise from the Target store at Pennsylvania Avenue and Memorial Road Thursday evening. They believe the suspects are part of an alleged shoplifting ring in the metro.

The suspects spotted police, armed themselves with baseball bats and ran back inside the store.

Police gave chase and eventually arrested all six. Officers say they're lucky no one was injured.

"That's certainly something that's very important to us when you're talking about a foot chase and a confrontation like this in a very crowded store just weeks before Christmas," said Oklahoma City Police MSgt. Gary Knight.

The same six are also accused of shoplifting several hundred dollars of merchandise from a southwest Oklahoma City Target earlier in the day.

Two of the suspects are also accused of beating up an Old Navy manager on Wednesday. The manager caught Janelle and Danielle Thomas, and Tanisha McCoy trying to steal items from the store at I-240 and Pennsylvania Avenue.

Janelle Thomas, Danielle Thomas and Tanisha McCoy are facing felony assault charges. The other three arrested for allegedly shoplifting from Target are facing armed robbery and larceny charges.

olevetonahill
12/15/2009, 08:07 AM
Didja Read yer peem from me ?
:cool: