PDA

View Full Version : Houston Chronicle Texas Top 100....

owenfieldreams
12/13/2009, 11:23 AM
published today. This starts a weekly feature culminating with signing day. Currently, OU has 10 commitments and is listed as being considered by 3 others.

Our list is heavy in the trenches with 6 listed as either offensive or defensive lineman. One athlete (Joe Powell), 2 DB's (Loften & Haynes), and 1 LB (Favors).

The 3 uncommitted we're listed with are White, Jeffcoat, & Seastrunk. To put our list in perspective, OSU has 8 commitments from the list, including 4 LB's. Texas has 16 & T A&M has 10. TT has 2 & Baylor 1 to round out the Big 12 South.

The North has a combined 8 with KU leading the way (4).

The Pac-10 has 6 commitments & the SEC has 7. Interestingly Darius White is shown as only considring OU & UT. It should be noted that these newspaper lists are notoriously behind the latest recruiting news.

IronHorseSooner
12/13/2009, 02:06 PM
I would guess the OL would be Shead, Thompson, and Woods; and the DL would be Noble, Peterson, and Ndulue. Williams came on late, but could end up being a steal.

Powell could be a DB or a WR. I would bet WR, as we need more help there, and we have a bunch of young DBs. Loften is a hammer, and is a lot like Q. Carter. Haynes is a burner, ala Perk. Favors looks like he wants to decapitate somebody. The guy who I'm shocked isn't on there is Franklin.

I doubt we get Jeffcoat (SUC likely), and I REALLY doubt we get Seastrunk (Auburn). IMHO, I bet White ends up with us or OSU. Something just tells that he's not going to become a Whorn.

owenfieldreams
12/13/2009, 02:29 PM
I bet Franklin made the DMN Top 100. The two lists are usually very close but there will be differences, particularly with kids from the two regions being favored by one paper over the other.