PDA

View Full Version : Waiting....

okienole3
12/12/2009, 10:28 PM
for the 04 recap and analysis. :texan:

Overtime
12/12/2009, 10:44 PM
That answers my question then. I am not the only one =0 This makes 5 check-backs I think. Now it's time for bed. Didn't actually *watch* this game as I was busy playing tennis on the last nice day of the year (maybe). Reading 04's threads is the next best thing really (sometimes better).

tommieharris91
12/12/2009, 10:47 PM
He probably went to the game. The man LOVES his OU basketball.

badger
12/13/2009, 10:43 AM
I wish I could blow that kind of money and time to see OU basketball... :(

soonervegas
12/13/2009, 08:20 PM
was a great movie.

Sooner04
12/13/2009, 09:39 PM
04 bowled in a couple of tournaments this weekend in Tulsa and the Saturday afternoon establishement did not have Versus.

04 feverishly updated his phone browser until he saw a final score.

04 made an *** out of himself celebrating in the bowling establishment that did not have Versus when he saw said final score.

04 returned home today to find out his DVR failed to record the game.

04 is quite pissed.

The end.

StoopTroup
12/13/2009, 10:26 PM
for the 04 recap and analysis. :texan:

Bad news.

badger
12/13/2009, 10:46 PM
OK, here is the badger recap...

Versus HD has a very clear picture, but does not have competent cameramen at all times like some other major networks. However, the commentary wasn't east-coast biased for once, cuz let's face it, Versus Network doesn't need to broadcast east coast schools - ESPN does it for them 24/7 as-is.

NP and I grew increasingly frustrated with one Willie Warren. If he isn't bonking a free throw, he's tossing up crappy shots.

Crocker did not have the senioritis that he's had most of the season in this game. I will stop demanding that our chick seniors act more like Crock Pot till further notice.

Tiny looked awesome out there (I have not checked the box score), but he fouled out on some BS foul calls. Ironically, it was Utah that was booing the refs outta the building.

I did not see overtime, but if their big mouth breather (Number 51) didn't foul out, I call foul play!

Their d00shbag shister (not filtered? all RIGHT!) who tripped Blake last year played very well... much better than I hoped he would play. He kept them in the game when it seemed like the refs were calling a lot of ticky tack against the Utes.

Utah cheerleaders need to burn their free throw distraction signs. "Left!" "AHH!" and "MISS" are sooo incredibly lame and did nothing to distract our shooters. WW can miss on his own just fine, thank ye very much.

I am very impressed with Mason-Griffin. That's all... not really much I can say, cuz I don't know his stats, but he seemed to run our offense well.

Orlando reminds me of Shaq running up the court. Lulz.

Capel confuses offenses more than Mike Stoops used to for our football team... and i LOVE it. Forced Utah to call timeout a few times because of utterly DUMBfounded Utah.

For those of you that saw that we didn't go into overtime but wondering how the eff that happened, here's how it went down.

1- Mouth breather, WITH FOUR FOULS, is blocking everything we try to bring to the paint... no foul calls.

2- Tiny fouls out doing the same sh!t that mouth breather is.

3- Down by 3, mouth breather hits an easy layup with 18 (or less, sorry my memory ain't great) seconds to go. FOUL!

4- Bonked the first one. Ahhh, shiiiiii...

5- Made the second, to make it a two point game.

6- Utah hits a jumper to end regulation. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...

I was so disgusted (and NP was too) that we went to a friends house. He played some crazy arse board game based on Battlestar Galactica (there's like 2,000 game pieces and even more rules) while I watched the first Twilight movie. Yes, THAT is how disgusted we were at how regulation ended. THAT disgusted. Twilight is the worst movie I've seen in years. Gawwwwwwwwww... so lame. NP now has a new least-fav boardgame too, I think. :mad:

Anyway, this is what happens when DVRs fail, people - you get sheetacular recaps from the baj. So let's all pray for less power outages and cable failures so that I stick to wimmens basketball... and D@MMIT, SOONERS! NO MORE GIVING UP LEADS TO HEAD TO OVERTIME! :mad::mad::mad:

Boomer anyways. Win iz win. :)

kc sooner
12/13/2009, 11:38 PM
I saw the OT and that dude didn't foul out, if he did it might've been the end, but WW hit a HUGE 3 when we were down by 2 with about 2 min. left. They started off up 4-0 in OT and we kind of dominated after that. And I think WW is hard to stop when he wants to be, he can take some bad shots, but I sometimes don't mind because it keeps him aggressive. TMG is a STUD! This guy is gonna be really good I think, he might be our Sherron Collins, Gallon looks like he can be really good also, Crocker is always hustling and he can rebound, he just will have games where he doesn't score. And after the pathetic defense in the first half, the guys were great the rest of the game. I was soooo mad at halftime, 42 points to Utah??? But the 2nd half and OT our D was very good, hopefully they can continue that!!

okienole3
12/14/2009, 06:10 AM
I thought Crocker was non-existent in the game until I saw his line.

12 points, 10 boards, 1 assist and 0 turnovers.

OUSKINS
12/14/2009, 09:13 AM
Random thoughts from the win in Utah:

--Team was ready to play early. Possibly the best we've been right out of the gate all year. We were running, playing some tough D, and we were very crisp.

--Give credit to Utah for coming right back. Their size inside was giving us problems and they started running a little pick and roll that was giving us fits. Once we bogged down the lane a bit, they started launching three's--- and for awhile there in the first half they couldn't miss.

--Despite a good start, we found ourselves down by 11 with a couple minutes to go in the half. I thought this is where we "saved" the game. We finished the half on a mini 5-0 run to cut it to 6. The game sort of hung in the balance there and we didn't let it get away from us.

--We started the second half much like we started the first. Shaved the lead down quickly and turned the tables on them. They started missing three's and we took advantage.

--Tiny had about as an impactful 10 minutes of playing time as you'll ever see. He was saddled with foul trouble all game and we just couldn't keep him on the floor. When he was in, he was great. When he was out, we got beat pretty badly inside. I thought Ryan Wright did a pretty admirable job battling and boxing people out, but we really couldn't stop their big men from scoring down low and we were giving up some offensive rebounds as well. We took a lead, but they pounded the ball inside comeback.

--TMG was awesome in this game for the first 38 minutes. He was distributing the ball, playing good D, and he hit some HUGE shots for us consistently throughout the game. Over the final two minutes, he struggled. Had a couple of really bad turnovers and he missed a FT that would have put us up by three. That left the door open for Utah and they tied the game with under ten seconds left. He also struggled at the very beginnning of overtime, but he settled back down and made some plays down the stretch, including a great strip and steal that sealed the game. His best game as a Sooner by far.

--Cade would be more valuable to this team if he'd stop shooting so much. He has turned himself into a great defender, garbag-man type that gets in there and does a bunch of the little things quite well. He crashed the glass near the end of game and snatched a huge rebound. But he's just launching too often. I actually think he has a nice first step and seems to do pretty well putting the ball on the floor-- teams close out on him hard when he's open, so I'd like to see him drive the ball and get to the line-- he's capable. Say this for him---guy has stones. He took it right at Utah's 7'3 center and tried to punch it on him--- it didn't work, but I liked the effort. Am I saying the white kid from small town Oklahoma needs to stop shooting and start driving? Yep.

--Crocker was a non-factor. This is better than his past pattern of following good stretches with dreadful ones. He wasn't bad on Saturday, just kind of "there." If that is an example of what his "bad" games will be like, I can live with that.

--The story was Willie....IMO, this was his best game as a Sooner....it wasn't his most efficient game or his highest point total, but he showed great leadership and a knack for recognizing the moment. His shot was off pretty much all game, but he came up huge when we needed him most.....Utah had all the momentum going into overtime and they quickly took a 4 point lead. Honestly, I thought we were done-- out of gas. But Willie drove the lane, got us within two, and then canned a monster three the next trip down the floor to put us up by 1. We never trailed again. That little stanza was all I needed to see from Willie. He still has lots to improve on in terms of his NBA potential, but one thing the NBA scouts must be drooling over is his ability to drive the ball and get to the line. Not many guys in college do that consistently. He was having trouble with his shot, so he put his head down and took it to the hoop....all day. He took a bunch of shots and was on the floor a ton, but he kept bouncing back. He stuck with the strategy and it worked. I loved his mentality on Saturday.

--Great win---we've erased the bas taste from Alaska--great job by Capel of getting the team back on track. Northen C

NormanPride
12/14/2009, 11:10 AM
I'd have to say the most encouraging thing I saw was Willie recovering after showing some really REALLY bad body language early. He was pouting and complaining, but then he started getting things going and it all went away. Hopefully that taught him something. If shots aren't falling, it's time to get to work. I would have liked to see him hustle back on D a couple times... he would miss a shot and pout halfway down the court as the guy who go the rebound hit a layup or something.

Cade needs to look at how Bruce Bowen played for the Spurs. That's who he needs to be. He's shooting freethrows about as well, also... :mad:

Salt City Sooner
12/14/2009, 11:59 AM
I'd have to say the most encouraging thing I saw was Willie recovering after showing some really REALLY bad body language early. He was pouting and complaining, but then he started getting things going and it all went away. Hopefully that taught him something. If shots aren't falling, it's time to get to work. I would have liked to see him hustle back on D a couple times... he would miss a shot and pout halfway down the court as the guy who go the rebound hit a layup or something.

Cade needs to look at how Bruce Bowen played for the Spurs. That's who he needs to be. He's shooting freethrows about as well, also... :mad:
Uh, Cade's the #1 free throw shooter on the team (among those who actually see good playing time) & it's not really close. Not sure what there is to be mad about on that one. Dude's 21 for 23 on the year.

NormanPride
12/14/2009, 12:23 PM
It just seems like he's bricking the ones we need most. It's odd. Every time I see him shoot one, he misses. I need to stop watching.

badger
12/14/2009, 01:21 PM
I am looking at the box score and it's like it's from a different game.

It seemed like WW was bonking free throws... in actuality, he was bonking regular shots. He shot 11 for 12 from the line, but only 7 for 22 from the field (2 for 4 on threes).

It seemed like Crock was not having a good night... in actually, he led the team in rebounds (10) and also had 12 points to finish with a double-double.

So weird. Here's a link to the box score via SS.com. (http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-baskbl/stats/2009-2010/ou-ut.html)

stoopified
12/15/2009, 04:31 PM
Am the only one who screamed NNNNNNOOOOOOOOO! At the top of his lungs when WW jacked that 27 footer up?In fairness Warren was shooting decent in the second half but still not a good shot.If memory serves WW was 0-10 or 1-10 in the first half and 6 or 7 of 12 in the second.

The good news is we have about 6 3pt shooters,bad news is WW and Davis are struggling.TMG,Crock,Pledger and now Tiny all have the range.I know it won't happen but if we COULD get them all IN THE ZONE we would be tough.

The biggest negative I saw in the game is inside play.Tiny is doing very well and Wright is playing adequately as Tiny's backup BUT we need at least one other BIG to step up and at least give us Taylor numbers-6 ppg and 6rpg.If we don't get untracked with our bigs the Big 12 could be brutal.I don't think Crock ( a natural 3) can survive playing the 4 in conference.