PDA

View Full Version : Sam Bradford must be shaking his head over what could have been!

cortezsooner
12/12/2009, 05:13 AM
Looking at one of the most ordinary seasons ever as far as individual players...it's like NO ONE really has stepped forward and just took the Heisman this year. Whoever wins it, it'll almost have the feel of: "Well, they had to give it to somebody...."

Don't get me wrong, there are some good players out there, just nobody that really stood out all year.....Which is a bit strange, because there's usually always a couple.

I think without the injury, and with a year anywhere close to last year, Sam would have won his second in an absolute landslide......

I guess the only good news is that Pony Boy ain't getting it either!

Monster Zero
12/12/2009, 10:11 AM
Looking at one of the most ordinary seasons ever as far as individual players...it's like NO ONE really has stepped forward and just took the Heisman this year. Whoever wins it, it'll almost have the feel of: "Well, they had to give it to somebody...."

Don't get me wrong, there are some good players out there, just nobody that really stood out all year.....Which is a bit strange, because there's usually always a couple.

I think without the injury, and with a year anywhere close to last year, Sam would have won his second in an absolute landslide......

I guess the only good news is that Pony Boy ain't getting it either!

There's an interview with Sam thread posted around here somewhere. Sam is a good Christian young man who understands that God uses everything for good.

Also Sam doesn't wear it on his sleeve the way some guys do... The good news this year is that it ain't going to a guy who does. *coughcough notmentioninganynames coughcough*

StoopTroup
12/12/2009, 11:08 AM
Winning things Back to Back at this level is a very hard thing to do.

I've always gotten the feeling that Sam isn't a guy that looked back at the "What could have beens". He seems more like the kind of guy who is excited about what is down the road.

Maybe he might have felt that way a little...but I'm betting all the folks who surround him (His Dad, Bob, Josh...etc) advised him to look forward.

sooneredaco
12/12/2009, 11:24 AM
I suppose it's possible that he could have gone back to back, but with an inexperienced o-line, & very green recievers it would have been tough to do.

MyT Oklahoma
12/12/2009, 04:18 PM
I suppose it's possible that he could have gone back to back, but with an inexperienced o-line, & very green recievers it would have been tough to do.

^^ This. Sam gave us his best always and will be fondly remembered. Glad he chose to be a Sooner.

Does anyone know when his statute will be added to OU's Heisman park?

StoopTroup
12/12/2009, 05:27 PM

See....

This is where many of you fail to look at things in their proper perspective.

You are judging things with the knowledge of what transpired this season instead of with the Crimson Glasses we were all wearing prior to the Season.

Had there been no injuries this Season....it's possible that OU would be playing Bama next month and not only could Sam have gone back to back with Heisman's...he could be again playing for the BCS Title.

The 16-13 game we played against the Whorns with the Team we had in October has always had me looking backwards at what we would have done to not only them with Gresham and Sam healthy but with everyone on the schedule prior to that game.

Lincoln and Lubbock would have been a different games too.

All that o-line BS might not have been as big a talking point in my mind.

But...that's not what happened. I'm proud of our guys for how they came Home to Norman and sent aggie packing on Senior Day.

okiewaker
12/12/2009, 05:45 PM
I'm not much for "what could have been". I mean, "I could have become a doctor", but..............

tulsaoilerfan
12/13/2009, 12:52 AM
IMO this was one of the weakest Heisman fields i have ever seen

Leroy Lizard
12/13/2009, 01:46 AM
As proof, McCoy finished higher this year in a season where his production was way down.

soonersam
12/13/2009, 11:46 AM
I could have been killed playing as the Detroit Lions QB.... Thats what might of been!

sooneredaco
12/13/2009, 11:49 AM
IMO this was one of the weakest Heisman fields i have ever seen

I agree. And what's so great is that as weak of a class as it was, pony boy still lost. Can't wait to see him get trampled by Bama

picasso
12/13/2009, 11:50 AM

He played less than 2 complete games this year with said crappy o-line and his numbers were more than good.

StoopTroup
12/13/2009, 12:29 PM
Suh should have gone to OU IMO. :D