PDA

View Full Version : Stanford out a head coach?

ndpruitt03
12/12/2009, 02:20 AM
Harbaugh may be Lawrence, KS bound.

No Luck
12/12/2009, 02:27 AM
Don't count on it.

ndpruitt03
12/12/2009, 02:32 AM
Apparently it's a done deal. 2.7 mil a year.

olevetonahill
12/12/2009, 02:38 AM
Apparently NOT.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-kansas-coach&prov=ap&type=lgns

Athletic director Lew Perkins says he has not offered the vacant Kansas coaching job amid reports that the school is negotiating with Stanford coach Jim Harbaugh.

Perkins has been interviewing candidates to replace Mark Mangino, who resigned under pressure after an investigation into his treatment of players. Perkins is known to have talked to Buffalo coach Turner Gill and Mississippi coach Houston Nutt

ndpruitt03
12/12/2009, 02:40 AM
Yeah but there's been those type of denials before an offer has been made and accepted. There's several reports out saying different stuff.

Seattle P-I:
http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattlesports/archives/188033.asp?from=blog_last3

USA Today:
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2009/12/harbaugh-c...

AD Denial
http://www.kctv5.com/sports/21938929/detail.html

Radio/TV blog:
http://www.wibw.com/blogs/topdawg/79093412.html

olevetonahill
12/12/2009, 02:42 AM
Ya and I dont understand the Spreadin rumor shat either
Who cares
wait till they announce then go for it :rolleyes:

sooner59
12/12/2009, 02:53 AM
Face it. Until an official announcement is made for anything, everybody is wrong. So no matter who said what on whichever side, its like pissing into the wind.....you can go for it, but you will probably end up pissed on and pissed off when its all over.

olevetonahill
12/12/2009, 03:14 AM
YUp
Just look at all the Bob to ND threads that were started :rolleyes:

Crucifax Autumn
12/12/2009, 03:16 AM
If it's on the internet it's TRUE dammit!

Okie35
12/12/2009, 04:19 AM
Its out of Harbaugh and Skip Holtz. I really think Harbaugh will go though.

AlbqSooner
12/12/2009, 07:01 AM
YUp
Just look at all the Bob to ND threads that were started :rolleyes:

Yep, those were ridiculous. What really disappointed me though was when Stoops left to return to Florida as head coach.

Breadburner
12/12/2009, 07:52 AM
Big mistake by Harbaugh.....

sitzpinkler
12/12/2009, 08:14 AM
I dont understand the Spreadin rumor shat either

O RLY?

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134755&page=26

;)

Harry Beanbag
12/12/2009, 09:33 AM
Why on earth would Harbaugh go to KU? Makes no sense. He'll have the Michigan job next year.

ndpruitt03
12/12/2009, 09:47 AM
Why on earth would Harbaugh go to KU? Makes no sense. He'll have the Michigan job next year.

I don't get it that much either. The only thing I can get is that cost of living is much cheaper in the middle of the US than in California. But millions of dollars is still millions of dollars. But Stanford seems like the better job to me.

caleou1
12/12/2009, 09:49 AM
Ya and I dont understand the Spreadin rumor shat either
Who cares
wait till they announce then go for it :rolleyes:

I say gossip away..let the rummors fly!:pop:

ndpruitt03
12/12/2009, 09:58 AM
You don't read message boards for facts. That would be pretty damn boring and pointless. If you want actual facts then go to your trusted news service. At least they usually think they are publishing facts.

Monster Zero
12/12/2009, 10:00 AM
Big mistake by Harbaugh.....

Yep. Kansas would be a step down for him. This has gotta be just a rumor just like the other ones.

Turner Gill I would be more inclined to believe.

delhalew
12/12/2009, 10:30 AM
You don't read message boards for facts. That would be pretty damn boring and pointless. If you want actual facts then go to your trusted news service. At least they usually think they are publishing facts.

Actually, around here we appreciate facts. We like to converse about real events relating to sports and especially our Sooners. Hair-brained rumors are not so appreciated.

ndpruitt03
12/12/2009, 10:36 AM
That's why recruiting is so loved by fans it's all based off facts not speculation as to where 18 year old kids are going to college.

sooneredaco
12/12/2009, 11:02 AM
I don't get it that much either. The only thing I can get is that cost of living is much cheaper in the middle of the US than in California. But millions of dollars is still millions of dollars. But Stanford seems like the better job to me.

Cost of living may be cheaper, but it should..... Kansas is flat and sucks! There is no comparison between Cali & Kansas. It's like dating an ugly chick because she's not high maintainence.

westcoast_sooner
12/12/2009, 01:08 PM
I'll agree that the "Harbaugh to KU" thinking makes little sense. Don't know who/how many seniors Stanford loses, nor how his depth/recruiting are going. But I think Gerhart is a senior and will be gone next year regardless. Harbaugh could be thinking that he'd take an interim job (KU) where he could "rebuild" until the Michigan job comes open. If RichRod get's canned at the end of next season, and Stanford were to have a worse season than this year, Harbaugh could miss out on an opportunity. If he leaves and goes to KU, his expectations wouldn't be so high his first season there.

Just a thought.

ndpruitt03
12/12/2009, 01:13 PM
The only positive KU has over Stanford is that they went to a BCS bowl a few years back and Stanford hasn't been to a bowl like that in forever.

JohnnyMack
12/12/2009, 01:20 PM
If I had the choice between Palo Alto and Lawrence, KS I can tell you it wouldn't be a tough decision.

BoulderSooner79
12/12/2009, 01:34 PM
Gerhart is a junior, but has made it clear he is leaving. Harbaugh (or at least his wife) have family in KC and it looks like KU will offer double his pay. At $2.5m/year in Lawrence, he would be set for life if he just stays a few years. At the $1.2m he is making here in Palo Alto, he is middle class. Okay, a little exaggeration and I'm sure he get subsidized housing, but a small fixer-upper out here starts over a $1m.

ndpruitt03
12/12/2009, 01:46 PM
stanford's site has him listed as a senior, but I guess that site could lie.

Scott D
12/12/2009, 02:50 PM

the amount of kissing and making up that would have to be done on the part of Harbaugh is so monumental, that it'd be highly unlikely to happen....not impossible, but pretty close.

BoulderSooner79
12/12/2009, 02:53 PM
Gerhart is a 4th year player, but received a medical redshirt after a season ending injury in the 1st game of '07.

delhalew
12/12/2009, 03:51 PM
stanford's site has him listed as a senior, but I guess that site could lie.

He is a senior academically speaking, but has a year of eligibility.

OUinFLA
12/12/2009, 03:58 PM
I imagine the "All-U-Can-Eat" Buffets at KU are anxious to know if they can expect to return to a profit in the near future.

westcoast_sooner
12/12/2009, 04:00 PM
I imagine the "All-U-Can-Eat" Buffets at KU are anxious to know if they can expect to return to a profit in the near future.
They probably breathed a sigh of relief when Mangino left town.

Harry Beanbag
12/12/2009, 04:06 PM
the amount of kissing and making up that would have to be done on the part of Harbaugh is so monumental, that it'd be highly unlikely to happen....not impossible, but pretty close.

Okay then, he'll get the Penn St. job next year. ;)

Regardless, moving to KU wouldn't improve his stock any, it would just put him more in the Nick Saban gypsy category if he were to leave there in two years. Besides, I like him right where he is pestering the **** out of Pete Carroll. :)

soonerboy
12/12/2009, 04:13 PM
Ya and Bob Stoops is gonna go coach SWOSU :rolleyes:

VA Sooner
12/12/2009, 05:16 PM
If Gerhart is really smart, he should graduate and go pro. Rookie salary caps start 2011. Nothing to gain after being the leading rusher in NCAA and a Heisman contender.

Harbaugh... tougher choice. Nice place to live but with a middle-class income due to cost of living. Glad that Harbaugh's wife's family lives in KC...serves as distraction. Maybe his dad will coach while he takes off to KC?

Regardless... want their A-game and no excuses for losing to OU. Need this bowl win....

Salt City Sooner
12/12/2009, 05:49 PM
Yahoo's saying Gill to KU:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news;_ylt=AoM5imEpbhnZrTK5kMsr0g85nYcB?slug=jn-gill121209&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Scott D
12/12/2009, 06:28 PM
If Gerhart is really smart, he should graduate and go pro. Rookie salary caps start 2011. Nothing to gain after being the leading rusher in NCAA and a Heisman contender.

Harbaugh... tougher choice. Nice place to live but with a middle-class income due to cost of living. Glad that Harbaugh's wife's family lives in KC...serves as distraction. Maybe his dad will coach while he takes off to KC?

Regardless... want their A-game and no excuses for losing to OU. Need this bowl win....

Gerhart probably has his choice of two sports if he felt so inclined..but most indications including the advice of his coach are to go pro. We'll likely find out on January 1st.

Scott D
12/12/2009, 06:29 PM
Okay then, he'll get the Penn St. job next year. ;)

Regardless, moving to KU wouldn't improve his stock any, it would just put him more in the Nick Saban gypsy category if he were to leave there in two years. Besides, I like him right where he is pestering the **** out of Pete Carroll. :)

heh, about the only thing he could do to **** off the Michigan faithful more than what he did during the last vacancy would be to take over for Jim Tressel at that votech down south. ;)

delhalew
12/12/2009, 06:50 PM
Gerhart probably has his choice of two sports if he felt so inclined..but most indications including the advice of his coach are to go pro. We'll likely find out on January 1st.

He already let it slip his plans are to enter the draft.

ndpruitt03
12/12/2009, 08:43 PM
Looks like KU will get Gill, oh well one could have hoped.

VA Sooner
12/12/2009, 09:12 PM
Harbaugh just signed a three-year extension with Stanford.

Stanford was smart.

Harry Beanbag
12/12/2009, 09:17 PM
Stanford was smart.

Post of the year award. :)