PDA

View Full Version : Heisman Question

IowaSooner26
12/11/2009, 10:05 AM
Last year, if my memory serves me correctly, a guy that works with the Heisman trust said that Graham Harrell didn't get invited because they only invite the ones within a certain distance of each other and that there is usually a significant drop off at some point which is where they make the break.

So my question is regarding the http://stiffarmtrophy.com/ rankings. Assuming they are faily accurate like they have been since their inception, why in god's name is Tebow even being invited to New York?

Is he being invited soley on popularity and prior history? Does the Heisman trust even care that they are going against what they said just one year ago? I personally would think it would be funny for Leach to call them out on it.

My one and only guess is that they did it from a rating standpoint but that would matter more to ESPN that it would to the Heisman people.

Boomer.....
12/11/2009, 10:09 AM
Do you actually think that ESPN would let them not invite Tebow to NYC? They still have more background stories to run on him.

MiccoMacey
12/11/2009, 10:19 AM
They never said their ONLY criteria is the break between points.

I'd go with...you have to have the returning Heisman trophy winner invited...whether he's in the front row or as an audience member like every other previous Heisman trophy winner.

It just makes more sense to have him as a participant.

Jello Biafra
12/11/2009, 10:21 AM
for the love of gawd...one of you farm masters photoshop teblows eye black to say BAMA 32:13 or whatever the score was..

that would be FARK...FARK masters. which is better than FART masters.

SbOrOiNaEnR
12/11/2009, 10:29 AM
My guess would be ratings ploy. They know he has little chance of winning, but the DAC invited him anyway just to give the uninformed the impression that by tuning in they could see history made with the first two-time Heisman winner since Archie Griffin.

IowaSooner26
12/11/2009, 10:40 AM
They never said their ONLY criteria is the break between points.

I'd go with...you have to have the returning Heisman trophy winner invited...whether he's in the front row or as an audience member like every other previous Heisman trophy winner.

It just makes more sense to have him as a participant.

I can see your point but I still think that it is mostly irrelevant to have him there. I could see maybe inviting the REIGNING Heisman winner if he were still in the college game but to just have a "passing of the torch" persay. The one plus side of it is I will be able to see Timmy fail again.

MiccoMacey
12/11/2009, 10:52 AM
I can see your point but I still think that it is mostly irrelevant to have him there. I could see maybe inviting the REIGNING Heisman winner if he were still in the college game but to just have a "passing of the torch" persay. The one plus side of it is I will be able to see Timmy fail again.

We agree...it's irrelevant to have him there as a "possible winner".

I'm sure it's different parts of what we've all said.

1890MilesToNorman
12/11/2009, 10:56 AM
The only award Tebow is qualified for is the Pansy Award! What a show he put on at the end of the Bama game.

Still

LMFAO

Sasakwa
12/11/2009, 11:07 AM
Seems like there used to always be about 4-5 guys there, surely there were several times when the 4th and 5th place guys were way behind but still went. I think Graham should have gotten to go, even if he isn't going to win, reward him with a trip.

OUmillenium
12/11/2009, 11:17 AM
Last year was a chance to give a lot of attention to 3 runaway finalists from top tier programs. If they would have invited anybody else, that would have split coverage into 25% or 20%. I liked what they did last year. This year is more like the traditional 4-5 guy invites and coverage since there is no huge separation like last year.

SoonerLB
12/11/2009, 12:23 PM
They want everyone to have another opportunity to see Timmah cry. ;)

fadada1
12/11/2009, 12:35 PM
SEC! SEC! SEC!

KantoSooner
12/11/2009, 12:36 PM
exactly. Just be grateful that we get to see Timmah fail yet again. With any luck, Flowduh loses their bowl game as well and Timmah can go out with dog turd on the top of his banana split.

badger
12/11/2009, 12:39 PM
The stiffy arm site says they only counted 200 or so ballots so far. It is possible that there were quite a few early voters that are too embarrassed to admit they voted for the crybaby now.

As such, projections for both Colt and Tim may be way off, because I doubt many would want the world to know they just threw their vote away.

rawlingsHOH
12/11/2009, 12:56 PM
Excellent point, badger! I wouldn't be surprised to see both Colt's and Tebow's percentages a little bit higher in the final numbers.

CowboyMRW
12/11/2009, 03:43 PM
The only award Tebow is qualified for is the Pansy Award! What a show he put on at the end of the Bama game.

Still

LMFAO

What does Bradford qualify for then since he got hit twice this year and injured on both hits

rawlingsHOH
12/11/2009, 04:09 PM
What does Bradford qualify for then since he got hit twice this year and injured on both hits

I'd say more like 2 out of 8.

Good game in Norman, y'all really came to play!

1890MilesToNorman
12/11/2009, 04:11 PM

Who the hell are you?

sooneron
12/11/2009, 04:15 PM
Yay, we have a new little retard stepbrother on the board!!!

Woohoo!

rawlingsHOH
12/11/2009, 04:49 PM
Who the hell are you?

I'm bone thugs in harmon

badger
12/11/2009, 04:56 PM

It's funny because you've posted twice here and got neg-injured on both posts :rolleyes:

CrimsonJim
12/11/2009, 05:25 PM

What does Bradford "qualify for"? He qualifies for a trip to NYC as the reigning Heisman winner for starters. :rolleyes:

Breadburner
12/11/2009, 05:36 PM

27-0.....

Partial Qualifier
12/11/2009, 06:00 PM
Wow, 11 people thus far have voted Tebow #1.

westbrooke
12/11/2009, 06:28 PM

Congratulations, asshat, that marks the first time I've actually felt compelled to neg someone, even counting some of the more obnoxious hornfans on the board. Can we get someone to skull**** something really virulent into this guy?

AlbqSooner
12/11/2009, 09:49 PM
Skull****ing cowboys ain't something I am really into. However, if you don't get any takers, I might do it for the team.:eek: Jus don't tell anyone.

SoonerLB
12/11/2009, 11:22 PM
Wow, 11 people thus far have voted Tebow #1.

That accounts for 11 idjets! Just sayin'! :mad:

Crucifax Autumn
12/11/2009, 11:28 PM
Finally...An excuse to post this again!!!!! Woo-Hoo!!!!!

Btw1eh4mitQ

Crucifax Autumn
12/11/2009, 11:33 PM
And while I'm ragging on a sheephumper with the brains of a doorknob and the class of a pile of dog****...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/ulijon/smSheephumper.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/ulijon/Sheephumper2.jpg

Crucifax Autumn
12/11/2009, 11:35 PM
Here he is with his sister/wife trying to go to this years OU-OSU game:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/ulijon/330479copy.jpg

Didn't know enough about football to know the game was in Norman this year!

Salt City Sooner
12/12/2009, 01:40 AM
Considering the fact that the last time OSU played against him & he waltzed right into Stillwater & hung 61 on the aggy D, I'd say your daddy.

budbarrybob
12/12/2009, 07:57 AM
Considering the fact that the last time OSU played against him & he waltzed right into Stillwater & hung 61 on the aggy D, I'd say NAILING your Momma BIOTCH.

fixed.