PDA

View Full Version : And the New Norte Dame Coach is....

Blues1
12/10/2009, 08:37 PM
LINK.....

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/3032113/ta/y/

MyT Oklahoma
12/10/2009, 08:42 PM
Good luck. :rolleyes:

Crucifax Autumn
12/10/2009, 08:44 PM
And like I said would happen:

One of those players -- wide receiver Mardy Gilyard -- blasted Kelly for what he says were lies told to him and his teammates by Kelly about the Irish situation.

"I feel like there was a little lying in this thing, I feel like he's known the whole time. I kind of had a gut feeling that he was going to stay because he told me he was going to be here. But it is what it is. He made a business decision," Gilyard said. "He said he wasn't going anywhere. He liked the city of Cincinnati. We'll be all right even if he takes the job. We'll be all right before the bowl game and after it. We'll still be good.

"It ain't cool to lie. I'm hot about that. But I respect BK, and everything he did for the program here. We know whoever the coach is, the players know we're going to take care of business (in the bowl game). We're already looking ahead."

The kid is right to be pizzed off.

Blues1
12/10/2009, 09:00 PM
Another Interesting Link

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/10504248/Kelly-is-great,-but-Meyer-would-have-been-better

Jacie
12/10/2009, 09:26 PM
So the man did what he had to do for himself and because of the delicate nature of the process it had to be done quietly, not in public. Blast away at him.

But it doesn't take much for an administration and fan base to turn on a coach, just ask Tyrone Willingham and Charlie Weis.

Brian Kelly played the game well and won the reward, which is to coach an even higher profile program than Cincy and show a lot of improvement or be shown the door in a couple or three seasons. That's why he's paid the big bucks, high risk and high reward.

The Bearcat supporters got more than they paid for with Kelly and should feel good about it. Any sympathy Sooners might feel for them is kinda hypocritical of em as Cincy fans are probably wishing it was OUr coach instead of theirs that took the job.

tulsaoilerfan
12/10/2009, 09:38 PM
You mean Bob didn't get the job?

Crucifax Autumn
12/10/2009, 09:56 PM
So the man did what he had to do for himself and because of the delicate nature of the process it had to be done quietly, not in public. Blast away at him.

Here's the problem with all that. It's not like he was just quiet about it or said no comment. He DIRECTLY told his players he wasn't going anywhere and that's pretty assinine.

Boomer38Sooner
12/10/2009, 10:08 PM
What makes me laugh is that Notre Dame wanted a defensive coach... because that has been their weakness for several years now. And they hire Brian Kelly who wins in shootouts every week. WOOOOOWWW good luck ND. Its gunna be another few seasons when they hire another coach.

sooneron
12/10/2009, 10:53 PM
I think I'll set the over/under at 4 years.

adoniijahsooner
12/10/2009, 11:05 PM
You do not lie and that is the whole point.

TUSooner
12/10/2009, 11:06 PM
Here's the problem with all that. It's not like he was just quiet about it or said no comment. He DIRECTLY told his players he wasn't going anywhere....

THIS ^^

May ND football always struggle and fail.

badger
12/10/2009, 11:28 PM
No more Notre Dame threads :mad:

VA Sooner
12/11/2009, 12:34 AM
Finally... it's over. No more Stoops having to go back to the media and tell them it's not happening. He can get back to recruiting a new o-line.

Jacie
12/11/2009, 06:59 AM
You do not lie and that is the whole point.

Hey, the man did not lie. The little girl didn't get a real pony cause she didn't ask for one.

Breadburner
12/11/2009, 07:26 AM
I think ND screwed up again......

goingoneight
12/11/2009, 09:15 AM
I think ND screwed up again......

By hiring a coach with an outstanding record and not some retread or NFL bust?

TheHumanAlphabet
12/11/2009, 09:51 AM
But, but they said Bob Stoops would be the next coach at ND???

News organizations...epic fail!

My Opinion Matters
12/11/2009, 10:02 AM
It's an outstanding hire. Notre Dame's schedule generally is not any tougher than Cincinatti's.

KantoSooner
12/11/2009, 10:38 AM
It's all a cunning plan: get Kelly to announce, all the while, Bob and ND are finalizing details for his contract.
Bob's still the next ND coach. I have inside sources. (a friend of the gay lover of the brother of a guy who sometimes drives big alumni donors in from the airport in South Bend.)