PDA

View Full Version : The saddest thing?

TUSooner
12/10/2009, 05:01 PM
The college football season is ending, and it seems like it just started. :(
"You people" - and you know who you are - who whine and bitch about "meaningless" bowl games need an attitude adjustment, because that's pretty much all the CFB you're gonna get until August.

You say you can't get all fired up about Rutgers vs UCF or Fresno St. vs Wyoming? Quitcherdamsnivlin and watch 'em anyway. And be happy about it !!

You ingrates! There are children in Africa who can't even get a nibble of Middle Tennesses State vs Southern Miss or a sniff of Idaho vs Bowling Green. So clean your plates, or should I say bowls, and lick up whatever the waning season has to offer.

Enter a bunch of bowl pools. Wager extravagantly on Temple or Nevada. Do whatever it takes to get yourself stoked. If this football season teaches Soonerfans just one thing, it's that you can't count on the gratification that comes from winning championships; sometime you just gotta enjoy each little game for what it is.

End of sermon. Carry on!

;)
:)

olevetonahill
12/10/2009, 05:06 PM
Add these peeps to yer list while yer at it Bro

I Cant Wait till Ft Ball season starts .
well ya bellyachers , it started and is Ending Way to soon :mad:

NormanPride
12/10/2009, 05:07 PM
AMEN!

KantoSooner
12/10/2009, 05:35 PM
And just think of all the gators who graduate and the coachs who left them. I look forward to a much improved OU squad and to the cruel joy of watching UF and UT 'enjoy' very down seasons.

SoonerLB
12/10/2009, 05:42 PM
Had to go and bring up that 'wait till August' part din ya. :(

KantoSooner
12/10/2009, 05:59 PM
sorry, but, yeah; as much as I want to win against Stanford, I can't wait to get back into a regular season again.

royalfan5
12/10/2009, 06:20 PM
It's good thing I like basketball and baseball more than football. It prevents having to worry about this situation.

MamaMia
12/10/2009, 06:24 PM
Am I the only one whos glad this nightmare is ending? :D

[raises wine glass]Here's to next season![raises wine glass]

StoopTroup
12/10/2009, 07:10 PM
I guess it's only a nightmare if you were asleep and in some sort of psychological or physical distress.

Me...I saw some guys almost win 11 games this year.

Thanks to all the guys who laid it on the line this year. To the guys who won't return...I wish things had been different for you this year. Good Luck to all of you.

ST

soonersam
12/10/2009, 07:17 PM
That seem to go by faster and faster every year.. But enjoyed visiting with ya's again this season!!

Crucifax Autumn
12/10/2009, 07:21 PM
That seem to go by faster and faster every year.. But enjoyed visiting with ya's again this season!!

Yep. That's the right attitude.

TXBOOMER
12/10/2009, 07:30 PM
It seems like a couple of weeks ago I showed up at Jerry world ready to watch an a$$ kicking to get the season started on our way to number 8. It has truly been an unbelievable season.

SunnySooner
12/10/2009, 08:41 PM
I'm so sad that CFB is ending. It has been a great distraction for me while the hubby is in the sandbox, that I don't know what I'm going to do when it's over. You'll prolly see me on here starting all kine random threads. Is it August yet?;)

yermom
12/10/2009, 10:09 PM
i'm kinda glad it's over, and it ended well

i love bowl week though.

btk108
12/10/2009, 11:21 PM
I'm going with Dean on this one.....the season "Never To Be Mentioned". Not the guys fault, fate just decided to deal it's blow in one entire season. I'm watching the Bowl Game and rooting just as hard as I did all season long...but DAYUM....I can't wait till next season starts!:D

btk108
12/10/2009, 11:22 PM
I'm so sad that CFB is ending. It has been a great distraction for me while the hubby is in the sandbox, that I don't know what I'm going to do when it's over. You'll prolly see me on here starting all kine random threads. Is it August yet?;)

Sunny, dear, we have men's an women's bball.....women's softball and men's baseball.....*W*

In the summertime you can go to the beach, get a tan and dream of the football to come.

btk108
12/10/2009, 11:22 PM
I canna wait till we have some hockey to watch!

VA Sooner
12/11/2009, 12:35 AM
Pulling out old games on DVD to watch after the bowls are over. A long 9 months in store... especially after waiting the last 9 months for what was supposed to #8 within our reach.

adoniijahsooner
12/11/2009, 06:09 AM
I'm looking forward to signing day, and I am really looking forward to spring ball, so much so that I may drive up from texas.

adoniijahsooner
12/11/2009, 06:10 AM
Pulling out old games on DVD to watch after the bowls are over. A long 9 months in store... especially after waiting the last 9 months for what was supposed to #8 within our reach.

I still have last years tapes. This year I was only able to record baylor, Miami, and Texas.

Pricetag
12/11/2009, 01:25 PM
Am I the only one whos glad this nightmare is ending? :D

[raises wine glass]Here's to next season![raises wine glass]
No. I love football, but the "Twilight Zone" aspect of this season was just too much for me. I won't miss this season when it's over.

I haven't even been able to enjoy playing as OU in the videogame. It just hurt too much seeing Sammy and Jermaine out there

Flagstaffsooner
12/11/2009, 02:57 PM
Oh, the humanity!
http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/customcounter.html?month=9&day=4&year=2010&hour=16&min=00&sec=&p0=197

MamaMia
12/11/2009, 09:38 PM
Oh, the humanity!
http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/customcounter.html?month=9&day=4&year=2010&hour=16&min=00&sec=&p0=197 Thats pretty cool. I have super high hopes about next season, but then I almost always do. :D

Sonner magic923
12/11/2009, 09:44 PM
yep offseason is to long.