PDA

View Full Version : I am no longer an individual. I have joined facebook.

Penguin
12/10/2009, 11:47 AM
Part of me has died today, but that which doesn't kill me, maims me horribly.

I feel like that I have joined a cult. :(

SicEmBaylor
12/10/2009, 11:53 AM
I loathed the idea for a long time, but I'm hopelessly addicted to it now.

NormanPride
12/10/2009, 11:54 AM
I need to add more people from here. You guys are crazy, and would probably entertain me a lot.

And don't feel bad. I joined a while back and nothing about me changed. I just get to hear from my friends more often now. Now, if you get into all the games and crap - then you've lost your soul.

SicEmBaylor
12/10/2009, 11:56 AM
I need to add more people from here. You guys are crazy, and would probably entertain me a lot.

And don't feel bad. I joined a while back and nothing about me changed. I just get to hear from my friends more often now. Now, if you get into all the games and crap - then you've lost your soul.

I believe I'm FB friends with your wife. :D

Penguin
12/10/2009, 12:01 PM
Wha? There's a Soonerfans Homewreckers group on facebook?

NormanPride
12/10/2009, 12:24 PM
I believe I'm FB friends with your wife. :D

Yeah, but she's never on. :D

SicEmBaylor
12/10/2009, 12:26 PM

lol, that's alright I can't remember her real name.

Boomer.....
12/10/2009, 12:26 PM

That you know of.

sooneron
12/10/2009, 02:00 PM
Fb is just like the SO a few years ago, Bri posts on there all the time. :D

OUMallen
12/10/2009, 02:26 PM

If you didn't want to...why did you?

Penguin
12/10/2009, 02:33 PM
If you didn't want to...why did you?

Somebody told me that they were giving away free crack. Hell, I don't smoke crack, but I'll try anything if it's free.

GottaHavePride
12/10/2009, 04:11 PM

Oh holy crap - I know a guy that ALL He DOES is play the dragon thing game and the vampire thing game, and the mafia wars thing... Sweet bejeezus.

C&CDean
12/10/2009, 04:29 PM
Not having a computer at home is a very good thing. No facebook. No utoob. No pron. Wait....

NormanPride
12/10/2009, 04:47 PM
Sucker. And they don't have the scrambled channels where you can almost see the boobies anymore.

sooneron
12/10/2009, 05:23 PM
Oh holy crap - I know a guy that ALL He DOES is play the dragon thing game and the vampire thing game, and the mafia wars thing... Sweet bejeezus.

All I play is Mafia wars and I played it a lot for about 2-3 months, now I barely pay attention to it. I prolly have about 50,000,000,000 in my wallet on there right now.

Partial Qualifier
12/10/2009, 05:25 PM
Sucker. And they don't have the scrambled channels where you can almost see the boobies anymore.

if you stick a playing card into the cable box just right. . . . . .

JohnnyMack
12/10/2009, 05:28 PM
All I play is Mafia wars and I played it a lot for about 2-3 months, now I barely pay attention to it. I prolly have about 50,000,000,000 in my wallet on there right now.

I just started deleting friends if all they do is play that ****. Hate it clogging up my page. Maybe I can hide that crap, but I couldn't figure out how and deleting them felt oddly liberating.

sooneron
12/10/2009, 05:28 PM
if you stick a playing card into the cable box just right. . . . . .

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3375/3298454963_068a3b8b20.jpg

sooner n houston
12/11/2009, 12:18 PM
I just started deleting friends if all they do is play that ****. Hate it clogging up my page. Maybe I can hide that crap, but I couldn't figure out how and deleting them felt oddly liberating.

Make a group, or what ever it's called, and name it mafia. Move all those friends to that group and their stuff won't show up on your front page any more! :D

Not that I would know. :D

Boomer.....
12/11/2009, 12:26 PM
I just got on it also and hate seeing updates and getting invitations from the farm crap. Do people just live on that thing?

Pricetag
12/11/2009, 01:15 PM
Why is it that what appears when I login seems to change depending upon which direction the wind is blowing?

OhU1
12/11/2009, 02:03 PM
My sister and I laughed when my youngest sister signed on to facebook in June. We both signed up out of curiosity to see what she was posting. Now both of us are Facebook pod people and visit daily. Whoever created Facebook is a genius. The site is insidious in how it draws you in.

OUDoc
12/11/2009, 02:11 PM
I check it out every once and a while.
I'd be back more if my friends hadn't become so old and boring.

beer4me
12/11/2009, 02:15 PM
Make a group, or what ever it's called, and name it mafia. Move all those friends to that group and their stuff won't show up on your front page any more! :D

Not that I would know. :D

Is this legit??

I ask seriously my oldest son set a page for me so I could talk with my youngest son who is back in Iraq for his third tour.

I don't know a dayum thing about the page I just go over there and chat with my son.

But the wall or whatever it's called is filled with all that mafia dog poop (most of it from my son he plays it all the time) and farm sumptin game that my DIL plays

yermom
12/11/2009, 02:26 PM
i can almost understand the mafia/vampire games

the farmville ****e just seems retarded. well another level of retarded

the anti-Obamacare angle is pretty funny though

sooner n houston
12/11/2009, 02:32 PM
Is this legit??

I ask seriously my oldest son set a page for me so I could talk with my youngest son who is back in Iraq for his third tour.

I don't know a dayum thing about the page I just go over there and chat with my son.

But the wall or whatever it's called is filled with all that mafia dog poop (most of it from my son he plays it all the time) and farm sumptin game that my DIL plays

Yea, it is legit. I may be using the wrong word for the groups but it is called something like that. You could even put your son in a group by himself. You can also move the groups around so that the "news" group, which is the one you see in default mode, is not on top. You only see the entries for the group that is on top unless you click on the other groups.

CrimsonJim
12/11/2009, 03:14 PM

"You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile..."

I don't know how we've done it, but the wife & I have yet to succumb to either FB or MS. Family & friends continue to pour on the pressure, but we have maintained our individuality so far. Wish us luck in our continued fight.

sooneron
12/11/2009, 04:02 PM
I'm still waiting for Penguin to accept my friend invite! :mad:

Penguin
12/11/2009, 04:22 PM
Why is it that what appears when I login seems to change depending upon which direction the wind is blowing?

Been on only one day and I've already noticed this. It disturbs me greatly.

Boarder
12/11/2009, 04:50 PM
If you see a farmville, mafia thing, or any other application and hit the hide button beside it, it blocks that app from your feed page. Not the person, just the app. It's the best feature.

Boomer.....
12/11/2009, 06:28 PM
If you see a farmville, mafia thing, or any other application and hit the hide button beside it, it blocks that app from your feed page. Not the person, just the app. It's the best feature.

You sir are a genius! I have an aunt who is addicted to Facebook. I just hid Farkle, Yoville, Birthday Cards, Island Paradise, Farmville, Snowball Fight, Pieces of Flair, Mafia Wars, (Lil) Farm Life, and Super Farkle and that was just on the first page.

nmsoonergirl
12/11/2009, 06:37 PM
You sir are a genius! I have an aunt who is addicted to Facebook. I just hid Farkle, Yoville, Birthday Cards, Island Paradise, Farmville, Snowball Fight, Pieces of Flair, Mafia Wars, (Lil) Farm Life, and Super Farkle and that was just on the first page.

We must be cousins...I have that same aunt!

Crucifax Autumn
12/11/2009, 08:55 PM
The apps are retarded.

My wife wakes up in the middle of the night to check her crops and ****.

CrimsonJim
12/11/2009, 10:15 PM
The apps are retarded.

My wife wakes up in the middle of the night to check her crops and ****.

It doesn't happen very often, but I've woke up in the middle of the night and had to **** too. :eek:

sooner ngintunr
12/11/2009, 10:20 PM
It doesn't happen very often, but I've woke up in the middle of the night and had to **** too. :eek:

too much natty.

olevetonahill
12/12/2009, 09:33 AM
Im Mo liberated than any of ya .
I aint got a clue as to what this is all about .
Dont know how to even find it and dont want to :D